For all things philosophical.

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Eodnhoj7

Re: Infinity as Change

Post by Eodnhoj7 »

Age wrote: Tue Mar 23, 2021 7:42 am
Eodnhoj7 wrote: Mon Mar 22, 2021 11:10 pm
Age wrote: Fri Mar 19, 2021 8:04 pm

But there is NO 'other' 'I'. There is ONLY One 'I'. In saying that, however, OF COURSE there are many 'i's'. But 'you', thee individual one here, seem to be MISSING this FACT.

'you', older human beings, do, however, seem to think that 'you', individually, are greater and more important than 'you' REALLY ARE. 'you' ALL do have a grandiose perspective of "yourselves". 'you' do see "yourselves" as the greater 'I', and as such do label "yourselves", and thus, literally, put "yourselves" as thee greater 'I'.

There are many of 'you', little individual 'i's, but, literally, without specific distinction made, 'you' are all the SAME.

If 'it', consciousness, can observe, then 'what', EXACTLY is 'consciousness'? 'Where', EXACTLY, is 'it'? 'How', EXACTLY does 'it' work? 'What', EXACTLY, is 'it' made of? And, 'when', EXACTLY, will 'it' reveal 'its' True Self?

When little old 'you' can express 'this' FULLY in a way that the rest of 'us' can FULLY understand, accept, and agree upon, then great.

But until then 'we' are ALL just trying to work ALL-OF-THIS out, in our OWN individual little ways.

'Who' and 'what', EXACTLY, is the 'I' here?

IF 'nature' IS Self Aware, then WHY does 'It' have so much trouble explaining this AWARENESS to 'you', human beings?

In other words, WHY is taking 'you', people, so long to catch up and KNOW Thy Self?

Prove to 'who'?

'I' have ALREADY proved 'this' to thy Self. BUT, of course, one can NOT prove ANY thing to ANY one who BELIEVES otherwise.

You, OBVIOUSLY, wrote what you did here from the perspective and BELIEF that 'this' could NOT be done, correct?

If this is NOT correct, then prove to 'me' that 'you' are Truly OPEN about HOW I could prove to 'you' that 'i' have ALREADY learned the, proper and correct, answer to the question 'Who am 'I'?'

In other words, 'what', EXACTLY, could I do to prove to 'you' that I have learned the answer to "who am I?"

BUT, if you did NOT inform us of what the definition and the meaning of the symbol is, to you, then I have NO idea NOR clue what you are, literally, pointing at. If you are going to define 'point' as the symbol ".", then I am NOT going to know what you are on about.

A '.', literally, does NOT 'point to ANY thing'. So, if you do NOT inform us of what the 'point' IS, exactly, then there is, literally, NO point, to the '.'.

Who cares?

AND, what is the actual 'point' in RE-REPEATING this same 'thing'?
1. Multiple "I's" account for the multiple time and spaces of the "I".
But there is NO multiple 'time' nor 'spaces' of the 'I'.

There is only one 'time' and 'space' of and for the 'I'.
Eodnhoj7 wrote: Mon Mar 22, 2021 11:10 pm There is no same time and space for the "I", thus resulting in multiple "I's".
I agree that there is no same 'time' and 'space for the 'I', but then 'you' would have to have enough curiosity to discover WHY there now appears to be a contradiction in what I have just said here.

Oh, and by the way, there is NO multiple 'I's'. There is only One 'I'.
Eodnhoj7 wrote: Mon Mar 22, 2021 11:10 pm 2. Who/what/where/when/why "I" is, is the manifestation of time and space.
But what is 'time' and 'space', to 'you?
Eodnhoj7 wrote: Mon Mar 22, 2021 11:10 pm 3. Explain who "I" is.
'I', and NOT 'i', is thee Only and ONLY One. In visible form 'I' is, or am, thee Universe, Itself, and 'I' is, or am, thee Mind, Itself.

For further clarification, and for actual proof of this, then just continue on with the clarifying questions.
Eodnhoj7 wrote: Mon Mar 22, 2021 11:10 pm 4. "•" points, as a symbol, to the point.
To the point of 'what', EXACTLY?
Eodnhoj7 wrote: Mon Mar 22, 2021 11:10 pm 5. The same thing repeating is it mirroring Nothingness where the one is repeated under the many where the many is the negation of the one through voiding of it.
To 'me', this sounds like you really do NOT know what you are talking about but are trying your very hardest to sound like you actually do.
1. The "I" is continually changing time/space thus exists in multiple times/spaces.

2. Prove there is one "I" if "I" is existing in continually changing times/spaces and "I" is defined by the time space it is in.

3. Time is multiple spaces, space is axiomatic and accept as is as change.

4. Explain what the universe and mind is.

5. The point "•" as self referencing through further points. The point is the origin of all forms.

6. False. Being mirroring nothing is being, in all its unity negated. However considering being cannot be negated, considering there is only being, the grand unity of being results in multiple beings.
Advocate

Post by Advocate »

1. The "I" is continually changing time/space thus exists in multiple times/spaces.

The I is the continuity of that experience. When you reference a particular instance of it that's a contingent distinction set for a particular use case. The I is still understood to encompass much more than that. I don't change identity every instant, and that would make everything else meaningless or impossible anyhow.

2. Prove there is one "I" if "I" is existing in continually changing times/spaces and "I" is defined by the time space it is in.

The answer is, that's how we use the word. You're trying to introduce arbitrary divisions of what the rest of us consider to be an indefinite single thing, from as far back as we can remember to as far ahead as we can accurately anticipate.

Self is unary in the sense that we experience it one moment at a time, but even that doesn't mean much because it all blends together.

Time is measured change. Only the measurement has is own being. Change is one big happening. Space is the conjunction of our internal and external sensory experience.

The universe is stuff doing stuff. The past we can access is called reality and it's the universe of things. Mind is an experiential metaphor for the patterns held in the brain.

5. The point "•" as self referencing through further points. The point is the origin of all forms.

Experience qua experience is the closest thing we can get to that, but it's meaningless unless it's experience Of something "other".

6. False. Being mirroring nothing is being, in all its unity negated. However considering being cannot be negated, considering there is only being, the grand unity of being results in multiple beings.

#wordsalad
Eodnhoj7

Post by Eodnhoj7 »

Advocate wrote: Wed Mar 24, 2021 12:13 am 1. The "I" is continually changing time/space thus exists in multiple times/spaces.

The I is the continuity of that experience. When you reference a particular instance of it that's a contingent distinction set for a particular use case. The I is still understood to encompass much more than that. I don't change identity every instant, and that would make everything else meaningless or impossible anyhow.

The answer is, that's how we use the word. You're trying to introduce arbitrary divisions of what the rest of us consider to be an indefinite single thing, from as far back as we can remember to as far ahead as we can accurately anticipate.

Self is unary in the sense that we experience it one moment at a time, but even that doesn't mean much because it all blends together.

Time is measured change. Only the measurement has is own being. Change is one big happening. Space is the conjunction of our internal and external sensory experience.

The universe is stuff doing stuff. The past we can access is called reality and it's the universe of things. Mind is an experiential metaphor for the patterns held in the brain.

Experience qua experience is the closest thing we can get to that, but it's meaningless unless it's experience Of something "other".

#wordsalad
1. The "I" changes every instance as a variation of the original source. The I is both the same and different every moment much like the variation of 1 through 2,3,4...etc. is the repetition of 1 through new forms.

2. The self experienced one moment at a time is the I changing from one moment to another.

3. Time progresses as change whether it is measured or not. Time is change of forms, forms are composed of space, time is changing space. Conjunction is relation, relation is the interaction of forms, forms are composed of space, relation is spatial.

4. The brain is a pattern, thus patterns exist beyond human thought if patterns guide the brain as existing.

5. The other is the variation of one thing as multiple things.

6. It is not a word salad. If the unity of being mirrors void, it is mirroring nothing. If it mirrors nothing, and existence occurs through mirroring (repetition), then being is negated. This unified existence results in multiple existences considering being cannot be negated as only being exists. The negation of a singular unified being is multiple beings.

Post by Age »

Eodnhoj7 wrote: Tue Mar 23, 2021 11:14 pm
Eodnhoj7 wrote: Mon Mar 22, 2021 11:10 pm

1. Multiple "I's" account for the multiple time and spaces of the "I".

Eodnhoj7 wrote: Mon Mar 22, 2021 11:10 pm There is no same time and space for the "I", thus resulting in multiple "I's".
I agree that there is no same 'time' and 'space for the 'I', but then 'you' would have to have enough curiosity to discover WHY there now appears to be a contradiction in what I have just said here.

Eodnhoj7 wrote: Mon Mar 22, 2021 11:10 pm 2. Who/what/where/when/why "I" is, is the manifestation of time and space.
Eodnhoj7 wrote: Mon Mar 22, 2021 11:10 pm 3. Explain who "I" is.
'I', and NOT 'i', is thee Only and ONLY One. In visible form 'I' is, or am, thee Universe, Itself, and 'I' is, or am, thee Mind, Itself.

For further clarification, and for actual proof of this, then just continue on with the clarifying questions.
Eodnhoj7 wrote: Mon Mar 22, 2021 11:10 pm 4. "•" points, as a symbol, to the point.
Eodnhoj7 wrote: Mon Mar 22, 2021 11:10 pm 5. The same thing repeating is it mirroring Nothingness where the one is repeated under the many where the many is the negation of the one through voiding of it.
To 'me', this sounds like you really do NOT know what you are talking about but are trying your very hardest to sound like you actually do.
How, EXACTLY, do 'I' continually change 'time'/'space'? And, what, EXACTLY, is 'time/space', to you?
Eodnhoj7 wrote: Tue Mar 23, 2021 11:14 pm 2. Prove there is one "I" if "I" is existing in continually changing times/spaces and "I" is defined by the time space it is in.
But thee 'I' is NOT necessarily defined by the time space 'I' am in.
Eodnhoj7 wrote: Tue Mar 23, 2021 11:14 pm 3. Time is multiple spaces, space is axiomatic and accept as is as change.
Are you even yet aware that 'you' have your own definitions here, which are NOT 'my' definitions?
Eodnhoj7 wrote: Tue Mar 23, 2021 11:14 pm 4. Explain what the universe and mind is.
Thee 'Universe' is ALL-THERE-IS, Totality, or Everything, and, thee 'Mind' is that part/thing, which allows 'you', human beings, to be completely FREE to be able to continually learn, understand, and reason ANY and EVERY 'thing' as well as being able to imagine and thus discover how to create EVERY thing that 'you' have, so far. Thee Mind is the Creator, within. While thee Universe is the Creator, external.

Thee Mind is the invisible Creator, Tutor, Guider, and Teacher within.

Thee Universe is the visible Creator, of Everything.

This is part explanation. All further explanation, with actual proof by the way, is obtained with and from curiosity.
Eodnhoj7 wrote: Tue Mar 23, 2021 11:14 pm 5. The point "•" as self referencing through further points. The point is the origin of all forms.
Are 'you' even aware that the origin of ALL forms is at the point of HERE-NOW, and always was and always will be?

Therefore, according to your own logic here, ALL points lead back to this forever-continual point of NOW.
Eodnhoj7 wrote: Tue Mar 23, 2021 11:14 pm 6. False.
LOL How could me just expressing what something 'sounds like' be "False"?

What I said is NOT 'false' AT ALL. This is because that was EXACTLY how it 'sounds like' to 'me'.
Eodnhoj7 wrote: Tue Mar 23, 2021 11:14 pm Being mirroring nothing is being, in all its unity negated. However considering being cannot be negated, considering there is only being, the grand unity of being results in multiple beings.
Of course there are multiple of 'you', human beings. But there is ONLY One 'I', and when that True Self is KNOWN, then the question, 'Who am 'I'?' is answered properly and correctly for ONCE and for ALL.
Terrapin Station

Post by Terrapin Station »

Advocate wrote: Tue Mar 23, 2021 2:05 pm
Terrapin Station wrote: Tue Mar 23, 2021 8:55 am
Janoah wrote: Sun Mar 07, 2021 1:06 am That is, there may be an infinite process, but there cannot be an infinite thing at the moment.
Wouldn't that be different if one believed in real (extramental) abstracts? In that case one might believe that quantitative sequences are a real abstract and that they're infinite. (Not that I believe there are real abstracts, but I'm just saying for someone who does.)
Abstractions are indefinite, not infinite. They must exist in the time and space at an actual brain.
People who believe in real abstracts believe that (a) they're not mental/brain phenomena, (b) they're not physical existents in time/space.

Again, I don't believe in real abstracts, but that's the idea of them, and there are people who do believe they exist.
Skepdick

Post by Skepdick »

Terrapin Station wrote: Wed Mar 24, 2021 1:04 pm People who believe in real abstracts believe that (a) they're not mental/brain phenomena, (b) they're not physical existents in time/space.

Again, I don't believe in real abstracts, but that's the idea of them, and there are people who do believe they exist.
This is a metaphysical nonsense muddled in the confusion of "realness" and "existence".

People who believe in abstracts/abstractions understand that time/space (and if you are a non-determinist - randomness) are necessary computational resources for manipulating abstractions.

The underlying principle to this is CTD which states that a Universal Turing Machine (which is an abstract model of computation) can simulate any physical process (including brains).

Whatever mental model you seem to be using you are failing to account for the isomprhism between:

A. The abstract idea of computation (which is the interactive manipulation of matter)
B. Turing machines as models of computation.
C. Quantum entanglement as another model of computation.
D. Physical computers as reification of those ideas.
Advocate

Re: turing brains

Post by Advocate »

[quote=Skepdick post_id=503999 time=1616587665 user_id=17350]
The underlying principle to this is [url=https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Church%E2 ... _principle]CTD[/url] which states that a Universal Turing Machine (which is an abstract model of computation) can simulate any physical process (including brains).
[/quote]

Even if an "accurate" brain were possible in theory, you'd have to choose the level of simulation in practice to match available resources. But even the entire connectome could be modeled, the infinite wash of outside particle effects could not be, and the way those particles effect a biological brain is not the same as how they would effect an electrical one. Those brains would instantly and forever diverge because of the Kind of brain they are.
Skepdick

Post by Skepdick »

Advocate wrote: Wed Mar 24, 2021 2:17 pm Even if an "accurate" brain were possible in theory, you'd have to choose the level of simulation in practice to match available resources.
Lucky for us, a computer necessary to simulate the entire universe is much much smaller than the universe itself!

That's how compression works.
Advocate wrote: Wed Mar 24, 2021 2:17 pm But even the entire connectome could be modeled, the infinite wash of outside particle effects could not be, and the way those particles effect a biological brain is not the same as how they would effect an electrical one. Those brains would instantly and forever diverge because of the Kind of brain they are.
And those brains will have different experiences. So what?
Advocate

Post by Advocate »

[quote=Skepdick post_id=504018 time=1616596337 user_id=17350]
[quote=Advocate post_id=504009 time=1616591853 user_id=15238]
Even if an "accurate" brain were possible in theory, you'd have to choose the level of simulation in practice to match available resources.
[/quote]
Lucky for us, a computer necessary to simulate the entire universe is much much smaller than the universe itself!

That's how compression works.

[quote=Advocate post_id=504009 time=1616591853 user_id=15238]
But even the entire connectome could be modeled, the infinite wash of outside particle effects could not be, and the way those particles effect a biological brain is not the same as how they would effect an electrical one. Those brains would instantly and forever diverge because of the Kind of brain they are.
[/quote]
And those brains will have different experiences. So what?
[/quote]

So replication of a brain is inherently limited to something that is less capable and can only be roughly similar, temporarily.
Eodnhoj7

Post by Eodnhoj7 »

Age wrote: Wed Mar 24, 2021 1:00 pm

How, EXACTLY, do 'I' continually change 'time'/'space'? And, what, EXACTLY, is 'time/space', to you?

The I manipulates time/space through action. Time is individuating spaces.
Space is axiomatic and accepted as is considering formless is accepted through the formlessness of the mind, with this formlessness of formlessness being form. Formlessness negates into form.

Eodnhoj7 wrote: Tue Mar 23, 2021 11:14 pm 2. Prove there is one "I" if "I" is existing in continually changing times/spaces and "I" is defined by the time space it is in.

The I is defined by the time/space it is in much in the same manner where clothes define the person.
Eodnhoj7 wrote: Tue Mar 23, 2021 11:14 pm 3. Time is multiple spaces, space is axiomatic and accept as is as change.
Are you even yet aware that 'you' have your own definitions here, which are NOT 'my' definitions?

"Your" and "my" definitions observe the difference of "I".
Eodnhoj7 wrote: Tue Mar 23, 2021 11:14 pm 4. Explain what the universe and mind is.
Thee 'Universe' is ALL-THERE-IS, Totality, or Everything, and, thee 'Mind' is that part/thing, which allows 'you', human beings, to be completely FREE to be able to continually learn, understand, and reason ANY and EVERY 'thing' as well as being able to imagine and thus discover how to create EVERY thing that 'you' have, so far. Thee Mind is the Creator, within. While thee Universe is the Creator, external.

This is part explanation. All further explanation, with actual proof by the way, is obtained with and from curiosity.

The external nature of the universe and the internal nature of the mind necessitates the universe as containing mind, yet the mind as creating the universe contains the internal potential of the universe. As containing the potential of the universe it contains the universe thus is external to the universe and the universe is inside the potential of the mind.
The dualism between the inner mind and outer universe is blurred considering one is inside the other.

Eodnhoj7 wrote: Tue Mar 23, 2021 11:14 pm 5. The point "•" as self referencing through further points. The point is the origin of all forms.
Are 'you' even aware that the origin of ALL forms is at the point of HERE-NOW, and always was and always will be?

Therefore, according to your own logic here, ALL points lead back to this forever-continual point of NOW.

Now is the ever present point, past and future are extensions of now.

What I said is NOT 'false' AT ALL. This is because that was EXACTLY how it 'sounds like' to 'me'.

But the truth of it is not limited to your perception.
Eodnhoj7 wrote: Tue Mar 23, 2021 11:14 pm Being mirroring nothing is being, in all its unity negated. However considering being cannot be negated, considering there is only being, the grand unity of being results in multiple beings.
Of course there are multiple of 'you', human beings. But there is ONLY One 'I', and when that True Self is KNOWN, then the question, 'Who am 'I'?' is answered properly and correctly for ONCE and for ALL.

There is both one and many "I's".

Post by Age »

Eodnhoj7 wrote: Tue Mar 30, 2021 12:19 am

Space is axiomatic and accepted as is considering formless is accepted through the formlessness of the mind, with this formlessness of formlessness being form. Formlessness negates into form.

The I is defined by the time/space it is in much in the same manner where clothes define the person.

The external nature of the universe and the internal nature of the mind necessitates the universe as containing mind, yet the mind as creating the universe contains the internal potential of the universe. As containing the potential of the universe it contains the universe thus is external to the universe and the universe is inside the potential of the mind.
The dualism between the inner mind and outer universe is blurred considering one is inside the other.

What is happening here is VERY CLEAR, NOW.
Eodnhoj7

Post by Eodnhoj7 »

Age wrote: Tue Mar 30, 2021 4:22 am

It is clear to you.

Post by Age »

Eodnhoj7 wrote: Tue Mar 30, 2021 11:42 pm
It is clear to you.
Very true.
Ferdi

Post by Ferdi »

Re one of The Age’s earlier points that contained the statement “This one & only Universe”. I know of one universe, but there may be more.
And The Age’s “Thee Universe is not the only creator” suggesting that humans (and I would then add: animals) “are also creators”. IMO : Humans/animals do NOT “create”. They merely follow a natural instinct to ”mate”. Mating starts growing a new body, using the LIFE in its mother. That new body may or may not receive “its life” at its moment of birth. LIFE does NOT come from its mother. Birth-attendants have to await and have to observe if/when Life may or may not enter after birth. It is not until then that a new being has arrived on Planet Earth. Its LIFE was not created until then, created by our omnipresent Universe. Not necessarily the only Universe.
For the question : where do lives come from? My answer is: from the all-penetrating Universe in which we live.
Eodnhoj7

Post by Eodnhoj7 »

Age wrote: Wed Mar 31, 2021 11:22 am
Eodnhoj7 wrote: Tue Mar 30, 2021 11:42 pm

It is clear to you.
Very true.
But not to others.