The Futurology of Fuckin' PC

For all things philosophical.

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Eodnhoj7

Re: The Futurology of Fuckin' PC

Post by Eodnhoj7 »

Dalek Prime wrote: Wed Dec 12, 2018 7:33 pm
commonsense wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 5:27 pm Before you bring out your arsenal of arguments about PC ideology, let's consider this thread to be about the future of PC, regardless of whether you embrace it or pine for its demise.

There are customs that were considered to be normal behavior in the past, that are now inappropriate to exhibit. During their times, whites-only restaurants, bathrooms and drinking water were customary in the southern U.S. Also, housing and school segregation were the norm just about anywhere in the States.

"Boys will be boys" was the common slogan of past generations, meaning it was OK for boys to take garner the attention of school teachers, at the expense of girls. It was OK for buys to get into fights with each other or into mischief in general.

Practices of the past have become socially inappropriate, even though they were considered to be acceptable in their day.

Now, Rudolph, the Red Nosed Reindeer, White Christmas and others are examples of what many say are harmless social customs and are needlessly being called out for bullying and racism. Baby, it's Cold Outside is banned from radio playlists in some locales, due to its promotion of misogyny and rape. Really? Things have just gone too far.

In their prime, ostracizing, then banning prejudice and bullying were examples of going too far. No argument is suggested here that these no longer exist. Nonetheless, unsuitable conduct has been dampened, though not eradicated.

My best guess is that actions considered the norm today will be shunned at some point in the future. My prediction is that PC will flourish rather than decline. Civilized nations will trend toward greater civility.
PC is not civility or about civility. It's about gagging any dissent, and preventing ideas and humour from flourishing.
That somes it up, and when all that creative energy gets backed up the PC culture will be dealing with an avalanche of unrestrained force against it.
Veritas Aequitas

Post by Veritas Aequitas »

commonsense wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 5:27 pm Before you bring out your arsenal of arguments about PC ideology, let's consider this thread to be about the future of PC, regardless of whether you embrace it or pine for its demise.
I believe this Fuckin' PC arose out of low self esteem and insecurity driven by the inherent existential crisis.
This is why it is very common for PC to be demanded from those who are psychologically insecure and lack refine critical and rational thinking, i.e. from
  • 1. the emotional regressive left who do not respect reason and critical thinking
    2. the insecure and sensitive theists [left and right] whose feelings are easily wounded
    3. the coward leaders who are crazy for power bending over for 1 and/or 2 above.
    4. other emotional cowards
Since the basis of PC is the existential crisis and fundamentally driven by the brain, there is a need to rewire the brain [via fool proofs methods] for a less PC environment.
Eodnhoj7

Post by Eodnhoj7 »

Veritas Aequitas wrote: Thu Dec 13, 2018 4:48 am
I believe this Fuckin' PC arose out of low self esteem and insecurity driven by the inherent existential crisis.
This is why it is very common for PC to be demanded from those who are psychologically insecure and lack refine critical and rational thinking, i.e. from
  • 1. the emotional regressive left who do not respect reason and critical thinking
    2. the insecure and sensitive theists [left and right] whose feelings are easily wounded
    3. the coward leaders who are crazy for power bending over for 1 and/or 2 above.
Since the basis of PC is the existential crisis and fundamentally driven by the brain, there is a need to rewire the brain [via fool proofs methods] for a less PC environment.
For once I would have to agree with you.

All people feel a sense of guilt by nature. Guilt is a sense of worthlessness due to a lack of bonding. In light of a culture where there is no moral wrong, people take this guilt they feel subjectively and project it on others.

PC is a protective zeitgeist in one respect while a witch hunt in another where perceived faults are projected onto another and deemed worthy of elimination. In prior group perspectives people where held accountable for there own actions and required to work them out through self discipline, spiritual training, etc.

Today people are trained they can do no wrong, so any perceived cognitive dissonance is projected on towards others in order to fit in with the moral norm.

Add the fact if people claim they committed a wrong, no compassion will be shown and it will be "rubbed in the individual's face" as a sign or weakness...hence an aura of fear and despair is instilled at the subconscious level.
Veritas Aequitas

Post by Veritas Aequitas »

Eodnhoj7 wrote: Thu Dec 13, 2018 5:28 am

All people feel a sense of guilt by nature. Guilt is a sense of worthlessness due to a lack of bonding. In light of a culture where there is no moral wrong, people take this guilt they feel subjectively and project it on others.

PC is a protective zeitgeist in one respect while a witch hunt in another where perceived faults are projected onto another and deemed worthy of elimination. In prior group perspectives people where held accountable for there own actions and required to work them out through self discipline, spiritual training, etc.

Today people are trained they can do no wrong, so any perceived cognitive dissonance is projected on towards others in order to fit in with the moral norm.

Add the fact if people claim they committed a wrong, no compassion will be shown and it will be "rubbed in the individual's face" as a sign or weakness...hence an aura of fear and despair is instilled at the subconscious level.
It is natural for humans to have similar and different views.
PC is a protective zeitgeist in one respect while a witch hunt in another where perceived faults are projected onto another and deemed worthy of elimination.
I posted on the principles of Defense Mechanism somewhere.
A defence mechanism is an unconscious psychological mechanism that reduces anxiety arising from unacceptable or potentially harmful stimuli.

Psychiatrist George Eman Vaillant introduced a four-level classification of defence mechanisms:[21]

Level I – pathological defences (psychotic denial, delusional projection)
Level II – immature defences (fantasy, projection, passive aggression, acting out)
Level III – neurotic defences (intellectualization, reaction formation, dissociation, displacement, repression)
Level IV – mature defences (humour, sublimation, suppression, altruism, anticipation)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Defence_mechanisms
My issue is the fuckin' PC and defense mechanisms from the Islam-apologists and the leftist-bastards are who hell bent on destroying free speech due to their low self-esteem, insecurites and paranoia.
Eodnhoj7

Post by Eodnhoj7 »

Veritas Aequitas wrote: Thu Dec 13, 2018 6:18 am
Eodnhoj7 wrote: Thu Dec 13, 2018 5:28 am

It is natural for humans to have similar and different views.
PC is a protective zeitgeist in one respect while a witch hunt in another where perceived faults are projected onto another and deemed worthy of elimination.
I posted on the principles of Defense Mechanism somewhere.
A defence mechanism is an unconscious psychological mechanism that reduces anxiety arising from unacceptable or potentially harmful stimuli.

Psychiatrist George Eman Vaillant introduced a four-level classification of defence mechanisms:[21]

Level I – pathological defences (psychotic denial, delusional projection)
Level II – immature defences (fantasy, projection, passive aggression, acting out)
Level III – neurotic defences (intellectualization, reaction formation, dissociation, displacement, repression)
Level IV – mature defences (humour, sublimation, suppression, altruism, anticipation)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Defence_mechanisms
My issue is the fuckin' PC and defense mechanisms from the Islam-apologists and the leftist-bastards are who hell bent on destroying free speech due to their low self-esteem, insecurites and paranoia.
An agreeing with you was nice while it lasted.
Judaka

Post by Judaka »

I think it's hard to say whether PC culture will win or lose, I think many people think it's obvious it will lose but it seems to me like we're trending towards complete victory for PC culture. There are clear examples of over-the-top PC ideas like with third-wave feminism and the extreme left and a lot of counter-movement towards those exaggerated examples but all across the West, examples which I may consider extreme PC are being considered basic human decency.

PC is actually more like morally correct and now that people by-and-large are vehemently against real sexism and racism, I think as time goes on things that were considered PC in the past will become basic manners and decency, where people will automatically correct their language in order to be polite.

I think that there's already many examples of PC culture indoctrinating people to the point where it's such a basic principle that a good person will be cautious with their language (as some would call PC) that it's not something one would even think to question. It's accepted for them that a good person won't say things that can potentially offend people.

I think that's definitely going to continue to become more prevalent.
vegetariantaxidermy

Post by vegetariantaxidermy »

Judaka wrote: Thu Dec 13, 2018 10:46 am I think it's hard to say whether PC culture will win or lose, I think many people think it's obvious it will lose but it seems to me like we're trending towards complete victory for PC culture. There are clear examples of over-the-top PC ideas like with third-wave feminism and the extreme left and a lot of counter-movement towards those exaggerated examples but all across the West, examples which I may consider extreme PC are being considered basic human decency.

PC is actually more like morally correct and now that people by-and-large are vehemently against real sexism and racism, I think as time goes on things that were considered PC in the past will become basic manners and decency, where people will automatically correct their language in order to be polite.

I think that there's already many examples of PC culture indoctrinating people to the point where it's such a basic principle that a good person will be cautious with their language (as some would call PC) that it's not something one would even think to question. It's accepted for them that a good person won't say things that can potentially offend people.

There is nothing morally superiour about the PC lobby. Your post assumes that they have some sort of moral objectivity that the rest of us are not privy to. I don't need any pink-haired moron telling me how to think or behave. If they were basing their rules on logic and reason then it might perhaps work, but they are so illogical, inconsistent, and hypocritical that I can't see anything positive coming from it. Teaching children good manners and kindness is not the same as making them wear rainbows and telling them that they are 'gender fluid'.
Umm, are you suggesting that PC is going to miraculously evolve into 'good manners' and empathy? LOL. Good manners have been around for a while now. Empathy even longer. There's nothing particularly nice about the PC. 'Faux-nice' is how I would describe them.
The worst of the PC movement is from the US, yet the US is getting more and more aggressive and its population is as war-loving and military-worshipping as ever. In the obscenely hypocritical US of A you must NEVER utter the words 'coloured' and 'person' consecutively, yet 'persons of colour' ('politically safe') are shot do death and/or savagely beaten every day by American cops. Even children 'of colour' aren't safe.
commonsense

Post by commonsense »

There are customs that were considered to be normal behavior in the past, that are now inappropriate to exhibit. During their times, whites-only restaurants, bathrooms and drinking water were customary in the southern U.S. Also, housing and school segregation were the norm just about anywhere in the States.

"Boys will be boys" was the common slogan of past generations, meaning it was OK for boys to take garner the attention of school teachers, at the expense of girls. It was OK for buys to get into fights with each other or into mischief in general.

Practices of the past have become socially inappropriate, even though they were considered to be acceptable in their day.

Now, Rudolph, the Red Nosed Reindeer, White Christmas and others are examples of what many say are harmless social customs and are needlessly being called out for bullying and racism. Baby, it's Cold Outside is banned from radio playlists in some locales, due to its promotion of misogyny and rape. Really? Things have just gone too far.

In their prime, ostracizing, then banning prejudice and bullying were examples of going too far. No argument is suggested here that these no longer exist. Nonetheless, unsuitable conduct has been dampened, though not eradicated.

My best guess is that actions considered the norm today will be shunned at some point in the future. My prediction is that PC will flourish rather than decline. Civilized nations will trend toward greater civility.
PC is not civility or about civility. It's about gagging any dissent, and preventing ideas and humour from flourishing.

Not even about, among other things, directing people to interact with respect?
vegetariantaxidermy

Post by vegetariantaxidermy »

commonsense wrote: Thu Dec 13, 2018 8:29 pm

Not even about, among other things, directing people to interact with respect?
Haven't you read any of the other comments?
Judaka

Post by Judaka »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Thu Dec 13, 2018 11:36 am
Judaka wrote: Thu Dec 13, 2018 10:46 am I think it's hard to say whether PC culture will win or lose, I think many people think it's obvious it will lose but it seems to me like we're trending towards complete victory for PC culture. There are clear examples of over-the-top PC ideas like with third-wave feminism and the extreme left and a lot of counter-movement towards those exaggerated examples but all across the West, examples which I may consider extreme PC are being considered basic human decency.

There is nothing morally superiour about the PC lobby. Your post assumes that they have some sort of moral objectivity that the rest of us are not privy to. I don't need any pink-haired moron telling me how to think or behave. If they were basing their rules on logic and reason then it might perhaps work, but they are so illogical, inconsistent, and hypocritical that I can't see anything positive coming from it. Teaching children good manners and kindness is not the same as making them wear rainbows and telling them that they are 'gender fluid'.
Umm, are you suggesting that PC is going to miraculously evolve into 'good manners' and empathy? LOL. Good manners have been around for a while now. Empathy even longer. There's nothing particularly nice about the PC. 'Faux-nice' is how I would describe them.
The worst of the PC movement is from the US, yet the US is getting more and more aggressive and its population is as war-loving and military-worshipping as ever. In the obscenely hypocritical US of A you must NEVER utter the words 'coloured' and 'person' consecutively, yet 'persons of colour' ('politically safe') are shot do death and/or savagely beaten every day by American cops. Even children 'of colour' aren't safe.
I'm arguing that PC culture stems from moral positions that are pervasive throughout the West, good manners and ethics change over time and do not remain the same. I'm not arguing that it is a good thing that this is occurring, in fact, I despise PC culture as much as anyone can but I can't ignore its prevalence. PC culture has already evolved into good manners and empathy for a lot of people and is a basic condition for being a decent human being for them. I think there are extreme examples of PC culture that are abhorrent enough that pushback against them may prevail but right now, you can't express many beliefs that I would consider valid or reasonable without the average person thinking you are a racist or sexist.

I don't think that the US has fended off PC culture at all and while the democrats are doing a good job of self-destructing, there's certainly some elements of PC culture which seem quite ingrained, particularly in high school/uni students that won't go away easily and will probably instead, expand and develop until we see more aspects of PC culture dictating is considered acceptable speech.

I don't hope for it but it's my expectation.
gaffo

Re:

Post by gaffo »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 9:09 pm Getting rid of segregation in the US had NOTHING to do with Political Correctness.
true it was about equality - and by that assimilation.

a color blind/race blind society.

i support such - now quant and outdated idea.

BTW I have much respect (more respect for the man Malcom X , than the man Martin Luther JR - but affirm the latter's view of inclusion of all into a unified humanity, over the former's separate black nation mentality (but again I really respected Malcolm the man - he was no hypcrite, didnot cheat on wife/etc - unlike Luther jr who did - WRt to their personal lives.

Political correctness is just the flawed Malcom X mentality of separation and pride for being a member of said group, and is counter inclusion of all into the unity of mandkind.

all the same all equal, and so none care of what sex or race they are of.

the old 70's Melting Pot ideal America had - before it was killed off by PC and the new "progressives" who champion division and tribe over unity of humankind.
gaffo

Re:

Post by gaffo »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 9:09 pm . As you can see, there is little to no personal risk in any of these enterprises--this is because they are all fashionable causes, and don't involve getting off one's own arse and doing something constructive and useful
yes we call it "Virtue signaling" good for cowards and the egos of.

when the going gets rough, they dissapear.

"pozer" is the more old school term, but the same.
gaffo

Post by gaffo »

agreed.
gaffo

Post by gaffo »

Eodnhoj7 wrote: Thu Dec 13, 2018 12:17 am

Here is a simple stance.

1. One extreme alternates to another.

2. The one extreme right now is a promotion of women over men.

3. It will cycle back when women shoot themselves in the foot. No man will marry for sleep with them because of legal repercussion, and the ones that will sleep with them they will quickly become dissatisfied with.
MGTOW formation since 7 yrs ago is a reaction to this.

and why I avoid white american women myself - I'm white, but look toward Black American women (more traditional than white american females), or outwrite foreign women to get involved with personally as a white male american.

known all too many since 2000 or so male ameicans (friends) taken to the cleaners via female while entitled gals - their husbands destroyed/taken for all ----for me to be the same sucker.
gaffo

Post by gaffo »

psychobabble bullshit.

the only reason there is "PC" - is due to college campuses.gov grants to profs-teachers of "African/women/etc studies"............the grants allowed the feedback cycle to relivence, if you survive the 1st 20 yrs of drought, then you can indoctrine the next generation to contunue the endowments infinitum.

PC lived past the drought of mid 80's to 00's - and is now fully accepted as legit - via the indoctrinated and endowded endowments.

all hale for the weak minded and provda.