Supporting Evidences and References are Critical

For all things philosophical.

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Gary Childress

Re: Supporting Evidences and References are Critical

Post by Gary Childress »

Walker wrote: Sun Dec 02, 2018 5:02 pm That's all more evidence to discount the party-origins of war as asserted by Chomsky.

You can't pick and choose.
If you say so. Hopefully Chomsky is wrong--because there are a LOT of supporters out there of the Republican Party.
Walker

Post by Walker »

Gary Childress wrote: Sun Dec 02, 2018 7:01 pm
Walker wrote: Sun Dec 02, 2018 5:02 pm That's all more evidence to discount the party-origins of war as asserted by Chomsky.

If you say so. Hopefully Chomsky is wrong--because there are a LOT of supporters out there of the Republican Party.
That shows evidence does not influence belief.
So, how critical can it be.

I supply objective evidence that refutes Chomsky’s assertion of political party as the basis for war.

And you say, “If you say so.”

No, it’s not that I say so. The evidence says so, but obviously belief in Chomsky is stronger than evidence.

It’s belief in Chomsky that allows picking and choosing whatever supports his Leftist views.

:)
Gary Childress

Post by Gary Childress »

Walker wrote: Sun Dec 02, 2018 7:26 pm
Gary Childress wrote: Sun Dec 02, 2018 7:01 pm

That shows evidence does not influence belief.
So, how critical can it be.

I supply objective evidence that refutes Chomsky’s assertion of political party as the basis for war.

And you say, “If you say so.”

No, it’s not that I say so. The evidence says so, but obviously belief in Chomsky is stronger than evidence.

It’s belief in Chomsky that allows picking and choosing whatever supports his Leftist views.

:)
Well there are some scary people on the Republican side (John Bolton is one who comes to mind at this moment because he's in the current Trump admin), most of the "war hawks" as they're called seem to be Republicans. Also most of the militarists who want to "modernize" the nuclear arsenal and increase spending on the military seem to be in the Republican ranks. Chomsky cites that as a dangerous tendency for stoking the possibility of war. I mean, it's not that cut and dried either way, but it seems like there is cause for concern at least. Maybe Chomsky goes overboard on his denouncement of militarism but the other half of his denouncement of the Republicans is along the lines of ecological concerns.
Walker

Post by Walker »

Evidence suggests Parisians are not too happy with the new high taxes on fuel that are designed to discourage fuel use and thus save the planet.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... atons.html
Veritas Aequitas

Post by Veritas Aequitas »

Gary Childress wrote: Sun Dec 02, 2018 9:57 am Personally, I tend to be more afraid of fellow Americans with firearms, as they seem pretty dangerous also and statistically I probably stand almost as much chance of getting killed from one of them as a Muslim terrorist. I hear Chicago is quite a killing ground these days.
Unfortunately, it is human nature [for survival sake] that ALL humans has the potential to be evil and violent. Fortunately only a percentile [say 20% conservatively] are born with an active evil tendency.
Therefore there will be evil prone humans who will kill for various reasons due to their unfortunate inborn evil prone nature.
Humanity must address all these issue to prevent ALL evil and violent acts.

The killing grounds of Chicago can be prevented with political will.
The difficult with the general evil prone is it is difficult to identify them and knowing where they will strike. It can happened in a school ground or anywhere.

But with Muslims, the root causes and factor are so specific, i.e. where there is Islam and Muslims, there will definitely be Islamic based evil and violent acts as evident with real cases everywhere.
Now what is pathetic is the ground of this violence is driven by a command from a God which is not real but illusion.

So the solution [theoretical] to Islamic-based evil and violent is very easy, i.e. deal [wean off or get rid] with the evil of Islamic ideology and there will be no more Islamic-based evil and violent act around the world as in this one type of evil and violence;

You are VERY selfish in thinking ONLY of yourself and has no empathy and compassion for the many who had been killed in the US [911 etc.], the above around the World and humanity.

If one is a concerned citizen of humanity, the least one can do is to critique Islamic-based evil and violent acts. If you are not interested, you should not dilute and deflect the efforts of those who do.
Or maybe Noam Chomsky is right and the greatest immediate 'evil' (or in secular terms most 'dangerous' group of people) which humanity faces is the Republican Party in the US, because most of the more hawkish war mongers (nuclear armed ones at that) come from them and they also deny man made global climate change--even so far as to seek to accelerate the process of environmental catastrophe through increased use of non-sustainable energy sources.

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/video ... earth.html
You are very short-sighted and at the mercy of confirmation bias.

I am not an American but I believe in general [other than its theistic elements*] I believe the average Republican is more humane than the average Democrats. The Democrats appear to be more humane to victims but they very ignorant and are doing more harm than good to humanity in the long run.
*I do not believe theism and religion is an imperative default feature of 'what is Republican'.

Generally the Democrats has an underlying evil ethos, i.e. note slavery, KKK, racism, fascism, deceptions, and other evil motives which ooze subliminally in the present state.

In terms of Republican versus Democrats it was the a Democrat who shot the Republican in the Baseball Shooting Case.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2017_Cong ... l_shooting

Note Antifa as condoned by the Democrats.
Gary Childress

Post by Gary Childress »

Veritas Aequitas wrote: Mon Dec 03, 2018 5:15 am Unfortunately, it is human nature [for survival sake] that ALL humans has the potential to be evil and violent. Fortunately only a percentile [say 20% conservatively] are born with an active evil tendency.
Including you, apparently.
Veritas Aequitas

Gary Childress wrote: Mon Dec 03, 2018 8:39 am
Veritas Aequitas wrote: Mon Dec 03, 2018 5:15 am Unfortunately, it is human nature [for survival sake] that ALL humans has the potential to be evil and violent. Fortunately only a percentile [say 20% conservatively] are born with an active evil tendency.
Yes, but I have done my best to be excluded from the 20%.
I am not a saint and I am vulnerable to commit evil acts but I will do my best [via spiritual exercises, philosophy, etc.] not to.
One thing I am 100% certain at present is, being not-a-theist and non-religious, by default there is no way I will ever commit any theistic-religious-based evil and violent acts as commanded by a God.
Last edited by Veritas Aequitas on Mon Dec 03, 2018 8:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
Gary Childress

Post by Gary Childress »

Veritas Aequitas wrote: Mon Dec 03, 2018 8:47 am
I am not a saint and I am vulnerable to commit evil acts but I will do my best [via spiritual exercises, philosophy, etc.] not to.
"But..." No, you are engaging in evil. No "buts".
Veritas Aequitas

Gary Childress wrote: Mon Dec 03, 2018 8:49 am
Veritas Aequitas wrote: Mon Dec 03, 2018 8:47 am

"But..." No, you are engaging in evil. No "buts".
Note my edited post.
Prove I am engaging in evil?
Gary Childress

Post by Gary Childress »

You are engaging in bigotry against an entire group of people based only on their shared ethnicity, many of whom have done nothing to you and what's worse is that you are trying to spread your bigotry to others here on the forum. That, is evil.
Veritas Aequitas

Gary Childress wrote: Mon Dec 03, 2018 8:52 am You are engaging in bigotry against an entire group of people based only on their shared ethnicity, many of whom have done nothing to you and what's worse is that you are trying to spread your bigotry to others here on the forum. That, is evil.
I have to say the above is a very stupid judgment and view.
I have already stated, do not blame the Muslims but rather on the ideology of Islam.

Note I deliberately raise this thread to explain;

Do Not Blame Muslims!
viewtopic.php?f=11&t=24842

Surely in context [in the various posts above] you should have noted my intention to differentiate between the ideology and the believers.

The example of the clear distinction is between Nazism and the German people. Condemnation and critique of Nazism in the 1930-40s was not condemnation of all Germans then.
Gary Childress

Post by Gary Childress »

Veritas Aequitas wrote: Mon Dec 03, 2018 9:01 am
Gary Childress wrote: Mon Dec 03, 2018 8:52 am You are engaging in bigotry against an entire group of people based only on their shared ethnicity, many of whom have done nothing to you and what's worse is that you are trying to spread your bigotry to others here on the forum. That, is evil.
I have already stated, do not blame the Muslims but rather on the ideology of Islam.

Do Not Blame Muslims!

Surely in context [in the various posts above] you should have noted my intention to differentiate between the ideology and the believers.

The example of the clear distinction between Nazism and the German people. Condemnation and critique of Nazism in the 1930-40s was not condemnation of all Germans then.
I don't blame bigots, only their ideology. I'm not even saying YOU are evil, only what you are saying and doing. You can change those ways.
Veritas Aequitas

Gary Childress wrote: Mon Dec 03, 2018 9:08 am

Do Not Blame Muslims!

The example of the clear distinction between Nazism and the German people. Condemnation and critique of Nazism in the 1930-40s was not condemnation of all Germans then.
I don't blame bigots, only their ideology. I'm not even saying YOU are evil, only what you are saying and doing. You can change those ways.
Don't give those excuses.

My approach is to critique the evil and violent elements from the ideology of Islam because it is so evident such elements has and is inspiring SOME evil prone Muslims to commit terrible evil and violent acts on non-believers as evident below;

What is so bigotry about that since I am relying of evidence and facts.
If you do not agree just give me counter arguments to show otherwise instead of jumping to make stupid judgments.
Gary Childress

Post by Gary Childress »

Veritas Aequitas wrote: Mon Dec 03, 2018 9:23 am

Do Not Blame Muslims!

My approach is to critique the evil and violent elements from the ideology of Islam because it is so evident such elements has and is inspiring SOME evil prone Muslims to commit terrible evil and violent acts on non-believers as evident below;

If you do not agree just give me counter arguments to show otherwise instead of jumping to make stupid judgments.
How many of those "terror attacks" on your "tracker" are attacks by Muslims against other Muslims?
Veritas Aequitas

Gary Childress wrote: Mon Dec 03, 2018 9:38 am
Veritas Aequitas wrote: Mon Dec 03, 2018 9:23 am

How many of those "terror attacks" on your "tracker" are attacks by Muslims against other Muslims?
There are Muslims [deemed apostates, hypocrites as enemies] killed in that list.
The fact that Muslims kill their own kind driven by their ideology will only reinforced my argument in showing how crazy and evil the ideology is.