Platonism, Zen and the Munchauseen Trillema as Bridge for Eastern and Western Philosophy

For all things philosophical.

Moderators: AMod, iMod

surreptitious57
Posts: 3636
Joined: Fri Oct 25, 2013 6:09 am

Re: Platonism, Zen and the Munchauseen Trillema as Bridge for Eastern and Western Philosophy

Post by surreptitious57 » Mon Aug 26, 2019 12:40 am

Age wrote:
That person has already admitted that they do not read my words
He may not read all of them but he has to read the ones he replies to

Age
Posts: 3593
Joined: Sun Aug 05, 2018 8:17 am

Re: Platonism, Zen and the Munchauseen Trillema as Bridge for Eastern and Western Philosophy

Post by Age » Mon Aug 26, 2019 4:45 am

Eodnhoj7 wrote:
Mon Aug 26, 2019 12:39 am
Age wrote:
Sun Aug 25, 2019 11:58 pm
Eodnhoj7 wrote:
Sun Aug 25, 2019 7:08 am

Sipping coffee...

Assumptions, you take your point of view and those of others "as is".
And this is exactly WHY I do not like to make any assumptions at all.

If I were to make assumptions about points of views "as is", then I would not be open. If, and when, I am not fully open, then I am not able to see the actual and real Truth of things. I do not like to assume any thing is 'what IS'. Therefore, I make as few assumptions as I am able to consciously constantly be aware of.
Sipping coffee...age you are assuming you are seeing the real truth of things.
No I am not. And, I have already explained why not.

So, once again, you are completely WRONG.
Eodnhoj7 wrote:
Mon Aug 26, 2019 12:39 am
You claim reality is cold and cruel in some post,
When have I ever claimed reality is cold and cruel?

Just saying it was; "in some post" could be true or it could be an absolute lie, and I would be very surprised if any one is going to go through absolutely EVERY post in this forum to check and see if you are lying or telling the truth. So, I would suggest that if you can not prove that what you are saying is true, then it would better you make this clear in your comments otherwise some might jump to the WRONG conclusion. For all we know you could be completely lying, just mistaking me for some one else, or just mistaking the words I actually used. So, if you want to accuse me of some thing, which I can not recall, then how could I reply correctly and accurately?

Maybe if you have the ability to remember word-for-word what I said, then maybe you can also remember the post, or at least the thread, where I supposedly claimed what you say here, and then direct us to that? Then at least we can see just how much truth or not is in what you say here.
Eodnhoj7 wrote:
Mon Aug 26, 2019 12:39 am
and when I make the most philosophically ruthless statement about reality that can be made (ie "it is all assumed")...you cry about it and say its untrue.
And I made it clear that if you KNOW what 'reality' is, then you do not have to assume EVERY thing. Is this "philosophically ruthless" also, you say this untrue. Whether you cry or not about this I do not know and do not care.

But what I KNOW is, IF you KNOW some thing is untrue, or false, then you do NOT have to assume that, obviously.
Eodnhoj7 wrote:
Mon Aug 26, 2019 12:39 am
Get over it, and stop ruining all the threads...
Do I actually ruin ALL threads?

Did I even ruin THIS thread.

You claim "it is ALL assumed". But, you could never prove this to be true. You then asked for an example of 'what is not assumed'. I provided said example, who claim you can not refute.

Now, this might be WHY you seemed to be getting upset and frustrated.

You start a thread and make a claim. If you are not open nor prepared for counter claims, then why are you on a philosophy forum?

If you BELIEVE your assumption/argument/theory is 100% True, Right, and Correct, then that is one thing, but just remember that just because you BELIEVE some thing is true, then, that does NOT make it so.

Remember also that if you KNOW that your claim is true, then, by definition, your claim is NOT an assumption.

Even by your own reasoning and definition; 'Assumptions', you take your point of view and those of others "as is". you do NOT know, for sure, that what you take "as is" IS actually true, right, and/or correct. Therefore, what you take "as is" could be WRONG, or partly wrong. But, IF you are saying that you KNOW your claim IS true, then you are NOT assuming this.

Age
Posts: 3593
Joined: Sun Aug 05, 2018 8:17 am

Re: Platonism, Zen and the Munchauseen Trillema as Bridge for Eastern and Western Philosophy

Post by Age » Mon Aug 26, 2019 5:04 am

surreptitious57 wrote:
Mon Aug 26, 2019 12:40 am
Age wrote:
That person has already admitted that they do not read my words
He may not read all of them but he has to read the ones he replies to
Not necessarily so. That person could also just read one word only, and then reply. (While sipping coffee I might add).

And, this reading only a miniscule part and then replying appears to be what is happening with this person, considering what they have missed so far.

User avatar
Eodnhoj7
Posts: 5038
Joined: Mon Mar 13, 2017 3:18 am

Re: Platonism, Zen and the Munchauseen Trillema as Bridge for Eastern and Western Philosophy

Post by Eodnhoj7 » Mon Aug 26, 2019 5:47 am

Age wrote:
Mon Aug 26, 2019 4:45 am
Eodnhoj7 wrote:
Mon Aug 26, 2019 12:39 am
Age wrote:
Sun Aug 25, 2019 11:58 pm


And this is exactly WHY I do not like to make any assumptions at all.

If I were to make assumptions about points of views "as is", then I would not be open. If, and when, I am not fully open, then I am not able to see the actual and real Truth of things. I do not like to assume any thing is 'what IS'. Therefore, I make as few assumptions as I am able to consciously constantly be aware of.
Sipping coffee...age you are assuming you are seeing the real truth of things.
No I am not. And, I have already explained why not.

So, once again, you are completely WRONG.
Eodnhoj7 wrote:
Mon Aug 26, 2019 12:39 am
You claim reality is cold and cruel in some post,
When have I ever claimed reality is cold and cruel?

Just saying it was; "in some post" could be true or it could be an absolute lie, and I would be very surprised if any one is going to go through absolutely EVERY post in this forum to check and see if you are lying or telling the truth. So, I would suggest that if you can not prove that what you are saying is true, then it would better you make this clear in your comments otherwise some might jump to the WRONG conclusion. For all we know you could be completely lying, just mistaking me for some one else, or just mistaking the words I actually used. So, if you want to accuse me of some thing, which I can not recall, then how could I reply correctly and accurately?

Maybe if you have the ability to remember word-for-word what I said, then maybe you can also remember the post, or at least the thread, where I supposedly claimed what you say here, and then direct us to that? Then at least we can see just how much truth or not is in what you say here.
Eodnhoj7 wrote:
Mon Aug 26, 2019 12:39 am
and when I make the most philosophically ruthless statement about reality that can be made (ie "it is all assumed")...you cry about it and say its untrue.
And I made it clear that if you KNOW what 'reality' is, then you do not have to assume EVERY thing. Is this "philosophically ruthless" also, you say this untrue. Whether you cry or not about this I do not know and do not care.

But what I KNOW is, IF you KNOW some thing is untrue, or false, then you do NOT have to assume that, obviously.
Eodnhoj7 wrote:
Mon Aug 26, 2019 12:39 am
Get over it, and stop ruining all the threads...
Do I actually ruin ALL threads?

Did I even ruin THIS thread.

You claim "it is ALL assumed". But, you could never prove this to be true. You then asked for an example of 'what is not assumed'. I provided said example, who claim you can not refute.

Now, this might be WHY you seemed to be getting upset and frustrated.

You start a thread and make a claim. If you are not open nor prepared for counter claims, then why are you on a philosophy forum?

If you BELIEVE your assumption/argument/theory is 100% True, Right, and Correct, then that is one thing, but just remember that just because you BELIEVE some thing is true, then, that does NOT make it so.

Remember also that if you KNOW that your claim is true, then, by definition, your claim is NOT an assumption.

Even by your own reasoning and definition; 'Assumptions', you take your point of view and those of others "as is". you do NOT know, for sure, that what you take "as is" IS actually true, right, and/or correct. Therefore, what you take "as is" could be WRONG, or partly wrong. But, IF you are saying that you KNOW your claim IS true, then you are NOT assuming this.
(Sipping coffee)...assumptions....

User avatar
Eodnhoj7
Posts: 5038
Joined: Mon Mar 13, 2017 3:18 am

Re: Platonism, Zen and the Munchauseen Trillema as Bridge for Eastern and Western Philosophy

Post by Eodnhoj7 » Mon Aug 26, 2019 5:47 am

Age wrote:
Mon Aug 26, 2019 5:04 am
surreptitious57 wrote:
Mon Aug 26, 2019 12:40 am
Age wrote:
That person has already admitted that they do not read my words
He may not read all of them but he has to read the ones he replies to
Not necessarily so. That person could also just read one word only, and then reply. (While sipping coffee I might add).

And, this reading only a miniscule part and then replying appears to be what is happening with this person, considering what they have missed so far.
(Sipping coffee)...also assumptions...

Age
Posts: 3593
Joined: Sun Aug 05, 2018 8:17 am

Re: Platonism, Zen and the Munchauseen Trillema as Bridge for Eastern and Western Philosophy

Post by Age » Mon Aug 26, 2019 5:54 am

Eodnhoj7 wrote:
Mon Aug 26, 2019 5:47 am
Age wrote:
Mon Aug 26, 2019 5:04 am
surreptitious57 wrote:
Mon Aug 26, 2019 12:40 am


He may not read all of them but he has to read the ones he replies to
Not necessarily so. That person could also just read one word only, and then reply. (While sipping coffee I might add).

And, this reading only a miniscule part and then replying appears to be what is happening with this person, considering what they have missed so far.
(Sipping coffee)...also assumptions...
Is this how you think or believe you show how your argument/theory is sound, logical, and validly true and correct?

User avatar
Eodnhoj7
Posts: 5038
Joined: Mon Mar 13, 2017 3:18 am

Re: Platonism, Zen and the Munchauseen Trillema as Bridge for Eastern and Western Philosophy

Post by Eodnhoj7 » Mon Aug 26, 2019 6:27 am

Age wrote:
Mon Aug 26, 2019 5:54 am
Eodnhoj7 wrote:
Mon Aug 26, 2019 5:47 am
Age wrote:
Mon Aug 26, 2019 5:04 am


Not necessarily so. That person could also just read one word only, and then reply. (While sipping coffee I might add).

And, this reading only a miniscule part and then replying appears to be what is happening with this person, considering what they have missed so far.
(Sipping coffee)...also assumptions...
Is this how you think or believe you show how your argument/theory is sound, logical, and validly true and correct?
Do you ask questions always assuming they will have an answer?

Age
Posts: 3593
Joined: Sun Aug 05, 2018 8:17 am

Re: Platonism, Zen and the Munchauseen Trillema as Bridge for Eastern and Western Philosophy

Post by Age » Mon Aug 26, 2019 7:53 am

Eodnhoj7 wrote:
Mon Aug 26, 2019 6:27 am
Age wrote:
Mon Aug 26, 2019 5:54 am
Eodnhoj7 wrote:
Mon Aug 26, 2019 5:47 am


(Sipping coffee)...also assumptions...
Is this how you think or believe you show how your argument/theory is sound, logical, and validly true and correct?
Do you ask questions always assuming they will have an answer?
No, did you assume I did?

Do you know of a question that does not have an answer?

Also, will I get into trouble from the moderators of this forum for responding to your questions here?

User avatar
Eodnhoj7
Posts: 5038
Joined: Mon Mar 13, 2017 3:18 am

Re: Platonism, Zen and the Munchauseen Trillema as Bridge for Eastern and Western Philosophy

Post by Eodnhoj7 » Mon Aug 26, 2019 3:47 pm

Age wrote:
Mon Aug 26, 2019 7:53 am
Eodnhoj7 wrote:
Mon Aug 26, 2019 6:27 am
Age wrote:
Mon Aug 26, 2019 5:54 am


Is this how you think or believe you show how your argument/theory is sound, logical, and validly true and correct?
Do you ask questions always assuming they will have an answer?
No, did you assume I did?

Do you know of a question that does not have an answer?

Also, will I get into trouble from the moderators of this forum for responding to your questions here?
Did you assume I knew the answer?

Age
Posts: 3593
Joined: Sun Aug 05, 2018 8:17 am

Re: Platonism, Zen and the Munchauseen Trillema as Bridge for Eastern and Western Philosophy

Post by Age » Tue Aug 27, 2019 1:28 pm

Eodnhoj7 wrote:
Mon Aug 26, 2019 3:47 pm
Age wrote:
Mon Aug 26, 2019 7:53 am
Eodnhoj7 wrote:
Mon Aug 26, 2019 6:27 am

Do you ask questions always assuming they will have an answer?
No, did you assume I did?

Do you know of a question that does not have an answer?

Also, will I get into trouble from the moderators of this forum for responding to your questions here?
Did you assume I knew the answer?
NO. That is why I asked you clarifying questions, from a completely open perspective.

User avatar
Eodnhoj7
Posts: 5038
Joined: Mon Mar 13, 2017 3:18 am

Re: Platonism, Zen and the Munchauseen Trillema as Bridge for Eastern and Western Philosophy

Post by Eodnhoj7 » Tue Aug 27, 2019 6:59 pm

Age wrote:
Tue Aug 27, 2019 1:28 pm
Eodnhoj7 wrote:
Mon Aug 26, 2019 3:47 pm
Age wrote:
Mon Aug 26, 2019 7:53 am


No, did you assume I did?

Do you know of a question that does not have an answer?

Also, will I get into trouble from the moderators of this forum for responding to your questions here?
Did you assume I knew the answer?
NO. That is why I asked you clarifying questions, from a completely open perspective.
Then why ask for clarity,

Age
Posts: 3593
Joined: Sun Aug 05, 2018 8:17 am

Re: Platonism, Zen and the Munchauseen Trillema as Bridge for Eastern and Western Philosophy

Post by Age » Wed Aug 28, 2019 4:05 am

Eodnhoj7 wrote:
Tue Aug 27, 2019 6:59 pm
Age wrote:
Tue Aug 27, 2019 1:28 pm
Eodnhoj7 wrote:
Mon Aug 26, 2019 3:47 pm

Did you assume I knew the answer?
NO. That is why I asked you clarifying questions, from a completely open perspective.
Then why ask for clarity,
To see what answer you give, obviously. So, that I can gain a better understanding of where you are coming from exactly.

Are you at all capable to comprehend that it is completely possible to just ask a clarifying question, without assuming any thing in particular?

I do not like to assume any thing, so to be better able to understand your view on things I seek clarification of what you are saying.

User avatar
Eodnhoj7
Posts: 5038
Joined: Mon Mar 13, 2017 3:18 am

Re: Platonism, Zen and the Munchauseen Trillema as Bridge for Eastern and Western Philosophy

Post by Eodnhoj7 » Wed Aug 28, 2019 4:54 am

Age wrote:
Wed Aug 28, 2019 4:05 am
Eodnhoj7 wrote:
Tue Aug 27, 2019 6:59 pm
Age wrote:
Tue Aug 27, 2019 1:28 pm


NO. That is why I asked you clarifying questions, from a completely open perspective.
Then why ask for clarity,
To see what answer you give, obviously. So, that I can gain a better understanding of where you are coming from exactly.

Are you at all capable to comprehend that it is completely possible to just ask a clarifying question, without assuming any thing in particular?

I do not like to assume any thing, so to be better able to understand your view on things I seek clarification of what you are saying.
Sipping coffee....

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 8 guests