Infinity as Change

For all things philosophical.

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Eodnhoj7
Posts: 6868
Joined: Mon Mar 13, 2017 3:18 am

Re: Infinity as Change

Post by Eodnhoj7 »

Age wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 11:41 am
Eodnhoj7 wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 12:10 am
Age wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 3:35 am

But you said, " 'to accept' is 'to assume' ". Which means you could accept/assume ABSOLUTELY ANY thing as being "what is present as existing", like, for example, accepting/assuming that the earth, presently as existing, is flat or at the absolute center of the Universe, and that this means that you are "open", correct?

To me, accepting what is present as existing would NOT entail ANY 'assuming' AT ALL. In fact, to me, the VERY OPPOSITE could be construed. That is; ASSUMING something is true or right, in and of itself, is NOT accepting what is present as existing.
Accepting the earth as flat is to accept it as a theory. The earth is flat is a theory, to accept it is to accept it as a theory.
You can 'try to' keep twisting and distorting things further and further. But you said what you said, and if you can NOT back up and support what you want to say, or said, then I suggest not saying 'it'.
Eodnhoj7 wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 12:10 am Dually truth is existence, to accept existence is to accept a degree of truth as to what is accepted.
You go around and around and/or adding more and more, while never actually saying anything Truly meaningful, to me.

I suggest just saying one thing, and STICKING TO 'that'.
There is no distortion. To accept the flat earth as a theory is to accept it as theory.

Dually all things as existing necessitate some truth through the fact they exist alone.
Eodnhoj7
Posts: 6868
Joined: Mon Mar 13, 2017 3:18 am

Re: Infinity as Change

Post by Eodnhoj7 »

owl of Minerva wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 2:46 pm "It is the continual repetition of a phenomenon which makes it infinite."

A phenomenon cannot be infinite as it is subject to change. The underlying substance, if not subject to change, is infinite. The number one as an idea changes in the sense of describing different phenomenon, therefore it is not infinite. Only a substance that is not subject to change can be considered infinite.
Change is a variation of the original source where the source exists through its continual change. For example the number 1 on the number line observes 1 existing through new forms, as new numbers, which are composed of 1. As composed of 1 they are variations of one. Change is the preservation of the original source.
owl of Minerva
Posts: 61
Joined: Wed Jan 23, 2019 9:16 pm

Re: Infinity as Change

Post by owl of Minerva »

"Change is a variation of the original source where the source exists through its continual change. For example the number 1 on the number line observes 1 existing through new forms, as new numbers, which are composed of 1. As composed of 1 they are variations of one. Change is the preservation of the original source."
Top
..................................

The source if infinite can exist through continual change however change is not the preservation of the original source. If it depends on change to exist the infinite is limited by its dependence on change. The concept of the infinite is that it is without limitations. The number 1 is an idea, it requires a thinker which uses it and its variations to make sense of phenomenon and categorize them. A substance that is infinite should not have to depend on thinkers any more than it has to depend on change to preserve it.
Eodnhoj7
Posts: 6868
Joined: Mon Mar 13, 2017 3:18 am

Re: Infinity as Change

Post by Eodnhoj7 »

owl of Minerva wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 8:24 pm "Change is a variation of the original source where the source exists through its continual change. For example the number 1 on the number line observes 1 existing through new forms, as new numbers, which are composed of 1. As composed of 1 they are variations of one. Change is the preservation of the original source."
Top
..................................

The source if infinite can exist through continual change however change is not the preservation of the original source. If it depends on change to exist the infinite is limited by its dependence on change. The concept of the infinite is that it is without limitations. The number 1 is an idea, it requires a thinker which uses it and its variations to make sense of phenomenon and categorize them. A substance that is infinite should not have to depend on thinkers any more than it has to depend on change to preserve it.
Change is the repetition of a phenomenon if it mirrors nothing. Take for example a line. The line exists as one. However if a zero dimensional point is introduced it divides the line. The line mirroring the zero dimensional point introduced results in another line. The mirroring of nothing results in a variation of the source as the source exists through the mirroring of itself. To cease mirroring is to result in variation. This variation is a repetition of the form in a new state. For example the line as ceasing to mirror itself through the 0d point results in another line. This new line is a variation of the original.

The example of the number 1 observes one as a describer of that which it quantifies. The change of 1 to 2 as a repetition of 1 is the change of one phenomenon to another as a repetition of it. This repetition of the original source, be it a line, number or phenomenon, is infinite.

This infinite state is observation itself considering observation is the act of imprintation and imprintation is repetition. To observe is to imprint, to imprint is to repeat, thus observation is an act of repetition. This observation as repetition, considering all repeats, necessitates everything as having a degree of consciousness.
Age
Posts: 6634
Joined: Sun Aug 05, 2018 8:17 am

Re: Infinity as Change

Post by Age »

Advocate wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 1:08 am
Age wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 12:54 am To be Truly OPEN is to NOT 'assume', NOR 'believe, ANY thing.
That would make the word open useless because that state of affairs never occurs in reality.
If that state of affairs never occurs to 'you', then that is solely because of 'you' and 'your' choices, alone.
Advocate wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 1:08 am That's not how words work.
What is, supposedly, not how words work?
Advocate wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 1:08 am You are wrong and should be ashamed.
We will 'have to' wait and SEE.

Also, could it at all be a possibility that it is 'you' that is wrong here?
Age
Posts: 6634
Joined: Sun Aug 05, 2018 8:17 am

Re: Infinity as Change

Post by Age »

Eodnhoj7 wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 6:11 pm
Age wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 11:41 am
Eodnhoj7 wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 12:10 am

Accepting the earth as flat is to accept it as a theory. The earth is flat is a theory, to accept it is to accept it as a theory.
You can 'try to' keep twisting and distorting things further and further. But you said what you said, and if you can NOT back up and support what you want to say, or said, then I suggest not saying 'it'.
Eodnhoj7 wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 12:10 am Dually truth is existence, to accept existence is to accept a degree of truth as to what is accepted.
You go around and around and/or adding more and more, while never actually saying anything Truly meaningful, to me.

I suggest just saying one thing, and STICKING TO 'that'.
There is no distortion. To accept the flat earth as a theory is to accept it as theory.
But what you actually said and wrote was:
Accepting what is present as existing is openness.

Which means; if one accepts the present earth as flat and as existing, then, to you, they are open, correct?

I am just going off what you wrote.

You can change, twist, distort, or add words, like 'theory', later on, but this NEVER actually changes what your words meant.
Eodnhoj7 wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 6:11 pm Dually all things as existing necessitate some truth through the fact they exist alone.
But this is NOT 'dually', as they are VERY DIFFERENT things here.
Eodnhoj7
Posts: 6868
Joined: Mon Mar 13, 2017 3:18 am

Re: Infinity as Change

Post by Eodnhoj7 »

Age wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 12:04 pm
Eodnhoj7 wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 6:11 pm
Age wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 11:41 am

You can 'try to' keep twisting and distorting things further and further. But you said what you said, and if you can NOT back up and support what you want to say, or said, then I suggest not saying 'it'.



You go around and around and/or adding more and more, while never actually saying anything Truly meaningful, to me.

I suggest just saying one thing, and STICKING TO 'that'.
There is no distortion. To accept the flat earth as a theory is to accept it as theory.
But what you actually said and wrote was:
Accepting what is present as existing is openness.

Which means; if one accepts the present earth as flat and as existing, then, to you, they are open, correct?

I am just going off what you wrote.

You can change, twist, distort, or add words, like 'theory', later on, but this NEVER actually changes what your words meant.
Eodnhoj7 wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 6:11 pm Dually all things as existing necessitate some truth through the fact they exist alone.
But this is NOT 'dually', as they are VERY DIFFERENT things here.
If the earth appears as flat as a theory it is true as existing as a theory. Existence is truth.
Advocate
Posts: 2560
Joined: Tue Sep 12, 2017 9:27 am
Contact:

Re: Infinity as Change

Post by Advocate »

[quote=Eodnhoj7 post_id=508113 time=1618868445 user_id=14533]
If the earth appears as flat as a theory it is true as existing as a theory. Existence is truth.
[/quote]

Every thing exists in a mind. Some also have an external correlation.
Age
Posts: 6634
Joined: Sun Aug 05, 2018 8:17 am

Re: Infinity as Change

Post by Age »

Eodnhoj7 wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 10:40 pm
Age wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 12:04 pm
Eodnhoj7 wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 6:11 pm

There is no distortion. To accept the flat earth as a theory is to accept it as theory.
But what you actually said and wrote was:
Accepting what is present as existing is openness.

Which means; if one accepts the present earth as flat and as existing, then, to you, they are open, correct?

I am just going off what you wrote.

You can change, twist, distort, or add words, like 'theory', later on, but this NEVER actually changes what your words meant.
Eodnhoj7 wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 6:11 pm Dually all things as existing necessitate some truth through the fact they exist alone.
But this is NOT 'dually', as they are VERY DIFFERENT things here.
If the earth appears as flat as a theory it is true as existing as a theory. Existence is truth.
Maybe, but you added the 'theory' only after what you previously claimed because what you previously claimed was just completely and utterly Wrong and Incorrect.
Age
Posts: 6634
Joined: Sun Aug 05, 2018 8:17 am

Re: Infinity as Change

Post by Age »

Advocate wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 12:37 am
Eodnhoj7 wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 10:40 pm If the earth appears as flat as a theory it is true as existing as a theory. Existence is truth.
Every thing exists in a mind. Some also have an external correlation.
So, to you, the physical sun, which is producing light and heat, which has an effect on the physical earth, exists in "a mind", correct?
Advocate
Posts: 2560
Joined: Tue Sep 12, 2017 9:27 am
Contact:

Re: Infinity as Change

Post by Advocate »

[quote=Age post_id=508207 time=1618959297 user_id=16237]
[quote=Advocate post_id=508116 time=1618875424 user_id=15238]
[quote=Eodnhoj7 post_id=508113 time=1618868445 user_id=14533]
If the earth appears as flat as a theory it is true as existing as a theory. Existence is truth.
[/quote]

Every thing exists in a mind. Some also have an external correlation.
[/quote]

So, to you, the physical sun, which is producing light and heat, which has an effect on the physical earth, exists in "a mind", correct?
[/quote]

Yes. Any mind that had experienced it or been told about it.
Eodnhoj7
Posts: 6868
Joined: Mon Mar 13, 2017 3:18 am

Re: Infinity as Change

Post by Eodnhoj7 »

Age wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 11:51 pm
Eodnhoj7 wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 10:40 pm
Age wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 12:04 pm

But what you actually said and wrote was:
Accepting what is present as existing is openness.

Which means; if one accepts the present earth as flat and as existing, then, to you, they are open, correct?

I am just going off what you wrote.

You can change, twist, distort, or add words, like 'theory', later on, but this NEVER actually changes what your words meant.



But this is NOT 'dually', as they are VERY DIFFERENT things here.
If the earth appears as flat as a theory it is true as existing as a theory. Existence is truth.
Maybe, but you added the 'theory' only after what you previously claimed because what you previously claimed was just completely and utterly Wrong and Incorrect.
No, this is what I previously stated:

"Accepting the earth as flat is to accept it as a theory. The earth is flat is a theory, to accept it is to accept it as a theory."

The earth is flat is present as a theory, and fyi under a 2d universe the earth is flat. Any depth is strictly changing 2d images.
Age
Posts: 6634
Joined: Sun Aug 05, 2018 8:17 am

Re: Infinity as Change

Post by Age »

Advocate wrote: Wed Apr 21, 2021 12:35 am
Age wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 11:54 pm
Advocate wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 12:37 am Every thing exists in a mind. Some also have an external correlation.
So, to you, the physical sun, which is producing light and heat, which has an effect on the physical earth, exists in "a mind", correct?
Yes. Any mind that had experienced it or been told about it.
What is a 'mind'?

How many is there?

And, how does a mind experience, or get told, things, which actually exist outside of what you may say and claim are 'minds'?
Advocate
Posts: 2560
Joined: Tue Sep 12, 2017 9:27 am
Contact:

Re: Infinity as Change

Post by Advocate »

[quote=Age post_id=508309 time=1619048321 user_id=16237]
[quote=Advocate post_id=508211 time=1618961724 user_id=15238]
[quote=Age post_id=508207 time=1618959297 user_id=16237]


So, to you, the physical sun, which is producing light and heat, which has an effect on the physical earth, exists in "a mind", correct?
[/quote]

Yes. Any mind that had experienced it or been told about it.
[/quote]

What is a 'mind'?

How many is there?

And, how does a mind experience, or get told, things, which actually exist outside of what you may say and claim are 'minds'?
[/quote]

Mind is a metaphor for the patterns in the brain. All minds are embodied and therefore know external reality by way of sensory experience.
Post Reply