intelligence

For all things philosophical.

Moderators: AMod, iMod

-1-

Re: intelligence

Post by -1- »

Q: Why did the chicken cross the Information Superhighway?

A: To get to the other side.
FlashDangerpants

Post by FlashDangerpants »

jayjacobus wrote: Wed May 01, 2019 1:18 am If I am concerned about people putting their spin on inrelligence, what has that to do with motivation? It has to do with deception.

You can say I am concerned with motivation, but I think that is someone else's concern, Machiavelli.
But what is your motivation for segregating intelligence according to what it is made of instead of what it does?
At this point you can't really be trying to say you have no motive at all, you seem more interested in hidig it.
I can't see how you are prosing it should not be considered a socio-political one.
jayjacobus

Post by jayjacobus »

Will AI be able to make my arguments or will that even be permitted?

Don't be concerned with my motivation (which is speculation on your part). Rather be concerned with your own motivation (which you have first hand knowledge of).

If AI's motivation is not a concern, why is my falsified motivation a concern?

You can't tell people's motivation. Why do you pretend you can?
jayjacobus

Post by jayjacobus »

FlashDangerpants wrote: Wed May 01, 2019 3:31 pm
At this point you can't really be trying to say you have no motive at all, you seem more interested in hidig it.
I can't see how you are prosing it should not be considered a socio-political one.
Don't say you won't spin socio-political because I suspect you will. I'm not there yet.
FlashDangerpants

jayjacobus wrote: Wed May 01, 2019 5:17 pm
FlashDangerpants wrote: Wed May 01, 2019 3:31 pm
Don't say you won't spin socio-political because I suspect you will. I'm not there yet.
Don't get carried away mate. I just found your suggestion that there is nothing socio-political in your intent to be obviously untrue. I have no idea why you wouldn't have just given it a second's thought and realized that this is correct. I'm not interested in whatever nonsense about "spin" you are cooking up, that's just you doing some spinning.
jayjacobus

Post by jayjacobus »

FlashDangerpants wrote: Fri May 03, 2019 6:23 am
Don't get carried away mate. I just found your suggestion that there is nothing socio-political in your intent to be obviously untrue. I have no idea why you wouldn't have just given it a second's thought and realized that this is correct. I'm not interested in whatever nonsense about "spin" you are cooking up, that's just you doing some spinning.
I wonder what's being done to this thread and why. For the time being I am just learning.
FlashDangerpants

jayjacobus wrote: Fri May 03, 2019 12:06 pm
FlashDangerpants wrote: Fri May 03, 2019 6:23 am
I wonder what's being done to this thread and why. For the time being I am just learning.
Well if you happen to learn what the point of this thread was, do please tell.
jayjacobus

Post by jayjacobus »

Perhaps I am a student of counter intelligence and want to know how people's intelligence can be countered.
jayjacobus

Post by jayjacobus »

Is spin a substitute for intelligence or is it not intelligent at all? Let's get back to the original post.
FlashDangerpants

jayjacobus wrote: Fri May 03, 2019 3:14 pm Is spin a substitute for intelligence or is it not intelligent at all? Let's get back to the original post.
Ok then. Intelligence is defined by what it does. It's nonsensical to define it by any other criteria.

If a machine, a child, and a raven are given an intelligence test to get an object out of a container using a tool, and all three use the same tool in the same way to achieve the same goal, they all used the same function of intelligence to do so.
jayjacobus

Post by jayjacobus »

Perhaps but how it does it can be just as important. See my last post about spin.
FlashDangerpants

jayjacobus wrote: Sat May 04, 2019 4:03 pm Perhaps but how it does it can be just as important. See my last post about spin.
You are putting a spin on something that really doesn't need it.
jayjacobus

Post by jayjacobus »

I don't intend to wtite anything confusing.

Does the computer know chess or does it simulate the end of the game at every move?

No one can match that simulation.

Why not just avoid computers (in an intelligence game)?

A computer in a position of power didn't get its power by being deserving.
FlashDangerpants

jayjacobus wrote: Sat May 04, 2019 5:16 pm I don't intend to wtite anything confusing.

Does the computer know chess or does it simulate the end of the game at every move?

No one can match that simulation.

Why not just avoid computers (in an intelligence game)?

A computer in a position of power didn't get its power by being deserving.
An algorithm that just plots all possible outcomes isn't a case of machine learning, so it's irrelevant to a discussion on AI. Are you entirely informed by science fiction here?
jayjacobus

Post by jayjacobus »

You seem to want to label me but what is your role? Judge? Jury? Comic? Pretender? Delusionist? Egotist? Troublemaker? Illusionist?

Just what are pretending to be?