Naturism.

For all things philosophical.

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Veganman

Naturism.

Post by Veganman »

Does anyone have any philosophical thoughts on the subject/lifestyle of naturism?
Gary Childress

Re: Naturism.

Post by Gary Childress »

Yes. If one is a male, how does one walk around a nudist colony without getting an embarrassing erection? Just curious.
FlashDangerpants

Post by FlashDangerpants »

Viagara, don't get embarassed, stand proud!
Gary Childress

Post by Gary Childress »

FlashDangerpants wrote: Mon Mar 22, 2021 2:47 pm Viagara, don't get embarassed, stand proud!
Is there such a thing as "sexual harassment" at a nudist colony, though? That's what worries me.
Veganman

Post by Veganman »

I guess it depends on your age and sex drive as to whether you get an embarrassing erection or not, but generally men can control themselves. In respect of sexual harassment I would say this goes on quite a lot. My wife is always careful where she goes and who she goes with, as all women should be. However, getting back to the more philosophical aspects, we find that people are often nicer to one another in a natural environment where there are even less barriers than normal. Getting back to nature seems to return many people to a more respectful and moral form of behaviour.
Gary Childress

Post by Gary Childress »

Veganman wrote: Mon Mar 22, 2021 4:19 pm I guess it depends on your age and sex drive as to whether you get an embarrassing erection or not, but generally men can control themselves. In respect of sexual harassment I would say this goes on quite a lot. My wife is always careful where she goes and who she goes with, as all women should be. However, getting back to the more philosophical aspects, we find that people are often nicer to one another in a natural environment where there are even less barriers than normal. Getting back to nature seems to return many people to a more respectful and moral form of behaviour.
Interesting. I never knew that about nudism. Thanks for the enlightenment on the topic.
vegetariantaxidermy

Post by vegetariantaxidermy »

Why is it called 'naturist'? Humans have clothed themselves since prehistoric times. We simply aren't equipped naturally for the elements. Being clothed is natural for humans. Why do nudists always come across as so weird and creepy? I couldn't think of anything worse than being around a bunch of smelly weird naked people. Sounds like a nightmare. :mrgreen:
Conde Lucanor

Post by Conde Lucanor »

Veganman wrote: Sun Mar 21, 2021 3:37 pm Does anyone have any philosophical thoughts on the subject/lifestyle of naturism?
I don't see why they would call it naturism instead of plain nudism. Naturism seems to imply the notion that they are "more natural" than the rest of people, but that's evidently a naive illusion.
Sculptor

Post by Sculptor »

Veganman wrote: Sun Mar 21, 2021 3:37 pm Does anyone have any philosophical thoughts on the subject/lifestyle of naturism?
Let your dingle dangle?
Sculptor

Post by Sculptor »

Gary Childress wrote: Mon Mar 22, 2021 2:25 pm Yes. If one is a male, how does one walk around a nudist colony without getting an embarrassing erection? Just curious.
It does not happen. I've been told that it can happen to newcomers (no pun intended), but does not last.

As an artist I've sculpted many nude women. I never found it a problem, though I thought I might. After 30 seconds you just adjust to the situation that you know is not about sex. Naturism, I imagine is much the same thing.
Sculptor

Post by Sculptor »

Gary Childress wrote: Mon Mar 22, 2021 2:50 pm
FlashDangerpants wrote: Mon Mar 22, 2021 2:47 pm Viagara, don't get embarassed, stand proud!
Is there such a thing as "sexual harassment" at a nudist colony, though? That's what worries me.
You are an odd person. ANd that is a dumb question.
Sexual Harrassment happens without regard to nudity
Veganman

Post by Veganman »

I would agree with you sculptor, not that I've had any experience of sculpting, or being an artist for that matter. However, I have taken photos of nude women and what I found was that if the photos were intended to be artistic, which mine were, and usually in black and white, there was no problem. However, if they are in some way sexual, then there is a problem. I have heard the same story from artists, some of whom are very professional. I guess the answer then is that what's natural and intended to be innocent, such as naturism and art, doesn't generally cause problematic arousals, unlike the intentions of anything otherwise.
Gary Childress

Post by Gary Childress »

Sculptor wrote: Sat Oct 02, 2021 11:45 pm
Gee thanks...
vegetariantaxidermy

Post by vegetariantaxidermy »

Gary Childress wrote: Sun Oct 03, 2021 12:38 pm

Gee thanks...
At least you didn't apologise, which shows 'some' progress I suppose... :roll:
Sculptor

Post by Sculptor »

Gary Childress wrote: Sun Oct 03, 2021 12:38 pm

Gee thanks...
So, why does it "worry" you? Is it worry for others, or were you thinking of getting involved?