Christianity

For all things philosophical.

Moderators: AMod, iMod

attofishpi

Re: Christianity

Post by attofishpi »

iambiguous wrote: Tue Nov 29, 2022 2:49 am
I am an atheist dumb arse.
Last edited by attofishpi on Tue Nov 29, 2022 4:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
iambiguous

Post by iambiguous »

attofishpi wrote: Tue Nov 29, 2022 3:53 am
iambiguous wrote: Tue Nov 29, 2022 2:49 am I've got a better idea.

Give Him exactly 27 days, then pose the question again.

It will already be answered.
Er, good luck with that atheist dumb arse.
Just for the record, iambiguous did not write that.

iambiguous wrote this:
Right. Christmas. Millions of Christians around the globe will celebrate the birth of Christ. Including the Pope residing in the Vatican. Well, if anyone can actually prove that.

And that definitely proves the Christian God resides in Heaven.

In the interim, all the rest of us will be looking for more, uh, substantial signs from Him over the next 7 days.

For example, tomorrow morning we all awake to the incredible news that not a single child starved to death anywhere in the entire world!

That's a sign that would certainly startle me.
Oh, yeah:

Absolutely shameless!

how can it not startle anyone with any intelligence at all that the Philosophy Now magazine forum is awash with minds this spectacularly weak! the internet, right?
attofishpi

Post by attofishpi »

iambiguous wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 8:55 pm Note to the Christian God:

Give us a sign.

Something -- anything -- to settle this once and for all.

Let's give Him a week.
Good luck with that atheist dumb arse.

iambiguous wrote: Tue Nov 29, 2022 4:03 amhow can it not startle anyone with any intelligence at all that the Philosophy Now magazine forum is awash with minds this spectacularly weak! the internet, right?
Yep, atheist dumb arse so what the fuck are you doing here since you have worked out how intellectually weak you are?
iambiguous

Post by iambiguous »

attofishpi wrote: Tue Nov 29, 2022 4:19 am

Give us a sign.

Let's give Him a week.

iambiguous wrote: Tue Nov 29, 2022 4:03 am
how can it not startle anyone with any intelligence at all that the Philosophy Now magazine forum is awash with minds this spectacularly weak! the internet, right?
Yep, atheist dumb arse so what the fuck are you doing here since you have worked out how intellectually weak you are?
See what I mean?!

Note to the folks at Philosophy Now:

I'll bet that never in a million years when you created this forum could you have possibly imagined it bursting at the seams with "minds" of this sort?

Perhaps you should just throw in the towel and sell it to Elon Musk. Or the Vatican?
attofishpi

Post by attofishpi »

iambiguous wrote: Tue Nov 29, 2022 4:31 am
attofishpi wrote: Tue Nov 29, 2022 4:19 am

Give us a sign.

Let's give Him a week.

iambiguous wrote: Tue Nov 29, 2022 4:03 am
See what I mean?!

Note to the folks at Philosophy Now:

I'll bet that never in a million years when you created this forum could you have possibly imagined it bursting at the seams with "minds" of this sort?

Perhaps you should just throw in the towel and sell it to Elon Musk. Or the Vatican?
What makes you think that you are in any way intellectually superior to me?
seeds

Post by seeds »

attofishpi wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 11:26 pm
seeds wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 9:34 pm Not only did the European colonists decimate the native Americans and steal their ancestral lands..
What would you have expected, that "native" "Americans" would have welcomed newcomers to settle with them, and sing songs!

It is the nature of MAN the world over - to conquer the weaker for resources...
And you don't think that that's an evil and low conscious aspect of "MAN" that needs to change?
seeds wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 9:34 pm Furthermore, the same lack of remorse for what our ancestors did to the native population of North America is still a part of America's M.O., for it is clearly evident in America's support, both monetarily and militarily, of the Jewish people's claim of having every right to evict Palestinians from the lands they've lived on for centuries, just because the Jews occupied those lands thousands of years ago.
..and you don't see your hypocrisy.
What, exactly, am I being hypocritical about, atto?
_______
attofishpi

Post by attofishpi »

seeds wrote: Tue Nov 29, 2022 6:17 am
seeds wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 9:34 pm Not only did the European colonists decimate the native Americans and steal their ancestral lands..
What would you have expected, that "native" "Americans" would have welcomed newcomers to settle with them, and sing songs!

It is the nature of MAN the world over - to conquer the weaker for resources...
And you don't think that that's an evil and low conscious aspect of "MAN" that needs to change?
Not really. That's what happened and I don't have a time machine to make man from yesteryear improve their ways.

seeds wrote: Tue Nov 29, 2022 6:17 am
seeds wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 9:34 pm Furthermore, the same lack of remorse for what our ancestors did to the native population of North America is still a part of America's M.O., for it is clearly evident in America's support, both monetarily and militarily, of the Jewish people's claim of having every right to evict Palestinians from the lands they've lived on for centuries, just because the Jews occupied those lands thousands of years ago.
..and you don't see your hypocrisy.
What, exactly, am I being hypocritical about, atto?
You are stating that the Jews occupied a land 2000 years ago and apparently have no right to their land (after going into bat for "native Americans" re their land rights). You can't have it both ways seeds, or does it matter the number of years people manage to hang out on their local block?
seeds

Post by seeds »

Alexis Jacobi wrote: Tue Nov 29, 2022 12:07 am
seeds wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 9:34 pm I mean, how do you suppose the present population of America would respond if the varying tribes of North American Indians banded together, and, with the help of some super powerful military force, demanded that we all leave our homes and sources of income and relocate to some God-forsaken land in Canada or the American Southwest,...
Manhattan back to the Lenape! At least, at the very least, a substantial suite in Trump Tower…
Well, seeing how we're being irreverent about it, check out Firesign Theatre's comedic presentation that perfectly encapsulates (in a short skit) the settling of America and the conquering of the American Indians:

https://youtu.be/wjNqlhPFc4Y
_______
Harry Baird

Post by Harry Baird »

Alexis Jacobi wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 5:17 pm I don’t understand the term gaslighting in this context. What makes you use that term?
Gaslighting involves denying obvious reality to another person so as to exercise power over that person. It often occurs in a context in which the perpetrator presents him/herself as being rational and dispassionate, and his/her target as irrational and emotional. If the target reacts with anger or some other appropriate emotion to the denial of his/her correct perception of reality, and to the portrayal of him/herself as being illogical and merely driven by sentiments, then the perpetrator uses this as further evidence of his/her portrayal of the situation: "See, here's the emotionality that I'm talking about. As for me, I continue to simply rationally and dispassionately tell the truth."

Of course, such an exercise in power is itself motivated by sentiments, and that's probably the best way to point out the game being played.
Alexis Jacobi wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 5:17 pm I do not have emotional investments in any ideas that we discuss (on this forum, in this thread). But I notice that something made you (seemingly) angry. What exactly?
Case in point...

(Granted: strictly speaking, I've applied the term "gaslighting" in a much, much milder context than that in which it usually applies, and I'm not accusing you of involvement in those awful situations of domestic abuse. It's just interesting to compare the dynamics).
Harry Baird

Post by Harry Baird »

@seeds, thanks for your post in which you endorsed my sentiments. Based on that post, I think we very much see eye to eye.

@attofishpi, your response puzzles me. A while back, in this thread, you endorsed my analysis of the situation in which indigenous Australians find themselves. I'm not sure why you don't see a parallel here with the situations in which native Americans and Palestinians find themselves.

I don't think your claim of seeds's "hypocrisy" holds, because even according to the Book by which they justify their right to Palestinian land, the Jewish people in the first place invaded that land and kicked out its original occupants, who, plausibly, were ancestors of the people whom they once again kicked out several thousand years later, last century.
attofishpi

Post by attofishpi »

Harry Baird wrote: Tue Nov 29, 2022 8:04 am @attofishpi, your response puzzles me. A while back, in this thread, you endorsed my analysis of the situation in which indigenous Australians find themselves. I'm not sure why you don't see a parallel here with the situations in which native Americans and Palestinians find themselves.
I don't compare apples to oranges.

Harry Baird wrote: Tue Nov 29, 2022 8:04 amI don't think your claim of seeds's "hypocrisy" holds,
Yes it does. 8)

Harry Baird wrote:..because even according to the Book by which they justify their right
Irrelevant as it has nothing to do with a book.

Harry Baird wrote:..to Palestinian land,
Fine. A nation of Palestine for Palestinians should be recognised and stupid box head wearing Jews should fuck off from encroaching on their territory.

Harry Baird wrote:..the Jewish people in the first place invaded that land and kicked out its original occupants,
Nah, I'm pretty certain Jews have a right to most of the land of Israel, and Palestinians have a right to most of the land that SHOULD be Palestine.
vegetariantaxidermy

Post by vegetariantaxidermy »

Harry Baird wrote: Tue Nov 29, 2022 8:04 am @seeds, thanks for your post in which you endorsed my sentiments. Based on that post, I think we very much see eye to eye.

@attofishpi, your response puzzles me. A while back, in this thread, you endorsed my analysis of the situation in which indigenous Australians find themselves. I'm not sure why you don't see a parallel here with the situations in which native Americans and Palestinians find themselves.

I don't think your claim of seeds's "hypocrisy" holds, because even according to the Book by which they justify their right to Palestinian land, the Jewish people in the first place invaded that land and kicked out its original occupants, who, plausibly, were ancestors of the people whom they once again kicked out several thousand years later, last century.
Why are wokies always anti Israel? You have a very poor grasp of history. That doesn't even resemble what actually happened. You must have been too 'busy' with gender and ethnic studies to learn about actual history. And I'm not here to educate you. Do it yourself. It's not hard to find.
Harry Baird

Post by Harry Baird »

attofishpi wrote: Tue Nov 29, 2022 8:44 am Nah, I'm pretty certain Jews have a right to most of the land of Israel
On what basis?
Harry Baird

Post by Harry Baird »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Tue Nov 29, 2022 8:57 am I'm not here to educate you.
And I'm not seeking education from you. If you choose not to substantiate your claims, then the neglect and repercussions of that are on you. It's not an issue for me.
attofishpi

Post by attofishpi »

Harry Baird wrote: Tue Nov 29, 2022 9:41 am
attofishpi wrote: Tue Nov 29, 2022 8:44 am Nah, I'm pretty certain Jews have a right to most of the land of Israel
On what basis?
On the basis that they are kunts that want to live somewhere. Also, there was a Balfour agreement thing too, that said they could have a place called Israel. (don't forget that the British are the true custodians of planet Earth as per God dictate).