DAM asked: "Is being born worth it - or is it better to have never been born?"

For all things philosophical.

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Dontaskme

Re: DAM asked: "Is being born worth it - or is it better to have never been born?"

Post by Dontaskme »

Veritas Aequitas wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2019 3:23 am Problem is mad people rarely will consult a psychiatrist voluntarily.

A schizo trapped in her own world will insist the gnomes in the garden she talked with is 100% real.
Veritas are you sure you're not a BOT ? (just kidding, :D I know bots aren't really real) but you do act like one sometimes. :shock:
But honestly, If I was given a £5 for everytime I've heard you talk about garden gnomes to me and others I would be a millionaire by now. Do you enjoy mentally masturbating, and then projectile shooting all of it's contents all over other people, is that what gives you some puropse to you life, does it make you feel like you know something special and important, does it give you a sense of look at me I'm so educated and your not, so you better listen to me ok, because I'm going to tell you what I think is wrong with you, because only I know ok.. ?
Veritas Aequitas wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2019 3:23 amYour is not serious as a schizo but it is nevertheless madness and delusional.
Oh, ok Doctor, but if it's all the same to you, I'd rather a REAL doctor pass what I would consider a very private confidential judgement upon me thanks all the same. And that's coming from someone who actually does have some decent commonsense.
Veritas Aequitas wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2019 3:23 amNote you are so compulsive and obsessive with your ideas to one extreme but do not provide sound justifications for them.
Noted.
And yeah, there's no sound justifications for them because they are just my ideas, my theories. So what?
Do you want to me to place a disclaimer after every post I make saying ( the above statements are made purely from my own opinion) ?

Veritas Aequitas wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2019 3:23 amNote in Buddhism and Hinduism, reality is viewed as an illusion in one extreme perspective but it is not taken as an absolute extreme like what you are doing. Buddhism and Hinduism recognize reality is both an illusion and very real at the same time in different senses and apply them in a balanced approach, e.g. the MIDDLE-WAY as in Buddhism.
Well duh!! I know that duh!!
Chop wood carry water and all that crap...stop being so idiotic for christs sake. So frigging what, I don't care if you think I am being extreme in my writing, it's not like I live like that in real life, geeeze, I'm just writing down my thoughts, doesn't mean I live them you fool.
Veritas Aequitas wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2019 3:23 amFor you it is MY-WAY or the high way of stupidity.
No, no, no...it's not my way or the highway, it's not like I'm force feeding my ideas into anyones ears, saying this is how it is and you better by jolly well believe every thing I am saying to you ...good grief,No, it's just how I personally vision reality to be, I like to write about my ideas because it's something for me to do, I like to play around with my thoughts and interact with other about them, I'm under no delusion myself if what I say is right, real, or true, I have no fricking idea what's going on with reality, I just make the whole damn stuff up, and I admit that, I've made that claim before, that I make it all up.. Note I'm still here writing on this forum 4 years after I first joined, no one has kicked me off the forum yet for just daring to have my own opinion about reality, have you noticed that?

Veritas Aequitas wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2019 3:23 am You have lost your sense of balance.
No, the last time I checked I was walking pretty much in a straight line, without falling over once.

Veritas Aequitas wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2019 3:23 amYou are like the tight-rope walker of life who is leaning only to one side and if the wind blow toward your side, you are doomed.
Well yeah, that's kind of like what all sentient creatures on the earth are doing all the time, kind of like walking on the razors edge of creation...one minute your alive and kicking, and the next minute (poof! your dead and gone.

Veritas Aequitas wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2019 3:23 amThe effective and safe tight-rope walker of life shift from one side to the middle, then to the other side and back to the middle depending on the acting forces, thus will remain stable on the rope of life.
Oh really, thanks for that useful information, I would never have known how to do that, except I would but thanks for the reminder. Once a monkey always a monkey eh? ..it's kind of an evolutionary thing you know, we never did lose that ability to swing with the swing. :lol:
Veritas Aequitas wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2019 3:23 amAgain, I'll repeat again,
You sound like a washing machine, rinse and repeat, rinse and repeat.
Veritas Aequitas wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2019 3:23 am
  • The above views of yours reflect your madness - really, that is why I suggest you consult a psychiatrist and bring along the above post and similar writings to show the consultant.
Ok Mr Parrot, just keep playing with your garden gnomes of delusion like a child in a sand box, you are literally talking to yourself. Because I don't believe a word you are saying to me, but no doubt you'll be back with your mega phone to shout your point out even louder, I'll wait for the echo.
Veritas Aequitas wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2019 3:23 amI'll suggest further, you also consult a few psychiatrists just to be more sure of your current state.
OOooh! now he's so sure of his delusions that he's going to suggest the heavy mob approach that I see more than one Doctor, oh my god you are too funny.

Hey, this is actually great entertainment for me, so just to let you know, I'll be waiting for your next installment of the Veritas punch and judy show themed MADNESS.

I'm going to order in some more popcorn since I'm running out.

See you next time, and thanks for providing me with this amazing entertainment, although one slight complaint, the show does get a little repetitive at times, is there any chance you could liven it up a tad with something actually worth reading about? :mrgreen:

Veritas Aequitas

Re: DAM asked: "Is being born worth it - or is it better to have never been born?"

Post by Veritas Aequitas »

Dontaskme wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2019 9:03 am
Veritas Aequitas wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2019 3:23 am Problem is mad people rarely will consult a psychiatrist voluntarily.

A schizo trapped in her own world will insist the gnomes in the garden she talked with is 100% real.
Veritas are you sure you're not a BOT ? (just kidding, :D I know bots aren't really real) but you do act like one sometimes. :shock:
But honestly, If I was given a £5 for everytime I've heard you talk about garden gnomes to me and others I would be a millionaire by now. Do you enjoy mentally masturbating, and then projectile shooting all of it's contents all over other people, is that what gives you some puropse to you life, does it make you feel like you know something special and important, does it give you a sense of look at me I'm so educated and your not, so you better listen to me ok, because I'm going to tell you what I think is wrong with you, because only I know ok.. ?
Veritas Aequitas wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2019 3:23 amYour is not serious as a schizo but it is nevertheless madness and delusional.
Oh, ok Doctor, but if it's all the same to you, I'd rather a REAL doctor pass what I would consider a very private confidential judgement upon me thanks all the same. And that's coming from someone who actually does have some decent commonsense.
Veritas Aequitas wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2019 3:23 amNote you are so compulsive and obsessive with your ideas to one extreme but do not provide sound justifications for them.
Noted.
And yeah, there's no sound justifications for them because they are just my ideas, my theories. So what?
Do you want to me to place a disclaimer after every post I make saying ( the above statements are made purely from my own opinion) ?

Veritas Aequitas wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2019 3:23 amNote in Buddhism and Hinduism, reality is viewed as an illusion in one extreme perspective but it is not taken as an absolute extreme like what you are doing. Buddhism and Hinduism recognize reality is both an illusion and very real at the same time in different senses and apply them in a balanced approach, e.g. the MIDDLE-WAY as in Buddhism.
Well duh!! I know that duh!!
Chop wood carry water and all that crap...stop being so idiotic for christs sake. So frigging what, I don't care if you think I am being extreme in my writing, it's not like I live like that in real life, geeeze, I'm just writing down my thoughts, doesn't mean I live them you fool.
Veritas Aequitas wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2019 3:23 amFor you it is MY-WAY or the high way of stupidity.
No, no, no...it's not my way or the highway, it's not like I'm force feeding my ideas into anyones ears, saying this is how it is and you better by jolly well believe every thing I am saying to you ...good grief,No, it's just how I personally vision reality to be, I like to write about my ideas because it's something for me to do, I like to play around with my thoughts and interact with other about them, I'm under no delusion myself if what I say is right, real, or true, I have no fricking idea what's going on with reality, I just make the whole damn stuff up, and I admit that, I've made that claim before, that I make it all up.. Note I'm still here writing on this forum 4 years after I first joined, no one has kicked me off the forum yet for just daring to have my own opinion about reality, have you noticed that?

Veritas Aequitas wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2019 3:23 am You have lost your sense of balance.
No, the last time I checked I was walking pretty much in a straight line, without falling over once.

Veritas Aequitas wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2019 3:23 amYou are like the tight-rope walker of life who is leaning only to one side and if the wind blow toward your side, you are doomed.
Well yeah, that's kind of like what all sentient creatures on the earth are doing all the time, kind of like walking on the razors edge of creation...one minute your alive and kicking, and the next minute (poof! your dead and gone.

Veritas Aequitas wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2019 3:23 amThe effective and safe tight-rope walker of life shift from one side to the middle, then to the other side and back to the middle depending on the acting forces, thus will remain stable on the rope of life.
Oh really, thanks for that useful information, I would never have known how to do that, except I would but thanks for the reminder. Once a monkey always a monkey eh? ..it's kind of an evolutionary thing you know, we never did lose that ability to swing with the swing. :lol:
Veritas Aequitas wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2019 3:23 amAgain, I'll repeat again,
You sound like a washing machine, rinse and repeat, rinse and repeat.
Veritas Aequitas wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2019 3:23 am
  • The above views of yours reflect your madness - really, that is why I suggest you consult a psychiatrist and bring along the above post and similar writings to show the consultant.
Ok Mr Parrot, just keep playing with your garden gnomes of delusion like a child in a sand box, you are literally talking to yourself. Because I don't believe a word you are saying to me, but no doubt you'll be back with your mega phone to shout your point out even louder, I'll wait for the echo.
Veritas Aequitas wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2019 3:23 amI'll suggest further, you also consult a few psychiatrists just to be more sure of your current state.
OOooh! now he's so sure of his delusions that he's going to suggest the heavy mob approach that I see more than one Doctor, oh my god you are too funny.

Hey, this is actually great entertainment for me, so just to let you know, I'll be waiting for your next installment of the Veritas punch and judy show themed MADNESS.

I'm going to order in some more popcorn since I'm running out.

See you next time, and thanks for providing me with this amazing entertainment, although one slight complaint, the show does get a little repetitive at times, is there any chance you could liven it up a tad with something actually worth reading about? :mrgreen:
What else can I say, except;

The above views of yours reflect your madness - really, that is why I suggest you consult psychiatrist[s] and bring along the above post and similar writings to show the consultant.
Ferdi

Post by Ferdi »

I realise that the format of my following comments is amateurish, but I just followed what best suited my age 91 approach.
Re Page 1 of 9 Sep 2019 @7:34 am DAM wrote: “. . . . no thing knows if it's going to be born . . .”.
Putting the cart before the horse ?
P3, 10Sep@9:31am. In DAM’s reply to Nick_A.
Much as I like DAM’s 2nd from last para, I question “There would be no inherent badness to life if consciousness wasn't possible.” Am I correct, by eliminating the double negative, that you mean : inherently badness is due to consciousness ? Of course, if we are not aware, if we do not look, we won’t see; but that does not mean it won’t be there!
P4, 10Sep@1:59pm. About sex, in Age’s reply to DAM’s 2nd from bottom: “Only the uninformed make babies in their desire for sex only. The Truly informed choose when to have babies, and then have sex accordingly.”
With the benefit of hindsight, and now being able to ignore my indoctrinated alleged duties, I find that good information because I received no sex education other than about the birds and the bees. Have since learned that sex is a natural urge. I am responsible for 4 children, who produced 7 grand children and sofar 5 great-grand children but I have felt increasingly guilty about having placed children in our fallible societies and on a shaky planet with a hot molten core, volcanoes, earthquakes, floods, storms, diseases in an atmosphere beyond our control. I eventually realised to have been indoctrinated by having grown-up in strict Catholic surroundings. Our sex-drive was to be controlled by abstinence; any other ways were sinful. After reaching independence I met my Catholic wife. We were both fit and healthy and decided in 1952 to move as far away from the rat-race as possible. We migrated from Holland to NZ, with only the compulsory minimum £10 each, but had the determination to make a living. We went to Mass each Sunday, felt-at-home with the Mass in Latin, duly produced 4 healthy children, I qualified as a Civil Engineer in1960, moved to Melbourne in 1970. Now, from my long life in so-called civilised societies, on 2 sides of the globe, I can suggest that birth control should have global priority to reduce pollution and over-crowding. The Anti-abortionists believe abortion to be murder. Is dropping bombs in war not murder? IMO: abortion is NOT murder, because a new life does not start until after its birth. Being alive and having LIFE are 2 different phases.

P8, 13Sep@7:34am, good to read in the 8th para of DAM’s reply to Lacewing that DAM confirmed to be not on medications.
P10, 15Sep@12:04, Lacewing to DAM, a nice civil exchange of info. DAM need not be rattled by Lacewing, she is only trying to outsmart; very entertaining.
P13, 16Sep@9:47am. DAM to Veritas A, in the one before last para “Life is simply living itself, and it's doing a perfectly fine job with or without the illusory idea that there is a 'someone' running the show...there is not...that is the delusion, the illusion of all.”
IMO : Delusions and illusions are earthling’s observations. Consider some facts : we are free in life to choose between “good” and “bad” actions. It follows logically that there must be a consequential sequence for such choices. I suggest that at the instant of one’s death i.e. when time and earthly existence become instantly irrelevant, one’s LIFE logically returns to wherever it came from at birth, which is the infinity of space that surrounds us; the “black hole that spewed us into life”. At that moment one’s earth-bound comprehension is instantly replaced by complete comprehension and one’s own LIFE will instantly judge one’s earthly sojourn with infinite pleasure or contempt.
P14, 17Sep@12:01pm. DAM to Nick_A; good to close with a nice joke.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Ferdi wrote: Fri Sep 20, 2019 6:47 am I realise that the format of my following comments is amateurish, but I just followed what best suited my age 91 approach.
Re Page 1 of 9 Sep 2019 @7:34 am DAM wrote: “. . . . no thing knows if it's going to be born . . .”.
Putting the cart before the horse ?
Hello Ferdi, it's a pleasure and an honor to speak with a 91 year old human. I hope you are enjoying reading this thread as much as I am enjoying writing on it. I don't usually bother or take much notice of the ''cart before the horse'' analogy, because it implies two, so it just becomes a distraction, as I prefer to discuss the subject of oneness / nonduality,
My idea, the one that first came to mind at a very young age was that I had no knowledge of myself existing before the age of say 3 years old...so where did that sudden idea that I existed come from? apart from arising in me of course.

When I first became aware of my surround at the age of 3 - it was almost as if there were two of me. First, there was an aware me, that I was unaware of, and then there was the thought of me, the me that I was aware of as and through the recognition of the thought that was arising in me - it was almost like I had to be already aware before I could know and recognise the thought within me as well.
And then what I also discovered was that those two aspects of me were simultaneously present, it was like there were two of me..one that was aware but had no awareness of being aware, and then the another one who did have awareness of being aware through recognition of thought, that was also me...then I realised that all this mentation was appearing in just this one self...appearing as if two. So in that moment of recognition, it seemed like a duality was born, a kind of self awareness appearing out of what was previously unaware..does that make sense to you, do you follow that?

And that was why I could confidently announce “. . . . no thing knows if it's going to be born . . .”.

I discovered that only after-birth can the knowledge of birth be known.

So then that idea informed me that only knowledge is born, and not awareness. In that the concept ''birth'' is knowledge, but there is no knowledge of ''awareness'' which is just like the emptiness of the screen upon which images can be seen to appear.

Screen being an analogy for Awareness.

Last edited by Dontaskme on Fri Sep 20, 2019 8:14 am, edited 3 times in total.
vegetariantaxidermy

Post by vegetariantaxidermy »

Mick Stinks is a mean person.
Last edited by vegetariantaxidermy on Fri Sep 20, 2019 3:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Fri Sep 20, 2019 8:04 am Mick Stinks is a gigantic wank-job.
Maybe Mick Stinks is..but I hope that does not deter from wanting to further engage in the dialog...

I look forward to Ferdi reply, although if I am to believe what you have stated, then I doubt very much that will be forthcoming now, so lets wait and see...

Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Ferdi wrote: Fri Sep 20, 2019 6:47 amP3, 10Sep@9:31am. In DAM’s reply to Nick_A.
Much as I like DAM’s 2nd from last para, I question “There would be no inherent badness to life if consciousness wasn't possible.” Am I correct, by eliminating the double negative, that you mean : inherently badness is due to consciousness ? Of course, if we are not aware, if we do not look, we won’t see; but that does not mean it won’t be there!
Yes, just because awareness is not aware of badness does not mean it's not there. For badness is a concept known via the knowledge of being self aware, which is awareness aware of itself as a concept but is not the concept. The concept is known purely by awareness itself which has no concept of itself. In the sense that the seer of an image is the blank screen on which the image appears. The seeing of an image is only possible because of the blank empty screen on which it appears, and is why it can know the image by making the instantaneous distinction between the screen and it's contents which are alway inseparably one and the same self. There is no duality, the duality is an illusory image upon a blank screen.

Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Ferdi wrote: Fri Sep 20, 2019 6:47 am Have since learned that sex is a natural urge. I am responsible for 4 children, who produced 7 grand children and sofar 5 great-grand children but I have felt increasingly guilty about having placed children in our fallible societies and on a shaky planet with a hot molten core, volcanoes, earthquakes, floods, storms, diseases in an atmosphere beyond our control.
Although it is true that sex is a natural urge, we are still very conscious of the fact that we don't have to overpopulate the planet, we can take responsibility for ourselves as a species, in the simple realisation that there comes a tipping point surely, there must come a time when it is seen that the carrying capacity of the planet must have a limit.
As parts of the planet become less and less inhabitable, whether it due to war or natural causes like overheating and such, that will inevitabley cause over-crowding in other countries over stretching their own limited resources. Housing problems will ensue, not to mention the impending economic collapse that is just around the corner. Homeless people are soaring in numbers as house prices rocket and become more and more unattainable for most people in general.

I personally believe the consciousness that is the human mind is becoming more and more conscious of the futilty that is human procreation which is just another human addiction to living, and a very innate fear of being alone. So it's going to take a lot of maturity and intelliegnce to realise that maybe, just maybe it's not such a good idea anymore to disturb the peace of the unborn by dragging them into a life they did not ask for, a world that is apparently and evidently dying and decaying ever more rapidly as it becomes more and more polluted and overpopulated. It's time to pull the plug if we are genuinely honest with ourselves.

I too, feel huge pangs of guilt having brought 4 children of my own into this world. Fortunately, 3 of those children have no desire to ever have their own children, as they seem to have a keen awareness that the world in which we live at the moment is not a nice place. Yes, it's steeped with unbelievable natural beauty, but the humans that are overpopulating the environment are the ones causing all types of problems and are struggling to cope. More often we just turn a blind eye to the problems in our addiction to the nice parts of living.

Although it does seem as though young people today are beginning to ponder very deeply the real issues that are hitting them square in the face and that is about whether the world is a fit place to live anymore, and that reality as we once knew it, is very much a changing.

Ferdi

Post by Ferdi »

NOTE I made a correction on Sun22Sep@10am. I moved the lowest 3 lines from the 2nd para and placed them in their own para thereunder. My apologies.

DAM wrote 20Sep@7:53am. When I first became aware of my surround at the age of 3 - . . . . was almost as if there were two of me. it seemed like a duality was born, a kind of self awareness appearing out of what was previously unaware..does that make sense to you, do you follow that?
Ferdi comments: I don’t remember that I confused fairy tales with reality and I never believed that Santa came by sleigh. Like all new-born animals, human 3 year olds would have become aware of an enormous amount of information, instinctively processing it for future use. I followed your drift, but for me: becoming aware of one’s surroundings is normal. I appreciate your independent thinking but like most of us it you may have got “lost in the bush”, tried to find your own way by being misdirected (like I was) or by being so bold as to use your own awareness, observations and reasoning. Fact is: awareness is a prerequisite to knowledge.

DAM wrote : And that was why I could confidently announce “. . . . no thing knows if it's going to be born . . .”.
I discovered that only after-birth can the knowledge of birth be known.
Ferdi comments: A new-born’s awareness starts from zero. Its knowledge is zero. Yes, prior to its birth the developing foetus makes movements and these are eagerly awaited as the first sign of “life”. It is such a pleasant common belief that probably most adults think that an alive baby has LIFE! Its movements may show that it is becoming aware. The anti-“abortion brigade” uses it to scream “murder”. But, look at the facts: a growing foetus has to start “exercising” its parts, including its senses and its awareness. Note: the energy, the driving force of the foetus, comes from its connection to the LIFE of the mother. It is a simple fact for all those who want to see and can observe: a foetus does not have its own life until after its birth; if it indeed “comes to LIFE”. Ipso facto: a healthy foetus is alive, but does not yet have LIFE, and abortion is not murder.

DAM wrote : So then that idea informed me that only knowledge is born, and not awareness. In that the concept ''birth'' is knowledge, but there is no knowledge of ''awareness'' which is just like the emptiness of the screen upon which images can be seen to appear.
Ferdi comments: Is it a new born’s knowledge or its awareness that makes it find its mother’s breast to feed?

DAM wrote 20Sep@8:26am. . . . . . The seeing of an image is only possible because of the blank empty screen on which it appears, and is why it can know the image by making the instantaneous distinction between the screen and it's contents which are alway inseparably one and the same self. There is no duality, the duality is an illusory image upon a blank screen.
Ferdi comments: The air’s vibrations bring real sounds to my ear. My eyes present me with a real image, if that image comes from a screen it would annoy me intensely if interference reminded me of the screen’s presence.

DAM wrote 20Sep@6:01pm. . . . . we are still very conscious of the fact that we don't have to overpopulate the planet, . . .
Ferdi comments:If that were only true. Wishful thinking.

DAM wrote 20Sep@6:01pm. . . . . there must come a time when it is seen that the carrying capacity of the planet must have a limit.
As parts of the planet become less and less inhabitable, whether it due to war or natural causes like overheating and such, that will inevitabley cause over-crowding in other countries over stretching their own limited resources. Housing problems will ensue, not to mention the impending economic collapse that is just around the corner. Homeless people are soaring in numbers as house prices rocket and become more and more unattainable for most people in general.
Ferdi comments:That time has come, but common greed clouds the issue! Look at Australia’s cities: constipated by road and rail traffic and it’s never ending interruptions by maintenance works, while vast areas of the enormous deserts lie deserted with underground available water, apart from being surrounded by Oceans of water, yes it is saltwater but we know how to make that potable.

DAM wrote 20Sep@6:01pm. . . . . . . maybe it's not such a good idea anymore to disturb the peace of the unborn by dragging them into a life they did not ask for, a world that is apparently and evidently dying and decaying ever more rapidly as it becomes more and more polluted and overpopulated. It's time to pull the plug if we are genuinely honest with ourselves.
Ferdi comments: Yes there are good reasons for abortions; a new religion?

DAM wrote 20Sep@6:01pm. I too, feel huge pangs of guilt having brought 4 children of my own into this world. Fortunately, 3 of those children have no desire to ever have their own children, as they seem to have a keen awareness that the world in which we live at the moment is not a nice place.
Ferdi comments: “Me too” feels proud of mine, (with due involvement of my wife) they have developed into good humans making positive contributions to their environments. I feel guilty about their future. It makes me try to stay-alive (with a stent aided by 9 pills/day) as long as I can to observe how things develop. My ”staying-alive” requires extra effort from less power!
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Ferdi wrote: Sat Sep 21, 2019 8:59 amA new-born’s awareness starts from zero. Its knowledge is zero. Yes, prior to its birth the developing foetus makes movements and these are eagerly awaited as the first sign of “life”.
Ferdi wrote: Sat Sep 21, 2019 8:59 am Is it a new born’s knowledge or its awareness that makes it find its mother’s breast to feed?
What or how or why life is even happening at all is unknowable. There is no pause or rewind button that can stop the ever immediate flow. There is no knowledge of any beginning to life.
All we can do is have some descriptives but even those can never explain the first cause - descriptives only pertain to the known effects of the first cause that cannot be known...so all we have are our ideas about the How's and Why's...

My own descriptives go something like this > The phenomena that is moving the developing foetus limbs within the womb, plus the expanding and contracting movements of the womb itself when the expulsion of the baby is due to make an exit is an automatic impulse. I'm using those two expamples to correlate with the new borns capacity to seek out it's mothers breast. Then also you get the automatic reflex of the milk flow itself, when the cries of the new-born baby stimulates the mothers milk to flow effortlessly from her breast. Note there is no agency involved in any of these actions, everything is happening all by itself, automatically and spontaneously. There is no separate self in the baby that informs the baby it's time to feed now I'm hungry, nor is there any agency involved in the natural involuntary flow of the milk. It's already written within the DNA molecules by nature herself. The baby doesn't inform itself it is hungry nor that it must have a prior knowledge of how to satisfy that hunger by seeking out it's mothers breast, these actions are happening without the baby having any knowledge or awareness of these functions taking place.

Knowledge of actions can only pertain to a sense of self, the sense of being a separate entity. But there is no separation there between the mother and her new born infant.
Another way of saying this: is that which is growing the grass is growing the human. Or, that which makes the flowers open during the day and close at night is what's making the human.

These are just my thoughts btw, I'm in no way saying or knowing if what I say is how it really is, it's just how I personally vision it.

Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Ferdi wrote: Sat Sep 21, 2019 8:59 am DAM wrote 20Sep@8:26am. . . . . . The seeing of an image is only possible because of the blank empty screen on which it appears, and is why it can know the image by making the instantaneous distinction between the screen and it's contents which are alway inseparably one and the same self. There is no duality, the duality is an illusory image upon a blank screen.

Ferdi comments: The air’s vibrations bring real sounds to my ear. My eyes present me with a real image, if that image comes from a screen it would annoy me intensely if interference reminded me of the screen’s presence.
The screen is the immediate presence, without the minds projection screen - where do you exist?

Images seen are sourced within the seer that cannot see itself,except as and through an image seen(known)aka the minds projection of itself.

Close the eyes and no image is there or known. Seeing with eyes open reveals the screen on which you appear to yourself as and through your own image that only you are seeing inseparable from you.
Ferdi

Post by Ferdi »

Dontaskme wrote: Sun Sep 22, 2019 8:38 am DAM: What or how or why life is even happening at all is unknowable.
Ferdi: We can but try and learn.

DAM: There is no pause or rewind button that can stop the ever immediate flow. There is no knowledge of any beginning to life.
Ferdi: But we know that our forefathers successively came from a long lineage of parents that must have had an initial pair. We can only guess from where that pair came but seeing that there was life before humans, it may well be that the puzzle starts with the origin of primitive life. Was it a chemical “soup” activated by the energy from the sun? Who knows?
My prime concern is that most of us are adversely affected by a melting pot of simmering human greed. THAT should be the concern of all. THAT needs corrective action from honest political leaders. Where are they? I was happy to see a totally different character like Trump come on the scene and it at least proved that the leading nation of the world had woken-up to get some corrective leadership that is wanting all over our globe and has now tried “anything” to bring Greed under control. Its lack of success is evident from OPEC, the prime global example of scandalous greed. OPEC is still dictating the global oil prices, with its management system trickling down the oil-supply’s organisational levels to ensure their profits from the local price of our engine fuels.

DAM: The phenomena that is moving the developing foetus limbs within the womb, . . .
Ferdi: Why not say naturally.

DAM: . . . these actions are happening without the baby having any knowledge or awareness of these functions taking place.
Ferdi: Naturally.

DAM: But there is no separation there between the mother and her new born infant.
Ferdi: Yes there is: rather fundamentally. At birth one creature produced a completely separate new entity, with new unique DNA.

DAM; These are just my thoughts btw, I'm in no way saying or knowing if what I say is how it really is, it's just how I personally vision it.
Ferdi: Good to be aware of our limitations.

DAM: The screen is the immediate presence, without the minds projection screen - where do you exist?
Ferdi: Wherever that screen’s mind is.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Ferdi wrote: Mon Sep 23, 2019 7:46 amDAM: But there is no separation there between the mother and her new born infant.
Ferdi: Yes there is: rather fundamentally. At birth one creature produced a completely separate new entity, with new unique DNA.
A birth implies a knowledge..the knowing of one self as being born. So in the context of knowledge, yes the baby is a new unique separate entity.

However, unique only in the conceptual sense of knowledge. Outside of knowledge there is no divide. The baby has no knowledge that it is separate from the mother. Although the mother does have that knowledge, it's a knowledge that was imposed upon her via human conceptual language passed onto her from others outside of her own being...albeit illusory others, for the idea of Separation is within the dream of space time duality, a temporal unique appearance of the infinite.

Ferdi

Post by Ferdi »

Dontaskme wrote: Mon Sep 23, 2019 8:59 am
Ferdi wrote: Mon Sep 23, 2019 7:46 amDAM: But there is no separation there between the mother and her new born infant.
A birth implies a knowledge..the knowing of one self as being born. >So in the context of knowledge, yes the baby is a new unique separate entity.
What is your concept/definition of your "infinite"?
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Ferdi wrote: Mon Sep 23, 2019 9:57 am
Dontaskme wrote: Mon Sep 23, 2019 8:59 am
A birth implies a knowledge..the knowing of one self as being born. >So in the context of knowledge, yes the baby is a new unique separate entity.
What is your concept/definition of your "infinite"?

Infinite is THIS right here and NOW minus the definition.