WHY DO YOU THINK WE ARE HERE? WHY DO WE EXIST?

For all things philosophical.

Moderators: AMod, iMod

attofishpi

Re: WHY DO YOU THINK WE ARE HERE? WHY DO WE EXIST?

Post by attofishpi »

Age wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2019 1:51 am
roydop wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2019 12:25 am "Really? I must have ditched school that day, please explain."

This is not taught in school. It's too difficult for most everyone to accept that this realm is not fundamental reality (as proven by Q.M.).

The core tenets of all major religions:

1. Say there is a higher dimensional reality/state.

2. This higher state is perfect (no suffering).

3. Given the correct manner of living, this realm/state is attainable. (Christianity: Heaven. Buddhism:Enlightenment. Hinduism: Moksha

After an intensive 20 year intensive investigation and practice into mind, self, and suffering, I see that the core tenets of Hinduism to be most accurate.

That is:

A: The relationship of Brahman - Ataman
B: The cycle of samsara
c: Maya

This relationship is also expressed as 0-1, "I and the Father are one"- Jesus, The Tao - Taoism, "dependent arising" - Buddhism

So basically Maya is the force that allows the (video) game (this experience) to appear real while awareness is focused upon it. The more interesting the game, the more the illusion appears realm. It has produced the most difficult thing to do that is still possible to do. Hence only a handfull of liberated beings in all of humanity's history.
I do NOT see HOW what 'you' see as to being the "most accurate", out of a very few selections, is actually THEE ANSWER to the questions; WHY are we here? nor to, WHY do we exist?

Are you at all able to elaborate any further on the WHAT 'the answer' IS to:
Why are we here?
Why do we exist?
Wow, that was pretty much what I was going to ask. Over to you roydop - WHY?
Belinda

Post by Belinda »

Why do you both ask Roydop? From what Roydop wrote it's obvious that the description Roydop gave implicates separable body and soul. Soul is characterised by its dynamism. So the 'why?' refers to the motivation of each individual atman. It's unclear to me whether Brahman is the sum of all the atmans or whether Brahman is like Indra's net of which atmans are the interstices. I rather like the latter, Indra's net. Indra's net is deterministic and so accords with science and with chaos theory.

The 'why?' rests with each individual atman. I presume that an old and experienced soul will be able to be passive regarding striving of atman. I had a Protestant childhood and I cannot really approve of passivity .
roydop

Post by roydop »

The point of the game is to escape from the game.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sa%E1%B9%83s%C4%81ra

This goes with my theory that the information has been available all this time. However, if someone does't "get it" they will elaborate on the primary model/information to try to get it to adhere to their experience/level. Then that mutation is adopted as being part of the same message/set of information. But it does't. The information/message is twisted and lost, as all of the new and incorrect theories are added on in error.

People discount the wisdom of religions because 99.999% of the information contained in modern versions of the major religions is in error. The correct interpretation will lead to the correct practice/perspective and then to the realization of one's Enlightenment. The incorrect interpretation and the subsequent incorrect practices, or lack of any practice, leads to more samsara.
attofishpi

Post by attofishpi »

Belinda wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2019 1:10 pm Why do you both ask Roydop? From what Roydop wrote it's obvious that the description Roydop gave implicates separable body and soul. Soul is characterised by its dynamism. So the 'why?' refers to the motivation of each individual atman.
Oh. WHY? - note the WE in the thread title.
Belinda wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2019 1:10 pmIt's unclear to me whether Brahman is the sum of all the atmans or whether Brahman is like Indra's net of which atmans are the interstices. I rather like the latter, Indra's net. Indra's net is deterministic and so accords with science and with chaos theory.
I have 22 years on comprehension of this 'God' entity - call it Brahman if you want with almost daily contact from IT or a sage. I have had two days of reckoning (split by 11 years) where this 'Brahman' forced me to reckon with its chaos.
Am I enlightened? - NO its actually really fucking HEAVY.
Belinda wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2019 1:10 pmThe 'why?' rests with each individual atman. I presume that an old and experienced soul will be able to be passive regarding striving of atman.
The WHY still has not been answered - you are misunderstanding the question of the thread:- WHY DO YOU THINK WE ARE HERE? WHY DO WE EXIST?

It's a pronoun, it is not asking WHY AM I HERE?

Collectively - WHY ARE WE HERE?
attofishpi

Post by attofishpi »

roydop wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2019 2:07 pm The point of the game is to escape from the game.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sa%E1%B9%83s%C4%81ra

This goes with my theory that the information has been available all this time. However, if someone does't "get it" they will elaborate on the primary model/information to try to get it to adhere to their experience/level. Then that mutation is adopted as being part of the same message/set of information. But it does't. The information/message is twisted and lost, as all of the new and incorrect theories are added on in error.

People discount the wisdom of religions because 99.999% of the information contained in modern versions of the major religions is in error. The correct interpretation will lead to the correct practice/perspective and then to the realization of one's Enlightenment. The incorrect interpretation and the subsequent incorrect practices, or lack of any practice, leads to more samsara.
..and how do you 'practice'?
gaffo

Post by gaffo »

roydop wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2019 11:58 am
gaffo wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2019 4:56 am thread's question is biased in assuming a reason to exist:

WHY DO YOU THINK WE ARE HERE? WHY DO WE EXIST?

why the bias? assumption there is reason for life?
If there were no reason at all we would not be having this conversation. Any "why" question is proof and expression of reason.
We are here due to biology (evolution - fight/flight - and fear of death (inborn in DNA - all due to evolution).

it is inborn to assume there is a "reason for life", but IMO - counter to my DNA - per empirism of not seeing any Gods - counter my evolutionary programing and assume you assumtion for a reason of life is a biased one.

maybe there is and maybe their ain't. i fall into the latter being an Athiest.

you the former? fine,

but your claim "If there were no reason at all we would not be having this conversation is bugus. it assumes a reason higher than evolutionary biology. an assumption i do not agree with.

man is an animal, born of evolution - the mandate of which is survival, not Truth nor anything about the meaning of life - all evolution is about is staying alive - period.
gaffo

Post by gaffo »

maybe Nemoy was right when as a Pod person said "the function (meaning) of life is survival"............and sadly also sad "there is no need for love nor hate anymore"

maybe the alien was right about the meaning of life - survival, nothing more. and so when you die you are "off the books" and without meaning to the big (not so big IMO) picture. you are dead and so gone.
attofishpi

Post by attofishpi »

gaffo wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2019 1:46 am maybe Nemoy was right when as a Pod person said "the function (meaning) of life is survival"............and sadly also sad "there is no need for love nor hate anymore"

maybe the alien was right about the meaning of life - survival, nothing more. and so when you die you are "off the books" and without meaning to the big (not so big IMO) picture. you are dead and so gone.
Sure, one only needs to watch a doco perhaps from Attenborough to see 'Gods' 'love' at work where animals are starving and killing each other for survival....but apparently there is TRUE ENLIGHTENMENT!

Wot a joke.
roydop

Post by roydop »

...but apparently there is TRUE ENLIGHTENMENT!

Wot a joke.
My life is filled with peace, contentment, bliss. I have no stress, worries, and any negative emotions that arise last for only a few seconds.

My life has turned out this way because of my 2 decade long practice of Abiding in/as thought free Awareness .

Sit in a chair and don't do anything and don't think about anything for an hour. The difference between your experience of this and an Enlightened being's, is that you will experience restlessness, boredom, and anything but peace and contentment, whereas a Liberated being will experience no thoughts and pure bliss.

Actually do it. Best not look at this as a joke; this is showing you something very important.
attofishpi

Post by attofishpi »

roydop wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2019 1:58 pm
...but apparently there is TRUE ENLIGHTENMENT!

Wot a joke.
My life is filled with peace, contentment, bliss. I have no stress, worries, and any negative emotions that arise last for only a few seconds.

My life has turned out this way because of my 2 decade long practice of Abiding in/as thought free Awareness .

Sit in a chair and don't do anything and don't think about anything for an hour. The difference between your experience of this and an Enlightened being's, is that you will experience restlessness, boredom, and anything but peace and contentment, whereas a Liberated being will experience no thoughts and pure bliss.

Actually do it. Best not look at this as a joke; this is showing you something very important.
So that is how you practice? ...as I questioned prior and below..

And how do animals practice their atman? ..as I stated where faced with starvation and tearing each other apart?
roydop wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2019 2:07 pmThis goes with my theory that the information has been available all this time. However, if someone does't "get it" they will elaborate on the primary model/information to try to get it to adhere to their experience/level. Then that mutation is adopted as being part of the same message/set of information. But it does't. The information/message is twisted and lost, as all of the new and incorrect theories are added on in error.

..and how do you 'practice'?

OK. Answered - sit in a chair for an hour and think of fuckall. Wow.

I am more content than I have ever been since following the 'advice' of my sage - but fuck me if I still don't think SPIRITUAL ENLIGHTENMENT is a pile of bollocks.

Do you understand that I am stating I have had 22 years of experience of 'Brahman' - it showed me its chaos, it fucked with my life for much of the 22 years - and you think that YOU have some enlightenment you can teach me?

Its real fucking heavy when you know a little of the truth to it all...and sitting in a chair for an hour quietly still is not answering WHY we are all here - so you are still not answering shit with regards to this thread.

pa. you're hitting a nerve :D
Belinda

Post by Belinda »

Attofishpi wrote:

The question does not make sense posed to a collective we. You cannot expect a species to answer , neither the biosphere.

Enlightenment refers to light as in optics not light as in weight.

Religious narratives are arts to help you make sense of your surroundings. When you, a man or a deer, are being eaten by a lion you have no time or opportunity to tell yourself helpful stories. The deer has not the symbol -maker's ability to do so in any case.

I said only that I enjoy the narrative about Indra's net; it helps me to make sense of troubles. I never said any religious narrative makes life easy. Meditation is more like a medical therapy than a religious narrative. It actually works as follows: one remains in pain and so on but the pain does not matter so much.

I recommend that you were instructed wrong if you were instructed to think of nothing.The one and only time that I was aware of meditation working for me was spontaneous when I was passively thinking deeply about a lawn of grass. I.E. what the grass was doing not what i was going to do to the grass. I was not even thinking about meditation .
attofishpi

Post by attofishpi »

Belinda wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2019 3:27 pm Attofishpi wrote:

The question does not make sense posed to a collective we. You cannot expect a species to answer , neither the biosphere.

Enlightenment refers to light as in optics not light as in weight.
Are you sure? If that's all it is, light, I am pretty certain even trees are 'enlightened'.

LIGHT=NO MASS=NO WEIGHT=NO WAIT=NO TIME
roydop

Post by roydop »

Do you understand that I am stating I have had 22 years of experience of 'Brahman' - it showed me its chaos, it fucked with my life for much of the 22 years - and you think that YOU have some enlightenment you can teach me?
That wasn't Brahman, that was your ego. It was your mind that fucked with your life, nothing else. Now you can hit this thing head on and sit in that chair until you find peace of mind or continue on.

It's not complicated. And if it starts becoming complicated it's because mind/ego is pulling you back into delusion again.
attofishpi

Post by attofishpi »

roydop wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2019 5:46 pm
That wasn't Brahman, that was your ego. It was your mind that fucked with your life, nothing else. Now you can hit this thing head on and sit in that chair until you find peace of mind or continue on.

It's not complicated. And if it starts becoming complicated it's because mind/ego is pulling you back into delusion again.
Oh I love it when someone that considers themselves 'enlightened' thinks they understand more than me...and especially more than me about me.

Did you miss the bit where I stated I am content since my sage advice?
roydop

Post by roydop »

If you can sit in a chair indefinitely without doing or thinking anything, then you can say you are content in and of yourself.