Göbekli Tepe

For all things philosophical.

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Re: Göbekli Tepe

Post by Age »

surreptitious57 wrote: Sat Sep 07, 2019 4:15 pm
Age wrote:
what I say EXACTLY can again be taken out of context too quickly
I have no interest in taking you out of context as that serves absolutely no purpose
I KNOW you do NOT, and I NEVER even suggested that you do it intentionally.

I was just alluding to the fact that IF just one comma, for example, is left out of a sentence, then the whole context of that sentence, and then the paragraph, and more, can so easily get misconstrued or the whole lot get taken out of context.

For some reason, which 'you' only KNOW, you leave out things when you rewrite and copy my words.

I have an guessed at WHY you do this, but I do not KNOW, for sure, why, which is WHY I ask you to clarify WHY you do it.
surreptitious57 wrote: Sat Sep 07, 2019 4:15 pmI just want you to explain yourself clearly so there is no confusion in what you say
I KNOW, but it is hard to even begin to explain one's self clearly if and when no one believes or even accepts that what you are saying has any truth to it.

Speaking clearly so there is NO confusion is also somewhat hard as EVERY listener/reader has different definitions and meanings for the words being used.
surreptitious57

Post by surreptitious57 »

Age wrote:
If you are NOT completely open to the possibility that some thing may not be true then how could you be more detached now

But if the above is what you SEE as being true then we will just leave it just as it is if that is what you would like
You made no mention of the fact that I said it can be measured and so why did you not mention this in your reply
Do you not think it is actually possible for a human being to know if they are less angry now than they used to be
Do you not think that this knowledge can then allow them to claim with certainty that they are indeed less angry
Did you think I would be making a truth claim without any reason to justify it because that would make no sense
surreptitious57

Age wrote:
it is hard to even begin to explain ones self clearly if and when no one believes or even accepts that what you are saying has any truth
It must at least be true for you othewise why would you be saying it at all

I dont have to agree with anything you say but I do at least expect to understand you otherwise it is simply pointless
For me you are easy to understand most of the time though you do have a tendency to get bogged down in semantics

Post by Age »

surreptitious57 wrote: Sat Sep 07, 2019 4:29 pm
Age wrote:
When I feel that I learned enough here and thus am READY to move out into deeper waters then I WILL
What exactly are these deeper waters that you refer to
Just writing a story, and sharing it.
surreptitious57 wrote: Sat Sep 07, 2019 4:29 pmWill you be communicating in public with other human beings just like you are here
The only communicating will be with whoever is interested in reading just another story.
surreptitious57 wrote: Sat Sep 07, 2019 4:29 pmWill they be human beings who are far more knowledgeable and open than all of us
EVERY one is at continually changing stages, so I do NOT see any one being "far more" nor "far less" knowledgeable and open than any one else. Although I may at times, say some are NOT as open as some "others" are, I do know WHY this is and I also KNOW this is just part and parcel of how and why ALL things are the way they ARE. So, I SEE EVERY one EQUALLY.

I also can not answer your question here properly because;
1. I do NOT know who or what 'all of us' refers to exactly.
2. "far more" is a to relativistic term, and what 'far more' is in relation to exactly I am NOT sure of either.
surreptitious57 wrote: Sat Sep 07, 2019 4:29 pmOther than me all of the active members of the forum are very intelligent but you still want to leave and go elsewhere
To me, EVERY one is EQUAL in 'intelligence'.

EVERY one HAS the ABILITY to learn, understand, and reason any thing and every thing. However, this ABILITY gets somewhat diminished by the belief-system, which has, in the times of when this is written, become a part of EVERY adult one also.

I am certainly NOT looking for those who think or believe that they are intelligent. Those ones are too CLOSED to work or discuss with. I am just looking for those, like yourself, who WANT to learn more and/or just some thing new.
surreptitious57 wrote: Sat Sep 07, 2019 4:29 pmNow I will accept this if it ever happens but I do not actually know if you will ever leave here and so only time will tell
Okay.

But out of ALL of the real issues on planet earth, in the times of when this is written, which could be LOOKED AT, IF 'I' leave this forum or not I do NOT see as being of any real issue nor any thing to be concerned of at all.

Post by Age »

surreptitious57 wrote: Sat Sep 07, 2019 4:44 pm
Age wrote:
If you are NOT completely open to the possibility that some thing may not be true then how could you be more detached now

But if the above is what you SEE as being true then we will just leave it just as it is if that is what you would like
You made no mention of the fact that I said it can be measured and so why did you not mention this in your reply
Because if any thing can be measured or not has absolutely no bearing on whether one chooses to remain completely OPEN or not.

For example I can measure any thing and KNOW of a figure or a determined outcome BUT I can still choose to remain completely OPEN to that figure and outcome being actually WRONG or DIFFERENT.

I can even express the actual Truth of things and still remain completely OPEN as well.

I also could point out and say; You also made no mention of the fact that I said: Did you read the rest of what I wrote? and so why did you not mention this in your reply? But I will not point out and say this, as I could point out and say this many upon many of times about how my questions just get ignored and dismissed.
surreptitious57 wrote: Sat Sep 07, 2019 4:44 pmDo you not think it is actually possible for a human being to know if they are less angry now than they used to be
No, as I think it is actually possible for a human being to know if they are "less angry" now than they once were previously.
surreptitious57 wrote: Sat Sep 07, 2019 4:44 pmDo you not think that this knowledge can then allow them to claim with certainty that they are indeed less angry
I think a human being can claim with certainty that they are indeed "less angry" at a specific given point than they were previously at a specific given point or points.

And IF we want to delve into this in much greater detail so that ALL is explained and thus can be FULLY understood, then we will have to LOOK AT and discuss what 'angry' and 'less angry' actually means. But that might be moving ahead just a bit to quickly for now.
surreptitious57 wrote: Sat Sep 07, 2019 4:44 pmDid you think I would be making a truth claim without any reason to justify it because that would make no sense
I KNOW of millions of human beings who make truth claims, without any justifiable reason to justify the claim, yet they still TRY.

How I KNOW this is by asking them clarifying questions.

So, what REASON do you have to justify your truth claim that you are more open now than you have ever previously been?

Post by Age »

surreptitious57 wrote: Sat Sep 07, 2019 4:56 pm
Age wrote:
it is hard to even begin to explain ones self clearly if and when no one believes or even accepts that what you are saying has any truth
It must at least be true for you othewise why would you be saying it at all
Very true.
surreptitious57 wrote: Sat Sep 07, 2019 4:56 pmI dont have to agree with anything you say but I do at least expect to understand you otherwise it is simply pointless
But what human beings who assume or believe that they already KNOW what is true and right will do is NOT listen at all to what is being said if it goes against what they assume or believe. So, they will NEVER understand me. And, IF you at least expect to understand me, then you at least HAVE TO BE able to LISTEN to me.

As I say I can VERY EASILY and VERY SIMPLY explain ALL that I have and want to say so that it is ALL fully understood. But I can NEVER make any one LISTEN to me.

You are RIGHT you do NOT have to agree with any thing I say. And, I am NOT even looking for agreement, now. At the moment I much prefer to be told WHAT is WRONG in my writings, by pointing out WHERE the WRONG IS and WHY it IS WRONG.

surreptitious57 wrote: Sat Sep 07, 2019 4:56 pmFor me you are easy to understand most of the time though you do have a tendency to get bogged down in semantics
If the word 'semantics' means relating to meaning in language or logic. then when expressing in a way so that one is FULLY understood, then accusing "another" of getting "bogged down in semantics" could be said to be a 'contradiction of terms'.

If a discussion is about HOW to better understand each other, then using that old worn out phrase; "you get bogged down in semantics", is another great example of HOW and WHY people do NOT get FULLY understood.

The brain, with the help of the belief-system, is absolutely amazing thing at twisting things around to suit its own self beliefs.

If the whole point of communication between human beings is so that human beings understand each other with as less confusion and with as much understanding as possible, then 'semantics' might be considered to be the highest of things to LOOK AT and DISCUSS, of which 'we' could NEVER actually "get bogged down in"as it is 'relating to meaning in language and logic' HOW we crawl out of the confused and disillusioned mess that 'we' are in now, when this is written.

That is; 'we' LOOK AT and DISCUSS NOT the twisted and distorted version, definition, and meaning of the word 'semantic', which people like to use with wanting to not look at and just dismiss what "another" is saying, but the actual version, definition, and meaning of the word 'semantic', which first appears with the click of a button when the word 'semantic' is typed into a search bar.

Without LOOKING AT and DISCUSSING what is relating to the meaning in language and logic, then really what is being LOOKED AT and DISCUSSED is just one's own assumptions and beliefs, which as we all KNOW could be partly or completely WRONG anyway.
surreptitious57

Age wrote:
I could point out and say this many upon many of times about how my questions just get ignored and dismissed
I have told you multiple times now that I do not have the mental energy to answer all of your questions
You have also told me that you do not want me to answer any of your questions so what is the problem

And you have once again diverted entirely from the actual subject matter of the thread bringing me in too
You must stop doing this as it is all irrelevant so can you from now on try to stay on topic if you can please

So two points to remember : always be as precise as you can and stay within the subject matter at all times
And if you want to discuss some thing not related to any specific thread then why not start one of your own

No more replies from me in this thread from now on so you can stop too

Post by Age »

surreptitious57 wrote: Sat Sep 07, 2019 5:53 pm
Age wrote:
I could point out and say this many upon many of times about how my questions just get ignored and dismissed
I have told you multiple times now that I do not have the mental energy to answer all of your questions
You have also told me that you do not want me to answer any of your questions so what is the problem
There is absolutely NO problem, in Life, other the ones that 'you're yourself make up. There is NO mention that I used the 'could' were there, which itself means the quote is not important nor a problem at all.
surreptitious57 wrote: Sat Sep 07, 2019 5:53 pmAnd you have once again diverted entirely from the actual subject matter of the thread bringing me in too
So, are you saying that it is ALL my fault, once again, that the subject matter gets changed in a thread?

Is it ALL my responsibility as well that 'you' became involved also? (Some might be thinking that this could just be another attempt at completely ignoring and dismissing my clarifying questions and diverting away from the current subject matter, which I may not have never started anyway).

If anyone was to read this thread over again, then they will SEE just how early the subject matter actually changed, how often a change has occurred, and by who has changed the subject matter.

How many actual threads in this forum stay completely on topic? And I am not even in most of them.

I started in this thread asking WHY the person who started this thread says the "first humans" were around only 12,000 years ago. I have tried to bring this back to being this subject, a few times now, with no success. I am still waiting for clarification.
surreptitious57 wrote: Sat Sep 07, 2019 5:53 pmYou must stop doing this as it is all irrelevant so can you from now on try to stay on topic if you can please.
Okay, MUST "others" HAVE TO not divert also so that they also can from now on try to stay on topic, or is this advice for only me?

Have you actually read how quickly the 'subject matter' continually gets diverted from the topic and in how many threads this occurs in?
surreptitious57 wrote: Sat Sep 07, 2019 5:53 pmSo two points to remember : always be as precise as you can and stay within the subject matter at all times
Does this apply to me only, or to "others" as well including yourself?
surreptitious57 wrote: Sat Sep 07, 2019 5:53 pmAnd if you want to discuss some thing not related to any specific thread then why not start one of your own
But I do start out discussing some thing very related to the thread, this subject matter however can so easily get changed by the response I get.

I will provide more examples of this in following threads from now.

I do not start my own thread because have you seen how quickly the subject matter can get diverted, by anyone, and how often it actually occurss?
surreptitious57 wrote: Sat Sep 07, 2019 5:53 pmNo more replies from me in this thread from now on so you can stop too
But why would I or should I stop?

If a person wants to say and insist that the "first humans" were around only 12,000 years ago, in order to substantiate some theory that they are trying to make up, then I want to know what evidence they have for this. To me and to many "others" human beings were existing well before the miniscule said 12,000 years ago. BUT, maybe I and them are WRONG. So, I would like to be informed of how and why we are wrong, if we are.

If people change the subject matter beyond this with me, then so be it.
jayjacobus

Post by jayjacobus »

Modern humans emerged when they learned to conceptualize. Before that they were animals and not human.