Gender Neutral Education

For all things philosophical.

Moderators: AMod, iMod

RWStanding

Gender Neutral Education

Post by RWStanding »

Gender Neutral Education
There is a vast difference between bringing-up children to respect themselves and each other, as of the same overall ability, as against making them believe they are the same.
For the most part there are distinct boys and girls. They should respect themselves and each other in those categories. There is probably nothing about the human brain to determine that the sexes have different levels of aptitude in any subject.
It must be absurd to educate them such as to make them imagine they are all one, or may be anything other than what they are. Boys and girls have different roles in life, in total equality.
Anarchistic society may treat the sexes as one - at an extreme of folly. Altruistic society treats the sexes as equal in value.
What tyrannical society is apt to do may be imagined.
Sculptor

Re: Gender Neutral Education

Post by Sculptor »

RWStanding wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 11:04 am Gender Neutral Education
There is a vast difference between bringing-up children to respect themselves and each other, as of the same overall ability, as against making them believe they are the same.
For the most part there are distinct boys and girls. They should respect themselves and each other in those categories. There is probably nothing about the human brain to determine that the sexes have different levels of aptitude in any subject.
That is old thinking. Gender neutrality is a myth of the 1960-80s.
Actually there are key differences in the brains of boys and girls that are not impressed there by cultural indoctrination.
Psychological studies of very young children show that girls and boys are naturally attracted to toys of their gender, before the norms of society enculturate them.
Girls are dressed as boys and boys as girls. Adults with not prior knowledge are asked to play with the children and are presented with a range of toys neither adults nor children have seen. Adults try to encourage boys dressed as girls to play with the dolls and cuddly toys; and adults try to encourage girls dressed as boys to show interest in toy fire engines, tanks and police cars.
Despite positive attitudes towards the toy choices, the babies remain unhappy, uninterested and confused. The result is that adults are fooled, but the children are not. The children are responding to innate preferences that the adults try to encourage, but as they children are not the gender they think they are.
There were some exceptions where some of the boys dressed like girls accepted the feminine toys; they later turned out to be gay.
The make brain is more practical and viso-spatially intelligent. The feminine brain more caring better at mathematics. Boys are the most intelligent,but also by far the most stupid. There being far more under achieving boys than super smart boys. Girls intelligence curve means that they are more reliably intelligent as their achievement curve is ahead of boys and has steeper sides.
But from each individual you cannot tell. Any given girl might have better practical skills than a boy; and vice versa.
It must be absurd to educate them such as to make them imagine they are all one, or may be anything other than what they are. Boys and girls have different roles in life, in total equality.
Anarchistic society may treat the sexes as one - at an extreme of folly. Altruistic society treats the sexes as equal in value.
What tyrannical society is apt to do may be imagined.
It is not for you, or the education system to condemn any child to a specific and state determined "ROLE".
No society ever treated the sexes as one. You are living in a dream world. And no society has the right to condemn only boys to fight and die in war, nor condemn a woman to the drudgery of life behind the kitchen sink.
There are no prescribed roles for men and women. A decent society would offer a range of opportunities to people regardless of their gender or gender preferences.
RCSaunders

Post by RCSaunders »

Sculptor wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 11:30 am It is not for you, or the education system to condemn any child to a specific and state determined "ROLE".
You're right but you don't go far enough.

"It is not for you, or the education system, or society, to condemn any child to a specific and state determined 'ROLE'."

It's not up to society to educate other people's children in the first place. Government forced education is the problem--there is no way to fix it because there is no right way to do the wrong thing.
Sculptor

Post by Sculptor »

RCSaunders wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 8:27 pm
Sculptor wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 11:30 am It is not for you, or the education system to condemn any child to a specific and state determined "ROLE".
You're right but you don't go far enough.

"It is not for you, or the education system, or society, to condemn any child to a specific and state determined 'ROLE'."

It's not up to society to educate other people's children in the first place. Government forced education is the problem--there is no way to fix it because there is no right way to do the wrong thing.
If there were no government funded education our country would seen be at the mercy of many others whose children have more know how than ours.
If there were no government funded education there would be mass illiteracy and ignorance.
Young people would be at the mercy of fake news and fake memes even more than they are today.
If it were not for state education I would not be typing this message since there was no money to pay for my schooling nor any of my siblings or peers.
RCSaunders

Post by RCSaunders »

Sculptor wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 8:34 pm If it were not for state education I would not be typing this message ....
I'm sure that's true. They've trained you well.
Sculptor

Post by Sculptor »

RCSaunders wrote: Wed Jul 15, 2020 1:59 pm
Sculptor wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 8:34 pm If it were not for state education I would not be typing this message ....
And neither could you read it.
RCSaunders

Post by RCSaunders »

Sculptor wrote: Wed Jul 15, 2020 3:54 pm
My adopted sister and I both read long before being forced into a government child day prison, err, I mean attending public school. If one can read with real comprehension it is in spite of the mind-numbing indoctrination government schools force on children.

All real learning is autodidactic. You cannot force knowledge into someone else's head.
Sculptor

Post by Sculptor »

RCSaunders wrote: Wed Jul 15, 2020 4:39 pm
Sculptor wrote: Wed Jul 15, 2020 3:54 pm
My adopted sister and I both read long before being forced into a government child day prison, err, I mean attending public school. If one can read with real comprehension it is in spite of the mind-numbing indoctrination government schools force on children.

All real learning is autodidactic. You cannot force knowledge into someone else's head.
It's not all about you.
People fought for the right to education. The advent of literacy has transformed the lives on millions.
RCSaunders

Post by RCSaunders »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Wed Jul 15, 2020 7:06 pm
Sculptor wrote: Wed Jul 15, 2020 6:39 pm
RCSaunders wrote: Wed Jul 15, 2020 4:39 pm

It's not all about you.
People fought for the right to education. The advent of literacy has transformed the lives on millions.
They didn't fight for the right to have their children socially engineered by up-themselves wankers.
No they didn't. Unfortunately most of them had no idea what they were supposed to be fighting for, but if it was for freedom, they never got it.
RCSaunders

Post by RCSaunders »

Sculptor wrote: Wed Jul 15, 2020 6:39 pm It's not all about you.
Actually it is. Whatever is not about me I have neither a stake or interest in.

Such as whether anyone else likes that opinion or not. It just doesn't matter.
Sculptor

Post by Sculptor »

RCSaunders wrote: Thu Jul 16, 2020 2:03 am
Sculptor wrote: Wed Jul 15, 2020 6:39 pm It's not all about you.
Actually it is. Whatever is not about me I have neither a stake or interest in.

Such as whether anyone else likes that opinion or not. It just doesn't matter.
Exactly - it's not all about you.