Red Sun

For all things philosophical.

Moderators: AMod, iMod

vegetariantaxidermy

Red Sun

Post by vegetariantaxidermy »

I was marvelling today at the beautiful red Sun, subdued enough to look at through sunglasses with little discomfort.
I googled it and found out that the reason for the phenomenon is that apparently Australia is on fire.
Australia has recently voted in a Govt. of science-denying religious nuts, geniuses who are responding to the disaster with this sort of arsewipe comment: ''Deputy Prime Minister Michael McCormack was next to dismiss climate change as the concerns of "raving inner-city lefties," arguing, "We've had fires in Australia since time began." '' Oh dear. What has the Australian public done? I hope they don't expect us to be their lifeboat.

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfr ... sobedience

Dubious

Re: Red Sun

Post by Dubious »

I read the article from The Guardian. I read a lot of their articles. The image is apocalyptic and thoroughly demoralising. To my mind it should be acknowledged that what’s happening now with global warming is by far the most evil event in all of human history. We caused it and keep causing it gambling with the possibility that there may be a point of no return when it comes down to environmental catastrophe. What a legacy for future generations! So this is what humans as the “intelligence” of the planet ultimately amounted to!

Just at the cusp when using our presumed intelligence is life and death critical we have a host of disgusting fuckers at the helm denying the problem exists all in the name of power and profit. Protests and hope is all very fine but how long will it take for that to take effect against the inertia of big governments and the corporations who unofficially rule them? Even now it looks like nature’s immolation drama is proceeding at a faster pace than our ability or will to react.

For me a true symbol of how loathsome, disgusting and filthy the human race turned out to be is how it unloads its garbage into the oceans creating whole islands of plastic. What kind of species does that kind of thing literally making a landfill out of its own planet, the one it was born on and dependent upon to survive? Of course, when I’m dead, none of this will matter but until then knowing I’m a member of the most abominable species that ever walked the planet is not what I ever expected to be a member of in spite of its obvious penchant for lying, deceit and overt criminality.
vegetariantaxidermy

Dubious wrote: Thu Jan 02, 2020 11:09 am I read the article from The Guardian. I read a lot of their articles. The image is apocalyptic and thoroughly demoralising. To my mind it should be acknowledged that what’s happening now with global warming is by far the most evil event in all of human history. We caused it and keep causing it gambling with the possibility that there may be a point of no return when it comes down to environmental catastrophe. What a legacy for future generations! So this is what humans as the “intelligence” of the planet ultimately amounted to!

Just at the cusp when using our presumed intelligence is life and death critical we have a host of disgusting fuckers at the helm denying the problem exists all in the name of power and profit. Protests and hope is all very fine but how long will it take for that to take effect against the inertia of big governments and the corporations who unofficially rule them? Even now it looks like nature’s immolation drama is proceeding at a faster pace than our ability or will to react.

For me a true symbol of how loathsome, disgusting and filthy the human race turned out to be is how it unloads its garbage into the oceans creating whole islands of plastic. What kind of species does that kind of thing literally making a landfill out of its own planet, the one it was born on and dependent upon to survive? Of course, when I’m dead, none of this will matter but until then knowing I’m a member of the most abominable species that ever walked the planet is not what I ever expected to be a member of in spite of its obvious penchant for lying, deceit and overt criminality.
Yes. There are certainly a lot of fuckwits and it's getting worse. We have global warming yet mealy-mouthed, 'speciesist' PCwankers here are picking on hedgehogs and trying to get them eradicated because they 'might' eat some 'sacred native' slugs and wetas. Talk about thinking small. I really think we have bigger problems than innocent little hedgehogs eating some bloody bush-dwelling slug that no one ever sees. Habitat destruction by HUMAN pests is the biggest threat to wildlife. I wonder how many 'sacred native' slugs get squished every time a new noddy housing development goes up.
Impenitent

Post by Impenitent »

fitness? survival of the politically correct ...

-Imp
Walker

Post by Walker »

Yes, It’s True – It Appears Up To 90% Of Australian Brushfires Started By People / Arsonists

https://dcwhispers.com/yes-its-true-it- ... arsonists/

”In short, and very similar to what continues to take place in California and elsewhere, the primary cause of large brushfires in Australia is directly attributed to poor resource management.”

“Climate change didn’t set those fires in Australia.
People did. Let’s hope they are given the justice they deserve.”
vegetariantaxidermy

Walker wrote: Wed Jan 08, 2020 12:47 pm Yes, It’s True – It Appears Up To 90% Of Australian Brushfires Started By People / Arsonists

”In short, and very similar to what continues to take place in California and elsewhere, the primary cause of large brushfires in Australia is directly attributed to poor resource management.”

“Climate change didn’t set those fires in Australia.
People did. Let’s hope they are given the justice they deserve.”
I knew someone would come on here with this bullshit. It was only a matter of time.
You science-deniers really are the biggest kunts on the planet.

Because the temperatures have been so abnormally high everything is tinder-dry, so anything can set off a bushfire. Just because arsonists might have started a few of them hardly rules out global warming you total moron!

https://www.theguardian.com/australia-n ... lse-claims

''Bots and trolls spread false arson claims in Australian fires ‘disinformation campaign’
Online posts exaggerating the role of arson are being used to undermine the link between bushfires and climate change

Police contradict claims spread online exaggerating arson’s role in Australian bushfires

Bot and troll accounts are involved in a “disinformation campaign” exaggerating the role of arson in Australia’s bushfire disaster, social media analysis suggests.

The bushfires burning across the nation have been accompanied by repeated suggestions of an arson epidemic or “arson emergency”.''

The false claims are, in some cases, used to undermine the link between the current bushfires and the longer, more intense fire seasons brought about by climate change.

The Queensland University of Technology senior lecturer on social network analysis Dr Timothy Graham examined content published on the #arsonemergency hashtag on Twitter, assessing 1,340 tweets, 1,203 of which were unique, published by 315 accounts.
Using a Twitter bot detection tool, he assessed a random sample for bot-like characteristics.

His preliminary analysis found there is likely a “current disinformation campaign” on Twitter’s #arsonemergency hashtag due to the “suspiciously high number of bot-like and troll-like accounts”.

He similarly found a large number of suspicious accounts posting on the #australiafire and #bushfireaustralia hashtags.

“Australia suddenly appears to be getting swamped by mis/disinformation as a result of this environmental catastrophe, and we are suffering the consequences in terms of hyped up polarisation and an increased difficulty and inability for citizens to discern truth,” Graham told the Guardian.

“Looking at the kinds of accounts that post using the #ArsonEmergency hashtag, you see that these are individuals who are hyper-partisan ideologues, behaving in a way that is not reflective of the average Twitter user.

“The conspiracy theories going around (including arson as the main cause of the fires) reflect an increased distrust in scientific expertise, scepticism of the media, and rejection of liberal democratic authority. These are all major factors in the global fight against disinformation, and based on my preliminary analysis it appears that Australia has for better or worse entered that battlefield, at least for now.”

There is no dispute that arson is a serious problem in Australia, or that arsonists have not been active in the current bushfire season. NSW police say they have charged 24 people with deliberately lighting bushfires this season.

But that does not detract from the clear scientific evidence showing climate change is making Australia’s bushfire seasons longer and more severe. The Bureau of Meteorology’s clear advice is that climate change is “influencing the frequency and severity of dangerous bushfire conditions in Australia and other regions of the world, including through influencing temperature, environmental moisture, weather patterns and fuel conditions”.

The BoM states that there is some evidence that “climate change could influence the risk of ignitions from dry-lightning.

“Bushfire weather conditions in future years are projected to increase in severity for many regions of Australasia, including due to more extreme heat events, with the rate and magnitude of change increasing with greenhouse gas concentrations (and emissions),” the bureau says.

Claims about arson are not the only falsehoods being spread on social media. Other patently false claims include that the government has created the bushfire crisis to clear land for high-speed rail. Another absurd claim is that Islamic State is somehow responsible.

Several maps purporting to show the scale of the fires also vastly exaggerate their spread, including an artistic rendition of heat map that the artist never intended to be used as a true representation of the bushfires.''

The arseholes are even posting maps EXAGGERATING the fires so that they can come back with their sock puppet accounts to claim there's some sort of 'conspiracy' to make the fires seem worse than they are.
Makes you hate humans actually.

What a shame it isn't the US burning instead, where the vast majority of the science-denial originates.
Mind you, there is a glaring irony in the fact that Australia has a Govt. of science-denying religious fuckwits.

joey.jpg
joey.jpg (22.95 KiB) Viewed 2222 times

It's exactly the same as the creaturd movement. The bullshit starts with the ones with the money to employ professional liars. They are fully aware of what they are doing therefore they are fully aware that creationism is bullshit, and global waming-denial is bullshit. If either one had even a micron of credibility then they wouldn't need to lie now, would they?! Fortunately for them there are millions of gullible morons out there just like Walker here, who can't add two and two and are ready to believe ANYTHING as long as it helps them sleep easy and continue with their empty, worry-free little lives.
Walker

Post by Walker »

There you go sweet talkin' me again.
“Fire suppression became the dominant paradigm in fire management leading to a significant shift away from traditional burning practices. A 2001 study found that the disruption of traditional burning practices and the introduction of unrestrained logging meant that many areas of Australia were now prone to extensive wildfires especially in the dry season.[23] A similar study in 2017 found that the removal of mature trees by Europeans since they began to settle in Australia may have triggered extensive shrub regeneration which presents a much greater fire fuel hazard.[24] Another factor was the introduction of Gamba grass imported into Queensland as a pasture grass in 1942, and planted on a large scale from 1983. This can fuel intense bushfires, leading to loss of tree cover and long-term environmental damage.”

vegetariantaxidermy

Walker wrote: Wed Jan 08, 2020 9:06 pm There you go sweet talkin' me again.
“Fire suppression became the dominant paradigm in fire management leading to a significant shift away from traditional burning practices. A 2001 study found that the disruption of traditional burning practices and the introduction of unrestrained logging meant that many areas of Australia were now prone to extensive wildfires especially in the dry season.[23] A similar study in 2017 found that the removal of mature trees by Europeans since they began to settle in Australia may have triggered extensive shrub regeneration which presents a much greater fire fuel hazard.[24] Another factor was the introduction of Gamba grass imported into Queensland as a pasture grass in 1942, and planted on a large scale from 1983. This can fuel intense bushfires, leading to loss of tree cover and long-term environmental damage.”

Another link to the same yank religioturd fascist kunt website? FFS. What is wrong with you??
Walker

Post by Walker »

Is it factually wrong?

Where then, and how?
vegetariantaxidermy

Walker wrote: Wed Jan 08, 2020 9:50 pm Is it factually wrong?

Where then, and how?
:!:
Last edited by vegetariantaxidermy on Thu Jan 09, 2020 12:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
vegetariantaxidermy

https://www.nationalgeographic.com/scie ... irestorms/

''Intense ‘firestorms’ forming from Australia’s deadly wildfires
Apocalyptic in appearance, thunderstorms generated by wildfires generate lightning and produce winds that can carry dangerous embers for miles.''

Oh, look at this. Firestorm winds and dry lightning are causing the fires to spread. So it's firstorms that are causing the problem, not global warming.

BREAKING NEWS!!

Fire is causing the fires, NOT global warming.
Walker

Post by Walker »

Australia has always been a hot place.

Human stupidity applied to resource management, and not climate change, is the cause of the Australian wildfires.

Blaming the weather for short-sighted incompetence sounds like a Hail-Mary pass caught for the win.
vegetariantaxidermy

Walker wrote: Thu Jan 09, 2020 4:21 am Australia has always been a hot place.

Human stupidity applied to resource management, and not climate change, is the cause of the Australian wildfires.

Blaming the weather for short-sighted incompetence sounds like a Hail-Mary pass caught for the win.
Didn't I just agree with you? There is no global warming. It's fires that are causing the fires.
vegetariantaxidermy

Not to be a nuisance, but could you please explain what the FUCK that actually means??
Walker

Post by Walker »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Thu Jan 09, 2020 7:53 am

Not to be a nuisance, but could you please explain what the FUCK that actually means??
Always entertaining, rarely a nuisance.

What it means is, you gotta burn the bush before the bush burns you.
Just as interesting is this factual tidbit that, again, the far-left media chooses to ignore via Australian scientist, Tim Flannery:

In short, and very similar to what continues to take place in California and elsewhere, the primary cause of large brushfires in Australia is directly attributed to poor resource management. Historically, Australia’s Aborigines routinely engaged in annual control burns across the massive continent. When these burns were all but eliminated, allowing new growth underbrush along with the introduction of non-native grasses by European settlers, the opportunity for more damaging brushfire seasons intensified.