What role should a doctor have in your healthcare?

For all things philosophical.

Moderators: AMod, iMod

alidayvn

What role should a doctor have in your healthcare?

Post by alidayvn »

In the US, there are people that avoid them more than the flu, giving all sorts of reasons and excuses, while others rely on them heavy.

Much depends on personal philosophy (btw I got my flu shot last Thursday). I believe we all should use them to help combat disease. What do you think?

PhilX
commonsense

Re: What role should a doctor have in your healthcare?

Post by commonsense »

A doctor is a guide for healthy living. Everyone who doesn’t subscribe to this will find little benefit in going to a traditional doctor. All others should seek medical attention for routine preventive measures and for health problems when they occur.
Sir-Sister-of-Suck

Post by Sir-Sister-of-Suck »

Well you can head up to pretty much any chain pharmacy and get a flu shot or whatever vaccine you need. You don't need a doctor to do that.
Sculptor

Post by Sculptor »

alidayvn wrote: Tue Oct 08, 2019 9:19 am In the US, there are people that avoid them more than the flu, giving all sorts of reasons and excuses, while others rely on them heavy.

Much depends on personal philosophy (btw I got my flu shot last Thursday). I believe we all should use them to help combat disease. What do you think?

PhilX
Doctors are a conduit to get the drugs I need to get by.

Generally they can represent a gatekeeper through which I have to pass to get the treatment I need.

Unless you have a serious illness, there is very little reason to see a GP.

Being massive generalists, it is fairly easy to acquaint yourself with enough self knowledge about your own illnesses to never need advice from a GP, as in a short time you can know more about your own disease than they do.
GPs can help you clarify aspects of your illnesses, though.
Sir-Sister-of-Suck

Post by Sir-Sister-of-Suck »

Btw what happened to your other account, PhilX? what did you do...