For all things philosophical.

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Eodnhoj7

Re: Imbalance and Balance

Post by Eodnhoj7 »

Lacewing wrote: Tue Jun 08, 2021 3:56 pm
Eodnhoj7 wrote: Tue Jun 08, 2021 2:01 am
Lacewing wrote: Tue Jun 08, 2021 1:38 am
That's the story/belief you're making up, and it sounds extreme.
To say I made it up on my own is an extreme. If all is rooted in interpretation, and this is a law, then there are certain things not subject to interpretation. This is a paradox.
Do you have a purpose in regard to this topic?
That balance is the means between extremes yet balance and imbalance are extremes thus a paradox occurs.
Lacewing

Post by Lacewing »

Eodnhoj7 wrote: Tue Jun 08, 2021 4:16 pm That balance is the means between extremes yet balance and imbalance are extremes thus a paradox occurs.
What is your purpose in interpreting extremes as evil?
Eodnhoj7

Post by Eodnhoj7 »

Lacewing wrote: Tue Jun 08, 2021 5:38 pm
Eodnhoj7 wrote: Tue Jun 08, 2021 4:16 pm That balance is the means between extremes yet balance and imbalance are extremes thus a paradox occurs.
What is your purpose in asking the question? If they are not evil then just give an interpretation as to why.
Lacewing

Post by Lacewing »

Eodnhoj7 wrote: Tue Jun 08, 2021 7:18 pm
What is your purpose in asking the question? If they are not evil then just give an interpretation as to why.
Your definition of "extreme" is ridiculously extreme... and your obsession with evil is weird.

Is extreme cold evil?
Is extreme kindness evil?
Are your extreme viewpoints evil?

Eodnhoj7

Post by Eodnhoj7 »

Lacewing wrote: Tue Jun 08, 2021 9:07 pm
Eodnhoj7 wrote: Tue Jun 08, 2021 7:18 pm
Your definition of "extreme" is ridiculously extreme... and your obsession with evil is weird.

Is extreme cold evil?
Is extreme kindness evil?
Are your extreme viewpoints evil?

Extreme cold is an absence of warmth.

Extreme kindness results as a byproduct of extreme wrongs, ie a person who was gravely wronged recieves a kindness to right the wrong.

My viewpoints are not extreme as Aristotle pointed out good is the means between extremes. Others share the same viewpoint.

Evil is an absence. Extremes are an absence. Extremes and evil share the same nature.
Lacewing

Post by Lacewing »

Eodnhoj7 wrote: Tue Jun 08, 2021 9:45 pm Evil is an absence. Extremes are an absence. Extremes and evil share the same nature.
It's all in how you look at it... along with the stories and meanings you tell yourself.
Eodnhoj7

Post by Eodnhoj7 »

Lacewing wrote: Tue Jun 08, 2021 9:51 pm
Eodnhoj7 wrote: Tue Jun 08, 2021 9:45 pm Evil is an absence. Extremes are an absence. Extremes and evil share the same nature.
It's all in how you look at it... along with the stories and meanings you tell yourself.
And if something is not how I look at it then am I wrong?
Lacewing

Post by Lacewing »

Eodnhoj7 wrote: Tue Jun 08, 2021 9:54 pm
Well, some aspects may be "wrong" and some may be "right". Some aspects may have clarity, and some may be delusional. If a person has certain rules and beliefs woven into their perspective, those will naturally skew the results.

I think that's why there can be value in a wide range of perspectives, and it seems unlikely that any sole perspective reflects absolute truth. But there sure are a lot of people who claim that they have/know such a thing. Why is that so important? It effectively limits the potential of their world/reality/experience.
Eodnhoj7

Post by Eodnhoj7 »

Lacewing wrote: Tue Jun 08, 2021 10:49 pm
Eodnhoj7 wrote: Tue Jun 08, 2021 9:54 pm
Well, some aspects may be "wrong" and some may be "right". Some aspects may have clarity, and some may be delusional. If a person has certain rules and beliefs woven into their perspective, those will naturally skew the results.

I think that's why there can be value in a wide range of perspectives, and it seems unlikely that any sole perspective reflects absolute truth. But there sure are a lot of people who claim that they have/know such a thing. Why is that so important? It effectively limits the potential of their world/reality/experience.
That is an absolute statement.
Sculptor

Post by Sculptor »

Eodnhoj7 wrote: Mon Jun 07, 2021 8:20 pm 1. The union of extremes is balance.

2. The absence of balance is an extreme to balance.

3. Balance and imbalance are extremes thus resulting in imbalance.

4. The union of balance and imbalance is being.

5. The union of extremes is being.
1. false
2. false
3. false
4. false
5. false.
Eodnhoj7

Post by Eodnhoj7 »

Sculptor wrote: Tue Jun 08, 2021 11:02 pm
Eodnhoj7 wrote: Mon Jun 07, 2021 8:20 pm 1. The union of extremes is balance.

2. The absence of balance is an extreme to balance.

3. Balance and imbalance are extremes thus resulting in imbalance.

4. The union of balance and imbalance is being.

5. The union of extremes is being.
1. false
2. false
3. false
4. false
5. false.
Someone is grumpy and has the inability to think and therefore explain their answer.
Lacewing

Post by Lacewing »

Eodnhoj7 wrote: Tue Jun 08, 2021 10:57 pm
Eodnhoj7 wrote: Tue Jun 08, 2021 9:54 pm And if something is not how I look at it then am I wrong?

Which statement is absolute? I've made several statements about what I think. I don't think any of them are like the commandments you like to lay down and assign evil to. :lol:
Eodnhoj7

Post by Eodnhoj7 »

Lacewing wrote: Wed Jun 09, 2021 1:02 am
Eodnhoj7 wrote: Tue Jun 08, 2021 10:57 pm

Which statement is absolute? I've made several statements about what I think. I don't think any of them are like the commandments you like to lay down and assign evil to. :lol:
"I think that's why there can be value in a wide range of perspectives, and it seems unlikely that any sole perspective reflects absolute truth" this is a sole perspective and claims an absolute truth.
Lacewing

Post by Lacewing »

Eodnhoj7 wrote: Wed Jun 09, 2021 1:04 am
Eodnhoj7 wrote: Tue Jun 08, 2021 10:57 pm That is an absolute statement.
"I think that's why there can be value in a wide range of perspectives, and it seems unlikely that any sole perspective reflects absolute truth" this is a sole perspective and claims an absolute truth.
Did you not see the words "it seems unlikely"?

If you want to play cop for absolute statements, you'll find plenty in the claims you make.
Eodnhoj7

Post by Eodnhoj7 »

Lacewing wrote: Wed Jun 09, 2021 1:13 am
Eodnhoj7 wrote: Wed Jun 09, 2021 1:04 am
Did you not see the words "it seems unlikely"?

If you want to play cop for absolute statements, you'll find plenty in the claims you make.
So a sole perspective can exist for the above?