Racial Alternatives

For all things philosophical.

Moderators: AMod, iMod

RWStanding

Racial Alternatives

Post by RWStanding »

Racial Alternatives
There is a simple question that needs answering.
What are the four alternative forms of society or non-society, that relate to culture and race.
Terrapin Station

Re: Racial Alternatives

Post by Terrapin Station »

RWStanding wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 1:57 pm Racial Alternatives
What are the four alternative forms of society or non-society, that relate to culture and race.
The one I'm in favor of is "how about everyone stop thinking about anything in terms of race"?
vegetariantaxidermy

Post by vegetariantaxidermy »

Terrapin Station wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 4:08 pm
The one I'm in favor of is "how about everyone stop thinking about anything in terms of race"?
They essentially have. 'Culture and religion' have replaced the word 'race'. Ever heard someone being called a 'racist' for criticising islam and its horrible customs? Now we have 'hate speech' laws that prohibit criticism of 'special, protected' groups eg. gargantuan religions with billions of followers... So 'helpless and powerless'...
I'd love to see a world devoid of 'culture' (bad habits based on superstition and lack of empathy towards our fellow animals), leaders, and religion-- with a well-educated public and where the major decisions are made by scientists and referendums.
Last edited by vegetariantaxidermy on Sat Apr 10, 2021 11:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sculptor

Post by Sculptor »

I'll go with that.
Terrapin Station

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 11:05 pm They essentially have. 'Culture and religion' have replaced the word 'race'.
I'd say that's all become conflated as the same thing. This is exacerbated by the fact that the whole idea of "race" has little merit in the first place.
Ever heard someone being called a 'racist' for criticising islam and its horrible customs?
Yes, all the time.
vegetariantaxidermy

Terrapin Station wrote: Sun Apr 11, 2021 12:23 pm
Ever heard someone being called a 'racist' for criticising islam and its horrible customs?
Yes, all the time.
Exactly.
Terrapin Station

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Sun Apr 11, 2021 7:33 pm
Terrapin Station wrote: Sun Apr 11, 2021 12:23 pm
Yes, all the time.
Exactly.
Then so how is that not "racial"? (There's no sense of "racial" that's not a mess conceptually, by the way.)
vegetariantaxidermy

Co founder of ''Black lives matter'' is a true 'woke progressive' of the highest order. She doesn't care about 'colour' at all, which is why she has just bought four high end properties in predominantly 'white' neighbourhoods. I am sure that all the wokies who have donated a hundred million dollars to her movement will be overjoyed that she is putting the money to such good use. Her love of Marxism is borne out by the fact that ALL the people in the neighbourhoods she has purchases houses in are rich. That's true equality...

Cullors identifies as queer. In 2016, she married Janaya Khan, a social activist who co-founded Black Lives Matter Toronto.

In 2021, Cullors purchased a home in Topanga Canyon, west of Los Angeles, for more than $1.4 million dollars. Regarding this, Black Enterprise commented that cullors is "under fire for allegedly going on a real-estate buying binge where she purchased four high-end homes, with some being in wealthy predominately white neighborhoods". Hawk Newsome, head of Black Lives Matter Greater New York City, called for an investigation, and the conservative National Legal and Policy Center said "Whenever a figure in the nonprofit sector acquires significant assets in a short period of time, scrutiny is inevitable"
DPMartin

Post by DPMartin »

the news and social media you believe in and trust, won't let you.
RCSaunders

Post by RCSaunders »

Sculptor wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 11:20 pm
Terrapin Station wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 4:08 pm The one I'm in favor of is "how about everyone stop thinking about anything in terms of race"?
I'll go with that.
Wow! Two in a row I agree with.

I'd only add, stop identifying anyone in terms of any collective--race, ethnicity, nationality, or whatever characteristics they are born with or who their relatives are and treat everyone as the individual they choose to be.
RCSaunders

Post by RCSaunders »

DPMartin wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 4:11 pm the news and social media you believe in and trust, won't let you.
Nobody makes you listen to them. Why do you?
Sculptor

Post by Sculptor »

Ethnicity, genderism, nationalism and other forms of tribalism and "group think" is at best vanity and at worse a ball and chain.
Diversity and multiculturalism is all very well, but when you make the purpose of your life an urge to follow arbitrary and perceived differences that you share with others then this is a recipe for racial, and other sorts of conflict.

Integration on the other hand is a move to cherish the things humans share rather than what separated them. Surely that is where the future has to lie
DPMartin

Post by DPMartin »

RCSaunders wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 5:44 pm
DPMartin wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 4:11 pm the news and social media you believe in and trust, won't let you.
Nobody makes you listen to them. Why do you?
did i say i did?
Immanuel Can

Post by Immanuel Can »

A big thumbs up. Right on.
vegetariantaxidermy

RCSaunders wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 5:43 pm
Sculptor wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 11:20 pm
Terrapin Station wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 4:08 pm The one I'm in favor of is "how about everyone stop thinking about anything in terms of race"?
I'll go with that.
Wow! Two in a row I agree with.

I'd only add, stop identifying anyone in terms of any collective--race, ethnicity, nationality, or whatever characteristics they are born with or who their relatives are and treat everyone as the individual they choose to be.
Shows how little you understand about the human condition, or maths, or physics...
Humans are not individuals any more than ants are. Good luck with eliminating every kind of collective mentality in humans.