Infinity as Change

For all things philosophical.

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Age
Posts: 6634
Joined: Sun Aug 05, 2018 8:17 am

Re: Infinity as Change

Post by Age »

Eodnhoj7 wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 12:35 am
Age wrote: Wed Mar 31, 2021 11:22 am
Eodnhoj7 wrote: Tue Mar 30, 2021 11:42 pm

It is clear to you.
Very true.
But not to others.
Well, if they are open and curious enough, then they would ask questions.
Eodnhoj7
Posts: 6868
Joined: Mon Mar 13, 2017 3:18 am

Re: Infinity as Change

Post by Eodnhoj7 »

Age wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 11:37 am
Eodnhoj7 wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 12:35 am
Age wrote: Wed Mar 31, 2021 11:22 am

Very true.
But not to others.
Well, if they are open and curious enough, then they would ask questions.
Questions do not always result in clarity.
Age
Posts: 6634
Joined: Sun Aug 05, 2018 8:17 am

Re: Infinity as Change

Post by Age »

Eodnhoj7 wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 12:48 am
Age wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 11:37 am
Eodnhoj7 wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 12:35 am

But not to others.
Well, if they are open and curious enough, then they would ask questions.
Questions do not always result in clarity.
Very true, but LOL obviously one would NOT KNOW, until they continually ask.

Also, if one was Truly OPEN, and Truly curious enough, then ONLY THEN that one could and would KNOW.
Eodnhoj7
Posts: 6868
Joined: Mon Mar 13, 2017 3:18 am

Re: Infinity as Change

Post by Eodnhoj7 »

Age wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 12:51 am
Eodnhoj7 wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 12:48 am
Age wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 11:37 am

Well, if they are open and curious enough, then they would ask questions.
Questions do not always result in clarity.
Very true, but LOL obviously one would NOT KNOW, until they ask.

Also, if one was Truly OPEN, and Truly curious enough, then ONLY THEN that one could and would KNOW.
And what does it mean to be open other than to assume what is in front of them?
Age
Posts: 6634
Joined: Sun Aug 05, 2018 8:17 am

Re: Infinity as Change

Post by Age »

Eodnhoj7 wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 12:52 am
Age wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 12:51 am
Eodnhoj7 wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 12:48 am
Questions do not always result in clarity.
Very true, but LOL obviously one would NOT KNOW, until they ask.

Also, if one was Truly OPEN, and Truly curious enough, then ONLY THEN that one could and would KNOW.
And what does it mean to be open other than to assume what is in front of them?
But 'to assume' infers to be CLOSED, and to NOT be OPEN.

To be Truly OPEN is to NOT 'assume', NOR 'believe, ANY thing.
Advocate
Posts: 2560
Joined: Tue Sep 12, 2017 9:27 am
Contact:

Re: Infinity as Change

Post by Advocate »

[quote=Age post_id=506344 time=1617753283 user_id=16237]
To be Truly OPEN is to NOT 'assume', NOR 'believe, ANY thing.
[/quote]

That would make the word open useless because that state of affairs never occurs in reality. That's not how words work. You are wrong and should be ashamed.
Eodnhoj7
Posts: 6868
Joined: Mon Mar 13, 2017 3:18 am

Re: Infinity as Change

Post by Eodnhoj7 »

Age wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 12:54 am
Eodnhoj7 wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 12:52 am
Age wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 12:51 am

Very true, but LOL obviously one would NOT KNOW, until they ask.

Also, if one was Truly OPEN, and Truly curious enough, then ONLY THEN that one could and would KNOW.
And what does it mean to be open other than to assume what is in front of them?
But 'to assume' infers to be CLOSED, and to NOT be OPEN.

To be Truly OPEN is to NOT 'assume', NOR 'believe, ANY thing.
To be open is to accept what is in front of them, to accept is to assume.
Age
Posts: 6634
Joined: Sun Aug 05, 2018 8:17 am

Re: Infinity as Change

Post by Age »

Eodnhoj7 wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 1:17 am
Age wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 12:54 am
Eodnhoj7 wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 12:52 am
And what does it mean to be open other than to assume what is in front of them?
But 'to assume' infers to be CLOSED, and to NOT be OPEN.

To be Truly OPEN is to NOT 'assume', NOR 'believe, ANY thing.
To be open is to accept what is in front of them, to accept is to assume.
Are you saying that whatever you assume is true then this means that you are open?
Eodnhoj7
Posts: 6868
Joined: Mon Mar 13, 2017 3:18 am

Re: Infinity as Change

Post by Eodnhoj7 »

Age wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 2:53 am
Eodnhoj7 wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 1:17 am
Age wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 12:54 am

But 'to assume' infers to be CLOSED, and to NOT be OPEN.

To be Truly OPEN is to NOT 'assume', NOR 'believe, ANY thing.
To be open is to accept what is in front of them, to accept is to assume.
Are you saying that whatever you assume is true then this means that you are open?
Accepting what is present as existing is openness.
Advocate
Posts: 2560
Joined: Tue Sep 12, 2017 9:27 am
Contact:

Re: Infinity as Change

Post by Advocate »

[quote=Eodnhoj7 post_id=506350 time=1617762004 user_id=14533]
Accepting what is present as existing is openness.
[/quote]

Acceptance is of two kinds, usually confused, which do you mean, acknowledgement or capitulation?
Age
Posts: 6634
Joined: Sun Aug 05, 2018 8:17 am

Re: Infinity as Change

Post by Age »

Eodnhoj7 wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 3:20 am
Age wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 2:53 am
Eodnhoj7 wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 1:17 am
To be open is to accept what is in front of them, to accept is to assume.
Are you saying that whatever you assume is true then this means that you are open?
Accepting what is present as existing is openness.
But you said, " 'to accept' is 'to assume' ". Which means you could accept/assume ABSOLUTELY ANY thing as being "what is present as existing", like, for example, accepting/assuming that the earth, presently as existing, is flat or at the absolute center of the Universe, and that this means that you are "open", correct?

To me, accepting what is present as existing would NOT entail ANY 'assuming' AT ALL. In fact, to me, the VERY OPPOSITE could be construed. That is; ASSUMING something is true or right, in and of itself, is NOT accepting what is present as existing.
Eodnhoj7
Posts: 6868
Joined: Mon Mar 13, 2017 3:18 am

Re: Infinity as Change

Post by Eodnhoj7 »

Advocate wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 3:31 am
Eodnhoj7 wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 3:20 am Accepting what is present as existing is openness.
Acceptance is of two kinds, usually confused, which do you mean, acknowledgement or capitulation?
Acknowledgment is accepting terms of condition.
Eodnhoj7
Posts: 6868
Joined: Mon Mar 13, 2017 3:18 am

Re: Infinity as Change

Post by Eodnhoj7 »

Age wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 3:35 am
Eodnhoj7 wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 3:20 am
Age wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 2:53 am

Are you saying that whatever you assume is true then this means that you are open?
Accepting what is present as existing is openness.
But you said, " 'to accept' is 'to assume' ". Which means you could accept/assume ABSOLUTELY ANY thing as being "what is present as existing", like, for example, accepting/assuming that the earth, presently as existing, is flat or at the absolute center of the Universe, and that this means that you are "open", correct?

To me, accepting what is present as existing would NOT entail ANY 'assuming' AT ALL. In fact, to me, the VERY OPPOSITE could be construed. That is; ASSUMING something is true or right, in and of itself, is NOT accepting what is present as existing.
Accepting the earth as flat is to accept it as a theory. The earth is flat is a theory, to accept it is to accept it as a theory.

Dually truth is existence, to accept existence is to accept a degree of truth as to what is accepted.
Age
Posts: 6634
Joined: Sun Aug 05, 2018 8:17 am

Re: Infinity as Change

Post by Age »

Eodnhoj7 wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 12:10 am
Age wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 3:35 am
Eodnhoj7 wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 3:20 am
Accepting what is present as existing is openness.
But you said, " 'to accept' is 'to assume' ". Which means you could accept/assume ABSOLUTELY ANY thing as being "what is present as existing", like, for example, accepting/assuming that the earth, presently as existing, is flat or at the absolute center of the Universe, and that this means that you are "open", correct?

To me, accepting what is present as existing would NOT entail ANY 'assuming' AT ALL. In fact, to me, the VERY OPPOSITE could be construed. That is; ASSUMING something is true or right, in and of itself, is NOT accepting what is present as existing.
Accepting the earth as flat is to accept it as a theory. The earth is flat is a theory, to accept it is to accept it as a theory.
You can 'try to' keep twisting and distorting things further and further. But you said what you said, and if you can NOT back up and support what you want to say, or said, then I suggest not saying 'it'.
Eodnhoj7 wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 12:10 am Dually truth is existence, to accept existence is to accept a degree of truth as to what is accepted.
You go around and around and/or adding more and more, while never actually saying anything Truly meaningful, to me.

I suggest just saying one thing, and STICKING TO 'that'.
owl of Minerva
Posts: 61
Joined: Wed Jan 23, 2019 9:16 pm

Re: Infinity as Change

Post by owl of Minerva »

"It is the continual repetition of a phenomenon which makes it infinite."

A phenomenon cannot be infinite as it is subject to change. The underlying substance, if not subject to change, is infinite. The number one as an idea changes in the sense of describing different phenomenon, therefore it is not infinite. Only a substance that is not subject to change can be considered infinite.
Post Reply