Prove An Independent Reality-in-Itself Exists

For all things philosophical.

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Skepdick

Re: Prove An Independent Reality-in-Itself Exists

Post by Skepdick »

Terrapin Station wrote: Sun Apr 11, 2021 1:34 pm Well and he would have to be able to not come across like a crank who can't grasp what other folks are talking about in a given context.
That's ironic and hilarious at the same time. You repetitively fail to contextualise your very own words.

You keep avoiding ALL contextualisation:
* What is the point of your point?
* What is the utility of the words that you speak?
* What problem are you addressing/solving?
* What is the philosophy of Philosophy?
* Why are you philosophising about THAT?
* Who is this important to and why? (other than yourself?)

Philosophy without technical input is sophistry, technical developments without philosophy end up answering questions of no interest.
Last edited by Skepdick on Sun Apr 11, 2021 1:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Skepdick

Post by Skepdick »

tillingborn wrote: Sun Apr 11, 2021 1:37 pm He takes himself very seriously.
I do ? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

You think the guy who's satirising all philosophy is taking himself very seriously?

How have you determined that? Projection?
tillingborn

Post by tillingborn »

Skepdick wrote: Sun Apr 11, 2021 1:32 pmApparently scientists don't sound like scientists, but I must sound like non-scientist.
You're going too fast for yourself. People who make a point of sounding like scientists, don't sound like scientists. Your posts are full of gibberish that anyone who has read a few wikipedia pages might think sounds authoritative, but that no actual scientist would say.
tillingborn

Post by tillingborn »

Skepdick wrote: Sun Apr 11, 2021 1:38 pmYou think the guy who's satirising all philosophy is taking himself very seriously?
Ah, you think "Dumb! Fucking! Philosopher!" is satire. That is not what anyone who isn't an incel with anger issues calls satire.
Skepdick

Post by Skepdick »

tillingborn wrote: Sun Apr 11, 2021 1:54 pm
Skepdick wrote: Sun Apr 11, 2021 1:32 pmApparently scientists don't sound like scientists, but I must sound like non-scientist.
You're going too fast for yourself. People who make a point of sounding like scientists, don't sound like scientists. Your posts are full of gibberish that anyone who has read a few wikipedia pages might think sounds authoritative, but that no actual scientist would say.
I see. So you must have some normative idea of what scientists would and wouldn't say.

Tell us all about it.
Skepdick

Post by Skepdick »

tillingborn wrote: Sun Apr 11, 2021 1:59 pm Ah, you think "Dumb! Fucking! Philosopher!" is satire. That is not what anyone who isn't an incel with anger issues calls satire.
Only people with huge egos wouldn't find that satirical.
Terrapin Station

Post by Terrapin Station »

tillingborn wrote: Sun Apr 11, 2021 1:54 pm
That's a good example of the fact that every post of his basically rests on not quite understanding what someone else said. He thought that you were saying that scientists don't sound like scientists, lol. His reading comprehension is really poor, which is exacerbated by just how much of a genius he believes he is. That gets in the way of working on one's reading comprehension, because one won't believe that one can misread anything.
Skepdick

Post by Skepdick »

Terrapin Station wrote: Sun Apr 11, 2021 2:05 pm That's a good example of the fact that every post of his basically rests on not quite understanding what someone else said. He thought that you were saying that scientists don't sound like scientists, lol. His reading comprehension is really poor, which is exacerbated by just how much of a genius he believes he is. That gets in the way of working on one's reading comprehension, because one won't believe that one can misread anything.
Silly Philosopher.

Do you even understand what it means to understand?

The word "genius" is not a word I would use to describe myself. I constantly call myself "stupid" and "idiot". But hey - describe me however you see fit.
You are still playing the social status/ad hominem game.
Last edited by Skepdick on Sun Apr 11, 2021 2:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
tillingborn

Post by tillingborn »

Skepdick wrote: Sun Apr 11, 2021 1:59 pmSo you must have some normative idea of what scientists would and wouldn't say.
Not really; I just happen to know a few scientists.
Skepdick

Post by Skepdick »

tillingborn wrote: Sun Apr 11, 2021 2:09 pm Not really; I just happen to know a few scientists.
And what makes you categorize them as "scientists"?

If you going to appeal to academic credentials/publication - perhaps you should examine the circularity of your assumptions...
Last edited by Skepdick on Sun Apr 11, 2021 2:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
tillingborn

Post by tillingborn »

Skepdick wrote: Sun Apr 11, 2021 2:00 pm
tillingborn wrote: Sun Apr 11, 2021 1:59 pm Ah, you think "Dumb! Fucking! Philosopher!" is satire. That is not what anyone who isn't an incel with anger issues calls satire.
Only people with huge egos wouldn't find that satirical.
So incel with anger issues and a huge ego. You must be a magnet for the ladies.
tillingborn

Post by tillingborn »

Skepdick wrote: Sun Apr 11, 2021 2:08 pm I constantly call myself "stupid" and "idiot". But hey - describe me however you see fit.
Those work for me.
Skepdick

Post by Skepdick »

tillingborn wrote: Sun Apr 11, 2021 2:12 pm So incel with anger issues and a huge ego. You must be a magnet for the ladies.
My wife and children are an anti-magnet.

(aaaaah, there goes the incel hypothesis wah wah wah! Try again)
Last edited by Skepdick on Sun Apr 11, 2021 2:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Skepdick

Post by Skepdick »

tillingborn wrote: Sun Apr 11, 2021 2:14 pm Those work for me.
I hope so.

And I hope "stupider idiot" works for you.
Terrapin Station

Post by Terrapin Station »

tillingborn wrote: Sun Apr 11, 2021 2:14 pm
Skepdick wrote: Sun Apr 11, 2021 2:08 pm I constantly call myself "stupid" and "idiot". But hey - describe me however you see fit.
Those work for me.
The "Socratic conceit" from him. Now there's something novel . . . not.