The Mind is a Physical Thing

For all things philosophical.

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Advocate

Re: The Mind is a Physical Thing

Post by Advocate »

[quote=bahman post_id=502585 time=1615844348 user_id=12593]
They are. I investigated them carefully. They talk to me and their behaviors are coherent. Like me and you.
[/quote]

Ideas need only to be internally consistent to be internally useful, but you're communicating this idea externally. Where's the external evidence that stands up to examination by others? Where's the completely different kind of world we'd instantly have if anything woo was ever verifiable?
bahman

Post by bahman »

Advocate wrote: Mon Mar 15, 2021 10:53 pm
bahman wrote: Mon Mar 15, 2021 10:39 pm They are. I investigated them carefully. They talk to me and their behaviors are coherent. Like me and you.
Ideas need only to be internally consistent to be internally useful, but you're communicating this idea externally.
Yes, the source of that communication is outside of my mind. I can justify that for myself.
Advocate wrote: Mon Mar 15, 2021 10:53 pm Where's the external evidence that stands up to examination by others?
There is not evidence unless you experience it yourself.
Advocate wrote: Mon Mar 15, 2021 10:53 pm Where's the completely different kind of world we'd instantly have if anything woo was ever verifiable?
What do you mean?
Skepdick

Post by Skepdick »

bahman wrote: Mon Mar 15, 2021 9:40 pm Then you either need to have contact with the deads or wait to die.
So you have no evidence either?
bahman

Post by bahman »

Skepdick wrote: Mon Mar 15, 2021 11:10 pm
bahman wrote: Mon Mar 15, 2021 9:40 pm Then you either need to have contact with the deads or wait to die.
So you have no evidence either?
For you no. For myself yes.
Veritas Aequitas

Post by Veritas Aequitas »

bahman wrote: Mon Mar 15, 2021 10:39 pm
Advocate wrote: Mon Mar 15, 2021 10:20 pm
bahman wrote: Mon Mar 15, 2021 10:04 pm
I have contact with my father and many others. They are in me and sometimes outside me.
No they're not.
They are. I investigated them carefully. They talk to me and their behaviors are coherent. Like me and you.
Advocate wrote: Mon Mar 15, 2021 9:51 pm You're epistemologically ill.
I am not. I am very healthy right now.
Advocate wrote: Mon Mar 15, 2021 9:51 pm Also you should bloody well know better by now. How old are you anyway?
To be more sure of your claims, have consulted a psychiatrists?
If a reputable psychiatrist agree with your personal experiences that your dead parents are real in some ways as claimed, I may reconsider to research into it.

One fortunately good point is;
https://www.realclearscience.com/blog/2 ... nsane.html
WHILE many people with schizophrenia do hear voices at certain times in
their lives, the inverse is not true: most people who hear voices (as
much as 10 percent of the population) are not mentally ill. For them,
hearing voices is a normal mode of experience.
But experiencing hallucinations is hallucinating and what are hallucinated are not real but illusions. However,
If these hallucinations excessively recur or grow overly disturbing, you might want to visit a neurologist or a psychiatrist. But all in all, don't fret.
You're not going insane.