What I Don't Believe

For all things philosophical.

Moderators: AMod, iMod

RCSaunders

Re: What I Don't Believe

Post by RCSaunders »

simplicity wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 2:19 am
RCSaunders wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 1:43 am
You must have learned your philosophy from Franz Kafka or Dostoevsky.
Why is that?
Metamorphosis. They both wrote about it.
RCSaunders wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 1:43 am I take that back, your philosophy would be an insult to them.
simplicity wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 2:19 am Why do you feel the need to put other people down? If you were secure in your own beliefs, you would want to do the exact opposite.
I was only alluding to the fact they were pointing out the absurdity of human metamorphosis and you take it seriously.

I am trying to help. Apparently it's fulile.
simplicity

Re: What I Don't Believe

Post by simplicity »

RCSaunders wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 11:50 am
simplicity wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 2:19 am Why do you feel the need to put other people down? If you were secure in your own beliefs, you would want to do the exact opposite.
RCSaunders wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 11:50 amI am trying to help. Apparently it's futile.
It doesn't come across that way.

Look, you seem like a pretty intelligent guy and have some interesting things to say, but there is no need for you to "help" me. If you don't agree with what I am saying, then engage me. Putting me down makes you seem weak. After all, you know practically nothing about me.

I know that some of what I write seems confusing because I jump back and forth between intellectual and non-intellectual subject-matter, but keep it friendly and I believe we can have some really interesting conversations.

I haven't read any philosophy in decades, so what I write is how I feel. I would characterize myself as being a philosophical anarchist as well as being a very serious Zen student for the past 3+ decades. Perhaps this might help you understand my perspectives better.