What I Don't Believe

For all things philosophical.

Moderators: AMod, iMod

RCSaunders

Re: What I Don't Believe

Post by RCSaunders »

Age wrote: Sun Aug 29, 2021 1:16 am Now what would you do if you were me?
I'd kill myself.

Post by Age »

RCSaunders wrote: Sun Aug 29, 2021 12:09 pm
I'd kill myself.
Okay.

Post by Age »

I'd kill myself.
What find very humoros to observe is when people say things like: I have no intention of answering personal questions., but then, hypocritically, do the EXACT OPPOSITE.
RCSaunders

Post by RCSaunders »

Veritas Aequitas wrote: Sun Aug 29, 2021 8:25 am
RCSaunders wrote: Tue Jun 15, 2021 7:06 pm What I Don't Believe

The following lists most of the more important views I regard as wrong and do not hold:[/b]:

[.....]
Whatever you insisted is 'wrong' is only 'wrong' relative to your screwed-up ignorant views.
If you keep your views to yourself, that is no issue, but the fact that you make it public is a concern as it may influence others to their detriments.

The point is certain views may be viewed as wrong or not-true relative to some framework and system of knowledge but they can be or the only recourse for the majority to extract the necessary utilities to keep them alive optimally.

For example, the claims of theism cannot be real nor true relative say to science, but theism has great utilities to the majority is a state where they must be theists to facilitate their well being in their present state.
Point is theism has its pros and cons and a considerate human being will weigh the pros and cons according and recommend the course of right and corrective actions as necessary.

I am a reasonable expert in Eastern Philosophy and is aware it is as, even more sophisticated than Western Philosophy and had contributed greatly to the progress of humanity in the Eastern World and now influencing the Western World as well.
It has its cons which need to be filtered so that we can keep the pros that are optimal to the current and future conditions.

Note this tool from Buddhism, how can it be wrong or bad?
Buddhism's 4NT-8FP is a Life Problem Solving Technique.
viewtopic.php?f=11&t=25193

Buddhism promotes the Middle-Way which implied for all those 'ism' you rejected as wrong, you [and everyone] must be rational and pragmatic to extract whatever is good and reject that which is potentially evil.

You need to expand your vista of knowledge and learn how to weigh the pros and cons of each field of knowledge.
If you are totally satisfied with your life, and have no desire to change the world or others and are thoroughly enjoying your life of learning, experience, and achievement and have no desire toward others but a benevolent desire for them to enjoy their lives as you do yours, I'm happy for you. That's the kind of life I enjoy, a dangerous exhilarating adventure of discovery and achievement, sharing my joy with those I love, thoroughly fulfilled and without a single regret.

If that's the kind of life you are enjoying and it's what you think and believe that makes it possible, I'm happy for you. That's the kind of life I'm enjoying and its what I think and believe that make it possible. Why would you want to change it?

Why do you want others to be a miserable as you are?
RCSaunders

Post by RCSaunders »

Age wrote: Sun Aug 29, 2021 12:31 pm
I'd kill myself.
What find very humoros to observe is when people say things like: I have no intention of answering personal questions., but then, hypocritically, do the EXACT OPPOSITE.
You failed to differentiate between a hypothetical question and a personal one? But if your error entertains you, giggle away!

Post by Age »

RCSaunders wrote: Sun Aug 29, 2021 12:46 pm
Age wrote: Sun Aug 29, 2021 12:31 pm
I'd kill myself.
You failed to differentiate between a hypothetical question and a personal one? But if your error entertains you, giggle away!
Still clarifying questions.
simplicity

Post by simplicity »

RCSaunders wrote: Tue Jun 15, 2021 7:06 pm What I Don't Believe
Perhaps you are beginning to discover that the human intellect is severely lacking? It's not that you don't believe, it's that you can't believe.

Knowledge works within the duality so you have to accept both sides [acknowledge coexistence], then pick and choose what strikes your fancy.

Believing is simply participating in the world.
RCSaunders

Post by RCSaunders »

simplicity wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 4:13 pm Knowledge works within the duality ...
What, "duality?" There is only one existence, one, "everything," one reality. That reality consists of innumerable entities.

Do you just make this stuff up?
simplicity

Post by simplicity »

RCSaunders wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 5:59 pm
simplicity wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 4:13 pm Knowledge works within the duality ...
What, "duality?" There is only one existence, one, "everything," one reality. That reality consists of innumerable entities.
Duality, the idea that all things exist in pairs.

There are many existences. For example, let's say you are ten feet away from your best friend and ten thousand light years away from a star you notice right above your friend's head in the great outdoors. If there is only one existence, then how it is possible that you can be seeing your friend [in the near-present] at the same time you can see light emanating from the star so far in the past?

Your science is not going to help you with the great questions of existence [life and death] and really, not much else, as well].
RCSaunders

Post by RCSaunders »

simplicity wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 9:05 pm Your science is not going to help you with the great questions of existence [life and death] and really, not much else, as well].
Who's talking about science?

The fact that there is only one real existence is an ontological fact, not a scientific one. Science only studies those aspects of existence which are directly perceived, that is, seen, hear, felt, smelled, and tasted.

Ontology is a branch of philosophy, not science.

When did life and death become part of the discussion? You seem to have trouble following a thread of thought.
simplicity

Post by simplicity »

RCSaunders wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 9:44 pm
The fact that there is only one real existence is an ontological fact, not a scientific one.
An ontological fact? This is your system of thought.
RCSaunders wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 9:44 pm Science only studies those aspects of existence which are directly perceived, that is, seen, hear, felt, smelled, and tasted.
Wouldn't that be nice. If you took all the bullshit out of science, you wouldn't have much of anything left.
RCSaunders wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 9:44 pm When did life and death become part of the discussion? You seem to have trouble following a thread of thought.
Life and death are at the heart of every discussion.

Is there anything more precious to human beings than life; anything more terrifying than death?
RCSaunders

Post by RCSaunders »

simplicity wrote: Sun Sep 12, 2021 5:33 pm Is there anything more precious to human beings than life; anything more terrifying than death?
There is nothing special about life, itself. There is no virtue in the perpetuation of protoplasm. Life is not an end in itself, it is the means to being all one can be as a human being, learning, working, producing, and achieving all own can, a life of endless adventure, discovery, and enjoyment, without regret and totally fulfilled.

Most people confuse a fear of death for a love of life, knowing their lives have been a waste, that they have never ever achieved very much, never learned very much, never faced and overcome any real challenges, merely existing, filling their lives with vacuous pastimes and shallow pleasures wondering why their lives seem so pointless and meaningless. It is no wonder death terrifies them.

Those who understand that saving life is wasting it, that life is meant to be spent and enjoyed, have no fear of death. Their whole life is lived in pursuit of joy and accomplishment, not in evasion of pain and fear. Death holds no terror for those who know what life is.
simplicity

Post by simplicity »

RCSaunders wrote: Sun Sep 12, 2021 6:24 pm There is nothing special about life, itself...Death holds no terror for those who know what life is.
To suggest that there is nothing special about life is to be in tremendous denial of the miracle of life itself.

Perhaps you will feel differently when you begin the process of morphing into a new form.
RCSaunders

Post by RCSaunders »

simplicity wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 12:56 am
RCSaunders wrote: Sun Sep 12, 2021 6:24 pm There is nothing special about life, itself...Death holds no terror for those who know what life is.
To suggest that there is nothing special about life is to be in tremendous denial of the miracle of life itself.

Perhaps you will feel differently when you begin the process of morphing into a new form.
You must have learned your philosophy from Franz Kafka or Dostoevsky.

I take that back, your philosophy would be an insult to them.
simplicity

Post by simplicity »

RCSaunders wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 1:43 am
You must have learned your philosophy from Franz Kafka or Dostoevsky.

Why is that?

I take that back, your philosophy would be an insult to them.
[/quote]

Why do you feel the need to put other people down? If you were secure in your own beliefs, you would want to do the exact opposite.