For all things philosophical.

Moderators: AMod, iMod

henry quirk

tryin' again...

Post by henry quirk »

Gary Childress wrote: Wed Mar 17, 2021 9:48 pm
henry quirk wrote: Wed Mar 17, 2021 9:38 pm
Gary Childress wrote: Wed Mar 17, 2021 8:25 pm

I already told you how we avoid it. Did you forget already? And take away the "buck fifty" garbage. You're trying to weasle your way out of a commitment. I want committed philosophers. Not Dilettantes.
Bye.
*You'd rather not commit to the prevention of a terrible war. Let us know when you decide to join humanity. Tata.
*That's the thing, Gary: what does such a commitment entail?

Pacifism? Livin' under boot?

Livin' as a slave is not livin', as any past or current slave can tell you.
Gary Childress

Re: tryin' again...

Post by Gary Childress »

henry quirk wrote: Thu Mar 18, 2021 2:47 pm
Gary Childress wrote: Wed Mar 17, 2021 9:48 pm
henry quirk wrote: Wed Mar 17, 2021 9:38 pm

Bye.
*You'd rather not commit to the prevention of a terrible war. Let us know when you decide to join humanity. Tata.
*That's the thing, Gary: what does such a commitment entail?

Pacifism? Livin' under boot?

Livin' as a slave is not livin', as any past or current slave can tell you.
We are in no position to fight China, Russia, N. Korea and Iran. It's better to give ground, than cling to everything. No one is proposing slavery. We are proposing averting catastrophe. Stop with the all-or-nothing fantasies. Go back and look at Neville Chamberlain. He's not the fool that some have made him out. He bought time and proved to the world, that Hitler was the aggressor, not us. Goodwill prevails. You must have faith, Henry, instead of attacking your fellow Americans who are trying to avert a disaster--calling us "weak" or "woke" or "femanine" or whatever it is you think we are. Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned. Just remember that.
Gary Childress

Re: Xi Dingdong

Post by Gary Childress »

And hug or give a friendly wave to an Asian-American if you come across one. They could probably use a little reassurance after what happened in Atlanta. We're all in this together.
DPMartin

Post by DPMartin »

Gary Childress wrote: Wed Mar 17, 2021 9:54 pm
DPMartin wrote: Wed Mar 17, 2021 9:13 pm
Gary Childress wrote: Wed Mar 17, 2021 5:19 pm

I would think if the people of Taiwan want to be part of China, then that's up to them. I have no problem with the people of Taiwan peacefully and democratically volunteering to subsume themselves under the current rulers of China, if that's what they want. Otherwise, China is in the wrong. And if they are in the wrong, then let the world see it loud and clear.
it is officially the Republic of China, hello which means its already Chinese territory. they don't need Taiwan's permission to take what is theirs already. or anyone else's for that matter, they are not required to do and or live by your views of right and wrong within their own sovereign. unless you want to go to war with them and make them agree to your views of right and wrong.

thing is, media is duping you into thinking you have the right to meddle or stick your nose in China's own business.
Ah, from China, I presume? And if the people of Taiwan resist your efforts to incorporate them, what will you do to them? Kill the dissenters? Lock them up?
no, you assume. I live in the US and am well aware of media frenzy and manipulation, its an agenda to meet a goal. you should understand there's no interest or time and effort invested in anything unless there's money in it.
Gary Childress

Post by Gary Childress »

DPMartin wrote: Thu Mar 18, 2021 4:34 pm
Gary Childress wrote: Wed Mar 17, 2021 9:54 pm
DPMartin wrote: Wed Mar 17, 2021 9:13 pm

it is officially the Republic of China, hello which means its already Chinese territory. they don't need Taiwan's permission to take what is theirs already. or anyone else's for that matter, they are not required to do and or live by your views of right and wrong within their own sovereign. unless you want to go to war with them and make them agree to your views of right and wrong.

thing is, media is duping you into thinking you have the right to meddle or stick your nose in China's own business.
Ah, from China, I presume? And if the people of Taiwan resist your efforts to incorporate them, what will you do to them? Kill the dissenters? Lock them up?
no, you assume. I live in the US and am well aware of media frenzy and manipulation, its an agenda to meet a goal. you should understand there's no interest or time and effort invested in anything unless there's money in it.
OK. Fair enough. So you think the media is duping us into believing that Taiwan doesn't already belong to China?
henry quirk

Re: tryin' again...

Post by henry quirk »

*We are in no position to fight China, Russia, N. Korea and Iran.

**It's better to give ground, than cling to everything.

***No one is proposing slavery.

****Stop with the all-or-nothing fantasies.

*****Goodwill prevails.

******You must have faith, Henry, instead of attacking your fellow Americans who are trying to avert a disaster--calling us "weak" or "woke" or "femanine" or whatever it is you think we are.

*That may be the case, but it's not relevant to my point.

**Also not relevant to my point.

***I think mebbe you are, if you suggest bein' alive at all costs is the way to go.

****So, principle is fantasy?

*****Only when both parties are good-willed. China is not good-willed. China (and Korea and Iran) is a slaver state. There's no compromise, no accommodation to be had with that government.

******My faith is reserved for God, myself, and like-minds. Unlike you, in this thread I've refrained from ugly commentary and unjustified characterizations.
Gary Childress

Post by Gary Childress »

Have it your way.