Imbalance and Balance

For all things philosophical.

Moderators: AMod, iMod

bahman

Re: Imbalance and Balance

Post by bahman »

Eodnhoj7 wrote: Mon Jun 07, 2021 8:20 pm 1. The union of extremes is balance.

2. The absence of balance is an extreme to balance.

3. Balance and imbalance are extremes thus resulting in imbalance.

4. The union of balance and imbalance is being.

5. The union of extremes is being.
There are balance and imbalance. There is a mind too. A being is a mind and body which mind can intervene when there is a balance in the body.
Walker

Post by Walker »

Eodnhoj7 wrote: Tue Jun 15, 2021 5:37 pm
Walker wrote: Tue Jun 15, 2021 9:56 am
Eodnhoj7 wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 11:42 pm

Rashness is over doing the job, cowardess is not doing the job at all.
How is the job to be done, selected? What makes the job selected, what it is that must be done?
What do you mean "selected"?
That’s a cautious response.

Was Audie, the cited and officially recognized authority for bravery, awarded medals for caution? Was he awarded medals for rashness, or for a rash? What do you think?

I already know what I think about these questions as they relate to balance, so considering that you initiated the topics of balance, bravery, and rashness, I think that under safe conditions cautious responses are inappropriate, leaning towards imbalance.
Eodnhoj7

Post by Eodnhoj7 »

Walker wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 10:30 am
Eodnhoj7 wrote: Tue Jun 15, 2021 5:37 pm
Walker wrote: Tue Jun 15, 2021 9:56 am
How is the job to be done, selected? What makes the job selected, what it is that must be done?
What do you mean "selected"?
That’s a cautious response.

Was Audie, the cited and officially recognized authority for bravery, awarded medals for caution? Was he awarded medals for rashness, or for a rash? What do you think?

I already know what I think about these questions as they relate to balance, so considering that you initiated the topics of balance, bravery, and rashness, I think that under safe conditions cautious responses are inappropriate, leaning towards imbalance.
Asking what one means and avoiding a judgement based upon a lack of clarity is not cautious.

Cautiousness is the ability to avoid rashness and commit to only actions which were needed. Audie did what was needed, hence why he was brave.
Walker

Post by Walker »

I read he had quite a temper, a counterpoint to the baby face.

When the energy of rage is channeled away from emotion and into action, even if that action be still awareness, the path is clear and there is no choice, 'specially under the do or die, do or run circumstances that won him all those medals.