What is philosophy?

For all things philosophical.

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Lacewing

Re: What is philosophy?

Post by Lacewing »

Age wrote: Fri Jun 18, 2021 11:55 pm
FlashDangerpants wrote: Fri Jun 18, 2021 9:12 ammeh
If this is ALL you can say here, then you CLEARLY and OBVIOUSLY can NOT clarify nor elaborate on your positions, are NOT able to back up and support your OWN CLAIMS, nor are you able to argue against what I have said so far.
Age...

You have not clarified your claims with anything other than more claims.
You have not backed up your claims with anything other than more claims.
You have not successfully argued against other people's claims, you've simply made more of your own claims, which you do not clarify or back up.

You have not demonstrated that you are open.
You have not demonstrated that you know anything.

You have accused people of not responding appropriately to your claims -- while your responses to others are often mangled or inaccurate (as people have pointed out to you).

You have blamed people for not being open enough to understand what you claim as "truth" -- while you have not demonstrated that you are open enough to understand anything other than what you claim as "truth".

You don't seem to recognize how stupid and unimportant it is that you repeatedly accuse and correct everyone else for not seeing or knowing the "truth" that you claim to know.

Maybe if you were open, you might see that truth is seen and experienced everywhere, throughout all.
If you do not think truth is seen and experienced throughout all, what is your argument as to why that isn't so?
Sculptor

Post by Sculptor »

Age wrote: Sat Jun 19, 2021 3:12 pm
Sculptor wrote: Sat Jun 19, 2021 1:10 pm
Age wrote: Fri Jun 18, 2021 11:51 pm

Do you ACTUALLY REALLY BELIEVE that ALL known science, just up to this minuscule point in human evolution, when this was being written, and ALL evidence shows red shift, which limits the size of the universe, is ACTUAL PROOF that the Universe, Itself, is expanding and began?
:lol:
You are really asking me would I throw away the science I know and replace it with your wild speculation.....

Hang on......

Let me think...

Wait a minute.....

Er.....

Take a wild guess!

Fuck no!
LOL "the science you know".

You can NOT even write down in words the "science you know".
Yeah fuck off !

Post by Age »

FlashDangerpants wrote: Sat Jun 19, 2021 3:35 pm
Age wrote: Sat Jun 19, 2021 3:08 pm
FlashDangerpants wrote: Sat Jun 19, 2021 12:40 pm
I correctly informed you that in your argument you tried a logically unsustainable maneuver to move from an empirical observation to deductive conclusion.
WHEN did you "inform me" of this by use of such words as "empirical observation to deductive conclusion".
Meh. If you can't read that's not a problem I propose to fix by writing about it.
Here is ANOTHER one who can NOT back up and support their CLAIMS and BELIEFS, can NOT answer DIRECTLY and Honestly the ACTUAL CLARIFYING QUESTIONS posed to them, and IGNORES when CHALLENGED.
FlashDangerpants

Post by FlashDangerpants »

Age wrote: Sat Jun 19, 2021 10:46 pm
Age wrote: Sat Jun 19, 2021 3:08 pm

WHEN did you "inform me" of this by use of such words as "empirical observation to deductive conclusion".
Meh. If you can't read that's not a problem I propose to fix by writing about it.
Here is ANOTHER one who can NOT back up and support their CLAIMS and BELIEFS, can NOT answer DIRECTLY and Honestly the ACTUAL CLARIFYING QUESTIONS posed to them, and IGNORES when CHALLENGED.
If you can't locate the place where I critiqued youyr argument with the words empirical and deduction, and where you responded with some blather about open minds, then that's not a clarifying question, it's just you being lazy and stupid. Fix your own shit you worthless hump.

Post by Age »

uwot wrote: Sat Jun 19, 2021 3:49 pm
Age wrote: Sat Jun 19, 2021 2:39 pm'Galatic red shift' EXITS, but it is NOT 'evidence' that the Universe is expanding.
Two questions Age:
1.Why is galactic red shift not evidence that the universe is expanding?
2. What is it evidence for?
You EXPECT me to answer YOUR QUESTIONS posed to me, correct, YET you will NOT answer MY QUESTIONS posed to you?

1. BECAUSE galactic blue shift SHOWS the EXACT OPPOSITE. And, just because galactic red shift SHOWS objects receding away from earth, this in NO WAY is 'evidence' that the Universe is expanding. The data EXISTS, red shift is REAL, it can be SEEN, but what that data is 'evidence' for is just some people's INTERPRETATION, or just their view ONLY.

To CLAIM that red shift is 'evidence for' and expanding Universe one would FIRST have to EXPLAIN what the Universe IS, EXACTLY, and then EXPLAIN how that Thing could expand, SUFFICIENTLY, CORRECTLY, and PROPERLY. In the days when this was written, this has NOT YET been done.

Understand, and remember, that NOT every time the data is said to be "evidence for [some thing]" it is ACTUALLY 'evidence for [that thing]' AT ALL. EVERY thing NEEDS to be LOOKED AT and DISCUSSED FIRST, BEFORE JUMPING to CONCLUSIONS. Surely, what has taken place for the prior few thousands years would be enough 'evidence' to NOT JUMP TO CONCLUSIONS.

Presuming or making ASSUMPTIONS that THE DATA is 'evidence for ...' is a HUGE MISTAKE, which, 'you', human beings, have been doing for quite some time now, hitherto the days when this was written.

2. Galactic red shift, to me, is 'evidence' for galaxies moving away from earth, or maybe better worded an 'indication' that galaxies are moving away from earth. Do you AGREE WITH and ACCEPT this?

Now, would you like to inform us of what blue shift is 'evidence for', or what blue shift 'indicates'?

Post by Age »

Lacewing wrote: Sat Jun 19, 2021 3:50 pm
Age wrote: Fri Jun 18, 2021 11:55 pm
FlashDangerpants wrote: Fri Jun 18, 2021 9:12 ammeh
If this is ALL you can say here, then you CLEARLY and OBVIOUSLY can NOT clarify nor elaborate on your positions, are NOT able to back up and support your OWN CLAIMS, nor are you able to argue against what I have said so far.
Age...

You have not clarified your claims with anything other than more claims.
You have not backed up your claims with anything other than more claims.
You have not successfully argued against other people's claims, you've simply made more of your own claims, which you do not clarify or back up.
And 'you', "lacewing", have NOT presented ONE of my CLAIMS, and then asked me to CLARIFY NOR to back it up.

I await this from 'you'.
Lacewing wrote: Sat Jun 19, 2021 3:50 pm You have not demonstrated that you are open.
You have not demonstrated that you know anything.

You have accused people of not responding appropriately to your claims -- while your responses to others are often mangled or inaccurate (as people have pointed out to you).

You have blamed people for not being open enough to understand what you claim as "truth" -- while you have not demonstrated that you are open enough to understand anything other than what you claim as "truth".

You don't seem to recognize how stupid and unimportant it is that you repeatedly accuse and correct everyone else for not seeing or knowing the "truth" that you claim to know.
And, as 'you' quite often say;

PROJECTING.
Lacewing wrote: Sat Jun 19, 2021 3:50 pm Maybe if you were open, you might see that truth is seen and experienced everywhere, throughout all.
But I have been the ONE stating that thee ACTUAL Truth is HERE-NOW to be SEEN, and EXPERIENCED.

In fact I have been saying that thee ACTUAL Truth of things is ACTUALLY BEING SEEN, and EXPERIENCED. But, unfortunately, 'you', human beings, prior to and in the days when this was written, DISTORT and TWIST this ACTUAL Truth with your OWN previously gained DISTORTED and TWISTED views, ASSUMPTIONS, and BELIEFS, which is NOT ACTUALLY your fault, but just a result of how the human brain ACTUALLY works.

But how the human brain ACTUALLY evolved to work, and continues to evolve, is for the very REASON and PURPOSE to create and achieve the ACTUAL 'world' that ALL of 'you', human beings, WANT and DESIRE to live in. This is just an evolving process, which is coming to fruition. 'you', human beings, just NEED patience to obtain and reach this 'world' and way of life.

Until then 'you' will keep doing what 'you' are now, that is; until you discover, or learn, and UNDERSTAND FULLY how the Mind and the brain ACTUALLY WORK.
Lacewing wrote: Sat Jun 19, 2021 3:50 pm If you do not think truth is seen and experienced throughout all, what is your argument as to why that isn't so?
Do 'you' have ABSOLUTELY ANY IDEA AT ALL WHY 'you' would even begin to PRESUME this, internally, let alone EXPRESSING that thought/view/BELIEF, externally, out loud for ALL to SEE and HEAR?

Throughout EVERY thing I have written, so far, in this forum, is there absolutely ANY thing that I have said and written that REALLY led you to CONCLUDE what you have here?

If yes, then what was it EXACTLY?

But if no, then WHY would you PRESUME such a thing?

Post by Age »

Sculptor wrote: Sat Jun 19, 2021 7:29 pm
Age wrote: Sat Jun 19, 2021 3:12 pm
Sculptor wrote: Sat Jun 19, 2021 1:10 pm
:lol:
You are really asking me would I throw away the science I know and replace it with your wild speculation.....

Hang on......

Let me think...

Wait a minute.....

Er.....

Take a wild guess!

Fuck no!
LOL "the science you know".

You can NOT even write down in words the "science you know".
Yeah fuck off !
Here is ANOTHER EXAMPLE of how, human beings, in the days when this was written ACTUALLY thought that this is how philosophical discussions take place. You can just imagine how they spoke to, and treated, each "other" when they were "discussing" things, which were NOT important, at all.

Post by Age »

FlashDangerpants wrote: Sat Jun 19, 2021 11:38 pm
If you can't locate the place where I critiqued youyr argument with the words empirical and deduction, and where you responded with some blather about open minds, then that's not a clarifying question, it's just you being lazy and stupid. Fix your own shit you worthless hump.
LOL Talk about NOT able to READ and SEE.

"Critiquing" an argument does NOT mean that you have countered that argument successfully.

I was just POINTING OUT that you did NOT use the words "empirical and deduction" BEFORE you wrote them, as you were 'trying to' CLAIM you did.

If you BELIEVE you did, AND WANT TO PROVE ME WRONG, then I suggest JUST DO IT.

I have NEVER mentioned ANY thing about 'open minds'. As can be CLEARLY SEEN, EVIDENCED, and PROVED true.

When asking "another" to CLARIFY or to back up and support THEIR CLAIM, and they reply with something similar to; "If you can not see it, then go find it yourself, it is there", SHOWS and REVEALS who is Truly the one 'being lazy AND stupid'.

Calling "others" names is ALSO further PROOF of ones INABILITY to have a Truly OPEN and Honest peaceful discussion.

Look, if you can NOT back up and support what you CLAIM and BELIEVE is true, is NOT something to REALLY worry, nor be concerned, about. In the days when this was written there is NOT an adult human being who could do this for ALL of their CLAIMS and BELIEFS, especially when it was concerning matters like the Universe, Itself, and Life and living.

'you' are ALL still just LEARNING.
FlashDangerpants

Age wrote: Sun Jun 20, 2021 12:44 am

"Critiquing" an argument does NOT mean that you have countered that argument successfully.

I was just POINTING OUT that you did NOT use the words "empirical and deduction" BEFORE you wrote them, as you were 'trying to' CLAIM you did.

I have NEVER mentioned ANY thing about 'open minds'. As can be CLEARLY SEEN, EVIDENCED, and PROVED true.

When asking "another" to CLARIFY or to back up and support THEIR CLAIM, and they reply with something similar to; "If you can not see it, then go find it yourself, it is there", SHOWS and REVEALS who is Truly the one 'being lazy AND stupid'.

Calling "others" names is ALSO further PROOF of ones INABILITY to have a Truly OPEN and Honest peaceful discussion.

Look, if you can NOT back up and support what you CLAIM and BELIEVE is true, is NOT something to REALLY worry, nor be concerned, about. In the days when this was written there is NOT an adult human being who could do this for ALL of their CLAIMS and BELIEFS, especially when it was concerning matters like the Universe, Itself, and Life and living.

I did, you can read it on page 4 of this stupid thread.
Your blather in response was "Yes it can and WILL BE, that is; to those who are CURIOS and OPEN."
So yeah, you did do what I have accused you of.

And I responded "meh" because your bullshit doesn't impress me.

You are annoying and stupid, please stop that.

Post by Age »

FlashDangerpants wrote: Sun Jun 20, 2021 12:52 am
Age wrote: Sun Jun 20, 2021 12:44 am

I did, you can read it on page 4 of this stupid thread.
READ 'what', EXACTLY, on page 4 of this thread?

Is it REALLY that hard, and/or to complex, for you to just WRITE 'it' [whatever 'it' is] down AGAIN?

Look, if you can NOT back up and support YOUR CLAIMS with ACTUAL evidence or proof, then so be it. But, I am NOT going to do YOUR WORK, for you.
FlashDangerpants wrote: Sun Jun 20, 2021 12:52 am Your blather in response was "Yes it can and WILL BE, that is; to those who are CURIOS and OPEN."
So yeah, you did do what I have accused you of.
SEE, it was NOT hard NOR complex AT ALL.
FlashDangerpants wrote: Sun Jun 20, 2021 12:52 am And I responded "meh" because your bullshit doesn't impress me.
And, I asked you to CLARIFY what 'meh' means, to you. And, you did NOT, until now.

Also, I would hope ANY one's, so called, "bullshit" does NOT impress you or ANY one "else".

But, I also hope that FACTS and Truth impresses NOT just you but EVERY one "else".
FlashDangerpants wrote: Sun Jun 20, 2021 12:52 am You are annoying and stupid, please stop that.
LOL

Why do you not just put me on the IGNORE list INSTEAD?

Also, what can be CLEARLY NOTICED HERE is that you can NOT counter my CLAIMS and PROOFS, so instead of STAYING FOCUSED on My WORDS you have just CONCENTRATED on:

My "blathering"

My "bullshit"

My "annoyance". And,

My "stupidity".

So, what you think and BELIEVE of 'me', and of 'my words, can be CLEARLY SEEN here.

LOOK, contrary to popular BELIEF, the Universe is NOT expanding, and did NOT begin, just like the earth is NOT in the center of the Universe and is NOT flat.

This can be and will be PROVED True.

Now, you are FREE to BELIEVE whatever you like is true, just like EVERY one "else" is, but just be FOREWARNED that what you BELIEVE is true could just be completely or partly WRONG. And, if you can NOT prove me wrong, and can NOT prove what you BELIEVE is true, then this is MORE EVIDENCE that what you currently BELIEVE is true, is ACTUALLY Wrong.

If you REALLY want to LOOK INTO this and DISCUSS this, then I am MORE THAN WILLING TO.
FlashDangerpants

meh
uwot

Post by uwot »

Age wrote: Sun Jun 20, 2021 12:07 amYou EXPECT me to answer YOUR QUESTIONS posed to me, correct, YET you will NOT answer MY QUESTIONS posed to you?
Your questions have been answered many times over by myself and others in the almost three years that you have been asking them. You set your stall out with your first two posts, both dated Aug, 2018:
Age wrote: Sun Aug 05, 2018 8:26 amOf course someone would agree with you. You make sense.

The reason physicists can not comprehend is because they are just like religionists. They both, by definition, have a very narrow way of looking at things. They both twist the definitions of words into a terminology that best suits either ones already held very narrow world view.
Age wrote: Mon Aug 06, 2018 1:48 amHow do you define Universe?
If the definition for 'Universe' is everything, then how could everything expand?
Only something limited, thus not everything, could expand.
Are some galaxies coming closer together?
If so, then where exactly is this expansion, you talk of, supposedly talking place?
Has the furthest parts of the Universe been observed?
If not, then how do you know, for sure, that whatever it is that you define the 'Universe' as is expanding?
In the time some people learn enough to earn a degree, you have learned how to use the caps lock.
Age wrote: Sun Jun 20, 2021 12:07 amNow, would you like to inform us of what blue shift is 'evidence for', or what blue shift 'indicates'?
"Us"? Age, everybody but you understands what blue shift indicates.
Lacewing

Post by Lacewing »

uwot wrote: Sun Jun 20, 2021 4:11 am
Age wrote: Sun Jun 20, 2021 12:07 amYou EXPECT me to answer YOUR QUESTIONS posed to me, correct, YET you will NOT answer MY QUESTIONS posed to you?
Your questions have been answered many times over by myself and others in the almost three years that you have been asking them. You set your stall out with your first two posts, both dated Aug, 2018.
And prior to that, Age, you were writing as the forum member Ken, correct?

Post by Age »

Your questions have been answered many times over by myself and others in the almost three years that you have been asking them.
OF COURSE, SOME of my questions have been answered. But FAR MORE questions are NOT answered than are answered. And when they are answered most of the time the ACTUAL QUESTION posed is NOT answered. For example, JUST LIKE NOW.

Considering the ACTUAL CLARIFYING QUESTION I posed to you here, and YOUR RESPONSE, I wonder if you can SEE the funny side of this.

I asked you a specific CLARIFYING QUESTION, which you have NOT YET ANSWERED. ONCE AGAIN, YOUR RESPONSE is NOT answering the ACTUAL QUESTION, posed to you. As I was just saying and stating.
uwot wrote: Sun Jun 20, 2021 4:11 am You set your stall out with your first two posts, both dated Aug, 2018:
What does "You set your stall out ..." mean and refer to EXACTLY, to you?
Age wrote: Sun Aug 05, 2018 8:26 amOf course someone would agree with you. You make sense.
What is this in relation to, EXACTLY?

It OBVIOUSLY was NOT in relation to ANY thing you said or wrote "uwot".

This appears to be a pretty weird thing to bring into this conversation, especially considering the fact that the one that I was responding to is NOT talking in this thread.

Unless, OF COURSE, 'you' are one and the same.

So, WHY did you bring what you quoted me saying here, over two years ago in another thread, into this thread?
uwot wrote: Sun Jun 20, 2021 4:11 am The reason physicists can not comprehend is because they are just like religionists. They both, by definition, have a very narrow way of looking at things. They both twist the definitions of words into a terminology that best suits either ones already held very narrow world view.
WHY did you add this?

I was OBVIOUSLY just explaining WHY some thing was occurring to someone, which they asked for. I was also just being TOTALLY Honest with them.

What are you 'trying to' make or do by adding these words of mine here?
Age wrote: Mon Aug 06, 2018 1:48 amHow do you define Universe?
If the definition for 'Universe' is everything, then how could everything expand?
Only something limited, thus not everything, could expand.
Are some galaxies coming closer together?
If so, then where exactly is this expansion, you talk of, supposedly talking place?
Has the furthest parts of the Universe been observed?
If not, then how do you know, for sure, that whatever it is that you define the 'Universe' as is expanding?
In the time some people learn enough to earn a degree, you have learned how to use the caps lock.
What has this got to do with absolutely ANY thing you quoted me as saying and writing here?

And, considering that I did NOT use one capital letter, other than at the start of a sentence, then this seems like a REALLY WEIRD thing to say and point out here. So, WHY did you want to write what you did here?

By the way I NEVER use caps lock ANYWAY. I REALLY SUGGEST that you do CLARIFY, BEFORE you MAKE ANY ASSUMPTIONS, AT ALL. Also, considering I STILL do NOT YET KNOW how to use 'caps lock', on this computer, and may NEVER learn how to use 'caps lock' on this computer, human kind, itself, could learn some things to earn, to you, SOME UNBELIEVABLE things, let alone just some people learning enough to "earn" some miserable little, so called, "degree" BEFORE I ever learn how to use the 'caps lock'. But, SO WHAT?
Age wrote: Sun Jun 20, 2021 12:07 amNow, would you like to inform us of what blue shift is 'evidence for', or what blue shift 'indicates'?
"Us"?
YES 'us'.

'We' would like to SEE if you have the courage to ADMIT what blue shift 'indicates' or is 'evidence' for.
uwot wrote: Sun Jun 20, 2021 4:11 am Age, everybody but you understands what blue shift indicates.
So, EVERY human being that has EVER lived, including ALL new born ones and ALL children, ALL understand what blue shifts indicates, correct?

This, AFTER ALL, is what you ACTUALLY wrote, AND MEANT, here. And, if this is NOT what you ACTUALLY MEANT, then I suggest ONLY saying and writing what you ACTUALLY MEAN, INSTEAD. That way you will NOT be SO WRONG, as OFTEN AS YOU ARE.

Now, what you just wrote and said here can also be SEEN as a COMPLETE and UTTER ATTEMPT at DISTRACTION.

You WANT to use 'red shift' as 'evidence' of an expanding Universe, however, you will NOT even LOOK AT and DISCUSS what 'blue shift' IS 'evidence' for.

Which PROOFS what I have ACTUALLY been saying and POINTING OUT.

Talking to 'you', adult human beings, in the days when this was written, was like talking to 'you', adult human beings, in the days when 'you' BELIEVED that the earth was at the center of the Universe. 'you' ALL will NOT LOOK AT and DISCUSS what thee ACTUAL Truth IS.

If it is said that 'red shift' is "evidence" for an expanding Universe, then OBVIOUSLY 'blue shift' is 'evidence' for some thing else, which 'you', "uwot", OBVIOUSLY do NOT like to express, say, write, and ADMIT in words. This is BECAUSE 'it' goes AGAINST EVERY BELIEF 'you' now have concerning the Universe, Itself.

You ONLY want to LOOK AT and SEE here what you ALREADY BELIEVE is true. EXACTLY like those who BELIEVED that the sun revolves around the earth.They ALSO will NOT LOOK AT and DISCUSS what thee ACTUAL Truth IS.

So be it. This ONLY FURTHER backs up and supports my CLAIMS about how the Mind and the brain ACTUALLY WORK. So, either way, ALL OF THIS just NATURALLY back up and support my CLAIMS ANYWAY, or in ALL WAYS.
Last edited by Age on Sun Jun 20, 2021 6:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post by Age »

Lacewing wrote: Sun Jun 20, 2021 5:22 am
Your questions have been answered many times over by myself and others in the almost three years that you have been asking them. You set your stall out with your first two posts, both dated Aug, 2018.
And prior to that, Age, you were writing as the forum member Ken, correct?
YES.