The Contradiction of Void

For all things philosophical.

Moderators: AMod, iMod

owl of Minerva

Re: The Contradiction of Void

Post by owl of Minerva »

"Being is the contradiction of void. To speak of void is to speak of contradiction as one cannot speak of void as to speak of void is to speak of something thus necessitating the voiding of void. Paradox and contradiction exist as paradox and contradiction thus necessitating paradox and contradiction as existing. Existence is grounded in contradiction and paradox."
[/quote]

Existence is Existence. The contradiction and paradox; the assumption that Existence has to have a dual; an opposite; a void, is a fallacy of human reasoning which deals with contradiction and paradox. Because the intellect exists within the limits of the dualities of relativity it is not equipped to understand the non-relative; an Absolute.
Eodnhoj7

Post by Eodnhoj7 »

Sculptor wrote: Wed May 19, 2021 8:38 am
Eodnhoj7 wrote: Tue May 18, 2021 5:19 pm
Sculptor wrote: Tue May 18, 2021 8:28 am
Depends

Not always

Thingness is not the same as being

Gibberish

World salad
1. Not no action is action.
Not no action is ungrammatical.

2. To speak of void is to speak of something yet void is not something therefore a contradiction occurs.
No. To speak of void is to speak of a negative, an absence, not a contradiction.

3. A thing is being, how is a thing not being?
We hare human beings; not human things. Work it out for yourself!

4. Multiple different beings all have in common the same phenomenon of being.

5. Being is the absence of void or rather void of void. The contradiction of the "void of void" is the grounding for being as being is the void of void. Considering void is not subject to time and space, as it is Nothingness, the void of void is continuous. As continuous, it is a continuous grounding for being thus making being continuous.
Back to world salad.
1. Fair enough, "there is no no action". Still a double negative.

2. To speak of a pure absence is a contradiction as one is speaking that nothing is something.

3. I am not speaking of human beings, I am asking how a thing is not a being. A human "thing", ie that which a human does, is a being.

4. Points 4 and 5 were ignored, I will take it as an agreement.
Eodnhoj7

Post by Eodnhoj7 »

owl of Minerva wrote: Thu May 20, 2021 12:44 pm "Being is the contradiction of void. To speak of void is to speak of contradiction as one cannot speak of void as to speak of void is to speak of something thus necessitating the voiding of void. Paradox and contradiction exist as paradox and contradiction thus necessitating paradox and contradiction as existing. Existence is grounded in contradiction and paradox."

Existence is Existence. The contradiction and paradox; the assumption that Existence has to have a dual; an opposite; a void, is a fallacy of human reasoning which deals with contradiction and paradox. Because the intellect exists within the limits of the dualities of relativity it is not equipped to understand the non-relative; an Absolute.
[/quote]
"Existence is." "Existence is existence" is to speak of multiple existences thus a void between one existence and another. The dual nature of one existence is multiple existences thus a third element occur where there is just "existence(s)" (ie both unified and multiple). Non dualism necessitates and allows for being to be triadic.
Sculptor

Post by Sculptor »

Eodnhoj7 wrote: Mon May 24, 2021 11:45 pm
Eodnhoj7 wrote: Tue May 18, 2021 5:19 pm

1. Not no action is action.

2. To speak of void is to speak of something yet void is not something therefore a contradiction occurs.
No. To speak of void is to speak of a negative, an absence, not a contradiction.

3. A thing is being, how is a thing not being?

4. Multiple different beings all have in common the same phenomenon of being.

5. Being is the absence of void or rather void of void. The contradiction of the "void of void" is the grounding for being as being is the void of void. Considering void is not subject to time and space, as it is Nothingness, the void of void is continuous. As continuous, it is a continuous grounding for being thus making being continuous.
Back to world salad.

2. To speak of a pure absence is a contradiction as one is speaking that nothing is something.
Not really.
You can talk about something being subtracted or an absence. If I find that someone has borrowed a book without asking me, I can fairly say that there is a space on the shelf where it used to be. No contradiction.
If someone asked my if I have a copy of Cartland's Love in the Mist, I can say that I do not have that book. Once again, no contradiction.
So negatives can be talked about with no contradiction. When we talk about "void" we are similarly talking about an absence. Such as the negative space in Trump's skull.

3. I am not speaking of human beings, I am asking how a thing is not a being. A human "thing", ie that which a human does, is a being.
To do is to be, Nietzche; To be is to do, Satre; Do be dobe do, Sinatra.

Rocks are not beings and neither is the absence of a rock. Humans are "beings", as are animals.
Things are legion and can be absences.
No. You cannot infer an agreement from an absence, you can only infer an absence from an absence.
Advocate

Post by Advocate »

Existence is one ongoing infinite happening. It is not and does not need to be opposed by anything. If you understand the word "every" or "all" this should be a non-issue. "Not all" means less than all, not the opposite of all. #English
owl of Minerva

Post by owl of Minerva »

Eodnhoj7 wrote:

" Existence is." "Existence is existence" is to speak of multiple existences thus a void between one existence and another. The dual nature of one existence is multiple existences thus a third element occur where there is just "existence(s)" (i.e. both unified and multiple). Non dualism necessitates and allows for being to be triadic. "

(Existence); infinite and (existence) finite are not the same. The former is non-dual the latter is dual. "Non dualism necessitates and allows for being to be triadic" is true only in relation to what is about to be manifested and finite. Manifestation requires a triad, after that you can have as many multiples as you wish. According to science the beginning was simplicity, (the only window for a semi-void) the middle is complex, the end will be simplicity, (another semi-void) until everything reverts back to what is non-dual.

The triad; the three forces strong, neutral, and weak are responsible in manifestation for the organs of perception, the objects of perception and the relationship between the two. The duality occurs between the strong and weak forces, the neutral is the activating force. At the mental level it is intelligence, ego, and sense mind.
Eodnhoj7

Post by Eodnhoj7 »

Sculptor wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 9:40 am

Back to world salad.

Not really.
You can talk about something being subtracted or an absence. If I find that someone has borrowed a book without asking me, I can fairly say that there is a space on the shelf where it used to be. No contradiction.
If someone asked my if I have a copy of Cartland's Love in the Mist, I can say that I do not have that book. Once again, no contradiction.
So negatives can be talked about with no contradiction. When we talk about "void" we are similarly talking about an absence. Such as the negative space in Trump's skull.

Rocks are not beings and neither is the absence of a rock. Humans are "beings", as are animals.
No. You cannot infer an agreement from an absence, you can only infer an absence from an absence.
1. No you are not reading what I said. To speak of complete pure void, as an absence of all being (not some being), is a contradiction as to refer to a pure void is to refer to something. To refer to an absence is to refer to something that is missing thus referring to something.

2. A rock is a being as it has actions. It cracks, crumbles, grows or shrinks in size. All being is that which moves. The rock moves.

3. The exact opposite can be inferred from an absence. If I state there is no horse in the field I am stating there is such thing as a horse and this such thing as a horse must exist elsewhere. If no response of disagreement or claim of not understanding is found within an argument then the absence of disagreement or claim of not understanding infers an agreement.
Last edited by Eodnhoj7 on Tue May 25, 2021 7:34 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Eodnhoj7

Post by Eodnhoj7 »

Advocate wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 2:09 pm Existence is one ongoing infinite happening. It is not and does not need to be opposed by anything. If you understand the word "every" or "all" this should be a non-issue. "Not all" means less than all, not the opposite of all. #English
Existence is all that there is. The primary opposites of being is whether it is unified or multiplied yet these opposites exist within being.
Eodnhoj7

Post by Eodnhoj7 »

owl of Minerva wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 5:32 pm Eodnhoj7 wrote:

" Existence is." "Existence is existence" is to speak of multiple existences thus a void between one existence and another. The dual nature of one existence is multiple existences thus a third element occur where there is just "existence(s)" (i.e. both unified and multiple). Non dualism necessitates and allows for being to be triadic. "

(Existence); infinite and (existence) finite are not the same. The former is non-dual the latter is dual. "Non dualism necessitates and allows for being to be triadic" is true only in relation to what is about to be manifested and finite. Manifestation requires a triad, after that you can have as many multiples as you wish. According to science the beginning was simplicity, (the only window for a semi-void) the middle is complex, the end will be simplicity, (another semi-void) until everything reverts back to what is non-dual.

The triad; the three forces strong, neutral, and weak are responsible in manifestation for the organs of perception, the objects of perception and the relationship between the two. The duality occurs between the strong and weak forces, the neutral is the activating force. At the mental level it is intelligence, ego, and sense mind.
Finiteness is multiple infinities.

A line is composed of infinite lines. Divide the line and you have multiple lines composed of infinite lines.

The continual manifestation of being is in itself infinite. Infinity is perpetual change as the ever present "now".
Sculptor

Post by Sculptor »

Eodnhoj7 wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 6:45 pm
Sculptor wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 9:40 am

Not really.

1. No you are not reading what I said. To speak of complete pure void, as an absence of all being (not some being), is a contradiction as to refer to a pure void is to refer to something. To refer to an absence is to refer to something that is missing thus referring to something.

2. A rock is a being as it has actions. It cracks, crumbles, grows or shrinks in size. All being is that which moves. The rock moves.

3. The exact opposite can be inferred from an absence. If I state there is no horse in the field I am stating there is such thing as a horse and this such thing as a horse must exist elsewhere. If no response of disagreement or claim of not understanding is found within an argument then the absence of disagreement or claim of not understanding infers an agreement.
I think we are done here
owl of Minerva

Post by owl of Minerva »

Eodnhoj7 wrote:

"Finiteness is multiple infinities.

A line is composed of infinite lines. Divide the line and you have multiple lines composed of infinite lines.

The continual manifestation of being is in itself infinite. Infinity is perpetual change as the ever present "now". "
............................................................................................................................

Based on the above you saying nothing is finite; what is perceived as finite is in reality infinite. If so you are making a metaphysical statement, that the finite is an expression of infinity and in an ultimate sense owes its existence to it, is a part of it as a nightly dream is a part of and owes its existence to the dreamer. It may the case but that is not a matter for discussion, as it is not based on shared experience, perception, or scientific understanding.

Based on scientific understanding the universe has a beginning, a middle, and it will have an ultimate end. The existence of a void is problematic: A beginning; something from nothing, the middle under the aegis of the three forces, certainly not a void, and a surmised end, which would only be a void if something is annihilated before going back to being nothing.

At the level of experience, perception, and scientific understanding, and what possible new discoveries might be forthcoming, the question of Void is pertinent. Metaphysics and revelation come under a different category.
Eodnhoj7

Post by Eodnhoj7 »

owl of Minerva wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 9:41 pm Eodnhoj7 wrote:

"Finiteness is multiple infinities.

The continual manifestation of being is in itself infinite. Infinity is perpetual change as the ever present "now". "
............................................................................................................................

Based on the above you saying nothing is finite; what is perceived as finite is in reality infinite. If so you are making a metaphysical statement, that the finite is an expression of infinity and in an ultimate sense owes its existence to it, is a part of it as a nightly dream is a part of and owes its existence to the dreamer. It may the case but that is not a matter for discussion, as it is not based on shared experience, perception, or scientific understanding.

Based on scientific understanding the universe has a beginning, a middle, and it will have an ultimate end. The existence of a void is problematic: A beginning; something from nothing, the middle under the aegis of the three forces, certainly not a void, and a surmised end, which would only be a void if something is annihilated before going back to being nothing.

At the level of experience, perception, and scientific understanding, and what possible new discoveries might be forthcoming, the question of Void is pertinent. Metaphysics and revelation come under a different category.
Reality is a series of replicating forms.

Take the "Y" form as "branching" for example. The branching form occurs through trees, plants, rivers, streams, nerves, blood vessels, capillaries, lighting, cracks in a rock, etc. It is one from multiplied through a variety of contexts. One seperates one context from another is void, as the absence of one context within another.

The branching form is infinite as it continually changes and this change occurs through void. One context of the branching Inverts to another context in which it exists. Each context as distinct seperates each context through the absence of one context into another.

Void, as that which seperates, is the point of distinction.

This distinction occurs at the beginning of these changes, it occurs through the middle of the changes of context as each context progresses to another, and it occurs at the end of the context as the beginning point of change to a newer context.
simplicity

Post by simplicity »

Eodnhoj7 wrote: Wed May 26, 2021 12:13 amReality is a series of replicating forms.

Take the "Y" form as "branching" for example. The branching form occurs through trees, plants, rivers, streams, nerves, blood vessels, capillaries, lighting, cracks in a rock, etc. It is one from multiplied through a variety of contexts. One seperates one context from another is void, as the absence of one context within another.

The branching form is infinite as it continually changes and this change occurs through void. One context of the branching Inverts to another context in which it exists. Each context as distinct separates each context through the absence of one context into another.

Void, as that which separates, is the point of distinction.

This distinction occurs at the beginning of these changes, it occurs through the middle of the changes of context as each context progresses to another, and it occurs at the end of the context as the beginning point of change to a newer context.
The Void is not meant to be understood intellectually. It can only be realized [experienced].
Eodnhoj7

Post by Eodnhoj7 »

simplicity wrote: Wed May 26, 2021 5:27 pm
Eodnhoj7 wrote: Wed May 26, 2021 12:13 amReality is a series of replicating forms.

The branching form is infinite as it continually changes and this change occurs through void. One context of the branching Inverts to another context in which it exists. Each context as distinct separates each context through the absence of one context into another.

Void, as that which separates, is the point of distinction.

The Void is not meant to be understood intellectually. It can only be realized [experienced].
Void is the absence of concepts.
Advocate

Post by Advocate »

Every time i gaze into the void, the void turns away and whimpers, sobbing softly.