personhood

For all things philosophical.

Moderators: AMod, iMod

henry quirk

Re: sin eaters, unite! wtf?

Post by henry quirk »

uwot wrote: Mon Oct 19, 2020 12:02 pm
henry quirk wrote: Mon Oct 19, 2020 11:19 am No one here is obliged to say anything, but anyone who doesn't want their opinions challenged is a fucking idiot for airing them.

if he's just another nutjob, why is it so important for you to challenge him?
As Bertrand Russell said: 'One of the symptoms of an approaching nervous breakdown is the belief that one's work is terribly important.' I just think Mr Can's ideas are horrible, the way he defends them utterly dishonest and calling anyone who doesn't accept his bollocks "irrational" is a bloody cheek. Why is it so important for you to defend him?
I defend him cuz he's my friend

you challenge him why?
uwot

Post by uwot »

henry quirk wrote: Mon Oct 19, 2020 12:10 pm
uwot wrote: Mon Oct 19, 2020 12:02 pmMr Can's ideas are horrible, the way he defends them utterly dishonest and calling anyone who doesn't accept his bollocks "irrational" is a bloody cheek. Why is it so important for you to defend him?

you challenge him why?
Well Henry Quirk, if the reasons I have already given aren't good enough, you'll just have to live with a mystery.
henry quirk

Post by henry quirk »

uwot wrote: Mon Oct 19, 2020 12:33 pm
henry quirk wrote: Mon Oct 19, 2020 12:10 pm
uwot wrote: Mon Oct 19, 2020 12:02 pmMr Can's ideas are horrible, the way he defends them utterly dishonest and calling anyone who doesn't accept his bollocks "irrational" is a bloody cheek. Why is it so important for you to defend him?

you challenge him why?
Well Henry Quirk, if the reasons I have already given aren't good enough, you'll just have to live with a mystery.
he's a nutjob who worships a monster, who talks about it in a forum where he has no power to compel anyone to do anything

yep, I can certainly see why challengin' him is important to you
uwot

Post by uwot »

henry quirk wrote: Mon Oct 19, 2020 12:44 pmhe's a nutjob who worships a monster who talks about it in a forum where he has no power to compel anyone to do anything

yep, I can certainly see why challengin' him is important to you
What is your point? Do you think challenging me will achieve any more than I achieve by challenging your rude, impotent, monster worshipping, nutjob friend?
henry quirk

Post by henry quirk »

Do you think challenging me will achieve any more than I achieve by challenging your rude, impotent, monster worshipping, nutjob friend?

not really

as I say: I'm just defendin' a friend (and wonderin' why he's such a threat)
uwot

Post by uwot »

henry quirk wrote: Mon Oct 19, 2020 1:28 pmI'm just defendin' a friend (and wonderin' why he's such a threat)
Very noble of you, but Mr Can cannot even defend himself, he is therefore no threat.
henry quirk

Post by henry quirk »

uwot wrote: Mon Oct 19, 2020 1:53 pm
henry quirk wrote: Mon Oct 19, 2020 1:28 pmI'm just defendin' a friend (and wonderin' why he's such a threat)
Very noble of you, but Mr Can cannot even defend himself, he is therefore no threat.
now I'm even more puzzled...
uwot

Post by uwot »

henry quirk wrote: Mon Oct 19, 2020 2:20 pm
uwot wrote: Mon Oct 19, 2020 1:53 pmVery noble of you, but Mr Can cannot even defend himself, he is therefore no threat.
Funny old world, isn't it? See, I'm slightly puzzled that you apparently think I should only engage with what I perceive as a threat. Is that why you are in this conversation? That's meant as a rhetorical question, but take it seriously if you wish.
henry quirk

Post by henry quirk »

uwot wrote: Mon Oct 19, 2020 2:38 pm
henry quirk wrote: Mon Oct 19, 2020 2:20 pm
uwot wrote: Mon Oct 19, 2020 1:53 pmVery noble of you, but Mr Can cannot even defend himself, he is therefore no threat.
Funny old world, isn't it? See, I'm slightly puzzled that you apparently think I should only engage with what I perceive as a threat. Is that why you are in this conversation? That's meant as a rhetorical question, but take it seriously if you wish.
I'm motivated by curiosity

why, I ask myself, should anyone give a rude, impotent, monster worshipping, nutjob any attention?

if he's not a threat, if he offers nuthin' of value, if his view is vacant, if tusslin' with him is meaningless, then what's the point?
uwot

Post by uwot »

henry quirk wrote: Mon Oct 19, 2020 2:44 pmI'm motivated by curiosity

why, I ask myself, should anyone give a rude, impotent, monster worshipping, nutjob any attention?

if he's not a threat, if he offers nuthin' of value, if his view is vacant, if tusslin' with him is meaningless, then what's the point?
I'm motivated by curiosity.
henry quirk

Post by henry quirk »

uwot wrote: Mon Oct 19, 2020 2:48 pm
henry quirk wrote: Mon Oct 19, 2020 2:44 pmI'm motivated by curiosity

I'm motivated by curiosity.
really? your posts to Mannie seem more venomous than curious, but: I'm inclined to take your word

uwot is curious about a rude, impotent, monster worshipping, nutjob: okay
uwot

Post by uwot »

henry quirk wrote: Mon Oct 19, 2020 3:05 pm
uwot wrote: Mon Oct 19, 2020 2:48 pm I'm motivated by curiosity.
really? your posts to Mannie seem more venomous than curious, but: I'm inclined to take your word
If that were true, you would have done so here:
uwot wrote: Mon Oct 19, 2020 12:02 pmMr Can's ideas are horrible, the way he defends them utterly dishonest and calling anyone who doesn't accept his bollocks "irrational" is a bloody cheek.
henry quirk wrote: Mon Oct 19, 2020 3:05 pmuwot is curious about a rude, impotent, monster worshipping, nutjob: okay
Well, when you said so, it was so laughably disingenuous, I thought I'd just throw it back at you.
henry quirk

Post by henry quirk »

uwot wrote: Mon Oct 19, 2020 3:39 pm
henry quirk wrote: Mon Oct 19, 2020 3:05 pm
uwot wrote: Mon Oct 19, 2020 2:48 pm I'm motivated by curiosity.
If that were true, you would have done so here:
uwot wrote: Mon Oct 19, 2020 12:02 pmMr Can's ideas are horrible, the way he defends them utterly dishonest and calling anyone who doesn't accept his bollocks "irrational" is a bloody cheek.
henry quirk wrote: Mon Oct 19, 2020 3:05 pmuwot is curious about a rude, impotent, monster worshipping, nutjob: okay
Well, when you said so, it was so laughably disingenuous, I thought I'd just throw it back at you.
oh, I see...okay
gaffo

Re: personhood

Post by gaffo »

henry quirk wrote: Tue Oct 06, 2020 1:55 pm what is a person?
Corporations, just ask Alito and his brethren.

Citizen's United - like Plessy vs furgusson the century before.

both oporent both fully legal both the worse rulling in centuries.

-

but hey Corporations are people and money is speech - you voted for Agent Orange, and he affirm$$ money as speech and Corps as good folks, so you are fine and dandy.
henry quirk

Re: personhood

Post by henry quirk »

gaffo wrote: Thu Nov 12, 2020 12:49 am
henry quirk wrote: Tue Oct 06, 2020 1:55 pm what is a person?
Corporations, just ask Alito and his brethren.

Citizen's United - like Plessy vs furgusson the century before.

both oporent both fully legal both the worse rulling in centuries.

-

but hey Corporations are people and money is speech - you voted for Agent Orange, and he affirm$$ money as speech and Corps as good folks, so you are fine and dandy.
you voted for Agent Orange

yes, I did

wanna know why, or are you happy just throwin' crap at me?

as for personhood...

as I say: there seem to be three broad strains of thought on the subject

1-personhood is bestowed

2-personhood is intrinsic

3-personhood is illusion

most here have no real interest in the subject

you?