Hate Unlimited

For all things philosophical.

Moderators: AMod, iMod

commonsense
Posts: 1144
Joined: Sun Mar 26, 2017 6:38 pm

Hate Unlimited

Post by commonsense » Fri Sep 20, 2019 8:44 pm

But how do we limit hate. Or more to the point, how could we limit or curtail hateful behavior?

How does hate take seed in human minds?

Can there be a strategy that would channel a basic human emotion into a quiet state?

More police? More cannabis? What?

Impenitent
Posts: 2360
Joined: Wed Feb 10, 2010 2:04 pm

Re: Hate Unlimited

Post by Impenitent » Fri Sep 20, 2019 10:17 pm

hating freedom is nothing new, especially for the "progressive"

-Imp

User avatar
Sculptor
Posts: 595
Joined: Wed Jun 26, 2019 11:32 pm

Re: Hate Unlimited

Post by Sculptor » Fri Sep 20, 2019 11:03 pm

commonsense wrote:
Fri Sep 20, 2019 8:44 pm
But how do we limit hate. Or more to the point, how could we limit or curtail hateful behavior?

How does hate take seed in human minds?

Can there be a strategy that would channel a basic human emotion into a quiet state?

More police? More cannabis? What?
Hate is the result of an attempt to curtail human behaviour.

User avatar
henry quirk
Posts: 4763
Joined: Fri May 09, 2008 8:07 pm

haters gonna hate

Post by henry quirk » Fri Sep 20, 2019 11:57 pm

"But how do we limit hate. Or more to the point, how could we limit or curtail hateful behavior?"

You can't. Attempts to curb an emotion or a behavior always end up promoting it. No, best you can is defend against it.


"How does hate take seed in human minds?"

There are probably as many different answers as there are people.


"Can there be a strategy that would channel a basic human emotion into a quiet state?"

Soma. Seriously, sedate the population as a whole. That's the only way. Chemical lobotomy. But you got to get everyone. If even one wild animal is out & about with the domesticated herd, then it all turns to shit.


"More police? More cannabis? What?"

The best solution is no solution. Leave people alone. Defend against them as you must.

User avatar
Lacewing
Posts: 3308
Joined: Wed Jul 29, 2015 2:25 am

Re: Hate Unlimited

Post by Lacewing » Sat Sep 21, 2019 12:49 am

Maybe people hate because they feel separate from everything/everyone else. If they felt connection, they might be more inclined to feel compassion and caring and acceptance -- as they would feel with someone they love.

I don't know what the solution is, because it seems that people are utterly convinced of all kinds of divisions and separateness. They make enemies of people they don't even know. It really is like a rabid madness that cannot be reasoned with.

Perhaps it takes the failure of interconnected systems to wake people up to the interconnectedness of all things that are worth caring about. Other than that, maybe the best we can do is to keep pointing out the interconnectedness and that we are all of the same stuff, regardless of appearances and paths, which ANY of us could have ended up with as our own experience.

Hate doesn't make any sense. Realizing MORE connection with life, rather than less, is much more insightful, joyful, and fulfilling.

User avatar
vegetariantaxidermy
Posts: 8123
Joined: Thu Aug 09, 2012 6:45 am
Location: Narniabiznus

Re: Hate Unlimited

Post by vegetariantaxidermy » Sat Sep 21, 2019 12:57 am

You can't have an ability to love without an ability to hate. Would you prefer that everyone be emotionless psychopaths, incapable of compassion or empathy? 'Hate' has a solid evolutionary purpose. You can't say 'let's allow only 'rational' hate and outlaw the 'irrational'. Who gets to decide, and how do you police an emotion?

Dachshund
Posts: 269
Joined: Wed Nov 29, 2017 6:40 pm

Re: Hate Unlimited

Post by Dachshund » Sat Sep 21, 2019 3:58 am

vegetariantaxidermy wrote:
Sat Sep 21, 2019 12:57 am
You can't have an ability to love without an ability to hate. Would you prefer that everyone be emotionless psychopaths, incapable of compassion or empathy? 'Hate' has a solid evolutionary purpose. You can't say 'let's allow only 'rational' hate and outlaw the 'irrational'. Who gets to decide, and how do you police an emotion?

Vegetable,

You need to reverse the order of emotions as they appear in your first sentence above, because love can not grow from a foundation of hate, just like flowers cannot grow in toxic soil.

I think St Thomas Aquinas ( the brilliant, medieval philosopher and Doctor of the Catholic Church got it right, (Yes, Veggie, a horrible KKKristian !!) when he said...


"Love must PRECEDE hate, and nothing is hated save through being contrary to a suitable thing which is loved. And hence it must be that every hatred is CAUSED BY love."

And don't bother arguing with Thomas Veggie, he was a genius. (Lind of like Christianity's version of Einstein)

For example, I hate the sight of Muslims walking about in my neighbourhood in Berkas, because they loathe my Western Anglo-European culture, and values. If they had the power (numbers) they would destroy my civilization. My reaction is probably better described as "righteous anger" than the emotion of hate. That is, their behaviour and beliefs of the Islamists are based on an evil creed, whereas mine are not.

Hate is more like a chronic , bitter resentment, or as Nietzsche called it "ressentiment"; it is like taking a poison pill in the hope it will kill your enemy. Harbouring/nurturing hate is powerfully self-destructive.


Regards


Dachshund (Der Uberweiner)

User avatar
vegetariantaxidermy
Posts: 8123
Joined: Thu Aug 09, 2012 6:45 am
Location: Narniabiznus

Re: Hate Unlimited

Post by vegetariantaxidermy » Sat Sep 21, 2019 4:44 am

Dachshund wrote:
Sat Sep 21, 2019 3:58 am
vegetariantaxidermy wrote:
Sat Sep 21, 2019 12:57 am
You can't have an ability to love without an ability to hate. Would you prefer that everyone be emotionless psychopaths, incapable of compassion or empathy? 'Hate' has a solid evolutionary purpose. You can't say 'let's allow only 'rational' hate and outlaw the 'irrational'. Who gets to decide, and how do you police an emotion?

Vegetable,

You need to reverse the order of emotions as they appear in your first sentence above, because love can not grow from a foundation of hate, just like flowers cannot grow in toxic soil.

I think St Thomas Aquinas ( the brilliant, medieval philosopher and Doctor of the Catholic Church got it right, (Yes, Veggie, a horrible KKKristian !!) when he said...


"Love must PRECEDE hate, and nothing is hated save through being contrary to a suitable thing which is loved. And hence it must be that every hatred is CAUSED BY love."

And don't bother arguing with Thomas Veggie, he was a genius. (Lind of like Christianity's version of Einstein)

For example, I hate the sight of Muslims walking about in my neighbourhood in Berkas, because they loathe my Western Anglo-European culture, and values. If they had the power (numbers) they would destroy my civilization. My reaction is probably better described as "righteous anger" than the emotion of hate. That is, their behaviour and beliefs of the Islamists are based on an evil creed, whereas mine are not.

Hate is more like a chronic , bitter resentment, or as Nietzsche called it "ressentiment"; it is like taking a poison pill in the hope it will kill your enemy. Harbouring/nurturing hate is powerfully self-destructive.


Regards


Dachshund (Der Uberweiner)
Well perhaps that craphole that you live in should stop blowing up their countries, then you wouldn't have to look at them in their 'berkas'.
The rest is just airy fairy bollocks.

Dachshund
Posts: 269
Joined: Wed Nov 29, 2017 6:40 pm

Re: Hate Unlimited

Post by Dachshund » Sat Sep 21, 2019 5:52 am

vegetariantaxidermy wrote:
Sat Sep 21, 2019 4:44 am


Well perhaps that craphole that you live in should stop blowing up their countries.
[/quote]


Dear Veggie,


You keep bleating on about the US and UK waging war on the Middle East (yawn). But why do you think the US attacked Iraq when Saddam Hussein invaded Kuwait in the 1990, Vegetable? And why do you think the US-led coalition attacked Iraq again in 2003?

OK, I agree that the "Weapons of Mass Destruction" issue was pretty much a false pretext for the Gulf War. (Having said that the idea of a shit-hole like Iran having nuclear weapons definately sends a major shiver down my spine; I mean, the Ayatollah is not the most stable or intelligent of human beings, is he ?) So why did the US and Tony Blair in the UK spend so much money launching a major military operation against Saddam Hussein ? Do you think it was because Anglo-Americans are essentially a pack of warmongering bastards who love nothing more than blowing away Arabs and Africans any any other "darkies" because it's all such jolly good fun?

If you do, you're wrong. So why, in your opinion, did the the US/UK prosecute the Gulf War ?

Regards


Dachshund (Der Uberweiner)


PS: What would you say if the Arabs or some other species of "Rag-Heads" started dropping bombs on Noiseyland because they wanted to conquer it and turn all the Pakeha females into sex-slaves ?

Dachshund
Posts: 269
Joined: Wed Nov 29, 2017 6:40 pm

Re: Hate Unlimited

Post by Dachshund » Sat Sep 21, 2019 6:01 am

vegetariantaxidermy wrote:
Sat Sep 21, 2019 4:44 am


The rest is just airy fairy bollocks.
Are you calling me a poofda !! :twisted: :twisted:

User avatar
vegetariantaxidermy
Posts: 8123
Joined: Thu Aug 09, 2012 6:45 am
Location: Narniabiznus

Re: Hate Unlimited

Post by vegetariantaxidermy » Sat Sep 21, 2019 6:27 am

Dachshund wrote:
Sat Sep 21, 2019 5:52 am
vegetariantaxidermy wrote:
Sat Sep 21, 2019 4:44 am


Well perhaps that craphole that you live in should stop blowing up their countries.

Dear Veggie,


You keep bleating on about the US and UK waging war on the Middle East (yawn). But why do you think the US attacked Iraq when Saddam Hussein invaded Kuwait in the 1990, Vegetable? And why do you think the US-led coalition attacked Iraq again in 2003?

OK, I agree that the "Weapons of Mass Destruction" issue was pretty much a false pretext for the Gulf War. (Having said that the idea of a shit-hole like Iran having nuclear weapons definately sends a major shiver down my spine; I mean, the Ayatollah is not the most stable or intelligent of human beings, is he ?) So why did the US and Tony Blair in the UK spend so much money launching a major military operation against Saddam Hussein ? Do you think it was because Anglo-Americans are essentially a pack of warmongering bastards who love nothing more than blowing away Arabs and Africans any any other "darkies" because it's all such jolly good fun?

If you do, you're wrong. So why, in your opinion, did the the US/UK prosecute the Gulf War ?

Regards


Dachshund (Der Uberweiner)


PS: What would you say if the Arabs or some other species of "Rag-Heads" started dropping bombs on Noiseyland because they wanted to conquer it and turn all the Pakeha females into sex-slaves ?
[/quote]

Are you really as stupid as you come across?

User avatar
vegetariantaxidermy
Posts: 8123
Joined: Thu Aug 09, 2012 6:45 am
Location: Narniabiznus

Re: Hate Unlimited

Post by vegetariantaxidermy » Sat Sep 21, 2019 6:29 am

Dachshund wrote:
Sat Sep 21, 2019 5:52 am
Anglo-Americans are essentially a pack of warmongering bastards who love nothing more than blowing away Arabs and Africans any any other "darkies" because it's all such jolly good fun

Exactly. I knew you would get it eventually. Btw, Aussies are the most feral and obnoxious human beings on the planet.

Age
Posts: 3135
Joined: Sun Aug 05, 2018 8:17 am

Re: Hate Unlimited

Post by Age » Sat Sep 21, 2019 8:29 am

commonsense wrote:
Fri Sep 20, 2019 8:44 pm
But how do we limit hate.
By understanding HOW and WHY 'you' became to hate.
commonsense wrote:
Fri Sep 20, 2019 8:44 pm
Or more to the point, how could we limit or curtail hateful behavior?
After you learn the reason of HOW and WHY you do some thing, like hate, then you can limit, curtail, and/or prevent it from every happening again.
commonsense wrote:
Fri Sep 20, 2019 8:44 pm
How does hate take seed in human minds?
There is NO such thing as human minds.

HOW hate takes seed within human thinking is because they learn to think that way.
commonsense wrote:
Fri Sep 20, 2019 8:44 pm
Can there be a strategy that would channel a basic human emotion into a quiet state?
Yes. Understanding.

Understanding what the True purpose is for ALL emotions, then putting them 'back in place', using them correctly, and staying in full control so that hate NEVER rises and comes out in behaviors is a very simple and easy thing to do. That is; once you have the KNOW-HOW.
commonsense wrote:
Fri Sep 20, 2019 8:44 pm
More police? More cannabis? What?
Just plain old boring more Honesty and Openness and a more seriousness to wanting to change, for the better, will suffice.

More police will just cause more hate, and more cannabis will only cause what more cannabis does.

Age
Posts: 3135
Joined: Sun Aug 05, 2018 8:17 am

Re: Hate Unlimited

Post by Age » Sat Sep 21, 2019 8:45 am

Dachshund wrote:
Sat Sep 21, 2019 3:58 am
vegetariantaxidermy wrote:
Sat Sep 21, 2019 12:57 am
You can't have an ability to love without an ability to hate. Would you prefer that everyone be emotionless psychopaths, incapable of compassion or empathy? 'Hate' has a solid evolutionary purpose. You can't say 'let's allow only 'rational' hate and outlaw the 'irrational'. Who gets to decide, and how do you police an emotion?

Vegetable,

You need to reverse the order of emotions as they appear in your first sentence above, because love can not grow from a foundation of hate, just like flowers cannot grow in toxic soil.

I think St Thomas Aquinas ( the brilliant, medieval philosopher and Doctor of the Catholic Church got it right, (Yes, Veggie, a horrible KKKristian !!) when he said...


"Love must PRECEDE hate, and nothing is hated save through being contrary to a suitable thing which is loved. And hence it must be that every hatred is CAUSED BY love."

And don't bother arguing with Thomas Veggie, he was a genius. (Lind of like Christianity's version of Einstein)

For example, I hate the sight of Muslims walking about in my neighbourhood in Berkas, because they loathe my Western Anglo-European culture, and values.
How do you KNOW that "THEY" loathe "YOUR" 'western anglo-european culture'? HAVE you asked each and EVERY one of them?

Dachshund wrote:
Sat Sep 21, 2019 3:58 am
If they had the power (numbers) they would destroy my civilization.
And HOW do you KNOW this?

Did YOUR 'western anglo-european culture', with power (numbers), destroy other civilizations also? Or, do you NOT want to LOOK AT and discuss this FACT?
Dachshund wrote:
Sat Sep 21, 2019 3:58 am
My reaction is probably better described as "righteous anger" than the emotion of hate.
This sounds like a typical human being reaction, that is; My hate is "righteous anger" and only "other" people have real "hate".

Dachshund wrote:
Sat Sep 21, 2019 3:58 am
That is, their behaviour and beliefs of the Islamists are based on an evil creed, whereas mine are not.
LOL

As I just said; A typical human being response; 'their' "hate" is WRONG, but 'mine' is perfectly "normal and acceptable" even "righteous".

The way the human brain 'tries' absolutely any and every thing to "justify" itself is truly entertaining to watch and observe.
Dachshund wrote:
Sat Sep 21, 2019 3:58 am
Hate is more like a chronic , bitter resentment, or as Nietzsche called it "ressentiment"; it is like taking a poison pill in the hope it will kill your enemy. Harbouring/nurturing hate is powerfully self-destructive.


Regards


Dachshund (Der Uberweiner)

commonsense
Posts: 1144
Joined: Sun Mar 26, 2017 6:38 pm

Re: Hate Unlimited

Post by commonsense » Sat Sep 21, 2019 3:18 pm

Save Dasch and Veg hurling insults—preceded by intelligent remarks from each—every post has been insightful and has been a meaningful contribution.

Let’s go a step further, if you will.

If defending against hate is all that we can do, would that mean a police state after all? How would that work? How would that be effective in a practical sense?

If understanding is the key, where would we start? Should the UN craft a syllabus? What would be the incentive for any given country to invest the time and money to teach the curriculum? How would this work?

If love and hate stem from each other, would an emotionless society be desirable? How would we get there?

If there is good hate (mine) and bad hate (yours), should we find a common intergalactic enemy?

etc.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests