The Futurology of Fuckin' PC

For all things philosophical.

Moderators: AMod, iMod

gaffo
Posts: 2352
Joined: Mon Nov 27, 2017 3:15 am

Re: The Futurology of Fuckin' PC

Post by gaffo » Fri Dec 14, 2018 2:48 am

when
"me too" goes beyond evidence provided and into males villainizing for being male, we get movies about such:


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ieLIOBkMgAQ

great movie btw - 9 out of 10 - top 20 of all time.

Veritas Aequitas
Posts: 1808
Joined: Wed Jul 11, 2012 4:41 am

Re: The Futurology of Fuckin' PC

Post by Veritas Aequitas » Fri Dec 14, 2018 3:15 am

Anyone been following the Sargon Banned from Patreon Saga?
This is very viral in the Youtube Community.

The story is;
  • The main source of many Youtubers' income are paid via Patreon.
    Sargon used the 'N' word is an unintended context 10 months ago in some non-Patreon platform.
    Conte, CEO of Patreon in Rubin Report, stated Patreon's rules do not apply to non-Patreon platforms.
    But Sargon was banned [without warning] when they suddenly introduced new rules [not announced]. i.e. one will be banned regardless of where the PC is infringed.
That is the evil of PC, these Fucking' PC impulses are so primal and beastly that they [PC'ers] are willing to throw morality and integrity out of the window to EASE their psychological pains.

This is the same psychological impulse that drives evil prone Muslims to kill in the name of their religion, God and prophet.

Now many supporters are cancelling their monthly subscriptions as retaliation against Patreon and many others Youtubers are losing income. Rubin reported 500 cancelled their Patreon account.

gaffo
Posts: 2352
Joined: Mon Nov 27, 2017 3:15 am

Re: The Futurology of Fuckin' PC

Post by gaffo » Fri Dec 14, 2018 3:53 am

i've heard of Sargon once or twice over the last year or so - no idea who/what he is. Rubin Report "TV show" i've watched a few shows of (*one with Sam Harris another with Dilbert cartoon guy and another with Ben Shapiro.

Rubin report is an ok show - on par with joe Rogan - nothing to write home about, over ratted but not crap either.

I find the David Pakman show the most intelligent show of these types of "political tv shows"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oMM_sYyEAFs

150k - must be nice. wish i was a trump bimbo ;-/

Sean Insanity - time to "lock him up" (how much did Putin pay him?). free villas on the crimea in summer? /etc.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y_qpMEcbmPU

User avatar
Eodnhoj7
Posts: 3838
Joined: Mon Mar 13, 2017 3:18 am

Re: The Futurology of Fuckin' PC

Post by Eodnhoj7 » Fri Dec 14, 2018 4:58 am

gaffo wrote:
Fri Dec 14, 2018 1:37 am
Eodnhoj7 wrote:
Thu Dec 13, 2018 12:17 am
commonsense wrote:
Tue Dec 11, 2018 5:27 pm
Before you bring out your arsenal of arguments about PC ideology, let's consider this thread to be about the future of PC, regardless of whether you embrace it or pine for its demise.

There are customs that were considered to be normal behavior in the past, that are now inappropriate to exhibit. During their times, whites-only restaurants, bathrooms and drinking water were customary in the southern U.S. Also, housing and school segregation were the norm just about anywhere in the States.

"Boys will be boys" was the common slogan of past generations, meaning it was OK for boys to take garner the attention of school teachers, at the expense of girls. It was OK for buys to get into fights with each other or into mischief in general.

Practices of the past have become socially inappropriate, even though they were considered to be acceptable in their day.

Now, Rudolph, the Red Nosed Reindeer, White Christmas and others are examples of what many say are harmless social customs and are needlessly being called out for bullying and racism. Baby, it's Cold Outside is banned from radio playlists in some locales, due to its promotion of misogyny and rape. Really? Things have just gone too far.

In their prime, ostracizing, then banning prejudice and bullying were examples of going too far. No argument is suggested here that these no longer exist. Nonetheless, unsuitable conduct has been dampened, though not eradicated.

My best guess is that actions considered the norm today will be shunned at some point in the future. My prediction is that PC will flourish rather than decline. Civilized nations will trend toward greater civility.
Here is a simple stance.

1. One extreme alternates to another.

2. The one extreme right now is a promotion of women over men.

3. It will cycle back when women shoot themselves in the foot. No man will marry for sleep with them because of legal repercussion, and the ones that will sleep with them they will quickly become dissatisfied with.
MGTOW formation since 7 yrs ago is a reaction to this.

and why I avoid white american women myself - I'm white, but look toward Black American women (more traditional than white american females), or outwrite foreign women to get involved with personally as a white male american.

known all too many since 2000 or so male ameicans (friends) taken to the cleaners via female while entitled gals - their husbands destroyed/taken for all ----for me to be the same sucker.
Yeah I am more than well aware of the mgtow movement, I was introduced to it in college by an older man in his forties at the time. I was raised Catholic with traditional values and ignorantly assumed if I worked hard, clean life, etc. I would have no real problem finding a wife starting a family, etc...just base natural law in simple terms.

Then college was a massive reality check for a variety reasons. Between personal experience and what I observed I realized not only is it a risk to start a family but to have a girlfriend or wife might as well be taking care of another child. Anyhow, an older guy points me to MGTOW back in 2010 and it basically put into words everything I sensed intuitively.

People do not understand that multiple sex partners causes a fracturing effect in the human psyche. And the girl are so messed up by their thirties (I have ran across more and more in there early twenties and late teens) that no man will want to handle there baggage. Even the men who want to will get a reality check and just say "f``k it" eventually.

Most women do not understand that men leave them because most women cannot keep a real man, because a real man would not put up with there garbage. Does this applies to all women? No, but the pressure for the minority to fit in causes them to become part of the majority sooner or later.


Relative to the MGTOW movement I do not support them but I am not against them either. At this point I am neutral. I fully understand their stance and they have legitimate points which should be observed. They are a community which should be respected and acknowledged in many degrees.

Marriage is a legitimate hazard that can destroy a mans life and most of these women will grow old and alone. It is already happening now.

What the women do not understand is that we as men enjoy their company, when they control themselves, but we do not need them. Feminism is about taking women out of one kitchen and into another.

It is also about getting laid real easy. Free sex, porn, and the robotics industry will make women obselete in one form or another. The great irony is the studies seem to imply that this approach to sexuality is less gratifying than the traditional approach.

Dont get me wrong, this is not something I say full of some deep sense of satisfaction, it is an ugly truth.

The destruction of sexuality is the destruction of the creative aspect of society and with that death comes a death of society.

Dalek Prime
Posts: 4923
Joined: Tue Apr 14, 2015 4:48 am
Location: Living in a tree with Polly.

Re: The Futurology of Fuckin' PC

Post by Dalek Prime » Fri Dec 14, 2018 6:35 pm

commonsense wrote:
Thu Dec 13, 2018 8:29 pm
Dalek Prime wrote:
Wed Dec 12, 2018 7:33 pm
commonsense wrote:
Tue Dec 11, 2018 5:27 pm
Before you bring out your arsenal of arguments about PC ideology, let's consider this thread to be about the future of PC, regardless of whether you embrace it or pine for its demise.

There are customs that were considered to be normal behavior in the past, that are now inappropriate to exhibit. During their times, whites-only restaurants, bathrooms and drinking water were customary in the southern U.S. Also, housing and school segregation were the norm just about anywhere in the States.

"Boys will be boys" was the common slogan of past generations, meaning it was OK for boys to take garner the attention of school teachers, at the expense of girls. It was OK for buys to get into fights with each other or into mischief in general.

Practices of the past have become socially inappropriate, even though they were considered to be acceptable in their day.

Now, Rudolph, the Red Nosed Reindeer, White Christmas and others are examples of what many say are harmless social customs and are needlessly being called out for bullying and racism. Baby, it's Cold Outside is banned from radio playlists in some locales, due to its promotion of misogyny and rape. Really? Things have just gone too far.

In their prime, ostracizing, then banning prejudice and bullying were examples of going too far. No argument is suggested here that these no longer exist. Nonetheless, unsuitable conduct has been dampened, though not eradicated.

My best guess is that actions considered the norm today will be shunned at some point in the future. My prediction is that PC will flourish rather than decline. Civilized nations will trend toward greater civility.
PC is not civility or about civility. It's about gagging any dissent, and preventing ideas and humour from flourishing.

Not even about, among other things, directing people to interact with respect?
I'm respectful of people by my upbringing. In no way, shape or form do I need direction from my juniors on embracing all good people, and rejecting, respectfully, the rubbish. If I have an opinion, I will state it, or hold my tongue. But I won't allow anyone else to hold it for me, or cut it out entirely. It wasn't PCers who came up with respect or thoughtfulness. It was us old white men who lived and stated the motto, 'If you have nothing good to say, don't say anything at all'. That is not true of PCers, who randomly denigrate white men for all the evils of the world, and assuming the world would be better off without them, or have them sent to what the Chinese term political reorientation camps.

PCers dont want reason. They want their way, and punish any dissent.

User avatar
henry quirk
Posts: 4733
Joined: Fri May 09, 2008 8:07 pm

"They want their way, and punish any dissent."

Post by henry quirk » Fri Dec 14, 2018 7:28 pm

Hence the need for switches, friggin' truckloads of 'em.

When Peter & Paula Youngperson make with the mouthin' off: beat the piss out of 'em.

When Simon and Samantha Oldperson chime in: beat the piss of 'em.

User avatar
vegetariantaxidermy
Posts: 8073
Joined: Thu Aug 09, 2012 6:45 am
Location: Narniabiznus

Re: The Futurology of Fuckin' PC

Post by vegetariantaxidermy » Fri Dec 14, 2018 9:30 pm

Dalek Prime wrote:
Fri Dec 14, 2018 6:35 pm
commonsense wrote:
Thu Dec 13, 2018 8:29 pm
Dalek Prime wrote:
Wed Dec 12, 2018 7:33 pm


PC is not civility or about civility. It's about gagging any dissent, and preventing ideas and humour from flourishing.

Not even about, among other things, directing people to interact with respect?
I'm respectful of people by my upbringing. In no way, shape or form do I need direction from my juniors on embracing all good people, and rejecting, respectfully, the rubbish. If I have an opinion, I will state it, or hold my tongue. But I won't allow anyone else to hold it for me, or cut it out entirely. It wasn't PCers who came up with respect or thoughtfulness. It was us old white men who lived and stated the motto, 'If you have nothing good to say, don't say anything at all'. That is not true of PCers, who randomly denigrate white men for all the evils of the world, and assuming the world would be better off without them, or have them sent to what the Chinese term political reorientation camps.

PCers dont want reason. They want their way, and punish any dissent.
The wankers don't just denigrate white men. There was a young female tourist murdered here recently and the piece's of shit were vomiting their PC crap all over the internet that people only care because she's 'white and privileged'. God I hate those turds.

Veritas Aequitas
Posts: 1808
Joined: Wed Jul 11, 2012 4:41 am

Re: The Futurology of Fuckin' PC

Post by Veritas Aequitas » Sat Dec 15, 2018 4:16 am

Note this, no debate possible with PC'ers;
FACT: We can't have civil debate with leftist and the biased media
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V5gHLOtEshM

commonsense
Posts: 1089
Joined: Sun Mar 26, 2017 6:38 pm

Re: The Futurology of Fuckin' PC

Post by commonsense » Sat Dec 15, 2018 9:16 pm

Veritas Aequitas wrote:
Sat Dec 15, 2018 4:16 am
Note this, no debate possible with PC'ers;
FACT: We can't have civil debate with leftist and the biased media
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V5gHLOtEshM
Very true. Likewise, the PC'ers cannot have a civil debate with the right. There's too much shouting coming from both sides. Really, admit it, we're as guilty as they are. And the shouting drowns out any debatable reason there may be.




:mrgreen:
commonsense wrote:
Tue Dec 11, 2018 5:27 pm
Before you bring out your arsenal of arguments about PC ideology, let's consider this thread to be about the future of PC, regardless of whether you embrace it or despise it.
[Emphasis added]

Judaka is one of the few here who have responded to the actual OP:
Judaka wrote:
Fri Dec 14, 2018 1:18 am
I'm arguing that PC culture stems from moral positions that are pervasive throughout the West, good manners and ethics change over time and do not remain the same. I'm not arguing that it is a good thing that this is occurring, in fact, I despise PC culture as much as anyone can but I can't ignore its prevalence. PC culture has already evolved into good manners and empathy for a lot of people and is a basic condition for being a decent human being for them. I think there are extreme examples of PC culture that are abhorrent enough that pushback against them may prevail but right now, you can't express many beliefs that I would consider valid or reasonable without the average person thinking you are a racist or sexist.
I don't think that the US has fended off PC culture at all and while the democrats are doing a good job of self-destructing, there's certainly some elements of PC culture which seem quite ingrained, particularly in high school/uni students that won't go away easily and will probably instead, expand and develop until we see more aspects of PC culture dictating is considered acceptable speech.
I don't hope for it but it's my expectation.
Judaka wrote:
Thu Dec 13, 2018 10:46 am
I think it's hard to say whether PC culture will win or lose, I think many people think it's obvious it will lose but it seems to me like we're trending towards complete victory for PC culture. There are clear examples of over-the-top PC ideas like with third-wave feminism and the extreme left and a lot of counter-movement towards those exaggerated examples but all across the West, examples which I may consider extreme PC are being considered basic human decency.
Although there are posts to the contrary, many comments in this thread go like this:
PC, bad; PC must be destroyed in the future; beside all that, whatever is good about PC has been in existence since long before PC ever arrived.

Remember, this thread is about the future of PC, regardless of whether you embrace it or despise it.
What sociopolitical changes, the ones that cause the balance to tip in favor of either one or the other, do you wish to argue?

:mrgreen:

User avatar
vegetariantaxidermy
Posts: 8073
Joined: Thu Aug 09, 2012 6:45 am
Location: Narniabiznus

Re: The Futurology of Fuckin' PC

Post by vegetariantaxidermy » Sat Dec 15, 2018 9:31 pm

commonsense wrote:
Sat Dec 15, 2018 9:16 pm
Veritas Aequitas wrote:
Sat Dec 15, 2018 4:16 am
Note this, no debate possible with PC'ers;
FACT: We can't have civil debate with leftist and the biased media
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V5gHLOtEshM
Very true. Likewise, the PC'ers cannot have a civil debate with the right. There's too much shouting coming from both sides. Really, admit it, we're as guilty as they are. And the shouting drowns out any debatable reason there may be.




:mrgreen:
commonsense wrote:
Tue Dec 11, 2018 5:27 pm
Before you bring out your arsenal of arguments about PC ideology, let's consider this thread to be about the future of PC, regardless of whether you embrace it or despise it.
[Emphasis added]

Judaka is one of the few here who have responded to the actual OP:
Judaka wrote:
Fri Dec 14, 2018 1:18 am
I'm arguing that PC culture stems from moral positions that are pervasive throughout the West, good manners and ethics change over time and do not remain the same. I'm not arguing that it is a good thing that this is occurring, in fact, I despise PC culture as much as anyone can but I can't ignore its prevalence. PC culture has already evolved into good manners and empathy for a lot of people and is a basic condition for being a decent human being for them. I think there are extreme examples of PC culture that are abhorrent enough that pushback against them may prevail but right now, you can't express many beliefs that I would consider valid or reasonable without the average person thinking you are a racist or sexist.
I don't think that the US has fended off PC culture at all and while the democrats are doing a good job of self-destructing, there's certainly some elements of PC culture which seem quite ingrained, particularly in high school/uni students that won't go away easily and will probably instead, expand and develop until we see more aspects of PC culture dictating is considered acceptable speech.
I don't hope for it but it's my expectation.
Judaka wrote:
Thu Dec 13, 2018 10:46 am
I think it's hard to say whether PC culture will win or lose, I think many people think it's obvious it will lose but it seems to me like we're trending towards complete victory for PC culture. There are clear examples of over-the-top PC ideas like with third-wave feminism and the extreme left and a lot of counter-movement towards those exaggerated examples but all across the West, examples which I may consider extreme PC are being considered basic human decency.
Although there are posts to the contrary, many comments in this thread go like this:
PC, bad; PC must be destroyed in the future; beside all that, whatever is good about PC has been in existence since long before PC ever arrived.

Remember, this thread is about the future of PC, regardless of whether you embrace it or despise it.
What sociopolitical changes, the ones that cause the balance to tip in favor of either one or the other, do you wish to argue?

:mrgreen:
It's a bit difficult to discuss it with you when you don't understand what it is, and ignore it when it's explained to you.

User avatar
henry quirk
Posts: 4733
Joined: Fri May 09, 2008 8:07 pm

"the future of PC"

Post by henry quirk » Sat Dec 15, 2018 9:33 pm

As I say: it's gonna be chips in the head (to eliminate 'bad' thinkin') or switches for the assess (better late than never).

Not seein' any other options.

commonsense
Posts: 1089
Joined: Sun Mar 26, 2017 6:38 pm

Re: "the future of PC"

Post by commonsense » Sat Dec 15, 2018 9:41 pm

henry quirk wrote:
Sat Dec 15, 2018 9:33 pm
As I say: it's gonna be chips in the head (to eliminate 'bad' thinkin') or switches for the assess (better late than never).

Not seein' any other options.
Nice one, Hank,

User avatar
Eodnhoj7
Posts: 3838
Joined: Mon Mar 13, 2017 3:18 am

Re: "the future of PC"

Post by Eodnhoj7 » Sun Dec 16, 2018 1:50 am

henry quirk wrote:
Sat Dec 15, 2018 9:33 pm
As I say: it's gonna be chips in the head (to eliminate 'bad' thinkin') or switches for the assess (better late than never).

Not seein' any other options.
That somes it up, upon the cultural realization everything is mind the next world war will be one of ideology eventually leading to the chipping and sterilization of free thought.

Veritas Aequitas
Posts: 1808
Joined: Wed Jul 11, 2012 4:41 am

Re: The Futurology of Fuckin' PC

Post by Veritas Aequitas » Sun Dec 16, 2018 2:13 am

commonsense wrote:
Sat Dec 15, 2018 9:16 pm
Veritas Aequitas wrote:
Sat Dec 15, 2018 4:16 am
Note this, no debate possible with PC'ers;
FACT: We can't have civil debate with leftist and the biased media
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V5gHLOtEshM
Very true. Likewise, the PC'ers cannot have a civil debate with the right. There's too much shouting coming from both sides. Really, admit it, we're as guilty as they are. And the shouting drowns out any debatable reason there may be.
There will always be extremes on both sides.
I am not a rightist but rather on to philosophy-proper.

In general the average leftist is too emotional and psychological to be rational due to blinded [stupid] empathy and compassion in regards especially to freedom of speech.

commonsense
Posts: 1089
Joined: Sun Mar 26, 2017 6:38 pm

Re: The Futurology of Fuckin' PC

Post by commonsense » Sun Dec 16, 2018 9:39 pm

vegetariantaxidermy wrote:
Sat Dec 15, 2018 9:31 pm
It's a bit difficult to discuss it with you when you don't understand what it is, and ignore it when it's explained to you.
I must apologize for causing these problems. I haven’t been trolling, but I have been playing “devil’s advocate” in order to nudge the discussion back to the future (no pun intended). Unfortunately, that tack has given off the impression that I know nothing of which I’m talking.

As Veggie astutely pointed out, I ignored explanations of PC and anti-PC. I had hoped that the discussion would focus on the future of PC rather than its agenda, per se.

I’ve paid little attention to posts other than those by Judaka, -1-, JohnDoe, and HQ. Other than these four, there have been none who’ve prognosticated anything about the future. The rest are stuck in the present at best.

What follows is nothing new for me; this has been my opinion all along:

PC, per Wikipedia, is a movement to avoid language, policies and actions that may (or may not) be offensive to certain disadvantaged, at least in the minds of PC’ers, minority groups.

What PC does is it censors language, policies and behaviors that it deems offensive. In other words, PC obstructs freedom of speech along with the freedom to engage in policies and actions of one’s own choosing.

The consequences of PC are seen in our news, our courts, our schools, our entertainment and our public bathrooms.

The Anti-PC backlash calls out this agenda for being excessive and unwarranted.

Worst of all, insofar as thought and language are interdependent, PC is a movement that relies on mind control to bring about its agenda.

And that's the way it is.

What it will be will be shaped by a battle between the growth of the PC culture and the strong pushback it garners. For that reason, I see PC as a cyclical movement, as the pendulum swings, so it were.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 9 guests