What I Don't Believe

For all things philosophical.

Moderators: AMod, iMod

User avatar
RCSaunders
Posts: 3496
Joined: Tue Jul 17, 2018 9:42 pm
Contact:

What I Don't Believe

Post by RCSaunders »

What I Don't Believe

The following lists most of the more important views I regard as wrong and do not hold:

Every ideology (-ism) is always wrong.

..,Atheism is wrong.
...Theism is wrong.
...Atruism is wrong.
...Socialism is wrong.
...All collectivism is wrong.
... All political ideologies are wrong.

......All political parties are wrong.
......Libertarianism is wrong.
......Objectivism is wrong.
......Anarchism is wrong.
......All government is wrong.
......All man-made laws are wrong.
......There is no such thing as rights.
......There is no such thing as morality.

No philosopher in history was right. (A very small number got some things right, but are mostly forgotten or marginalized today.)

Academia is anti-knowledge.
All so-called philosophies are ideologies and wrong.
All so-called Eastern philosophy is irredeemable nonsense.
All religion is nonsense.
All mysticism is nonsense.
All skepticism (and sophism) is wrong.
There is certain knowledge.
All real science is valid.

...Fundamental physics is real science.
...Fundamental chemistry is real science.
...Most of biology (and medicine) is real science.
...Real science is the basis of all successful technology.

Most so-called science today is not science, but pseudo-science.

...Psychology is not science.
...Sociology is not science.
...Ecology (and environmentalism) are not science.
...Anthropology is not science.
...Cosmology is not science.
...Evolution is not science.

The only purpose of this list is to save some time for those who assume things in our discussions about my views and address those views as arguments when they are not my views at all. Very often someone will explain what is wrong with some point I am making with, "Well, that's because your are an Atheist," or, "that's just your Libertarian view," (neither of which I am). Even worse are those who use as arguments something some supposed philosopher or pseudo-scientific authoriy said, when I regard those authorities as wrong.

I have no interest in convincing anyone else to adopt my views (or any views). One should never accept any view as correct if their own best reason from the best evidence available to them does not convince them it is true. It is better to remain ignorant than to fill a gap in one's knowledge with what is not true.

Someone is sure to notice, with the exception of science, the list is entirely negative, because the intention is only to save others the trouble of assuming I hold views that I do not. This should not be construed to assume I have no positive views. The truth is, all of those views I do not hold are because I am so certain of the things I do know, I cannot possibly accept all these lies that contradict what I know.

It may also be observed that most of what I have listed are what most of the world believes. For those who are really interested, I've addressed elsewhere why most of what most people believe is not true:

Why Do Most People Believe What Is Not True?

Deceitful Trinity—Religion, Philosophy, and Pseudo-science

If anyone is interested in what I do know and what my own views are they are certainly no mystery and I have explained them all many many times, even here on the Philosophy Now forum:

Philosophy, If You Want It

Ultimate Reality

Ontology Introduction


The Nature of Life


The Nature of Consciousness

Perception

The Nature of the Mind

Not Everything Is Physical


The Physical, Life, Consciousness, and The Human Mind—A Preface


An Analogy, From Physical To Mind

Science Philosophy

Epistemology, Concepts

Epistemology, Propositions

Silly Religion

Religion and Absolute Moral Values—The Ten Commandments, For Example

Independence—Better Than Morality

Why Be Moral?

VALUES

The Moral Nature

There Are No Miracles

Certain Knowledge

Only Individuals

Are You Enjoying Your Life?

The First Question Of Ethics

The Second Question of Ethics

What does, "moral," mean?

Controllers, Meddlers and Individualists

Only Individuals Matter

To see all my views and writing visit the Free Individual.
Last edited by RCSaunders on Mon Sep 13, 2021 6:20 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Eodnhoj7
Posts: 7363
Joined: Mon Mar 13, 2017 3:18 am

Re: What I Don't Believe

Post by Eodnhoj7 »

RCSaunders wrote: Tue Jun 15, 2021 7:06 pm What I Don't Believe

The following lists most of the more important views which I do not hold:

Every ideology (-ism) is always wrong.

..,Atheism is wrong.
...Theism is wrong.
...Atruism is wrong.
...Socialism is wrong.
...All collectivism is wrong.
... All political ideologies are wrong.

......All political parties are wrong.
......Libertarianism is wrong.
......Objectivism is wrong.
......Anarchism is wrong.
......All government is wrong.
......All man-made laws are wrong.
......There is no such thing as rights.
......There is no such thing as morality.

No philosopher in history was right. (A very small number got some things right, but are mostly forgotten or margenalized today.)

Academia is anti-knowledge.
All so-called philosophies are ideologies and wrong.
All so-called Eastern philosophy is irredeemable nonsense.
All religion is nonsense.
All mysticism is nonsense.
All skepticism (and sophism) is wrong.
There is certain knowledge.
All real science is valid.

...Fundamental physics is real science.
...Fundamental chemistry is real sceince.
...Most of biology (and medicine) is real science.
...Real science is the basis of all successful tehcnology.

Most so-called science today is not science, but pseudo-science.

...Psychology is not science.
...Sociology is not science.
...Ecology (and environmentalism) are not science.
...Anthropology is not science.
...Cosmology is not science.
...Evolution is not science.

The only purpose of this list is to save some time for those who assume things in our discussions about my views and address those views as arguments when they are not my views at all. Very often someone will explain what is wrong with some point I am making with, "Well, that's because your are an Atheist," or, "that's just your Libertarian view," (neither of which I am). Even worse are those who use as arguments something some supposed philosopher or psaudo-scientific authoriy said, when I regard those authorities as wrong.

I have no interest in convincing anyone else to adopt my views (or any views). One should never accept any view as correct if their own best reason from the best evidence available to them does not convince them it is true. It is better to remain ignorant than to fill a gap in one's knowledge with what is not true.

Someone is sure to notice, with the exception of science, the list is entirely negative, because the intention is only to save others the trouble of assuming I hold views that I do not. This should not be construed to assume I have no positive views. The truth is, all of those views I do not hold are because I am so certain of the things I do know, I cannot possibly accept all these lies that contradict what I know.

It may also be observed that most of what I have listed are what most of the world believes. For those who are really interested, I've addressed elsewhere why most of what most people believe is not true:

Why Do Most People Believe What Is Not True?

Deceitful Trinity—Religion, Philosophy, and Pseudo-science

If anyone is interested in what I do know and what my own views are they are certainly no mystery and I have explained them all many many times, even here on the <i>Philosophy Now</i> forum:<p>

Philosophy, If You Want It

Ultimate Reality

Ontology Introduction


The Nature of Life


The Nature of Consciousness

Perception

The Nature of the Mind

Not Everything Is Physical


The Physical, Life, Consciousness, and The Human Mind—A Preface


An Analogy, From Physical To Mind

Science Philosophy

Epistemology, Concepts

Epistemology, Propositions

Silly Religion

Religion and Absolute Moral Values—The Ten Commandments, For Example

Independence—Better Than Morality

Why Be Moral?

VALUES

The Moral Nature

There Are No Miracles

Certain Knowledge

Only Individuals

Are You Enjoying Your Life?

The First Question Of Ethics

The Second Question of Ethics

What does, "moral," mean?

Controllers, Meddlers and Individualists

Only Individuals Matter

To see all my views and writing visit the Free Individual.
So if I read this right your stance on truth is grounded in the development and application of technology to manipulate the physical world as the physical world is the primary aspect of all existence? This manipulation is the further grounding of individual freedom?

For someone who claims that he is not trying to convince others of what to believe alot of time was spent on arguments intended to convince others of what to believe.
Last edited by Eodnhoj7 on Tue Jun 15, 2021 7:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
RCSaunders
Posts: 3496
Joined: Tue Jul 17, 2018 9:42 pm
Contact:

Re: What I Don't Believe

Post by RCSaunders »

Eodnhoj7 wrote: Tue Jun 15, 2021 7:14 pm
RCSaunders wrote: Tue Jun 15, 2021 7:06 pm What I Don't Believe

The following lists most of the more important views which I do not hold:

Every ideology (-ism) is always wrong.

..,Atheism is wrong.
...Theism is wrong.
...Atruism is wrong.
...Socialism is wrong.
...All collectivism is wrong.
... All political ideologies are wrong.

......All political parties are wrong.
......Libertarianism is wrong.
......Objectivism is wrong.
......Anarchism is wrong.
......All government is wrong.
......All man-made laws are wrong.
......There is no such thing as rights.
......There is no such thing as morality.

No philosopher in history was right. (A very small number got some things right, but are mostly forgotten or margenalized today.)

Academia is anti-knowledge.
All so-called philosophies are ideologies and wrong.
All so-called Eastern philosophy is irredeemable nonsense.
All religion is nonsense.
All mysticism is nonsense.
All skepticism (and sophism) is wrong.
There is certain knowledge.
All real science is valid.

...Fundamental physics is real science.
...Fundamental chemistry is real sceince.
...Most of biology (and medicine) is real science.
...Real science is the basis of all successful tehcnology.

Most so-called science today is not science, but pseudo-science.

...Psychology is not science.
...Sociology is not science.
...Ecology (and environmentalism) are not science.
...Anthropology is not science.
...Cosmology is not science.
...Evolution is not science.

The only purpose of this list is to save some time for those who assume things in our discussions about my views and address those views as arguments when they are not my views at all. Very often someone will explain what is wrong with some point I am making with, "Well, that's because your are an Atheist," or, "that's just your Libertarian view," (neither of which I am). Even worse are those who use as arguments something some supposed philosopher or psaudo-scientific authoriy said, when I regard those authorities as wrong.

I have no interest in convincing anyone else to adopt my views (or any views). One should never accept any view as correct if their own best reason from the best evidence available to them does not convince them it is true. It is better to remain ignorant than to fill a gap in one's knowledge with what is not true.

Someone is sure to notice, with the exception of science, the list is entirely negative, because the intention is only to save others the trouble of assuming I hold views that I do not. This should not be construed to assume I have no positive views. The truth is, all of those views I do not hold are because I am so certain of the things I do know, I cannot possibly accept all these lies that contradict what I know.

It may also be observed that most of what I have listed are what most of the world believes. For those who are really interested, I've addressed elsewhere why most of what most people believe is not true:

Why Do Most People Believe What Is Not True?

Deceitful Trinity—Religion, Philosophy, and Pseudo-science

If anyone is interested in what I do know and what my own views are they are certainly no mystery and I have explained them all many many times, even here on the <i>Philosophy Now</i> forum:<p>

Philosophy, If You Want It

Ultimate Reality

Ontology Introduction


The Nature of Life


The Nature of Consciousness

Perception

The Nature of the Mind

Not Everything Is Physical


The Physical, Life, Consciousness, and The Human Mind—A Preface


An Analogy, From Physical To Mind

Science Philosophy

Epistemology, Concepts

Epistemology, Propositions

Silly Religion

Religion and Absolute Moral Values—The Ten Commandments, For Example

Independence—Better Than Morality

Why Be Moral?

VALUES

The Moral Nature

There Are No Miracles

Certain Knowledge

Only Individuals

Are You Enjoying Your Life?

The First Question Of Ethics

The Second Question of Ethics

What does, "moral," mean?

Controllers, Meddlers and Individualists

Only Individuals Matter

To see all my views and writing visit the Free Individual.
So if I read this right your stance on truth is grounded in the development and application of technology to manipulate the physical world as the physical world is the primary aspect of all existence?
You did not read it right. I'm not any kind of, "ist." I'm not a physicalist. This list is only of what I do not agree with.
Eodnhoj7
Posts: 7363
Joined: Mon Mar 13, 2017 3:18 am

Re: What I Don't Believe

Post by Eodnhoj7 »

RCSaunders wrote: Tue Jun 15, 2021 7:17 pm
Eodnhoj7 wrote: Tue Jun 15, 2021 7:14 pm
RCSaunders wrote: Tue Jun 15, 2021 7:06 pm What I Don't Believe

The following lists most of the more important views which I do not hold:

Every ideology (-ism) is always wrong.

..,Atheism is wrong.
...Theism is wrong.
...Atruism is wrong.
...Socialism is wrong.
...All collectivism is wrong.
... All political ideologies are wrong.

......All political parties are wrong.
......Libertarianism is wrong.
......Objectivism is wrong.
......Anarchism is wrong.
......All government is wrong.
......All man-made laws are wrong.
......There is no such thing as rights.
......There is no such thing as morality.

No philosopher in history was right. (A very small number got some things right, but are mostly forgotten or margenalized today.)

Academia is anti-knowledge.
All so-called philosophies are ideologies and wrong.
All so-called Eastern philosophy is irredeemable nonsense.
All religion is nonsense.
All mysticism is nonsense.
All skepticism (and sophism) is wrong.
There is certain knowledge.
All real science is valid.

...Fundamental physics is real science.
...Fundamental chemistry is real sceince.
...Most of biology (and medicine) is real science.
...Real science is the basis of all successful tehcnology.

Most so-called science today is not science, but pseudo-science.

...Psychology is not science.
...Sociology is not science.
...Ecology (and environmentalism) are not science.
...Anthropology is not science.
...Cosmology is not science.
...Evolution is not science.

The only purpose of this list is to save some time for those who assume things in our discussions about my views and address those views as arguments when they are not my views at all. Very often someone will explain what is wrong with some point I am making with, "Well, that's because your are an Atheist," or, "that's just your Libertarian view," (neither of which I am). Even worse are those who use as arguments something some supposed philosopher or psaudo-scientific authoriy said, when I regard those authorities as wrong.

I have no interest in convincing anyone else to adopt my views (or any views). One should never accept any view as correct if their own best reason from the best evidence available to them does not convince them it is true. It is better to remain ignorant than to fill a gap in one's knowledge with what is not true.

Someone is sure to notice, with the exception of science, the list is entirely negative, because the intention is only to save others the trouble of assuming I hold views that I do not. This should not be construed to assume I have no positive views. The truth is, all of those views I do not hold are because I am so certain of the things I do know, I cannot possibly accept all these lies that contradict what I know.

It may also be observed that most of what I have listed are what most of the world believes. For those who are really interested, I've addressed elsewhere why most of what most people believe is not true:

Why Do Most People Believe What Is Not True?

Deceitful Trinity—Religion, Philosophy, and Pseudo-science

If anyone is interested in what I do know and what my own views are they are certainly no mystery and I have explained them all many many times, even here on the <i>Philosophy Now</i> forum:<p>

Philosophy, If You Want It

Ultimate Reality

Ontology Introduction


The Nature of Life


The Nature of Consciousness

Perception

The Nature of the Mind

Not Everything Is Physical


The Physical, Life, Consciousness, and The Human Mind—A Preface


An Analogy, From Physical To Mind

Science Philosophy

Epistemology, Concepts

Epistemology, Propositions

Silly Religion

Religion and Absolute Moral Values—The Ten Commandments, For Example

Independence—Better Than Morality

Why Be Moral?

VALUES

The Moral Nature

There Are No Miracles

Certain Knowledge

Only Individuals

Are You Enjoying Your Life?

The First Question Of Ethics

The Second Question of Ethics

What does, "moral," mean?

Controllers, Meddlers and Individualists

Only Individuals Matter

To see all my views and writing visit the Free Individual.
So if I read this right your stance on truth is grounded in the development and application of technology to manipulate the physical world as the physical world is the primary aspect of all existence?
You did not read it right. I'm not any kind of, "ist." I'm not a physicalist. This list is only of what I do not agree with.
But your promotion of the sciences, or what you claim are real sciences, primarily study the physical. If this is what we primarily derive knowledge from, given according to you they are real knowledge, then the only certainty we can acquire is from that which is physical.

Dually this is not what most of the world believes as most of the world believes in some aspect of theism, ie a God or gods exist. Third the majority of the world identifies with one or more of the above catgories.

Your beliefs are a hyper word salad of what seems to be self promotion and prosetylization.
User avatar
RCSaunders
Posts: 3496
Joined: Tue Jul 17, 2018 9:42 pm
Contact:

Re: What I Don't Believe

Post by RCSaunders »

Eodnhoj7 wrote: Tue Jun 15, 2021 7:18 pm
RCSaunders wrote: Tue Jun 15, 2021 7:17 pm
Eodnhoj7 wrote: Tue Jun 15, 2021 7:14 pm

So if I read this right your stance on truth is grounded in the development and application of technology to manipulate the physical world as the physical world is the primary aspect of all existence?
You did not read it right. I'm not any kind of, "ist." I'm not a physicalist. This list is only of what I do not agree with.
But your promotion of the sciences, or what you claim are real sciences, primarily study the physical. If this is what we primarily derive knowledge from, given according to you they are real knowledge, then the only certainty we can acquire is from that which is physical.

Dually this is not what most of the world believes as most of the world believes in some aspect of theism, ie a God or gods exist. Third the majority of the world identifies with one or more of the above catgories.

Your beliefs are a hyper word salad of what seems to be self promotion and prosetylization.
Well, don't worry about it. If it annoys you, just ignore it. You seem to have missed this paragraph:
I have no interest in convincing anyone else to adopt my views (or any views). One should never accept any view as correct if their own best reason from the best evidence available to them does not convince them it is true. It is better to remain ignorant than to fill a gap in one's knowledge with what is not true.
Eodnhoj7
Posts: 7363
Joined: Mon Mar 13, 2017 3:18 am

Re: What I Don't Believe

Post by Eodnhoj7 »

RCSaunders wrote: Tue Jun 15, 2021 9:07 pm
Eodnhoj7 wrote: Tue Jun 15, 2021 7:18 pm
RCSaunders wrote: Tue Jun 15, 2021 7:17 pm
You did not read it right. I'm not any kind of, "ist." I'm not a physicalist. This list is only of what I do not agree with.
But your promotion of the sciences, or what you claim are real sciences, primarily study the physical. If this is what we primarily derive knowledge from, given according to you they are real knowledge, then the only certainty we can acquire is from that which is physical.

Dually this is not what most of the world believes as most of the world believes in some aspect of theism, ie a God or gods exist. Third the majority of the world identifies with one or more of the above catgories.

Your beliefs are a hyper word salad of what seems to be self promotion and prosetylization.
Well, don't worry about it. If it annoys you, just ignore it. You seem to have missed this paragraph:
I have no interest in convincing anyone else to adopt my views (or any views). One should never accept any view as correct if their own best reason from the best evidence available to them does not convince them it is true. It is better to remain ignorant than to fill a gap in one's knowledge with what is not true.
Yet you present arguments to convince others.......
User avatar
RCSaunders
Posts: 3496
Joined: Tue Jul 17, 2018 9:42 pm
Contact:

Re: What I Don't Believe

Post by RCSaunders »

RCSaunders wrote: Tue Jun 15, 2021 7:06 pm What I Don't Believe

The following lists most of the more important views I regard as wrong and do not hold:[/b]:

Every ideology (-ism) is always wrong.

..,Atheism is wrong.
...Theism is wrong.
...Altruism is wrong.
...Socialism is wrong.
...All collectivism is wrong.
... All political ideologies are wrong.

......All political parties are wrong.
......Libertarianism is wrong.
......Objectivism is wrong.
......Anarchism is wrong.
......All government is wrong.
......All man-made laws are wrong.
......There is no such thing as rights.
......There is no such thing as morality.

No philosopher in history was right. (A very small number got some things right, but are mostly forgotten or marginalized today.)

Academia is anti-knowledge.
All so-called philosophies are ideologies and wrong.
All so-called Eastern philosophy is irredeemable nonsense.
All religion is nonsense.
All mysticism is nonsense.
All skepticism (and sophism) is wrong.
There is certain knowledge.
All real science is valid.

...Fundamental physics is real science.
...Fundamental chemistry is real science.
...Most of biology (and medicine) is real science.
...Real science is the basis of all successful technology.

Most so-called science today is not science, but pseudo-science.

...Psychology is not science.
...Sociology is not science.
...Ecology (and environmentalism) are not science.
...Anthropology is not science.
...Cosmology is not science.
...Evolution is not science.

The only purpose of this list is to save some time for those who assume things in our discussions about my views and address those views as arguments when they are not my views at all. Very often someone will explain what is wrong with some point I am making with, "Well, that's because your are an Atheist," or, "that's just your Libertarian view," (neither of which I am). Even worse are those who use as arguments something some supposed philosopher or psaudo-scientific authority said, when I regard those authorities as wrong.

I have no interest in convincing anyone else to adopt my views (or any views). One should never accept any view as correct if their own best reason from the best evidence available to them does not convince them it is true. It is better to remain ignorant than to fill a gap in one's knowledge with what is not true.

Someone is sure to notice, with the exception of science, the list is entirely negative, because the intention is only to save others the trouble of assuming I hold views that I do not. This should not be construed to assume I have no positive views. The truth is, all of those views I do not hold are because I am so certain of the things I do know, I cannot possibly accept all these lies that contradict what I know.

It may also be observed that most of what I have listed are what most of the world believes. For those who are really interested, I've addressed elsewhere why most of what most people believe is not true:

Why Do Most People Believe What Is Not True?

Deceitful Trinity—Religion, Philosophy, and Pseudo-science

If anyone is interested in what I do know and what my own views are they are certainly no mystery and I have explained them all many many times, even here on the Philosophy Now forum:

Philosophy, If You Want It

Ultimate Reality

Ontology Introduction


The Nature of Life


The Nature of Consciousness

Perception

The Nature of the Mind

Not Everything Is Physical


The Physical, Life, Consciousness, and The Human Mind—A Preface


An Analogy, From Physical To Mind

Science Philosophy

Epistemology, Concepts

Epistemology, Propositions

Silly Religion

Religion and Absolute Moral Values—The Ten Commandments, For Example

Independence—Better Than Morality

Why Be Moral?

VALUES

The Moral Nature

There Are No Miracles

Certain Knowledge

Only Individuals

Are You Enjoying Your Life?

The First Question Of Ethics

The Second Question of Ethics

What does, "moral," mean?

Controllers, Meddlers and Individualists

Only Individuals Matter

To see all my views and writing visit the Free Individual.
Fja1
Posts: 51
Joined: Mon Jun 14, 2021 3:17 pm

Re: What I Don't Believe

Post by Fja1 »

Trolling is wrong.

Racism is wrong.

Domestic violence is wrong.

Rape is wrong.


None of these are analytic propositions though.
User avatar
attofishpi
Posts: 5331
Joined: Tue Aug 16, 2011 8:10 am
Location: Orion Spur
Contact:

Re: What I Don't Believe

Post by attofishpi »

Fja1 wrote: Sun Jul 11, 2021 3:32 pm Trolling is wrong.

Racism is wrong.

Domestic violence is wrong.

Rape is wrong.


None of these are analytic propositions though.
hang on. What do you mean by 'rape is wrong' ?
User avatar
attofishpi
Posts: 5331
Joined: Tue Aug 16, 2011 8:10 am
Location: Orion Spur
Contact:

Re: What I Don't Believe

Post by attofishpi »

RCSaunders wrote: Sun Jul 11, 2021 1:43 pm
RCSaunders wrote: Tue Jun 15, 2021 7:06 pm What I Don't Believe

The following lists most of the more important views I regard as wrong and do not hold:[/b]:

Every ideology (-ism) is always wrong.

..,Atheism is wrong.
...Theism is wrong.
...Altruism is wrong.
...Socialism is wrong.
...All collectivism is wrong.
... All political ideologies are wrong.

......All political parties are wrong.
......Libertarianism is wrong.
......Objectivism is wrong.
......Anarchism is wrong.
......All government is wrong.
......All man-made laws are wrong.
......There is no such thing as rights.
......There is no such thing as morality.

No philosopher in history was right. (A very small number got some things right, but are mostly forgotten or marginalized today.)

Academia is anti-knowledge.
All so-called philosophies are ideologies and wrong.
All so-called Eastern philosophy is irredeemable nonsense.
All religion is nonsense.
All mysticism is nonsense.
All skepticism (and sophism) is wrong.
There is certain knowledge.
All real science is valid.

...Fundamental physics is real science.
...Fundamental chemistry is real science.
...Most of biology (and medicine) is real science.
...Real science is the basis of all successful technology.

Most so-called science today is not science, but pseudo-science.

...Psychology is not science.
...Sociology is not science.
...Ecology (and environmentalism) are not science.
...Anthropology is not science.
...Cosmology is not science.
...Evolution is not science.

The only purpose of this list is to save some time for those who assume things in our discussions about my views and address those views as arguments when they are not my views at all. Very often someone will explain what is wrong with some point I am making with, "Well, that's because your are an Atheist," or, "that's just your Libertarian view," (neither of which I am). Even worse are those who use as arguments something some supposed philosopher or psaudo-scientific authority said, when I regard those authorities as wrong.

I have no interest in convincing anyone else to adopt my views (or any views). One should never accept any view as correct if their own best reason from the best evidence available to them does not convince them it is true. It is better to remain ignorant than to fill a gap in one's knowledge with what is not true.

Someone is sure to notice, with the exception of science, the list is entirely negative, because the intention is only to save others the trouble of assuming I hold views that I do not. This should not be construed to assume I have no positive views. The truth is, all of those views I do not hold are because I am so certain of the things I do know, I cannot possibly accept all these lies that contradict what I know.

It may also be observed that most of what I have listed are what most of the world believes. For those who are really interested, I've addressed elsewhere why most of what most people believe is not true:

Why Do Most People Believe What Is Not True?

Deceitful Trinity—Religion, Philosophy, and Pseudo-science

If anyone is interested in what I do know and what my own views are they are certainly no mystery and I have explained them all many many times, even here on the Philosophy Now forum:

Philosophy, If You Want It

Ultimate Reality

Ontology Introduction


The Nature of Life


The Nature of Consciousness

Perception

The Nature of the Mind

Not Everything Is Physical


The Physical, Life, Consciousness, and The Human Mind—A Preface


An Analogy, From Physical To Mind

Science Philosophy

Epistemology, Concepts

Epistemology, Propositions

Silly Religion

Religion and Absolute Moral Values—The Ten Commandments, For Example

Independence—Better Than Morality

Why Be Moral?

VALUES

The Moral Nature

There Are No Miracles

Certain Knowledge

Only Individuals

Are You Enjoying Your Life?

The First Question Of Ethics

The Second Question of Ethics

What does, "moral," mean?

Controllers, Meddlers and Individualists

Only Individuals Matter

To see all my views and writing visit the Free Individual.
Your are clearly proving to be ridiculous.
Vitruvius
Posts: 542
Joined: Mon May 10, 2021 9:46 am

Re: What I Don't Believe

Post by Vitruvius »

It's important to assess what you do and do not believe is true, but the journey doesn't end there. If you accept science is true, you must accept an evolutionary understanding of human development, and so must accept anthropology. If you accept anthropology you must accept sociology, politics, philosophy, religion, science, art, and so on and on - exist, and that is true. You cannot pre-emptively wrongfoot anyone who tells you what your positions imply. Say you expressed the notion that climate change is some massive hoax, that's a right wing climate change deniers argument. Your position has that implication whether you believe in...

..,Atheism is wrong.
...Theism is wrong.
...Altruism is wrong.
...Socialism is wrong.
...All collectivism is wrong.
... All political ideologies are wrong.

......All political parties are wrong.
......Libertarianism is wrong.

... or not. Recognising scientific truth doesn't invalidate the world. (Maybe one can argue science has priority over the ideological architecture in face of an existential crisis, and given a feasible opportunity to secure a prosperous sustainable future, that we ought to develop and apply magma energy, and produce limitless clean electricity to sequester carbon desalinate, irrigate and recycle, but the aim would be to protect the ideologically ordered society, by accounting for the externalities of capitalism - without internalising them to the real economy, business and society.)

That so, if I make the argument we can address climate change without gross impositions on individual liberties, it's because you have implied that concern with your climate change denial. The fact you don't believe in libertarianism - or anything else, is neither here nor there, other than that channelling right wing talking points and then saying I don't believe it and I can prove it, is impossible to deal with. If impossible to deal with is where you would end your philosophical journey, so be it. But there's more beyond once you stop being angry you once believed in Santa!
Age
Posts: 8058
Joined: Sun Aug 05, 2018 8:17 am

Re: What I Don't Believe

Post by Age »

RCSaunders wrote: Tue Jun 15, 2021 7:06 pm What I Don't Believe

The following lists most of the more important views I regard as wrong and do not hold:[/b]:

Every ideology (-ism) is always wrong.

..,Atheism is wrong.
...Theism is wrong.
...Atruism is wrong.
...Socialism is wrong.
...All collectivism is wrong.
... All political ideologies are wrong.

......All political parties are wrong.
......Libertarianism is wrong.
......Objectivism is wrong.
......Anarchism is wrong.
......All government is wrong.
......All man-made laws are wrong.
......There is no such thing as rights.
......There is no such thing as morality.

No philosopher in history was right. (A very small number got some things right, but are mostly forgotten or margenalized today.)

Academia is anti-knowledge.
All so-called philosophies are ideologies and wrong.
All so-called Eastern philosophy is irredeemable nonsense.
All religion is nonsense.
All mysticism is nonsense.
All skepticism (and sophism) is wrong.
There is certain knowledge.
All real science is valid.

...Fundamental physics is real science.
...Fundamental chemistry is real sceince.
...Most of biology (and medicine) is real science.
...Real science is the basis of all successful tehcnology.

Most so-called science today is not science, but pseudo-science.

...Psychology is not science.
...Sociology is not science.
...Ecology (and environmentalism) are not science.
...Anthropology is not science.
...Cosmology is not science.
...Evolution is not science.

The only purpose of this list is to save some time for those who assume things in our discussions about my views and address those views as arguments when they are not my views at all. Very often someone will explain what is wrong with some point I am making with, "Well, that's because your are an Atheist," or, "that's just your Libertarian view," (neither of which I am). Even worse are those who use as arguments something some supposed philosopher or psaudo-scientific authoriy said, when I regard those authorities as wrong.

I have no interest in convincing anyone else to adopt my views (or any views). One should never accept any view as correct if their own best reason from the best evidence available to them does not convince them it is true. It is better to remain ignorant than to fill a gap in one's knowledge with what is not true.

Someone is sure to notice, with the exception of science, the list is entirely negative, because the intention is only to save others the trouble of assuming I hold views that I do not. This should not be construed to assume I have no positive views. The truth is, all of those views I do not hold are because I am so certain of the things I do know, I cannot possibly accept all these lies that contradict what I know.

It may also be observed that most of what I have listed are what most of the world believes. For those who are really interested, I've addressed elsewhere why most of what most people believe is not true:

Why Do Most People Believe What Is Not True?

Deceitful Trinity—Religion, Philosophy, and Pseudo-science

If anyone is interested in what I do know and what my own views are they are certainly no mystery and I have explained them all many many times, even here on the Philosophy Now forum:

Philosophy, If You Want It

Ultimate Reality

Ontology Introduction


The Nature of Life


The Nature of Consciousness

Perception

The Nature of the Mind

Not Everything Is Physical


The Physical, Life, Consciousness, and The Human Mind—A Preface


An Analogy, From Physical To Mind

Science Philosophy

Epistemology, Concepts

Epistemology, Propositions

Silly Religion

Religion and Absolute Moral Values—The Ten Commandments, For Example

Independence—Better Than Morality

Why Be Moral?

VALUES

The Moral Nature

There Are No Miracles

Certain Knowledge

Only Individuals

Are You Enjoying Your Life?

The First Question Of Ethics

The Second Question of Ethics

What does, "moral," mean?

Controllers, Meddlers and Individualists

Only Individuals Matter

To see all my views and writing visit the Free Individual.
Why do you want your views to be seen?

And, what is a 'philosopher', to you?
User avatar
RCSaunders
Posts: 3496
Joined: Tue Jul 17, 2018 9:42 pm
Contact:

Re: What I Don't Believe

Post by RCSaunders »

Age wrote: Sun Aug 29, 2021 12:50 am
RCSaunders wrote: Tue Jun 15, 2021 7:06 pm What I Don't Believe

The following lists most of the more important views I regard as wrong and do not hold:[/b]:

Every ideology (-ism) is always wrong.

..,Atheism is wrong.
...Theism is wrong.
...Atruism is wrong.
...Socialism is wrong.
...All collectivism is wrong.
... All political ideologies are wrong.

......All political parties are wrong.
......Libertarianism is wrong.
......Objectivism is wrong.
......Anarchism is wrong.
......All government is wrong.
......All man-made laws are wrong.
......There is no such thing as rights.
......There is no such thing as morality.

No philosopher in history was right. (A very small number got some things right, but are mostly forgotten or margenalized today.)

Academia is anti-knowledge.
All so-called philosophies are ideologies and wrong.
All so-called Eastern philosophy is irredeemable nonsense.
All religion is nonsense.
All mysticism is nonsense.
All skepticism (and sophism) is wrong.
There is certain knowledge.
All real science is valid.

...Fundamental physics is real science.
...Fundamental chemistry is real sceince.
...Most of biology (and medicine) is real science.
...Real science is the basis of all successful tehcnology.

Most so-called science today is not science, but pseudo-science.

...Psychology is not science.
...Sociology is not science.
...Ecology (and environmentalism) are not science.
...Anthropology is not science.
...Cosmology is not science.
...Evolution is not science.

The only purpose of this list is to save some time for those who assume things in our discussions about my views and address those views as arguments when they are not my views at all. Very often someone will explain what is wrong with some point I am making with, "Well, that's because your are an Atheist," or, "that's just your Libertarian view," (neither of which I am). Even worse are those who use as arguments something some supposed philosopher or psaudo-scientific authoriy said, when I regard those authorities as wrong.

I have no interest in convincing anyone else to adopt my views (or any views). One should never accept any view as correct if their own best reason from the best evidence available to them does not convince them it is true. It is better to remain ignorant than to fill a gap in one's knowledge with what is not true.

Someone is sure to notice, with the exception of science, the list is entirely negative, because the intention is only to save others the trouble of assuming I hold views that I do not. This should not be construed to assume I have no positive views. The truth is, all of those views I do not hold are because I am so certain of the things I do know, I cannot possibly accept all these lies that contradict what I know.

It may also be observed that most of what I have listed are what most of the world believes. For those who are really interested, I've addressed elsewhere why most of what most people believe is not true:

Why Do Most People Believe What Is Not True?

Deceitful Trinity—Religion, Philosophy, and Pseudo-science

If anyone is interested in what I do know and what my own views are they are certainly no mystery and I have explained them all many many times, even here on the Philosophy Now forum:

Philosophy, If You Want It

Ultimate Reality

Ontology Introduction


The Nature of Life


The Nature of Consciousness

Perception

The Nature of the Mind

Not Everything Is Physical


The Physical, Life, Consciousness, and The Human Mind—A Preface


An Analogy, From Physical To Mind

Science Philosophy

Epistemology, Concepts

Epistemology, Propositions

Silly Religion

Religion and Absolute Moral Values—The Ten Commandments, For Example

Independence—Better Than Morality

Why Be Moral?

VALUES

The Moral Nature

There Are No Miracles

Certain Knowledge

Only Individuals

Are You Enjoying Your Life?

The First Question Of Ethics

The Second Question of Ethics

What does, "moral," mean?

Controllers, Meddlers and Individualists

Only Individuals Matter

To see all my views and writing visit the Free Individual.
Why do you want your views to be seen?

And, what is a 'philosopher', to you?
If you have an opinion feel free to express it. I have no intention of answering personal questions.

I will say anyone who claims to be a philosopher today is either an idiot or a liar, especially if he's also an academic. I'm not a philosopher. Are you?
Age
Posts: 8058
Joined: Sun Aug 05, 2018 8:17 am

Re: What I Don't Believe

Post by Age »

RCSaunders wrote: Sun Aug 29, 2021 12:59 am
Age wrote: Sun Aug 29, 2021 12:50 am
RCSaunders wrote: Tue Jun 15, 2021 7:06 pm What I Don't Believe

The following lists most of the more important views I regard as wrong and do not hold:[/b]:

Every ideology (-ism) is always wrong.

..,Atheism is wrong.
...Theism is wrong.
...Atruism is wrong.
...Socialism is wrong.
...All collectivism is wrong.
... All political ideologies are wrong.

......All political parties are wrong.
......Libertarianism is wrong.
......Objectivism is wrong.
......Anarchism is wrong.
......All government is wrong.
......All man-made laws are wrong.
......There is no such thing as rights.
......There is no such thing as morality.

No philosopher in history was right. (A very small number got some things right, but are mostly forgotten or margenalized today.)

Academia is anti-knowledge.
All so-called philosophies are ideologies and wrong.
All so-called Eastern philosophy is irredeemable nonsense.
All religion is nonsense.
All mysticism is nonsense.
All skepticism (and sophism) is wrong.
There is certain knowledge.
All real science is valid.

...Fundamental physics is real science.
...Fundamental chemistry is real sceince.
...Most of biology (and medicine) is real science.
...Real science is the basis of all successful tehcnology.

Most so-called science today is not science, but pseudo-science.

...Psychology is not science.
...Sociology is not science.
...Ecology (and environmentalism) are not science.
...Anthropology is not science.
...Cosmology is not science.
...Evolution is not science.

The only purpose of this list is to save some time for those who assume things in our discussions about my views and address those views as arguments when they are not my views at all. Very often someone will explain what is wrong with some point I am making with, "Well, that's because your are an Atheist," or, "that's just your Libertarian view," (neither of which I am). Even worse are those who use as arguments something some supposed philosopher or psaudo-scientific authoriy said, when I regard those authorities as wrong.

I have no interest in convincing anyone else to adopt my views (or any views). One should never accept any view as correct if their own best reason from the best evidence available to them does not convince them it is true. It is better to remain ignorant than to fill a gap in one's knowledge with what is not true.

Someone is sure to notice, with the exception of science, the list is entirely negative, because the intention is only to save others the trouble of assuming I hold views that I do not. This should not be construed to assume I have no positive views. The truth is, all of those views I do not hold are because I am so certain of the things I do know, I cannot possibly accept all these lies that contradict what I know.

It may also be observed that most of what I have listed are what most of the world believes. For those who are really interested, I've addressed elsewhere why most of what most people believe is not true:

Why Do Most People Believe What Is Not True?

Deceitful Trinity—Religion, Philosophy, and Pseudo-science

If anyone is interested in what I do know and what my own views are they are certainly no mystery and I have explained them all many many times, even here on the Philosophy Now forum:

Philosophy, If You Want It

Ultimate Reality

Ontology Introduction


The Nature of Life


The Nature of Consciousness

Perception

The Nature of the Mind

Not Everything Is Physical


The Physical, Life, Consciousness, and The Human Mind—A Preface


An Analogy, From Physical To Mind

Science Philosophy

Epistemology, Concepts

Epistemology, Propositions

Silly Religion

Religion and Absolute Moral Values—The Ten Commandments, For Example

Independence—Better Than Morality

Why Be Moral?

VALUES

The Moral Nature

There Are No Miracles

Certain Knowledge

Only Individuals

Are You Enjoying Your Life?

The First Question Of Ethics

The Second Question of Ethics

What does, "moral," mean?

Controllers, Meddlers and Individualists

Only Individuals Matter

To see all my views and writing visit the Free Individual.
Why do you want your views to be seen?

And, what is a 'philosopher', to you?
If you have an opinion feel free to express it. I have no intention of answering personal questions.

I will say anyone who claims to be a philosopher today is either an idiot or a liar, especially if he's also an academic. I'm not a philosopher. Are you?
You wrote things. I asked you two clarifying questions in regards to what you wrote. But you say you have NO intention of answering my clarifying questions. Yet, you go on to ask me a clarifying question.

Now what would you do if you were me?

Also, I do not care what you would say in regards to those who claim to be philosophers. I asked you, What is a 'philosopher', to you? If you have NO intention about answering that simple question, then so be it. Your inability to be able to clarify, just says and shows more about who 'you' really are.
Veritas Aequitas
Posts: 6993
Joined: Wed Jul 11, 2012 4:41 am

Re: What I Don't Believe

Post by Veritas Aequitas »

RCSaunders wrote: Tue Jun 15, 2021 7:06 pm What I Don't Believe

The following lists most of the more important views I regard as wrong and do not hold:[/b]:

[.....]
Whatever you insisted is 'wrong' is only 'wrong' relative to your screwed-up ignorant views.
If you keep your views to yourself, that is no issue, but the fact that you make it public is a concern as it may influence others to their detriments.

The point is certain views may be viewed as wrong or not-true relative to some framework and system of knowledge but they can be or the only recourse for the majority to extract the necessary utilities to keep them alive optimally.

For example, the claims of theism cannot be real nor true relative say to science, but theism has great utilities to the majority is a state where they must be theists to facilitate their well being in their present state.
Point is theism has its pros and cons and a considerate human being will weigh the pros and cons according and recommend the course of right and corrective actions as necessary.

I am a reasonable expert in Eastern Philosophy and is aware it is as, even more sophisticated than Western Philosophy and had contributed greatly to the progress of humanity in the Eastern World and now influencing the Western World as well.
It has its cons which need to be filtered so that we can keep the pros that are optimal to the current and future conditions.

Note this tool from Buddhism, how can it be wrong or bad?
Buddhism's 4NT-8FP is a Life Problem Solving Technique.
viewtopic.php?f=11&t=25193

Buddhism promotes the Middle-Way which implied for all those 'ism' you rejected as wrong, you [and everyone] must be rational and pragmatic to extract whatever is good and reject that which is potentially evil.

You need to expand your vista of knowledge and learn how to weigh the pros and cons of each field of knowledge.
Post Reply