Christianity

For all things philosophical.

Moderators: AMod, iMod

seeds

Re: Christianity

Post by seeds »

Harry Baird wrote: Sun Nov 27, 2022 8:47 am ...Christ would absolutely condemn the land theft perpetrated by so-called Christians. Christ was, in these terms, a progressive, and, taking the Christian critique to the limit, Christ would absolutely condemn the basis on which the USA (and so many other colonies) was founded.
Harry, that is just one of many excellent points you made to Alexis Jacobi.

Not only did the European colonists decimate the native Americans and steal their ancestral lands, but our thoughtless and exceedingly cruel forefathers jump-started the early American economy via the soul-crushing work, brutally forced on the backs of humans who were kidnapped from the African continent.

Just imagine how different things would be right now if our ("Christian") ancestors had offered friendship and a helping hand to the African natives, instead of turning them into slaves, which has stigmatized and hampered the advancement of black folk to this very day.

Furthermore, the same lack of remorse for what our ancestors did to the native population of North America is still a part of America's M.O., for it is clearly evident in America's support, both monetarily and militarily, of the Jewish people's claim of having every right to evict Palestinians from the lands they've lived on for centuries, just because the Jews occupied those lands thousands of years ago.

I mean, how do you suppose the present population of America would respond if the varying tribes of North American Indians banded together, and, with the help of some super powerful military force, demanded that we all leave our homes and sources of income and relocate to some God-forsaken land in Canada or the American Southwest,...

...all because the "Great Spirit" in their ancient mythology told the Indians that the land belonged to them?

Clearly, it would be a fight-to-the-death situation.

Yet, we have Christian and Jewish fools who wonder why the Palestinians are so upset, when they should just roll-over and accept their fate, because, according to ancient Jewish "lore," the land belongs to the Jews.

It is that sort of unconscionable support of modern-day land theft that is not only going to perpetuate the hatred of the West and global terrorism, but is going to lead us into nuclear war.
_______
Dubious

Post by Dubious »

Immanuel Can wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 2:29 pm
Dubious wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 6:09 am
Immanuel Can wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 5:17 am
No, what "eternal recurrence" is, is actually one of Nietzsche's more transparent mistakes.
Eternal Recurrence was simply an idea,
A fallacious one, yes. And obviously so.

QED.
I don't know the last time you said anything that's obvious, except what others obviously say about you.
seeds

Post by seeds »

tillingborn wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 3:07 pm
Immanuel Can wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 2:26 pmI pointed out a particular action..."misreading."
No you didn't; as you have admitted, you said:
Immanuel Can wrote: Sun Nov 27, 2022 5:07 amYou pretend to misread, I see...
You can pretend that you didn't say pretend, but there it is. Not only did you claim I pretend to misread, you went further and accused me of
Immanuel Can wrote: Sun Nov 27, 2022 2:10 pma deliberate misinterpretation.
It is quite possibly insane projection for you to claim that I misread,...
There is no "quite possibly" about it, tillingborn, for Mr. Con is the reigning queen of projection.

I was going to say the reigning "master" of projection, but there is absolutely nothing masterful about his method, in that his dishonesty is obvious to anyone with at least two working brain cells.

I mean, the fact that he accuses you of deliberately misinterpreting something is the epitome of projection.

Oh, and by the way, he's a Christian in the same way that Trump is a Christian...

I guess what I am getting at is don't let that deceitful hypocrite get under your skin, for the vast majority of us on this forum have been aware of his game for many years now.
_______
attofishpi

Post by attofishpi »

seeds wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 9:34 pm
Harry Baird wrote: Sun Nov 27, 2022 8:47 am ...Christ would absolutely condemn the land theft perpetrated by so-called Christians. Christ was, in these terms, a progressive, and, taking the Christian critique to the limit, Christ would absolutely condemn the basis on which the USA (and so many other colonies) was founded.
Harry, that is just one of many excellent points you made to Alexis Jacobi.
No it's not, it is bollocks. Christ came NOT for peace, but as a sword. USA was destined to be colonised and formed.

seeds wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 9:34 pmNot only did the European colonists decimate the native Americans and steal their ancestral lands..
What would you have expected, that "native" "Americans" would have welcomed newcomers to settle with them, and sing songs!

It is the nature of MAN the world over - to conquer the weaker for resources - the "native" "Americans" were often at war with each other.

seeds wrote:Furthermore, the same lack of remorse for what our ancestors did to the native population of North America is still a part of America's M.O., for it is clearly evident in America's support, both monetarily and militarily, of the Jewish people's claim of having every right to evict Palestinians from the lands they've lived on for centuries, just because the Jews occupied those lands thousands of years ago.
..and you don't see your hypocrisy.
Dubious

Post by Dubious »

Gary Childress wrote: Sun Nov 27, 2022 11:21 pm
So when is God going to fix this shit show?
If there were a god, if he hasn't fixed it by now, then obviously he never will...a perennial absentee landlord who can't stand looking at the upshot of what he created, and if there is no god (most likely) it's up to those who caused it to also fix it...which may be god's view as well if there were such!

Is it god's shit show or is it our shit show; not least, when did it all start to happen, what caused it, since god would have been around long before this shit show ever got started!
Gary Childress

Post by Gary Childress »

Dubious wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 11:29 pm
Gary Childress wrote: Sun Nov 27, 2022 11:21 pm
So when is God going to fix this shit show?
If there were a god, if he hasn't fixed it by now, then obviously he never will...a perennial absentee landlord who can't stand looking at the upshot of what he created, and if there is no god (most likely) it's up to those who caused it to also fix it...which may be god's view as well if there were such!

Is it god's shit show or is it our shit show; not least, when did it all start to happen, what caused it, since god would have been around long before this shit show ever got started!
Valid points.
Alexis Jacobi

Post by Alexis Jacobi »

seeds wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 9:34 pm
Hoo-boy. Things are gonna get hot around here . . .
Alexis Jacobi

Post by Alexis Jacobi »

seeds wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 9:34 pm I mean, how do you suppose the present population of America would respond if the varying tribes of North American Indians banded together, and, with the help of some super powerful military force, demanded that we all leave our homes and sources of income and relocate to some God-forsaken land in Canada or the American Southwest,...
Manhattan back to the Lenape! At least, at the very least, a substantial suite in Trump Tower…

Actually, thinking this through, it invites the idea of a super-advanced space-tribe (looking like Elves from the Lord of the Rings movies) arriving and setting demands of righteousness upon the errant peoples of the Earth. If their Chief looked much like Jesus (and eerily glowed) so much the better.
Dubious

Post by Dubious »

The invasion of so-called indigenous lands existed for many thousands of years prior to any history being recorded. We only know or speculate based on chronicled events which are minute in comparison to what preceded it. The savagery of such events was only made obvious in its long catalog of atrocities. It's a fundamental characteristic of humans to invade wherever they find or perceive an advantage with little or no concern to the sufferings imposed upon those whose lands have been invaded. Such collisions have been a persistent theme commencing in prehistorical times when overt necessity much later became a habit.
Alexis Jacobi

Post by Alexis Jacobi »

Hoping to make some kind of peace with Harry I here solemnly present my basic South African ideology in images …

Forgive me Space Elf for I don’t always take things as seriously as I should …

[::: bows head in shame :::]
vegetariantaxidermy

Post by vegetariantaxidermy »

seeds wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 10:18 pm
tillingborn wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 3:07 pm
Immanuel Can wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 2:26 pmI pointed out a particular action..."misreading."
No you didn't; as you have admitted, you said:
Immanuel Can wrote: Sun Nov 27, 2022 5:07 amYou pretend to misread, I see...
You can pretend that you didn't say pretend, but there it is. Not only did you claim I pretend to misread, you went further and accused me of
Immanuel Can wrote: Sun Nov 27, 2022 2:10 pma deliberate misinterpretation.
It is quite possibly insane projection for you to claim that I misread,...
There is no "quite possibly" about it, tillingborn, for Mr. Con is the reigning queen of projection.

I was going to say the reigning "master" of projection, but there is absolutely nothing masterful about his method, in that his dishonesty is obvious to anyone with at least two working brain cells.

I mean, the fact that he accuses you of deliberately misinterpreting something is the epitome of projection.

Oh, and by the way, he's a Christian in the same way that Trump is a Christian...

I guess what I am getting at is don't let that deceitful hypocrite get under your skin, for the vast majority of us on this forum have been aware of his game for many years now.
_______
Post of the week award :D
Alexis Jacobi

Post by Alexis Jacobi »

Recently, I admit, I’ve begun to have some doubts about Donald Trump. Hmmmmm.

(To fully understand that hmmmmm you must think of it like the hmmmmms of Takashi Shimura in The Seven Samurai).
Immanuel Can

Post by Immanuel Can »

popeye1945 wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 9:07 pm
iambiguous wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 8:55 pm Note to the Christian God:

Give us a sign.

Something -- anything -- to settle this once and for all.

Let's give Him a week.
I've got a better idea.

Give Him exactly 27 days, then pose the question again.

It will already be answered.
Dubious

Post by Dubious »

Harry Baird wrote: Sun Nov 27, 2022 8:47 am Christ would absolutely condemn the land theft perpetrated by so-called Christians. Christ was, in these terms, a progressive, and, taking the Christian critique to the limit, Christ would absolutely condemn the basis on which the USA (and so many other colonies) was founded.
We cannot know that. Jesus was hardly a "progressive" who had almost no regard for Gentiles. He worked almost exclusively within his own group; anything external was of little concern to him. One thing he would vehemently have objected to was his forced centrality in how Christianity developed, which made Jews, his own people, the victims for most of its history...one of the most egregious ironies ever told!
iambiguous

Post by iambiguous »

Immanuel Can wrote: Tue Nov 29, 2022 1:27 am
popeye1945 wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 9:07 pm
iambiguous wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 8:55 pm Note to the Christian God:

Give us a sign.

Something -- anything -- to settle this once and for all.

Let's give Him a week.
I've got a better idea.

Give Him exactly 27 days, then pose the question again.

It will already be answered.
Right. Christmas. Millions of Christians around the globe will celebrate the birth of Christ. Including the Pope residing in the Vatican. Well, if anyone can actually prove that.

And that definitely proves the Christian God resides in Heaven.

In the interim, all the rest of us will be looking for more, uh, substantial signs from Him over the next 7 days.

For example, tomorrow morning we all awake to the incredible news that not a single child starved to death anywhere in the entire world!

That's a sign that would certainly startle me.