For all things philosophical.

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Advocate

Re: Don't be shy

Post by Advocate »

[quote="Gary Childress" post_id=503331 time=1616258497 user_id=6477]
[quote=Advocate post_id=503321 time=1616253109 user_id=15238]
[quote="Gary Childress" post_id=502851 time=1615980749 user_id=6477]
Are there any real philosophers here today? The world hangs in balance as the superpowers ramp up their military might. Who here will stand up to preserve the entire world? Who here will declare their allegiance to humanity? Don't be shy.
[/quote]

I declare my allegiance to post-humanity.
[/quote]

Fair choice. Perhaps, humanity needs to declare allegiance to something bigger than ourselves. I don't know.
[/quote]

Whatever we goods we've worked out so far are clearly insufficient. Enlightenment values never really stuck.

My meaning of life is to be fulfilled in making everything perfect for everyone. ..it's a direction, not a destination.
Gary Childress

Post by Gary Childress »

Advocate wrote: Sat Mar 20, 2021 6:12 pm
Gary Childress wrote: Sat Mar 20, 2021 5:41 pm
Advocate wrote: Sat Mar 20, 2021 4:11 pm I declare my allegiance to post-humanity.
Fair choice. Perhaps, humanity needs to declare allegiance to something bigger than ourselves. I don't know.
Whatever we goods we've worked out so far are clearly insufficient. Enlightenment values never really stuck.

My meaning of life is to be fulfilled in making everything perfect for everyone. ..it's a direction, not a destination.
I'm not sure I follow. I call us "humanity." Perhaps I should call us "homo sapiens sapiens" or whatever it is you wish to call us. But what I refer to by "humanity" I believe is a real entity. But maybe deep ecology is the truer route? I mean, I would never destroy all creation out of spite, however, I would like to see humanity continue to flourish. If we are to die off, I'd rather see it of natural causes and not by our own hands. the latter seems outright sinister to me.

Post by Age »

Gary Childress wrote: Fri Mar 19, 2021 9:53 pm
Age wrote: Fri Mar 19, 2021 9:31 pm
Gary Childress wrote: Fri Mar 19, 2021 1:57 am

I mean, we collectively as a country, that includes our leaders.
LOL "as a country".

So, " we should fight as, and for, a 'country' against the 'enemy' ", correct?

LOL and this thread was MEANT TO BE about the 'preservation of humanity'. Talk about being BLINDED.
No. I'm saying we need to stop a war, "collectively as a country including our leaders."
What are you saying "No" to here?

What 'war' are you talking about that needs to be stopped?

And, if you want to 'preserve humanity', then you need to stop think about 'collectively' in terms of 'country' and start thinking in terms of EVERY one.

Post by Age »

Gary Childress wrote: Fri Mar 19, 2021 9:59 pm
Age wrote: Fri Mar 19, 2021 9:16 pm
Gary Childress wrote: Thu Mar 18, 2021 7:55 pm

Let's make it clear. If it comes down to me being a slave versus preservation of the species. I am not so vile, arrogant and selfish as to place my freedom (not even my life, mind you) before the preservation of the human race. Anyone who thinks otherwise should be ashamed. Good God, people!!!!
LOL

Do you seriously expect us to believe that 'you', "gary childress", do NOT have a 'love of money' and follow and pursue, and thus are slave to, that love?

Do you really expect us to believe that 'you' put humanity and all future generations BEFORE your 'love of money'?

Do you really expect us to even consider that 'you' are NOT a greedy and selfish individual?

If you are, then your expectations are completely out of line of what is REALLY happening.

What do you think causes the depletion of resources, which the earth NEEDS to sustain life on itself?

If it is NOT 'you', "gary childress", and your 'fellow' adult human beings, then who or what else is causing the lead up to destruction of the human race?

If 'you', "gary childress and your fellow adult friends", in the day and age when this was written, really believe that 'you' are doing your part to 'preserve' humanity, human kind, or the human race, then 'you' are all, even far more deluded than I had first realized.
Do you ever look in a mirror? I know I do.
You may look in a mirror, and see what you WANT to see. But I was just pointing out and highlighting the REAL 'you'.

Post by Age »

Gary Childress wrote: Fri Mar 19, 2021 10:01 pm
Age wrote: Fri Mar 19, 2021 8:55 pm
Gary Childress wrote: Wed Mar 17, 2021 10:08 pm

Would you fight armageddon if you had the opportunity to decline it?
But 'armegeddon' is for the good of humanity, and the "world" at large. So, WHY would anyone want to fight against argmageddon?
I don't know Age. I wonder why anyone would be against complete destruction of the human race? Maybe your infinitely wise mind has the answer?
LOL

But the word 'armageddon' is NOT about the "complete destruction of the human race". In fact the EXACT OPPOSITE is True.

Post by Age »

Gary Childress wrote: Fri Mar 19, 2021 10:02 pm
Age wrote: Fri Mar 19, 2021 9:20 pm
Gary Childress wrote: Thu Mar 18, 2021 8:14 pm

Good! In this time of crisis, enjoy the "Favorite movie scenes" thread!
LOL What 'crisis'?

What is 'it', which you appear to be "seeing" but 'we' can NOT?
Have you been reading the news lately?
What you read is NOT necessarily what I read.

SO, what news have you been reading lately?

Also, why do you not just clearly express what 'it' is that you want us to SEE?
Gary Childress

Post by Gary Childress »

I apologize for my outburst on the forum. Political news is driving me insane.
Walker

Post by Walker »

Sounds like the suggestion window is open. Topic, whacky news.

IMO, strip down complex opinions to simple principles expressed with simple reasoning. Once you know them simply, then all the complex world events will rebuild in an ordered alignment with the root of truth revealed by simplicity. If too many conflicts between reality and what you see appear, then be open to refocusing understanding of principles, and know the obstacles to openness and refocusing.

For example: identify a news story as good, evil, or just irritating, and why. Once you get the hang of it you can apply the skill to why some postings are like a burr under Trigger's saddle.

If you like alto saxophone you’ll like this effect, if not don’t bother:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5EQzk75s61E

Note: the rewording window is closed.
Be right back, eventually.
Walker

Post by Walker »

Gary Childress wrote: Sun Mar 21, 2021 5:26 am I apologize for my outburst on the forum. Political news is driving me insane.
Keywords: Wrathful Deities, Wrathful Guardian, Protector.

Key concept: Jesus and the money-changers in the temple.
Gary Childress

Post by Gary Childress »

Walker wrote: Mon Mar 22, 2021 7:34 am
Gary Childress wrote: Sun Mar 21, 2021 5:26 am I apologize for my outburst on the forum. Political news is driving me insane.

I guess you are right. Heck if I know anything. I haven't read much at all of the Bible.
Walker

Post by Walker »

Gary Childress wrote: Mon Mar 22, 2021 2:19 pm
Walker wrote: Mon Mar 22, 2021 7:34 am

I guess you are right. Heck if I know anything. I haven't read much at all of the Bible.
Ergo, the truth is self-protected.