Are we really able to create an independent thing?

For all things philosophical.

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Veritas Aequitas

Re: Are we really able to create an independent thing?

Post by Veritas Aequitas »

commonsense wrote: Mon Nov 26, 2018 2:19 am Veritas, what do you mean by "CR" as in the term, "hallucination-CR"? Please explain.
"hallucination-CR" is hallucination of conscious reality. i.e.
your conscious reality at this moment is in one sense a type of hallucination, albeit of low degrees.

This is in contrast to a full blown hallucination experienced by a schizophrenic.
Veritas Aequitas

Post by Veritas Aequitas »

Age wrote: Sun Nov 25, 2018 11:14 pm BUT that IS an ACTUAL conventional dictionary meaning, which I quoted.

Just as I proposed would happen, happened: That brain, in that head, would hallucinate another conscious "reality" of and for a definition for 'hallucinate', as proven below. That brain did this to TRY TO "justify" its own already held assumptions and BELIEFS.

How the human brain works, and its predictability, can be very easily and simply known, and witnessed here.

Even AFTER writing what A human brain would do, you would think that that brain would do some thing rather different, just to prove Me wrong, however the power of BELIEFS, and the belief-system, is just to strong. Adult human beings are NOT in control. They are controlled by their own BELIEFS, and by their assumptions to a lesser extent.

Just read the following and see HOW the brain will try it's very hardest to TRY TO "justify" its very own already held assumptions and beliefs.
Veritas Aequitas wrote: Sun Nov 25, 2018 2:28 amIt is like we are ignoring a diamond gem is totally different from a piece of pure charcoal in the conventional sense and zooming [shifting perspective] into its common element i.e. pure carbon. Thus a diamond and charcoal are made up of exactly the same thing [element] but different within a continuum [degrees] of its molecular structure.

Applying the above to the emergence of reality;

Note this
Your brain hallucinates your conscious reality
viewtopic.php?f=11&t=25316
and the thesis presented by Ramanchandran [neuroscientist] on the same subject.

What they have done is to study the principles, mechanics and neural process of the emergence of reality and that of hallucinations and found that both are the same but of different degrees within the continuum in terms of its neural basis.

What you missed out is you extrapolated [rhetorically] from the conventional dictionary meaning and failed to shift perspective to a more refined perspective of reality in regard to the underlying neural basis of reality.
Note the saying,
"You are what you believe" which I agree.
What a person believe is based on his DNA [nature] and inputs from experiences [nurture].
You points above prove nothing new at all.

All humans has beliefs.
What is critical here is one's beliefs must be controlled and refined by critical thinking and philosophy-proper, i.e. establish objectivity. This is exactly what I have done with my beliefs and I always put reservations on what I believed.
I have never been a bigot nor being dogmatic and the evidence is from my evolving beliefs from theism to non-theism and in many other areas where I have changed by beliefs.
Just I have change beliefs in the past, if you can convince me with sound arguments wherever I am wrong I will change my beliefs where applicable.

You?
You don't seem to grasp the point, your realization of conscious reality is based on a degree of hallucination.
Why? it is because you are blinded by a hallucination of higher degree.
Your thinking is too narrow, shallow, dogmatic and rigid.
commonsense

Post by commonsense »

bahman wrote: Fri Nov 23, 2018 5:40 pm The point is that what one creates should be based on his/her experiences in the past, so it is not independent.
1. Whatever someone creates depends on that person's past experiences. Makes sense.

2. Whatever someone makes can behave independently of the person's directions. Makes sense, too. Automatic devices are made all the time.

So, based on what is meant by dependent/independent, I'd change my answer between independent and not independent.

Post by Age »

Veritas Aequitas wrote: Mon Nov 26, 2018 4:30 am
Age wrote: Sun Nov 25, 2018 11:14 pm BUT that IS an ACTUAL conventional dictionary meaning, which I quoted.

Just as I proposed would happen, happened: That brain, in that head, would hallucinate another conscious "reality" of and for a definition for 'hallucinate', as proven below. That brain did this to TRY TO "justify" its own already held assumptions and BELIEFS.

How the human brain works, and its predictability, can be very easily and simply known, and witnessed here.

Even AFTER writing what A human brain would do, you would think that that brain would do some thing rather different, just to prove Me wrong, however the power of BELIEFS, and the belief-system, is just to strong. Adult human beings are NOT in control. They are controlled by their own BELIEFS, and by their assumptions to a lesser extent.

Just read the following and see HOW the brain will try it's very hardest to TRY TO "justify" its very own already held assumptions and beliefs.
Veritas Aequitas wrote: Sun Nov 25, 2018 2:28 amIt is like we are ignoring a diamond gem is totally different from a piece of pure charcoal in the conventional sense and zooming [shifting perspective] into its common element i.e. pure carbon. Thus a diamond and charcoal are made up of exactly the same thing [element] but different within a continuum [degrees] of its molecular structure.

Applying the above to the emergence of reality;

Note this
Your brain hallucinates your conscious reality
viewtopic.php?f=11&t=25316
and the thesis presented by Ramanchandran [neuroscientist] on the same subject.

What they have done is to study the principles, mechanics and neural process of the emergence of reality and that of hallucinations and found that both are the same but of different degrees within the continuum in terms of its neural basis.

What you missed out is you extrapolated [rhetorically] from the conventional dictionary meaning and failed to shift perspective to a more refined perspective of reality in regard to the underlying neural basis of reality.
Note the saying,
"You are what you believe" which I agree.
What a person believe is based on his DNA [nature] and inputs from experiences [nurture].
You points above prove nothing new at all.

All humans has beliefs.
What is critical here is one's beliefs must be controlled and refined by critical thinking and philosophy-proper, i.e. establish objectivity. This is exactly what I have done with my beliefs and I always put reservations on what I believed.
I have never been a bigot nor being dogmatic and the evidence is from my evolving beliefs from theism to non-theism and in many other areas where I have changed by beliefs.
Just I have change beliefs in the past, if you can convince me with sound arguments wherever I am wrong I will change my beliefs where applicable.

You?
You don't seem to grasp the point, your realization of conscious reality is based on a degree of hallucination.
Why? it is because you are blinded by a hallucination of higher degree.
Your thinking is too narrow, shallow, dogmatic and rigid.
Okay, that is fair enough, if that is what you BELIEVE.

Note the saying, which you agree with; "You are what you BELIEVE".