Which Ultimate Truths Can Be Proven "Beyond a Reasonable Doubt"?

For all things philosophical.

Moderators: AMod, iMod

gaffo

Re: Which Ultimate Truths Can Be Proven "Beyond a Reasonable Doubt"?

Post by gaffo »

Dalek Prime wrote: Sun Dec 30, 2018 1:10 am
Then again I will suggest you have nothing on which to build a philosophy,
i agree.
Dalek Prime wrote: Sun Dec 30, 2018 1:10 am I was willing to lay out my basic premises, simply and in plain English. Why dont you?
I did, I'm a Solipsist, and have been since age 16 - 37 yrs ago.

Dalek Prime wrote: Sun Dec 30, 2018 1:10 am Because you cant.
i have many times. no need to be flippant.
Dalek Prime wrote: Sun Dec 30, 2018 1:10 am If you accept nothing external to yourself as real, you are left with pretty much nothing.
I'm left with what is "real" via empiricism - all things i know are "real" via my consciousness - whether what i know of "Reality/history/science/world/you" - actually exist outside of me is irrelivent and unknowable by me.

Dalek Prime wrote: Sun Dec 30, 2018 1:10 am Instead, all I hear you say is that my premises are bullshit. Yet they are perfectly reasonable to anyone who has read the beginners book by Russell.

Russel is not god - use you own mind.

Descarte came to my conclusion as a 20 something (5 yrs older than me, who i did not know of as a 16 yr old Solipsist) - before he bask-slid into Christian nonesence, and started affirming faith in reality beyond himself.
Dalek Prime wrote: Sun Dec 30, 2018 1:10 am Well, except my third premise, if someone wants to inanely argue that a rock sees self-worth in itself, as I state that the concept of value, or valuation, belongs to awareness, and concept itself as well, conceptualization being a mental process.
??
Dalek Prime

Post by Dalek Prime »

gaffo wrote: Sun Dec 30, 2018 1:55 am
Dalek Prime wrote: Sun Dec 30, 2018 1:10 am
Then again I will suggest you have nothing on which to build a philosophy,
i agree.
Dalek Prime wrote: Sun Dec 30, 2018 1:10 am I was willing to lay out my basic premises, simply and in plain English. Why dont you?
I did, I'm a Solipsist, and have been since age 16 - 37 yrs ago.

Dalek Prime wrote: Sun Dec 30, 2018 1:10 am Because you cant.
i have many times. no need to be flippant.
Dalek Prime wrote: Sun Dec 30, 2018 1:10 am If you accept nothing external to yourself as real, you are left with pretty much nothing.
I'm left with what is "real" via empiricism - all things i know are "real" via my consciousness - whether what i know of "Reality/history/science/world/you" - actually exist outside of me is irrelivent and unknowable by me.

Dalek Prime wrote: Sun Dec 30, 2018 1:10 am Instead, all I hear you say is that my premises are bullshit. Yet they are perfectly reasonable to anyone who has read the beginners book by Russell.

Russel is not god - use you own mind.

Descarte came to my conclusion as a 20 something (5 yrs older than me, who i did not know of as a 16 yr old Solipsist) - before he bask-slid into Christian nonesence, and started affirming faith in reality beyond himself.
Dalek Prime wrote: Sun Dec 30, 2018 1:10 am Well, except my third premise, if someone wants to inanely argue that a rock sees self-worth in itself, as I state that the concept of value, or valuation, belongs to awareness, and concept itself as well, conceptualization being a mental process.
??
I knew you didn't read them all. There were only three.
Logik

Post by Logik »

The best way to cure solipsism is a swift knee to the testicles, followed my a reminder that the realness of my knee is unknowable and irrelevant.

Solipsists, theists, atheists, skepticist, rationalists, empiricist, realist, existentialist and every other -ist out there is likely to guard their family jewels every time I get within knee-range.