Philosophy videos

For all things philosophical.

Moderators: AMod, iMod

User avatar
GreatandWiseTrixie
Posts: 1587
Joined: Tue Feb 03, 2015 9:51 pm

Re: Philosophy videos

Post by GreatandWiseTrixie » Sat Feb 07, 2015 3:57 am


Systematic
Posts: 187
Joined: Wed Feb 04, 2015 5:29 am

Re: Philosophy videos

Post by Systematic » Sat Feb 07, 2015 8:49 am

GreatandWiseTrixie wrote:Made a vid about life. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LVKFL0ImCl8
:shock: Apparently the whole point of life is to become a sacrifice on top of a Mayan pyramid. And then she plays that song by Linkin' Park: "We're building it up/ To break it back down." You guys can call me crazy, but I associated that song with the attacks against the twin towers on 9/11.

To be fair she may just be commenting on how life is rather than how it should be.

User avatar
GreatandWiseTrixie
Posts: 1587
Joined: Tue Feb 03, 2015 9:51 pm

Re: Philosophy videos

Post by GreatandWiseTrixie » Sat Feb 07, 2015 8:59 am

Systematic wrote:
GreatandWiseTrixie wrote:Made a vid about life. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LVKFL0ImCl8
:shock: Apparently the whole point of life is to become a sacrifice on top of a Mayan pyramid. And then she plays that song by Linkin' Park: "We're building it up/ To break it back down." You guys can call me crazy, but I associated that song with the attacks against the twin towers on 9/11.

To be fair she may just be commenting on how life is rather than how it should be.
Yes I am commenting on the here and now, it is an open ended video.

Mayan pyramid is only a metaphor, it could be any kind of pyramid, Aztec, Incan, Hindu, even Egyptian.
Also my fantasy was I was never to be on top, but the bottom.

Systematic
Posts: 187
Joined: Wed Feb 04, 2015 5:29 am

Re: Philosophy videos

Post by Systematic » Sat Feb 07, 2015 1:08 pm

GreatandWiseTrixie wrote: Mayan pyramid is only a metaphor, it could be any kind of pyramid, Aztec, Incan, Hindu, even Egyptian.
Also my fantasy was I was never to be on top, but the bottom.
Well my fantasy was always to be on top of the pyramid. I think that those on the bottom are imagining themselves to be on the top. They think to themselves, "Look at this powerful person whom I serve. I must also be powerful."

It's all in the worship songs in church: "What a mighty God we serve. Our God is an awesome God."
You never hear: "My God is a pathetic loser." Though they might hear it from me, because I think that anyone who would dominate me is an asshole.

Except, I would have to admit that I am rather servile with women. I'm admitting this because of that other video that you had me watch where they talk about S&M being a pure version of sexuality like cocaine is a pure drug. I don't want to go into the details, and I dare you to try to force me. Thank you for making me ashamed of myself for liking that. I probably deserve to be punished. I just need a grammar Nazi, so I can become a cunning linguist. I'm probably crossing a line of public propriety, but I don't care, because I am also an exhibitionist.

Confused yet? I'm not sure if I was arguing against what you believe or for it, but I need a cigarette.

User avatar
GreatandWiseTrixie
Posts: 1587
Joined: Tue Feb 03, 2015 9:51 pm

Re: Philosophy videos

Post by GreatandWiseTrixie » Sat Feb 07, 2015 5:38 pm

Systematic wrote:
GreatandWiseTrixie wrote: Mayan pyramid is only a metaphor, it could be any kind of pyramid, Aztec, Incan, Hindu, even Egyptian.
Also my fantasy was I was never to be on top, but the bottom.
Well my fantasy was always to be on top of the pyramid. I think that those on the bottom are imagining themselves to be on the top. They think to themselves, "Look at this powerful person whom I serve. I must also be powerful."

It's all in the worship songs in church: "What a mighty God we serve. Our God is an awesome God."
You never hear: "My God is a pathetic loser." Though they might hear it from me, because I think that anyone who would dominate me is an asshole.

Except, I would have to admit that I am rather servile with women. I'm admitting this because of that other video that you had me watch where they talk about S&M being a pure version of sexuality like cocaine is a pure drug. I don't want to go into the details, and I dare you to try to force me. Thank you for making me ashamed of myself for liking that. I probably deserve to be punished. I just need a grammar Nazi, so I can become a cunning linguist. I'm probably crossing a line of public propriety, but I don't care, because I am also an exhibitionist.

Confused yet? I'm not sure if I was arguing against what you believe or for it, but I need a cigarette.
This is true, in fact even on a psychological level this is true. For when a religious person approaches someone, enticing them to follow their God, if one rejects their religion...they feel no different than a woman scorned, rejected. This is because (although they will say otherwise) their God is not just All Things, but is centrally within themselves, so it as if they themselves were rejected. This is why there are so many cherry-picking Christians, whose God moral beliefs conveniently matches their own, because God is a part of their own egos.

Systematic
Posts: 187
Joined: Wed Feb 04, 2015 5:29 am

Re: Philosophy videos

Post by Systematic » Sun Feb 08, 2015 1:26 am

GreatandWiseTrixie wrote: This is true, in fact even on a psychological level this is true. For when a religious person approaches someone, enticing them to follow their God, if one rejects their religion...they feel no different than a woman scorned, rejected. This is because (although they will say otherwise) their God is not just All Things, but is centrally within themselves, so it as if they themselves were rejected. This is why there are so many cherry-picking Christians, whose God moral beliefs conveniently matches their own, because God is a part of their own egos.
No, they have a cherry-picked religion, because they believe their own pastors. They are brainwashed. Their farce of a morality is based on what they have heard.

Do you often feel scorned, rejected, and powerless. Is that why you have embraced a philosophy where powerlessness is evil? Is that why you overpower people with your thoughts? Do you feel as though that will fill the hole in your heart that yearns to be heard and understood? Well don't take people not listening to you as an insult to you personally. They are just highly resistant to brainwashing. I think that you have little defense against brainwashing, because you want to be open-minded and listen to others, just as you want them to listen to you. It's admirable to want to listen, but you have to also realize that some people are vicious vipers who will stop at nothing to trick you. Settle for nothing but the truth, and people who love truth will love to listen to you.

User avatar
GreatandWiseTrixie
Posts: 1587
Joined: Tue Feb 03, 2015 9:51 pm

Re: Philosophy videos

Post by GreatandWiseTrixie » Sun Feb 08, 2015 3:44 pm

Systematic wrote:Do you often feel scorned, rejected, and powerless. Is that why you have embraced a philosophy where powerlessness is evil? Is that why you overpower people with your thoughts? Do you feel as though that will fill the hole in your heart that yearns to be heard and understood? Well don't take people not listening to you as an insult to you personally. They are just highly resistant to brainwashing. I think that you have little defense against brainwashing, because you want to be open-minded and listen to others, just as you want them to listen to you. It's admirable to want to listen, but you have to also realize that some people are vicious vipers who will stop at nothing to trick you. Settle for nothing but the truth, and people who love truth will love to listen to you.
I do not spread my knowledge for mere cheap entertainment and attention-whoring, I propagate my wisdom throughout the galaxy, because look around you, this planet has none. Left to your own devices, I doubt you would ever stumble upon my wisdom, not in a thousand years, with all of the censoring and forced attitudes, poisoning water, poisoning mind direction the globe is taking. In fact, the human brain has shrunken drastically in size since 10,000 years ago, in fact "caveman" has become a kind of compliment. It is possible that a great sage may arrive some time after my death, but I leave nothing to chance. In addition, I hope my broadcasts will reach the aliens, who are technology advanced but I am unsure of their actual wisdom. As for what my wisdom actually is, I am wise like a sage, I can offer solutions towards your petty personal and social problems, and wimpy philosophies, but my true wisdom, my opus, is already known by a few people. Unfortunately, these people do not value their own wisdom, and due to peer pressure, and lack of other kinds of wisdom and strength, cast their opus and truest wisdom aside in the dirt, not knowing how to broadcast themselves in a strong way.

As for powerlessness, everything that will happen, will happen. I am only playing my role, as are you. You don't have any free-will on the matter, we might as well be looking at past memories, a rollercoaster.

Systematic
Posts: 187
Joined: Wed Feb 04, 2015 5:29 am

Re: Philosophy videos

Post by Systematic » Sun Feb 08, 2015 7:19 pm

Will you please share your opus? I'm not promising that I'll believe everything, but I'll give it a chance.

User avatar
GreatandWiseTrixie
Posts: 1587
Joined: Tue Feb 03, 2015 9:51 pm

Re: Philosophy videos

Post by GreatandWiseTrixie » Sun Feb 08, 2015 10:02 pm

Systematic wrote:Will you please share your opus? I'm not promising that I'll believe everything, but I'll give it a chance.
The first part is here. It is not to be believed, but understood. https://docs.google.com/document/d/1E9i ... edit?pli=1

There are a total of 6 parts.

Systematic
Posts: 187
Joined: Wed Feb 04, 2015 5:29 am

Re: Philosophy videos

Post by Systematic » Mon Feb 09, 2015 8:23 am

GreatandWiseTrixie wrote:
Systematic wrote:Will you please share your opus? I'm not promising that I'll believe everything, but I'll give it a chance.
The first part is here. It is not to be believed, but understood. https://docs.google.com/document/d/1E9i ... edit?pli=1

There are a total of 6 parts.
Trixie, stop listening to the deceiver. Life is not suffering. You suffer because you have listened to the deceiver. You need to get a grip on reality instead of assuming that reality sucks. Your mind is in a prison, so all you know is the prison. Since you have always been in the prison, you assume that it is reality and that reality sucks. The answers are not in escape from reality but in knowing the true reality—the one beyond your prison. You deserve to be free. If you are not happy, do you really think that you should stop seeking happiness? We've all lost our happiness, because we are no longer wise. We are no longer wise, because we have believed the lies that have been forced into our heads. That is the prison. That is the torture. We are so hungry for truth that we eat the lies. They contain some truth but not enough to make us wise. I love you. You can do this. Don't give up. I have no idea where this is coming from, but it all seems so true.

User avatar
GreatandWiseTrixie
Posts: 1587
Joined: Tue Feb 03, 2015 9:51 pm

Re: Philosophy videos

Post by GreatandWiseTrixie » Mon Feb 09, 2015 3:32 pm

Systematic wrote:
GreatandWiseTrixie wrote:
Systematic wrote:Will you please share your opus? I'm not promising that I'll believe everything, but I'll give it a chance.
The first part is here. It is not to be believed, but understood. https://docs.google.com/document/d/1E9i ... edit?pli=1

There are a total of 6 parts.
Trixie, stop listening to the deceiver. Life is not suffering. You suffer because you have listened to the deceiver. You need to get a grip on reality instead of assuming that reality sucks. Your mind is in a prison, so all you know is the prison. Since you have always been in the prison, you assume that it is reality and that reality sucks. The answers are not in escape from reality but in knowing the true reality—the one beyond your prison. You deserve to be free. If you are not happy, do you really think that you should stop seeking happiness? We've all lost our happiness, because we are no longer wise. We are no longer wise, because we have believed the lies that have been forced into our heads. That is the prison. That is the torture. We are so hungry for truth that we eat the lies. They contain some truth but not enough to make us wise. I love you. You can do this. Don't give up. I have no idea where this is coming from, but it all seems so true.
What seems true, is not always true.

I will copy and paste my reply from my other thread, for ease of use.
"Nature is suffering. Mankind is the pinnacle of nature's suffering. Mankind will propagate through the galaxy spreading it's ignorance and suffering. Even if, hypothetically speaking, what you said was true, and existence was not suffering, mankind would surely sabotage every pleasant thing in the universe.

But what you are saying is not true. Life itself, existence itself is suffering, even without mankind's interference. If you were a god, would you really want to live forever? Thus the gods distract themselves with idle endeavors, to avoid the pain of existence itself.

I've come to know many of those kumbaya, peace and love hippie types. When you get to know them better, they turn out to be selfish, wretched, and miserable creatures, just like the others. If you really think there is some hope for salvaging this species, I suggest performing DNA experiments at once. You can't break what's already broken. And, if you do manage to create a being without suffering (which I firmly, and completely, believe is impossible) the others would ruin it immediately. There is no deceiver who deceived me about this fact. I hated life even when I first exited the womb. Though, through teachings presented to me, and various distractions saving me from the pain of existence itself, I deluded myself into believing I was happy."

User avatar
Bill Wiltrack
Posts: 5445
Joined: Sat Nov 03, 2007 1:52 pm
Location: Cleveland, Ohio, USA
Contact:

Re: Philosophy videos

Post by Bill Wiltrack » Mon Feb 09, 2015 7:37 pm

.






...........................................
Image


............................................Life is Suffering

................................................~ Buddha ~






.

User avatar
GreatandWiseTrixie
Posts: 1587
Joined: Tue Feb 03, 2015 9:51 pm

Re: Philosophy videos

Post by GreatandWiseTrixie » Mon Feb 09, 2015 8:02 pm

Bill Wiltrack wrote:.






...........................................
Image


............................................Life is Suffering

................................................~ Buddha ~






.






...........................................Image


............................................Suffering is Humorous

.........................................................................~ Trixie ~

User avatar
Bill Wiltrack
Posts: 5445
Joined: Sat Nov 03, 2007 1:52 pm
Location: Cleveland, Ohio, USA
Contact:

Re: Philosophy videos

Post by Bill Wiltrack » Mon Feb 09, 2015 8:17 pm

.




............................................................
AWESOME pic!




.

User avatar
GreatandWiseTrixie
Posts: 1587
Joined: Tue Feb 03, 2015 9:51 pm

Re: Philosophy videos

Post by GreatandWiseTrixie » Tue Feb 10, 2015 2:04 am

Bill Wiltrack wrote:.




............................................................
AWESOME pic!




.
Thanks

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: jayjacobus and 10 guests