Christianity

For all things philosophical.

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Immanuel Can

Re: Christianity

Post by Immanuel Can »

Dontaskme wrote: Tue Oct 26, 2021 6:53 pm There is no such entity as a Christian.
If you say so... :lol:
Immanuel Can

Post by Immanuel Can »

attofishpi wrote: Tue Oct 26, 2021 6:53 pm ...worthy of Christ...
If you believe anybody is that, then you have no idea what a Christian even is.
Immanuel Can

Post by Immanuel Can »

owl of Minerva wrote: Tue Oct 26, 2021 7:07 pm Enough of these harangues. They are getting tedious.
What a great idea.
attofishpi

Post by attofishpi »

CASE IN POINT - What happened to MY other statements being addressed? Please kindly address them in FULL without cutting words out to SUIT YOU.

As Vitruvius wrote:

I hate how you leave your argument in full, reduce mine to one line - often missing the salient point, and then bang on afterward, again at great length. Further, you stick a label on my argument then attack the label.

You are a cunning Evangelist fox.

Immanuel Can wrote: Mon Oct 25, 2021 5:48 pm
attofishpi wrote: Mon Oct 25, 2021 5:14 pm But you admit that you would likely take full advantage (of others) no matter what the cost (had you believe there was no God watching over your actions) - as per your above statement?
Any thinking Atheist would. (But I'm no Atheist, of course.)
As a Christian myself, I rate you pretty shit as a Christian. I would go as far as to say unethical and showing a degree of cowardice by the way you debate with Atheists, most of whom appear to have mastered "thinking".

Certainly, most of my friends are "thinking" atheists and they would not stoop to take full advantage (of others) no matter what the cost, as you have clearly shown, you would.

That then proves to me that you are only into the Christian thing in an attempt to benefit from it. You are not a Christian for the right reason; altruism and show little to no bravery, and fairness as demonstrated by the way you debate on this forum, hence you are unethical. (thus a hypocrite)

Immanuel Can wrote: Mon Oct 25, 2021 5:48 pmHe would know that no moral constraints hang over his head, and he could not possibly miss the simple logic of, "I want it, I can get it, and when my life is over there is no more -- so what is there to prevent me from getting it, save my own cowardice?"
..oh, that is so you (deep down it's who you are, not your fault, blame God, he made you) , except you think you are going to get some great reward and these mere atheists are going to be punished, oh the irony if you actually knew.

Immanuel Can wrote: Mon Oct 25, 2021 5:48 pmYes, we are...but you are not the Judge. Not am I.
Did I "judge" you? or rate you? ..as a SHIT Christian.
attofishpi

Post by attofishpi »

Immanuel Can wrote: Tue Oct 26, 2021 6:48 pm
attofishpi wrote: Tue Oct 26, 2021 6:21 pm
Immanuel Can wrote: Mon Oct 25, 2021 5:48 pmYes, we are...but you are not the Judge. Not am I.
If you're a Christian, ask the Lord. It's not my job to tell you. I don't look on people's hearts. But God does.
But you are heartless. You would be ruthless if you didn't believe someone was watching over you. Whereas, ALL the atheists I know are decent people, thus are of a FAR better ethical standard and more worthy of Christ than you.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Immanuel Can wrote: Tue Oct 26, 2021 7:17 pm
Dontaskme wrote: Tue Oct 26, 2021 6:53 pm There is no such entity as a Christian.
If you say so... :lol:

Who else is there to say it ... :lol: there was no if there, the saying actually and absolutely happened.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Immanuel Can wrote: Tue Oct 26, 2021 7:19 pm
owl of Minerva wrote: Tue Oct 26, 2021 7:07 pm Enough of these harangues. They are getting tedious.
What a great idea.
And yet here you are, always right in the thick of it...like a true hypocrite.
Immanuel Can

Post by Immanuel Can »

attofishpi wrote: Tue Oct 26, 2021 7:20 pm
Immanuel Can wrote: Tue Oct 26, 2021 6:48 pm
attofishpi wrote: Tue Oct 26, 2021 6:21 pm
If you're a Christian, ask the Lord. It's not my job to tell you. I don't look on people's hearts. But God does.
But you are heartless.
I didn't say it. He did. I'm just telling you how it is. Whether or not you listen, that's between Him and you.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

owl of Minerva wrote: Tue Oct 26, 2021 7:07 pm

Enough of these harangues. They are getting tedious.

You are very naive when it comes to religious philosophical debates. The religiously inclined are more than willing to fight to their death for their beliefs, it a cold blooded bloodsport they ardently believe they have true mastership over.
owl of Minerva

Post by owl of Minerva »

By attofishipi:

“For me, this is not a debate about whether Christ existed or not, it is about the ethics of someone insisting they are a Christian.”(Immanuel Can

…………………………………………….

Exactly my point. If he, IC insists he is a Christian and is polemic in his insistence and belief he is not accepting reality. To be a Christian is his choice it does not have to be other peoples choice. It is not so much a matter of ethics to be a Christian it is more a matter of choice as it is to be an atheist. Opposite choices exist, people will choose one or the other according to inclination. It is best to ignore the flag wavers and not give them oxygen. /
Lacewing

Post by Lacewing »

Immanuel Can wrote: Tue Oct 26, 2021 6:31 pm...
It's really impossible to have any sort of honest discussion with you because you continually insert your fabrications as if they are some sort of Universe truth. The extent that you go to -- the twisting and deflections to prop up your manipulated beliefs -- is stunning to see. Whether it requires extraordinary self-deception or foolishness (or both), is unclear... for it appears that you have perfected your dance to be an impenetrable, self-sustaining cocoon, ignoring all challenges that would be worth exploring truthfully if you were not so densely fixated on what feeds you. It may be that you don't see -- or cannot bear to see -- the deception and distortion of what your 'creation' has become under the banner of God.

Such are the self-serving creations sanctified by many theists.
Last edited by Lacewing on Tue Oct 26, 2021 7:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
attofishpi

Post by attofishpi »

owl of Minerva wrote: Tue Oct 26, 2021 7:32 pm By attofishipi:

“For me, this is not a debate about whether Christ existed or not, it is about the ethics of someone insisting they are a Christian.”(Immanuel Can

…………………………………………….

Exactly my point. If he, IC insists he is a Christian and is polemic in his insistence and belief he is not accepting reality. To be a Christian is his choice it does not have to be other peoples choice. It is not so much a matter of ethics to be a Christian it is more a matter of choice as it is to be an atheist. Opposite choices exist, people will choose one or the other according to inclination. It is best to ignore the flag wavers and not give them oxygen. /
It is none of your business what people are debating within a thread. The point is to be honest, that IC continually contorts and manipulates any debate, as you can see above by chopping out pertinent points that those that bother attempting to debate with him, never get a REASONABLE chance at a FAIR debate..

So, ya. I'm done.

I suggest nobody wastes their time with him...boycott as it were, he's not a decent person to deal with in any form of philosophical debate. (he cheats)
owl of Minerva

Post by owl of Minerva »

“You are very naive when it comes to religious philosophical debates. The religiously inclined are more than willing to fight to their death for their beliefs, it a cold blooded bloodsport they ardently believe they have true mastership over.”

…………………………

No I am not being naive, just realistic. Opposites exist. They are a matter of choice. If someone is confrontational and set in their belief it is best as I said not to give them oxygen. Just ignore it and go on to the next topic. Being ignored is the best approach. If anyone has chosen their worldview they have no right to beat others over the head with it.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Immanuel Can wrote: Tue Oct 26, 2021 7:29 pm
I'm just telling you how it is. Whether or not you listen, that's between Him and you.
But I thought you said it's not ''my'' job to tell. So who is the one who is ''telling'' here? and who is that ''my'' who doesn't have the job to tell?

Those are the questions you fail to answer properly. ...Who is the teller? if it's claimed to be God, then why does God need a ''my'' to inform himself it's not his job to tell?

Why does God say it's not ''my'' job to tell you. Doesn't that mean God's just being a lazy bastard, not speaking up for himself. Oh that's right , God is a bastard, he's got no mummy or daddy, poor little orphan, all alone in the universe, that he has to make up some other make believe character to keep himself amused.

Oh well, that's enough of this nonsense for tonight.

Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Lacewing wrote: Tue Oct 26, 2021 7:39 pm
Immanuel Can wrote: Tue Oct 26, 2021 6:31 pm...
It's really impossible to have any sort of honest discussion with you because you continually insert your fabrications as if they are some sort of Universe truth. The extent that you go to -- the twisting and deflections to prop up your manipulated beliefs -- is stunning to see. Whether it requires extraordinary self-deception or foolishness (or both), is unclear... for it appears that you have perfected your dance to be an impenetrable, self-sustaining cocoon, ignoring all challenges that would be worth exploring truthfully if you were not so densely fixated on what feeds you. It may be that you don't see -- or cannot bear to see -- the deception and distortion of what your 'creation' has become under the banner of God.

Such are the self-serving creations sanctified by many theists.
And then you wonder why humanity is so fucked up. Imagine bringing a child into this world already knowing they are going to have this insane nonsense rammed down their throats, especially if they are born into a religious family, it's sickening to think about because the child didn't even consent to being born in the first place. I'm sorry but humans are mostly just deluded beyond belief...notice Ic will never deal with the difficult questions, and that's because he doesn't know how to counter debate religious philosophy, because according to IC, who has never been alive before, has got everything that can be possibly known, all figured out. He's just a one-sided idiot, jerking off with himself.