what do humans really want?

For all things philosophical.

Moderators: AMod, iMod

what do humans really want?

Post by 11011 »

and by this i mean, if they had that thing, they would be eternally content.

thoughts?

also, if you don't believe that such a thing exists, what is your reason or evidence?
Impenitent

Re: what do humans really want?

Post by Impenitent »

commonsense

Post by commonsense »

11011 wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2019 4:29 pm and by this i mean, if they had that thing, they would be eternally content.

thoughts?

also, if you don't believe that such a thing exists, what is your reason or evidence?
Various humans really have various wants.

What humankind wants is the aggregate of the wants desired by all the humans.
bahman

Post by bahman »

11011 wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2019 4:29 pm and by this i mean, if they had that thing, they would be eternally content.

thoughts?

We are looking for what we can find in tomorrow because we are not content. There would be no eternal content if things are eternal. We cannot be temporary content even if things are not eternal. Therefore we will never be permanently content.
henry quirk

Post by henry quirk »

What do humans want?

Deep down every man wants to crush his enemies, see them driven before him, and to hear the lamentations of their women.

And women? They just wanna avoid havin' to lament.

Hell if I know what pussies, sissies, and butches want.

Post by 11011 »

and what is the source of this diversity? are people really that different?

and by really i mean, once you script away all the differences in upbringing as people are raised in little corporate cells to serve their purpose in society or the world as a whole, once you script away all needless genetic differences that are not true genetic differences but the result of epigenetic effects due to those needless differences in upbringing/environmental circumstance unlocking and subsequently passing on genes that would otherwise lay dormant, what are you left with?

you are left with mild temperamental differences..

under this circumstance, that is the circumstance where the original human condition is re-realized, what do humans really want?
Atla

Post by Atla »

11011 wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2019 10:16 am under this circumstance, that is the circumstance where the original human condition is re-realized, what do humans really want?
to survive (and procreate)?

Post by 11011 »

if death is inevitable, do humans really want to survive? and procreation is arguably just an extension of this fear - of dying.

how can someone really want something that is so irrational, that cannot be obtained under the circumstances of the human condition.

i cannot help but think that survival and procreate may not be humanity's purpose, let alone what they really want. it does not fit in with the human condition. fits nicely with theories of evolution and whatnot but not with the human condition as we really experience it.
Atla

Post by Atla »

11011 wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2019 9:25 am if death is inevitable, do humans really want to survive? and procreation is arguably just an extension of this fear - of dying.

how can someone really want something that is so irrational, that cannot be obtained under the circumstances of the human condition.

i cannot help but think that survival and procreate may not be humanity's purpose, let alone what they really want. it does not fit in with the human condition. fits nicely with theories of evolution and whatnot but not with the human condition as we really experience it.
Most humans aren't intelligent or rational. They live their lives under the mentality: "I'll exist forever".

Post by Age »

To feel listened to, heard, recognized, and accepted for who they Truly are.

To live in peace and harmony with EVERY one.

This is until they are abused enough, and then start thinking differently.
HexHammer

Post by HexHammer »

It's individually, some likes camping, some likes luxury hotels. Some likes motorcycles, some like cars.
It all comes down to individually taste.
planetlonely23

Post by planetlonely23 »

HexHammer wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2019 12:04 am

It's individually, some likes camping, some likes luxury hotels. Some likes motorcycles, some like cars.
It all comes down to individually taste.
Humans make mistakes as usual is something natural on us, therefore by this point one question is coming to my mind...Do Humans really want to fight in the search of meaning of because there is a stereotype of life they don't want to change their minds and carry on in the same way?

Making mistakes is the aim why we like to evolve and find out how to solve them to carry on being a better specie. But behind that mistakes there is the rationalism under we thought that we were right, I am not defining the dualism thought, rather the thinking which find a way where things not match but give us another possibility (shortcut that is made by the the reflex of the neurons inspired by the split cells that operates impulsive) that later is not analysed and that is the mistake, not analysed the impulsive thought that could lead to another multichoices which looking backward we denied it instead of to find the inspiration to make up something.
Walker

Post by Walker »

11011 wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2019 10:16 am and what is the source of this diversity? are people really that different?

and by really i mean, once you script away all the differences in upbringing as people are raised in little corporate cells to serve their purpose in society or the world as a whole, once you script away all needless genetic differences that are not true genetic differences but the result of epigenetic effects due to those needless differences in upbringing/environmental circumstance unlocking and subsequently passing on genes that would otherwise lay dormant, what are you left with?

under this circumstance, that is the circumstance where the original human condition is re-realized, what do humans really want?
Everyone wants peace of mind.
Seeking peace of mind causes all motion of mind and body.
Peace of mind is individually defined: it can be both journey towards, and destination arrived.
Peace of mind that is independent of circumstance requires the least effort, maintenance, or motion.

Example:
Both seek peace of mind, but the fittest survives.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D-ie_aFsfb8

If you can name an exception, you may have a discussion.
commonsense

Post by commonsense »

Walker wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2019 12:19 pm
11011 wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2019 10:16 am and what is the source of this diversity? are people really that different?

Peace of mind is individually defined: it can be both journey towards, and destination arrived.
Peace of mind that is independent of circumstance requires the least effort, maintenance, or motion.

Example:

An exception? I want the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the strength to change the things I can and the wisdom to know the difference. Beyond that I want sex. Oh yeah, and food and water and protection from the elements of nature.
Walker

Post by Walker »

commonsense wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2019 1:44 pm
Walker wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2019 12:19 pm

Example:

An exception? I want the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the strength to change the things I can and the wisdom to know the difference. Beyond that I want sex. Oh yeah, and food and water and protection from the elements of nature.
Any other action or thought you can name is also shadowed by the defined umbrella, since we're discussing principles here and not just individual proclivities.