For all things philosophical.

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Immanuel Can

Re: Alternative Globalisation

Post by Immanuel Can »

DPMartin wrote: Wed Apr 28, 2021 5:59 pm
Immanuel Can wrote: Wed Apr 28, 2021 4:40 pm
DPMartin wrote: Wed Apr 28, 2021 4:28 pm

sorry, don't follow, "Great Judgment" was not found in scripture.
Look in the passages I pointed out above.

It's obvious you didn't. Otherwise, you wouldn't say that.

Here's an obvious one:

" Then I saw a great white throne and Him who sat upon it, from whose presence earth and heaven fled, and no place was found for them. And I saw the dead, the great and the small, standing before the throne, and books were opened; and another book was opened, which is the book of life; and the dead were judged from the things which were written in the books, according to their deeds. And the sea gave up the dead who were in it, and Death and Hades gave up the dead who were in them; and they were judged, each one of them according to their deeds. Then Death and Hades were thrown into the lake of fire. This is the second death, the lake of fire. And if anyone’s name was not found written in the book of life, he was thrown into the lake of fire." (Rev.20:11-15)

Sounds like one Great Judgment to me.
...because of who's judgement? God's or yours?
"Him who sat upon it." (V. 11)
1Co 3:14  If any man's work abide which he hath built thereupon, he shall receive a reward. 
1Co 3:15  If any man's work shall be burned, he shall suffer loss: but he himself shall be saved; yet so as by fire
That's the other "judgment" mentioned in Scripture (there are two, designated by different Greek words, actually). This one's called "the (Gk.) bema," which the Great White Throne never is; and it's a prize-giving judgment, only for Christians. At it, "reward" and "loss" are involved, but the destiny of the soul is not in question. Here's a chart comparing the two. https://www.davidjeremiah.org/age-of-si ... -of-christ.

Which one you go to depends on what you do now. As Jesus Himself said of Himself, "The one who believes in Him is not judged; the one who does not believe has been judged already, because he has not believed in the name of the only Son of God." (John 3:18)
DPMartin

Post by DPMartin »

Immanuel Can wrote: Wed Apr 28, 2021 7:48 pm
DPMartin wrote: Wed Apr 28, 2021 5:59 pm
Immanuel Can wrote: Wed Apr 28, 2021 4:40 pm
Look in the passages I pointed out above.

It's obvious you didn't. Otherwise, you wouldn't say that.

Here's an obvious one:

" Then I saw a great white throne and Him who sat upon it, from whose presence earth and heaven fled, and no place was found for them. And I saw the dead, the great and the small, standing before the throne, and books were opened; and another book was opened, which is the book of life; and the dead were judged from the things which were written in the books, according to their deeds. And the sea gave up the dead who were in it, and Death and Hades gave up the dead who were in them; and they were judged, each one of them according to their deeds. Then Death and Hades were thrown into the lake of fire. This is the second death, the lake of fire. And if anyone’s name was not found written in the book of life, he was thrown into the lake of fire." (Rev.20:11-15)

Sounds like one Great Judgment to me.
...because of who's judgement? God's or yours?
"Him who sat upon it." (V. 11)
1Co 3:14  If any man's work abide which he hath built thereupon, he shall receive a reward. 
1Co 3:15  If any man's work shall be burned, he shall suffer loss: but he himself shall be saved; yet so as by fire
That's the other "judgment" mentioned in Scripture (there are two, designated by different Greek words, actually). This one's called "the (Gk.) bema," which the Great White Throne never is; and it's a prize-giving judgment, only for Christians. At it, "reward" and "loss" are involved, but the destiny of the soul is not in question. Here's a chart comparing the two. https://www.davidjeremiah.org/age-of-si ... -of-christ.

Which one you go to depends on what you do now. As Jesus Himself said of Himself, "The one who believes in Him is not judged; the one who does not believe has been judged already, because he has not believed in the name of the only Son of God." (John 3:18)
hah, i see you think to know more about Greek then the translators now, is it? really? your fav white throne event says all doesn't it? those in the book, and those not in the book of life, that would be all, all are judged under the same, the law of faith. no other required.

it seems you have the same habit most of so called Christians have, you read what you believe (in this case what people you trust tell you to believe about what scripture says, like the serpent did with Eve in the case of God's Word) instead of believing what you read in the case of the bible.
Immanuel Can

Post by Immanuel Can »

DPMartin wrote: Thu Apr 29, 2021 4:06 pm hah, i see you think to know more about Greek then the translators now, is it?
I don't have to, though in point of fact, I've done translation, and I know how it works.

But you don't have to take my word for it. A very simple online tool like this one will show you I'm totally right about the bema https://biblehub.com/text/2_corinthians/5-10.htm and the Great White Throne https://biblehub.com/text/revelation/20-11.htm.
it seems you have the same habit most of so called Christians have, you read what you believe (in this case what people you trust tell you to believe about what scripture says, like the serpent did with Eve in the case of God's Word) instead of believing what you read in the case of the bible.
Check the sites above. You'll see that I'm absolutely right, and you're actually quite wrong. I'm telling you exactly what the manuscripts say. See for yourself, don't take my word for it.

I don't know where you're getting your information -- from reading too quickly and without enough comparison, or from somebody who has told you things that aren't correct: but check the Greek and you'll find out: I'm not lying to you, I'm trying to tell you the truth.