Göbekli Tepe

For all things philosophical.

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Atla

Re: Göbekli Tepe

Post by Atla »

Eodnhoj7 wrote: Tue Aug 20, 2019 5:35 pm Plato's Atlantis myth, like all myths, is grounded in something. I say "Egyptians! Egyptians!" but most likely they hijacked a philosophy from some prior civilization.
I currently see the legend of Atlantis mainly as a mixture of three Egyptian memories:

- the "First Age", Zep Tepi which is addressed in this topic; the Egyptians were obsessed with that time period, and the ~9500 BC date given for Atlantis coincides with Göbekli Tepe and the major cataclism that ended the Ice Age.

- the Indus Valley civ, personally I think that the Egyptians made contact with them around 2650 BC when they sent out expeditions; they are that extremely advanced civ that taught Egyptians so much, and this also explains how they could have gone from build crappy little pyramids to building the Great pyramids in just few decades

- the Phoenician-Minoan trading empire, which was mostly destroyed overnight by a volcanic eruption; this topic is HUGE, I think there's overwhelming evidence that these guys routinely traveled the planet around 1700-2000 BC and probably even before that, and mined copper in North America which then they transported to Europe; their magnificence even eclypsed Egypt
Eodnhoj7

Post by Eodnhoj7 »

Atla wrote: Tue Aug 20, 2019 5:47 pm
Eodnhoj7 wrote: Tue Aug 20, 2019 5:35 pm Plato's Atlantis myth, like all myths, is grounded in something. I say "Egyptians! Egyptians!" but most likely they hijacked a philosophy from some prior civilization.
I currently see the legend of Atlantis mainly as a mixture of three Egyptian memories:

- the "First Age", Zep Tepi which is addressed in this topic; the Egyptians were obsessed with that time period, and the ~9500 BC date given for Atlantis coincides with the major cataclism that ended the Ice Age

- the Indus Valley civ, personally I think that the Egyptians made contact with them around 2650 BC when they sent out expeditions; they are that extremely advanced civ that taught Egyptians so much, and this also explains how they could have gone from build crappy little pyramids to building the Great pyramids in just few decades

- the Phoenician-Minoan trading empire, which was mostly destroyed overnight by a volcanic eruption; this topic is HUGE, I think there's overwhelming evidence that these guys routinely traveled the planet around 1700-2000 BC and probably even before that, and mined copper in North America which then they transported to Europe; their magnificence even eclypsed Egypt
Possible, it follows a Jungian myth paradigm at minimum.

If a very very loose memory serves, Atlantis had vessels according to pseudo scientific "myths" (or whatever you want to call them). Egypt was an off branch...the pyramids are universal so relegating to Egypt alone is iffy.

It would not be surprised they where hubpoints of some prior global super government. Considering "nothing is new under the sun" because of realities cyclical nature we have to assume at one point a one world government existed...a technocracy so to speak, with a different view of technology than today because of a different philosophical perspective.

Technology is a projection of how one reasons about how reality works...the pyramids all over the world give evidence to some philosophical/religious movement of some form...
Atla

Post by Atla »

Atla wrote: Tue Aug 20, 2019 5:47 pm - the Indus Valley civ, personally I think that the Egyptians made contact with them around 2650 BC when they sent out expeditions; they are that extremely advanced civ that taught Egyptians so much, and this also explains how they could have gone from build crappy little pyramids to building the Great pyramids in just few decades

On a fun side note, I'm confused on this one a bit. The Indus-Valley civ had a great city, Dwarka, that literally sank into the sea. And the Phoenician-Minoan empire had Santorini blow up, and all the Northern coast cities of Crete washed away by the following tsunami.

So which one of these would qualify for "sank into the sea" more? :)

Post by Age »

Atla wrote: Tue Aug 20, 2019 4:24 pm
Age wrote: Tue Aug 20, 2019 4:00 pm So, you can not even answer two very simple straightforward questions. Do you not like having your ideas about what you find "absolutely fascinating" questioned?

You say, This "First Age" of humanity, roughly 10000 BC - 8000 BC, which completely contradicts what is otherwise suggested. Yet you still do NOT clarify what you mean. Do you really believe that the "first age" of humanity was just that minuscule few years ago?
I'll repeat: could you leave this topic to people who aren't insane, thank you.
Okay. But this insane one will inform that your figures could be out by only roughly a million or two years, and maybe even more? But, I guess that is close enough for you?
Atla

Post by Atla »

Age wrote: Wed Aug 21, 2019 5:05 am
Age wrote: Tue Aug 20, 2019 4:00 pm So, you can not even answer two very simple straightforward questions. Do you not like having your ideas about what you find "absolutely fascinating" questioned?

You say, This "First Age" of humanity, roughly 10000 BC - 8000 BC, which completely contradicts what is otherwise suggested. Yet you still do NOT clarify what you mean. Do you really believe that the "first age" of humanity was just that minuscule few years ago?
Okay. But this insane one will inform that your figures could be out by only roughly a million or two years, and maybe even more? But, I guess that is close enough for you?
I think (almost) anyone on this forum, except you, can roughly and immediately understand in what sense I meant "humanity" and "First Age". Your brain may not be able to decode like half of human language, but for most others it's automatic.

Post by Age »

Atla wrote: Wed Aug 21, 2019 5:21 pm
I think (almost) anyone on this forum, except you, can roughly and immediately understand in what sense I meant "humanity" and "First Age". Your brain may not be able to decode like half of human language, but for most others it's automatic.
Well considering that you know that I am insane, then you should not be to surprised that my brain is not able to decode your human language and also is not able to understand in what sense you meant "humanity" and "first age", so in what exact sense did you mean those two phrases?
Atla

Post by Atla »

Age wrote: Wed Aug 21, 2019 6:59 pm

Well considering that you know that I am insane, then you should not be to surprised that my brain is not able to decode your human language and also is not able to understand in what sense you meant "humanity" and "first age", so in what exact sense did you mean those two phrases?
Why should every interesting topic on this forum be derailed into an endless attempt to translate every word into an autistic format that you can roughly understand?

Not only does that ruin the ongoing discussion, but in the end you just come back with your delusions about certain knowledge anyway.

Can't you learn to communicate somewhere else, so that you will finally understand why you're wrong, and why you're making insane assumptions all the time?
Eodnhoj7

Post by Eodnhoj7 »

Atla wrote: Tue Aug 20, 2019 6:10 pm
Atla wrote: Tue Aug 20, 2019 5:47 pm - the Indus Valley civ, personally I think that the Egyptians made contact with them around 2650 BC when they sent out expeditions; they are that extremely advanced civ that taught Egyptians so much, and this also explains how they could have gone from build crappy little pyramids to building the Great pyramids in just few decades

On a fun side note, I'm confused on this one a bit. The Indus-Valley civ had a great city, Dwarka, that literally sank into the sea. And the Phoenician-Minoan empire had Santorini blow up, and all the Northern coast cities of Crete washed away by the following tsunami.

So which one of these would qualify for "sank into the sea" more? :)
It's definitely one possible intepretation for an Atlantean myth.

Post by Age »

Atla wrote: Sat Aug 24, 2019 7:42 am
Why should every interesting topic on this forum be derailed into an endless attempt to translate every word into an autistic format that you can roughly understand?
I did not realize that I had derailed EVERY "interesting topic" on this forum.

Why I ask for clarification is because as far as I am aware more human beings say that the so called "first age" of 'humanity' was well before your assumed predication of roughly about 12,000 years ago. I am just wondering who is right, 'them' or 'you'? You could not or did not clarify, therefore some might be thinking that it is 'you' that does not know what you are talking about, and not 'them'.

Atla wrote: Sat Aug 24, 2019 7:42 amNot only does that ruin the ongoing discussion, but in the end you just come back with your delusions about certain knowledge anyway.
Do I?

What supposed "deluded certain knowledge" have I come back with?
Atla wrote: Sat Aug 24, 2019 7:42 amCan't you learn to communicate somewhere else,
Why? Are you not able to go somewhere else?

Anyway, it does not matter where I go I am continually told that I am wrong. But sadly those who say that are never actually able to explain WHY. I then ask them to clarify WHY but they unfortunately are unable to. I explain to them that the very simple reason WHY you just think or believe that I am wrong and you are right is because we are using different definitions for the words we use. But this understanding rarely 'gets in' and so does not get fully understood.

If the people in a philosophy forum, who some have supposedly studied how to formulate arguments, can not explain WHY what I say is wrong, then where else would you suggest I go?
Atla wrote: Sat Aug 24, 2019 7:42 amso that you will finally understand why you're wrong, and why you're making insane assumptions all the time?
Where could I go that I will finally understand why I am wrong, and, finally understand why I am making insane assumptions ALL the time?

Why do you not just explain WHY why I am wrong?

Why do you not just explain WHY I am making insane assumptions ALL the time?

In fact WHY do you not just list any number of these supposedly, ALL the time, made insane assumptions so that we can take a LOOK AT them, discuss, and then SEE just how insane they really ARE. That way we will also be able to SEE if they actually even 'assumptions' to begin with.

Are you aware that some might be SEEING that assuming that the "first age" (or 'In the beginning, of) 'humanity' was only about 12,000 years ago is insane, itself. Besides that, the fact that that could be said to be roughly about the same time the bible states it all began as well, which may lead some to wonder where your thinking actually comes from?

By the way you do not have to let my clarifying questions made to you ruin your discussion with "others" on this most "interesting", to you, of topics.
Eodnhoj7

Post by Eodnhoj7 »

Age wrote: Sun Aug 25, 2019 1:53 am

Why I ask for clarification is because as far as I am aware more human beings say that the so called "first age" of 'humanity' was well before your assumed predication of roughly about 12,000 years ago. I am just wondering who is right, 'them' or 'you'? You could not or did not clarify, therefore some might be thinking that it is 'you' that does not know what you are talking about, and not 'them'.

Atla wrote: Sat Aug 24, 2019 7:42 amNot only does that ruin the ongoing discussion, but in the end you just come back with your delusions about certain knowledge anyway.
Do I?

Atla wrote: Sat Aug 24, 2019 7:42 amCan't you learn to communicate somewhere else,

Anyway, it does not matter where I go I am continually told that I am wrong. But sadly those who say that are never actually able to explain WHY. I then ask them to clarify WHY but they unfortunately are unable to. I explain to them that the very simple reason WHY you just think or believe that I am wrong and you are right is because we are using different definitions for the words we use. But this understanding rarely 'gets in' and so does not get fully understood.

If the people in a philosophy forum, who some have supposedly studied how to formulate arguments, can not explain WHY what I say is wrong, then where else would you suggest I go?
Atla wrote: Sat Aug 24, 2019 7:42 amso that you will finally understand why you're wrong, and why you're making insane assumptions all the time?
Where could I go that I will finally understand why I am wrong, and, finally understand why I am making insane assumptions ALL the time?

In fact WHY do you not just list any number of these supposedly, ALL the time, made insane assumptions so that we can take a LOOK AT them, discuss, and then SEE just how insane they really ARE. That way we will also be able to SEE if they actually even 'assumptions' to begin with.

Are you aware that some might be SEEING that assuming that the "first age" (or 'In the beginning, of) 'humanity' was only about 12,000 years ago is insane, itself. Besides that, the fact that that could be said to be roughly about the same time the bible states it all began as well, which may lead some to wonder where your thinking actually comes from?

By the way you do not have to let my clarifying questions made to you ruin your discussion with "others" on this most "interesting", to you, of topics.
(Sipping coffee)...

Atla...would you like a cup?
Atla

Post by Atla »

Do I?

I already explained it all several times, but you literally don't understand normal human language. You don't even understand simple everyday utterances.
That's probably because you have such a severe autism that you are completely, or almost completely incapable of processing context/meaning associated with words, concepts.
Eodnhoj7

Post by Eodnhoj7 »

Atla wrote: Sun Aug 25, 2019 5:24 am

Do I?

I already explained it all several times, but you literally don't understand normal human language. You don't even understand simple everyday utterances.
That's probably because you have such a severe autism that you are completely, or almost completely incapable of processing context/meaning associated with words, concepts.
I sip coffee when he speaks...do you want a cup? (Sipping coffee)

Post by Age »

Do I?

If you say so. But if you believe that you have explained "it" ALL several times ALREADY, then are you able to at least direct me/us to ANY of them?

Let us agree on that 'I' am almost completely incapable of processing context/meaning associated with words, concepts. Now, let us agree that I am not able to process the context/meaning associated with the words "first age" of 'humanity" was 'roughly about 12,000 years ago'.

Then, being as wise, superior, and non-austic as you ARE, then how do you propose you could explain to a severely austic one, as me, how i could process the context/meaning associated with those words in any other way than' The first age of humanity was roughly about 12,000 years ago?

If most other human beings say that the first age of humanity was hundreds of thousands, and if not millions of, years prior, then who is more correct, 'you' or 'them'?

If you can not or will not clarify and clear this up, then this might show is more inept of processing context/meaning? 'you' are the ONE who used those words, therefore, if you KNEW what you are talking about, then 'you' would be able to clear up and clarify what you actually MEAN.

Unless of course you want/expect EVERY one else to just guess and assume what it is that you are saying and meaning?

Post by Age »

Eodnhoj7 wrote: Sun Aug 25, 2019 5:27 am

Do I?

I sip coffee when he speaks...do you want a cup? (Sipping coffee)
Some might say that is because you do not like to look at and hear the Truth of things. Or, that you are incapable of refuting the Truth of things.

Some might also say that showing ignorance towards "others" just shows how ignorant 'you' truly ARE.
Atla

Post by Atla »

Age wrote: Sun Aug 25, 2019 5:43 am Unless of course you want/expect EVERY one else to just guess and assume what it is that you are saying and meaning?
That's what I'm doing, because that's how normal human communication works. Most people need about 10 times less clarification than you, and there is usually enough time for that.