Is logic at its root fundamentally programmable?

For all things philosophical.

Moderators: AMod, iMod

attofishpi

Re: Is logic at its root fundamentally programmable?

Post by attofishpi »

DOES LOGIC EXIST WITHOUT OUR COMPREHENSION OF IT?
RCSaunders

Post by RCSaunders »

Skepdick wrote: Tue Feb 16, 2021 6:20 pm If you want "completely free choice" - then choose to travel faster than the speed of light.
I travel faster than light all the time. I just can't make anyone else see it.
Skepdick

Post by Skepdick »

RCSaunders wrote: Sat May 15, 2021 8:12 pm I travel faster than light all the time. I just can't make anyone else see it.
I am not the least bit interested in seeing it.

I want to know what test/experiment you performed to assure yourself that you actually did it; and what steps you took to ensure you aren't fooling yourself.
RCSaunders

Post by RCSaunders »

Skepdick wrote: Thu May 27, 2021 5:23 pm
RCSaunders wrote: Sat May 15, 2021 8:12 pm I travel faster than light all the time. I just can't make anyone else see it.
I am not the least bit interested in seeing it.

I want to know what test/experiment you performed to assure yourself that you actually did it; and what steps you took to ensure you aren't fooling yourself.
I am fooling someone, but it's not myself.
Skepdick

Post by Skepdick »

RCSaunders wrote: Thu May 27, 2021 8:45 pm I am fooling someone, but it's not myself.
When you claim that you travel faster than light you are the only person in the equation.

Who else is there to fool? Your other personalities?

The first principle is that you must not fool yourself and you are the easiest person to fool. --Richard Feynman
RCSaunders

Post by RCSaunders »

Skepdick wrote: Fri May 28, 2021 6:48 am
RCSaunders wrote: Thu May 27, 2021 8:45 pm I am fooling someone, but it's not myself.
When you claim that you travel faster than light you are the only person in the equation.

Who else is there to fool? Your other personalities?

The first principle is that you must not fool yourself and you are the easiest person to fool. --Richard Feynman
Well there you go. I tried to let you off the hook, but I guess subtleties are a little too difficult for you. It was a joke!

Do you really think I was claiming to travel faster than light? You didn't notice I said, but no one else can see it?

Here's what I said. Maybe you'll get it this time:

"I travel faster than light all the time. I just can't make anyone else see it."

...because if I actually did travel faster then light, how could anyone see it. [I hate having to explain a joke and be reminded I dwell in a world of idiots who take themselves way too seriously.]
Skepdick

Post by Skepdick »

RCSaunders wrote: Fri May 28, 2021 3:01 pm Well there you go. I tried to let you off the hook, but I guess subtleties are a little too difficult for you. It was a joke!

Do you really think I was claiming to travel faster than light? You didn't notice I said, but no one else can see it?

"I travel faster than light all the time. I just can't make anyone else see it."

...because if I actually did travel faster then light, how could anyone see it. [I hate having to explain a joke and be reminded I dwell in a world of idiots who take themselves way too seriously.]
Hahahahahahaha!

(I am laughing at you, not with you)
RCSaunders

Post by RCSaunders »

Skepdick wrote: Fri May 28, 2021 3:12 pm
RCSaunders wrote: Fri May 28, 2021 3:01 pm Well there you go. I tried to let you off the hook, but I guess subtleties are a little too difficult for you. It was a joke!

Hahahahahahaha!

(I am laughing at you, not with you)
Good! As long as you are laughing, I'm content. I don't mind being laughed at, if it gives you enjoyment.