For all things philosophical.

Moderators: AMod, iMod

henry quirk

Re: Finally!!

Post by henry quirk »

Gary Childress wrote: Wed Mar 17, 2021 6:28 pm
henry quirk wrote: Wed Mar 17, 2021 6:19 pm
Gary Childress wrote: Wed Mar 17, 2021 6:11 pm

I agree, 100% Henry. How do you propose we stop a war? We both obviously want it stopped. I propose not firing a shot, going with sanctions and international pressure if China makes a move on Taiwan.
Hell if I know. Seems to me no matter what the US doses or doesn't do, conflict is inevitable.

We may be too far down the road to avoid it. Only the complete, voluntary, capitulation of one side or the other might stop it (and I don't see that happenin').
So your proposal is to fight a terrible war? Don't you want for that not to happen? Look at yourself, Henry. Your acting out of fear. Are you afraid of your own shadow? Say, it; "I don't want war." Say it loud and clear. Make your voice heard. that's all I ask. And no, walking it back after you make the statement with some gibberish about whatever it is your magical crystal ball says about the future.
You wanna talk, we can. You wanna lecture, I got other places to be.
Sculptor

Post by Sculptor »

Gary Childress wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 12:23 am Finally, someone in the media gets it?

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics ... d=msedgdhp

Can we just stop with all the foreign wars? Please????????????????
The West is using the rest of the world as a arms customer. There is a lot of pressure to keep the world in conflict since this keep the fear up. Not just fear around the world but fear at home.
This feeds the uncertainties about the future; about control.
If the West do not control x then Russia or China shall.

But what happens when a popular politician comes along and urges the fighting to stop? The media destroy him.

Humans are shit and I see no prospect of seeing this change soon
Sculptor

Post by Sculptor »

Walker wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 6:39 pm Chinese aggression in the S. China Sea to assert dominance seems like a logical move against a weak president who may not actually be much of a friend to Australia, Korea, Japan, the Philippines, and so on. After all, he says that the Chinese regime "gets it."

Afghanistan. We've heard the ostensible reasons for being there. What are the real reasons.
You are a scared child.
Gary Childress

Post by Gary Childress »

henry quirk wrote: Wed Mar 17, 2021 6:49 pm
Gary Childress wrote: Wed Mar 17, 2021 6:28 pm
henry quirk wrote: Wed Mar 17, 2021 6:19 pm

Hell if I know. Seems to me no matter what the US doses or doesn't do, conflict is inevitable.

We may be too far down the road to avoid it. Only the complete, voluntary, capitulation of one side or the other might stop it (and I don't see that happenin').
So your proposal is to fight a terrible war? Don't you want for that not to happen? Look at yourself, Henry. Your acting out of fear. Are you afraid of your own shadow? Say, it; "I don't want war." Say it loud and clear. Make your voice heard. that's all I ask. And no, walking it back after you make the statement with some gibberish about whatever it is your magical crystal ball says about the future.
You wanna talk, we can. You wanna lecture, I got other places to be.
Then enjoy your day in the amusement park.
DPMartin

Post by DPMartin »

Gary Childress wrote: Wed Mar 17, 2021 5:26 pm
DPMartin wrote: Wed Mar 17, 2021 4:20 pm
Gary Childress wrote: Wed Mar 17, 2021 7:16 am

Well, then those in power better be offering peace. That's all that matters. The rest is nonsense.
or what?
Have you never seen the true terrors of the mind? Do you not think that those terrors would be wrath enough for someone who causes enormous harm in the world? It's not our place to judge others with swords. Or am I just "crazy" and others have never seen those terrors? And before you answer, I will remind you that suicide is one of the more prevalent causes of death in our country right now. I don't know if that's true of China yet or not. But if they pull some of the shit we've been doing, I would imagine it will go up substantially.
human nature never changes, period. and yes judging others with swords or guns or gallows guillotines whatever, is what men do. if it within man's reach, then its in man's place, isn't it? and leaders of china are not required to agree with you at all.
Gary Childress

Post by Gary Childress »

DPMartin wrote: Wed Mar 17, 2021 9:08 pm
DPMartin wrote: Wed Mar 17, 2021 4:20 pm

or what?
Have you never seen the true terrors of the mind? Do you not think that those terrors would be wrath enough for someone who causes enormous harm in the world? It's not our place to judge others with swords. Or am I just "crazy" and others have never seen those terrors? And before you answer, I will remind you that suicide is one of the more prevalent causes of death in our country right now. I don't know if that's true of China yet or not. But if they pull some of the shit we've been doing, I would imagine it will go up substantially.
human nature never changes, period. and yes judging others with swords or guns or gallows guillotines whatever, is what men do. if it within man's reach, then its in man's place, isn't it? and leaders of china are not required to agree with you at all.
Oh, so now you know what "human nature" is? Praytell what is "human nature"? The enlightened would love to know the answer from the foolish.
DPMartin

Post by DPMartin »

Gary Childress wrote: Wed Mar 17, 2021 10:02 pm

Oh, so now you know what "human nature" is? Praytell what is "human nature"? The enlightened would love to know the answer from the foolish.
sure read history, read some Moa history or japan in WWII or Stalin during the same time and that's just a few decades on how men come into power or take what they want or take out the week so on and so forth, and don't forget those who executed their will willingly. maybe you should visit some prisons or hang in the streets were human nature is in full force. and that hasn't changed since there was a man. or what mankind is willing to do for money every day. what, you live under a rock or something?
Gary Childress

Post by Gary Childress »

DPMartin wrote: Thu Mar 18, 2021 4:30 pm
Gary Childress wrote: Wed Mar 17, 2021 10:02 pm

sure read history, read some Moa history or japan in WWII or Stalin during the same time and that's just a few decades on how men come into power or take what they want or take out the week so on and so forth, and don't forget those who executed their will willingly. maybe you should visit some prisons or hang in the streets were human nature is in full force. and that hasn't changed since there was a man. or what mankind is willing to do for money every day. what, you live under a rock or something?
OK. So you're saying the most base and cruel instincts are "human nature"? I'm not sure I follow where you are going with this?