Xi Dingdong

For all things philosophical.

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Gary Childress

Xi Dingdong

Post by Gary Childress »

Good one Xi Ping. Rattle your fucking saber threatening Taiwan and then claim "security concerns." Gee, I wonder why Xi Ping has "security concerns?" I'm sure threatening other countries doesn't have anything to do with it. Do the people of China really buy that crap?

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/ch ... d=msedgdhp
DPMartin

Re: Xi Dingdong

Post by DPMartin »

Gary Childress wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 9:24 pm Good one Xi Ping. Rattle your fucking saber threatening Taiwan and then claim "security concerns." Gee, I wonder why Xi Ping has "security concerns?" I'm sure threatening other countries doesn't have anything to do with it. Do the people of China really buy that crap?

why do you ask them rather then promote media propaganda
Gary Childress

Post by Gary Childress »

DPMartin wrote: Wed Mar 10, 2021 5:05 pm
Gary Childress wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 9:24 pm Good one Xi Ping. Rattle your fucking saber threatening Taiwan and then claim "security concerns." Gee, I wonder why Xi Ping has "security concerns?" I'm sure threatening other countries doesn't have anything to do with it. Do the people of China really buy that crap?

Well, if China isn't threatening Taiwan, then what is the problem with China? Why is everyone so against them? Are you saying that the media is wrong and that China isn't threatening Taiwan?
DPMartin

Post by DPMartin »

Gary Childress wrote: Wed Mar 17, 2021 6:14 am

Well, if China isn't threatening Taiwan, then what is the problem with China? Why is everyone so against them? Are you saying that the media is wrong and that China isn't threatening Taiwan?
isn't Taiwan, officially the Republic of China? then its china's prerogative to do as they please with Taiwan. therefore other than Taiwan, who cares. media's creating controversy where there isn't one.

media acts like we should think something should be done, then if the US does, they calmer allover every move the US makes to create controversy in that.
Gary Childress

Post by Gary Childress »

DPMartin wrote: Wed Mar 17, 2021 4:24 pm

isn't Taiwan, officially the Republic of China? then its china's prerogative to do as they please with Taiwan. therefore other than Taiwan, who cares. media's creating controversy where there isn't one.

media acts like we should think something should be done, then if the US does, they calmer allover every move the US makes to create controversy in that.
I would think if the people of Taiwan want to be part of China, then that's up to them. I have no problem with the people of Taiwan peacefully and democratically volunteering to subsume themselves under the current rulers of China, if that's what they want. Otherwise, China is in the wrong. And if they are in the wrong, then let the world see it loud and clear.
henry quirk

Post by henry quirk »

China is in the wrong...

...about a whole whack of things.

It's a slaver-state. By definition it can't be right about anything.
Gary Childress

Post by Gary Childress »

henry quirk wrote: Wed Mar 17, 2021 6:12 pm China is in the wrong...

And we've gone pummeling headlong into the Middle East with a sledgehammer and wrecking ball, so let a true saint speak out against China's treatment of its own people. The quote you've taken out of context refers to an invasion of Taiwan.
henry quirk

Post by henry quirk »

Gary Childress wrote: Wed Mar 17, 2021 6:15 pm
henry quirk wrote: Wed Mar 17, 2021 6:12 pm China is in the wrong...

And we've gone pummeling headlong into the Middle East with a sledgehammer and wrecking ball, so let a true saint speak out against China's treatment of its own people. The quote you've taken out of context refers to an invasion of Taiwan.
Yeah, the US is no saint, but we're tryin, Ringo, we're tryin' real hard. As I told someone, in-forum, recently: America is schizophrenic, has been for a long time. We're an unruly people livin' on a big, unbroken piece of land. We spread out, go our own ways, develop our own thinkings, and get surly when told what to do by them folks over there in the next town, the next state, in Washington, or across the waters. We're arrogant. We expect our neighbors to acknowledge our glories and we're truly confused that so many don't. We think we're the good guys (and, for the most part, we are), but we're not the only good guys. We expect to be given the lead in everything when we'd do better leadin' by example alone.

My point: one doesn't' have to be saintly to be good, and good men ought to speak out (good men, free men, also ought not do business with slavers...we ought to sever all ties with China, not merely sanction them).

The invasion of Taiwan is a slaver's act. You can focus on it: I prefer to focus on the overall evil.
Gary Childress

Post by Gary Childress »

henry quirk wrote: Wed Mar 17, 2021 6:47 pm I prefer to focus on the overall evil.
Look no further than within your own heart and soul Henry. It's there if you really want to find it. But I don't recommend it. I say that from experience.

PS. Sorry to "lecture you" but I know of no other way to get you to say you don't want a war. And that's all I want to hear. So that I can be reassured that you are human being and not the flesh and blood equivalent of a chatbot.

AND If you recall you used to guide me along with, "no, you're right" about there being only two genders (when I was in the discussion about it). So I allowed you to guide me. Would you reciprocate in the darkest of hours? We need people to stand for peace.
henry quirk

Post by henry quirk »

Gary Childress wrote: Wed Mar 17, 2021 7:49 pm
henry quirk wrote: Wed Mar 17, 2021 6:47 pm I prefer to focus on the overall evil.
Look no further than within your own heart and soul Henry. It's there if you really want to find it. But I don't recommend it. I say that from experience.

PS. Sorry to "lecture you" but I know of no other way to get you to say you don't want a war. And that's all I want to hear. So that I can be reassured that you are human being and not the flesh and blood equivalent of a chatbot.

AND If you recall you used to guide me along with, "no, you're right" about there being only two genders (when I was in the discussion about it). So I allowed you to guide me. Would you reciprocate in the darkest of hours? We need people to stand for peace.
I don't want war, Gary.

That and a buck fifty might get me a cup of coffee.

Your turn: how do we avoid it?
Gary Childress

Post by Gary Childress »

henry quirk wrote: Wed Mar 17, 2021 8:03 pm

I don't want war, Gary.

I already told you how we avoid it. Did you forget already? And take away the "buck fifty" garbage. You're trying to weasle your way out of a commitment. I want committed philosophers. Not Dilettantes.
DPMartin

Post by DPMartin »

Gary Childress wrote: Wed Mar 17, 2021 5:19 pm

I would think if the people of Taiwan want to be part of China, then that's up to them. I have no problem with the people of Taiwan peacefully and democratically volunteering to subsume themselves under the current rulers of China, if that's what they want. Otherwise, China is in the wrong. And if they are in the wrong, then let the world see it loud and clear.
it is officially the Republic of China, hello which means its already Chinese territory. they don't need Taiwan's permission to take what is theirs already. or anyone else's for that matter, they are not required to do and or live by your views of right and wrong within their own sovereign. unless you want to go to war with them and make them agree to your views of right and wrong.

thing is, media is duping you into thinking you have the right to meddle or stick your nose in China's own business.
henry quirk

Post by henry quirk »

Gary Childress wrote: Wed Mar 17, 2021 8:25 pm

I don't want war, Gary.

I already told you how we avoid it. Did you forget already? And take away the "buck fifty" garbage. You're trying to weasle your way out of a commitment. I want committed philosophers. Not Dilettantes.
Bye.
Gary Childress

Post by Gary Childress »

henry quirk wrote: Wed Mar 17, 2021 9:38 pm
Gary Childress wrote: Wed Mar 17, 2021 8:25 pm

I don't want war, Gary.

Bye.
You'd rather not commit to the prevention of a terrible war. Let us know when you decide to join humanity. Tata.
Gary Childress

Post by Gary Childress »

DPMartin wrote: Wed Mar 17, 2021 9:13 pm
Gary Childress wrote: Wed Mar 17, 2021 5:19 pm

it is officially the Republic of China, hello which means its already Chinese territory. they don't need Taiwan's permission to take what is theirs already. or anyone else's for that matter, they are not required to do and or live by your views of right and wrong within their own sovereign. unless you want to go to war with them and make them agree to your views of right and wrong.

thing is, media is duping you into thinking you have the right to meddle or stick your nose in China's own business.
Ah, from China, I presume? And if the people of Taiwan resist your efforts to incorporate them, what will you do to them? Kill the dissenters? Lock them up?