Facebook or Philosophy? Which is more Dangerous?

For all things philosophical.

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Logik

Re: Facebook or Philosophy? Which is more Dangerous?

Post by Logik »

Eodnhoj7 wrote: Thu Feb 21, 2019 1:54 am And that is why any conceptualization about a Divine Order transcending all of us is blasphemy to you.
Blasphemy? No. It's incoherent. I am neither agreeing nor disagreeing with you.

Because you can't communicate this "divine order" to anybody else!

All I am trying to do is to give you the tools for self-expression so that you can communicate this "Divine Order" in a language that we understand.
Eodnhoj7 wrote: Wed Feb 20, 2019 10:07 pm But you cannot create it from nothing.
"Nothing" doesn't exist. You create it from the building blocks which are available to you.
Eodnhoj7 wrote: Wed Feb 20, 2019 10:07 pm And my opinion is the same, the technocracy and scientific priestclass (like the Roman Catholics of the Middle Ages) create false problems and lies they cannot keep.
So empower the people. To think for themselves. To see people in power for what they are - idiots.
To stop expecting others to solve their problems.

That's why I am selling tools not solutions. Use the tools to solve your own problems.

Eodnhoj7 wrote: Wed Feb 20, 2019 10:07 pm Negating what is not needed negates the illusions which magnify and create further suffering. Computer's create an illusion about reality which is not real. Social media is founded on lies telling people to be what they should figure out by simple quiet time alone.
Let me demonstrate how fucked up your argument is by changing just two words.

Negating what is not needed negates the illusions which magnify and create further suffering. Books create an illusion about reality which is not real. Libraries are founded on lies telling people to be what they should figure out by simple quiet time alone.
Eodnhoj7 wrote: Wed Feb 20, 2019 10:07 pm That redefinition is a strawman...and that is what computing is founded upon a continual strawman redefiniton of reality where we divert all of our attention to made up problems and illusion.
That redefinition is a strawman...and that is what literature is founded upon a continual strawman redefiniton of reality where we divert all of our attention to made up problems and illusion.
Eodnhoj7 wrote: Wed Feb 20, 2019 10:07 pm That logical argument of the "Prime Triad" is rational proof one can have a system of logic that cannot be limited to a computer program alone. It is a perspective...far more than a computer can give.
Sounds like progress. Over and above that which computation did for humanity in the 20th century.

Too bad you can't communicate your idea to anybody else.
Eodnhoj7 wrote: Wed Feb 20, 2019 10:07 pm Oh yes, I would...please tell me a place where everyone is not on an Iphone.
3rd world Africa. Where they don't have phones. Or electricity.
Eodnhoj7 wrote: Wed Feb 20, 2019 10:07 pm Where the men are self-composed and the women faithful.
Fiction books in the library.
Eodnhoj7 wrote: Wed Feb 20, 2019 10:07 pm You really can't...the technocratic culture is a global machine. Trust me, if there is somewhere to go I would have left for it.
If it were a global machine, surely 3rd Africa would be a technological heaven by now?

Make up your mind...

Eodnhoj7 wrote: Wed Feb 20, 2019 10:07 pm I am and the simple message is this: You do not need to be on your phone. The human condition is valuable. It's ability to put reason and form perspectives, which ground not just ourselves but holds reality together, is your sole responsibility. Man is the means and the ends.
You do not need to be lost in books. The human condition is valuable. It's ability to put reason and form perspectives, which ground not just ourselves but holds reality together, is your sole responsibility. Man is the means and the ends.

Eodnhoj7 wrote: Wed Feb 20, 2019 10:07 pm My tribe are the men and women who seek truth no matter the cost, great or small.

They can be strong or weak, straight or gay, sane or schizophrenic, black or white, IQ's of 180 or 75.

The only "tribe" I belong to is "mortal man".
And my tribe is the men and women who found it. We are all mortal.

For now.

[/color]
Eodnhoj7 wrote: Wed Feb 20, 2019 10:07 pm Those who wield a sword die by the sword.
Those who live by life - die by life.

Eodnhoj7 wrote: Wed Feb 20, 2019 10:07 pm An the only "why" reason dictates is that all being is meaningful in and of itself and cannot be manipulated or controlled.
Then why are you so cynical? Why the despair?

[/color]
Eodnhoj7 wrote: Wed Feb 20, 2019 10:07 pm Not really, social media use is linked to a variety of physical and mental health problems, I am not sure how putting young men in front of boxes will give quality to there lives. Extend them? Yes... but for nothing real or of value.
You are focusing on the box, and not on its value. Putting decision theory to practice is broadly applicable to all of life.

Game theory, systems theory, probability theory - it applies broadly to all decision-making and problem-solving. Beyond the world of programming.
Eodnhoj7 wrote: Wed Feb 20, 2019 10:07 pm Moderation: The embracement of both extremes while becoming none and the golden rule saves us from all theory while allowing for it.
[/quot]
You talk the talk, but you don't know how to walk the walk. You are overly-cynical in a world that has been going in the right direction since the beginning of human history.

This is not to put any blame on you. You, like every one us are a product of your environment. Change it.

Why would I want to re-invent the wheel? I am happy to stand on the shoulders of giants.
Eodnhoj7 wrote: Wed Feb 20, 2019 10:07 pm The wheel is what is going to put an end to the modern way of life.
And walking on foot is going to put an end to modern-day wheels!
Eodnhoj7 wrote: Wed Feb 20, 2019 10:07 pm Hence my point about trying to divert some extinction level of event...it was always there, will always be.
And we will always have to keep our guard up. When we aren't doing it to each other - the universe is trying to kill us.
Eodnhoj7

Re: Facebook or Philosophy? Which is more Dangerous?

Post by Eodnhoj7 »

Logik wrote: Thu Feb 21, 2019 2:38 am
Eodnhoj7 wrote: Thu Feb 21, 2019 1:54 am And that is why any conceptualization about a Divine Order transcending all of us is blasphemy to you.
Blasphemy? No. It's incoherent. I am neither agreeing nor disagreeing with you.

Because you can't communicate this "divine order" to anybody else!

All I am trying to do is to give you the tools for self-expression so that you can communicate this "Divine Order" in a language that we understand.
Eodnhoj7 wrote: Wed Feb 20, 2019 10:07 pm But you cannot create it from nothing.
"Nothing" doesn't exist. You create it from the building blocks which are available to you.
Eodnhoj7 wrote: Wed Feb 20, 2019 10:07 pm And my opinion is the same, the technocracy and scientific priestclass (like the Roman Catholics of the Middle Ages) create false problems and lies they cannot keep.
So empower the people. To think for themselves. To see people in power for what they are - idiots.
To stop expecting others to solve their problems.

That's why I am selling tools not solutions. Use the tools to solve your own problems.

Eodnhoj7 wrote: Wed Feb 20, 2019 10:07 pm Negating what is not needed negates the illusions which magnify and create further suffering. Computer's create an illusion about reality which is not real. Social media is founded on lies telling people to be what they should figure out by simple quiet time alone.
Let me demonstrate how fucked up your argument is by changing just two words.

Negating what is not needed negates the illusions which magnify and create further suffering. Books create an illusion about reality which is not real. Libraries are founded on lies telling people to be what they should figure out by simple quiet time alone.
Eodnhoj7 wrote: Wed Feb 20, 2019 10:07 pm That redefinition is a strawman...and that is what computing is founded upon a continual strawman redefiniton of reality where we divert all of our attention to made up problems and illusion.
That redefinition is a strawman...and that is what literature is founded upon a continual strawman redefiniton of reality where we divert all of our attention to made up problems and illusion.
Eodnhoj7 wrote: Wed Feb 20, 2019 10:07 pm That logical argument of the "Prime Triad" is rational proof one can have a system of logic that cannot be limited to a computer program alone. It is a perspective...far more than a computer can give.
Sounds like progress. Over and above that which computation did for humanity in the 20th century.

Too bad you can't communicate your idea to anybody else.
Eodnhoj7 wrote: Wed Feb 20, 2019 10:07 pm Oh yes, I would...please tell me a place where everyone is not on an Iphone.
3rd world Africa. Where they don't have phones. Or electricity.
Eodnhoj7 wrote: Wed Feb 20, 2019 10:07 pm Where the men are self-composed and the women faithful.
Fiction books in the library.
Eodnhoj7 wrote: Wed Feb 20, 2019 10:07 pm You really can't...the technocratic culture is a global machine. Trust me, if there is somewhere to go I would have left for it.
If it were a global machine, surely 3rd Africa would be a technological heaven by now?

Make up your mind...

Eodnhoj7 wrote: Wed Feb 20, 2019 10:07 pm I am and the simple message is this: You do not need to be on your phone. The human condition is valuable. It's ability to put reason and form perspectives, which ground not just ourselves but holds reality together, is your sole responsibility. Man is the means and the ends.
You do not need to be lost in books. The human condition is valuable. It's ability to put reason and form perspectives, which ground not just ourselves but holds reality together, is your sole responsibility. Man is the means and the ends.

Eodnhoj7 wrote: Wed Feb 20, 2019 10:07 pm My tribe are the men and women who seek truth no matter the cost, great or small.

They can be strong or weak, straight or gay, sane or schizophrenic, black or white, IQ's of 180 or 75.

The only "tribe" I belong to is "mortal man".
And my tribe is the men and women who found it. We are all mortal.

For now.

[/color]
Eodnhoj7 wrote: Wed Feb 20, 2019 10:07 pm Those who wield a sword die by the sword.
Those who live by life - die by life.

Eodnhoj7 wrote: Wed Feb 20, 2019 10:07 pm An the only "why" reason dictates is that all being is meaningful in and of itself and cannot be manipulated or controlled.
Then why are you so cynical? Why the despair?

[/color]
Eodnhoj7 wrote: Wed Feb 20, 2019 10:07 pm Not really, social media use is linked to a variety of physical and mental health problems, I am not sure how putting young men in front of boxes will give quality to there lives. Extend them? Yes... but for nothing real or of value.
You are focusing on the box, and not on its value. Putting decision theory to practice is broadly applicable to all of life.

Game theory, systems theory, probability theory - it applies broadly to all decision-making and problem-solving. Beyond the world of programming.
Eodnhoj7 wrote: Wed Feb 20, 2019 10:07 pm Moderation: The embracement of both extremes while becoming none and the golden rule saves us from all theory while allowing for it.
[/quot]
You talk the talk, but you don't know how to walk the walk. You are overly-cynical in a world that has been going in the right direction since the beginning of human history.

This is not to put any blame on you. You, like every one us are a product of your environment. Change it.

Why would I want to re-invent the wheel? I am happy to stand on the shoulders of giants.
Eodnhoj7 wrote: Wed Feb 20, 2019 10:07 pm The wheel is what is going to put an end to the modern way of life.
And walking on foot is going to put an end to modern-day wheels!
Eodnhoj7 wrote: Wed Feb 20, 2019 10:07 pm Hence my point about trying to divert some extinction level of event...it was always there, will always be.
And we will always have to keep our guard up. When we aren't doing it to each other - the universe is trying to kill us.
All of the above is strictly you trying to justify your position, but it is subject to the munchausseen trillema in all the points.

Other people agree with me, other's don't, other's don't care.

Even this is observed through the triad of "positive/negative/neutral" which is observed in the prime directives.

I will ask you one simple question to condense this subject into one point, which will variate into other axioms as the discussion progresses; What exactly are you pushing, or rather what is your point in all of this? You are not selling anything anyone wants or values.