WHY DO YOU THINK WE ARE HERE? WHY DO WE EXIST?

For all things philosophical.

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Davyboi

Re: WHY DO YOU THINK WE ARE HERE? WHY DO WE EXIST?

Post by Davyboi »

TimeSeeker wrote: Wed Nov 14, 2018 10:08 pm Why are we here? Because mommy and daddy love each other and <censored content>. 9 months later we arrive.
Funny man are yer? Listen lad, don't be trying to make me feel like a gobshite! Because I'm asking a question!
TimeSeeker

Post by TimeSeeker »

Davyboi wrote: Wed Nov 14, 2018 10:23 pm
TimeSeeker wrote: Wed Nov 14, 2018 10:08 pm Why are we here? Because mommy and daddy love each other and <censored content>. 9 months later we arrive.
Funny man are yer? Listen lad, don't be trying to make me feel like a gobshite! Because I'm asking a question!
It's the most honest answer I can give you. Everything else is probably a waste of your precious time ;)
Atla

Post by Atla »

Davyboi wrote: Tue Nov 13, 2018 1:12 am Please share your views, ideas people! I would be interested to know what people think? Thank you!
I know this is a basic question! But why our we here, most people go through there lives not questioning the reason why? People like us have ideas, views an urge to understand what this is all about? Do you think we are ever going to find the answer?
Maybe, maybe not. Everyone has their quirk. For example I think in 7 "dimensions" (the 4 spacetime dimensions, 2 multiversal "dimensions" and an existence/nonexistence nonduality "dimension"), and here some possible answers about why we are here, naturally present themselves.
Veritas Aequitas

Post by Veritas Aequitas »

Davyboi wrote: Wed Nov 14, 2018 10:13 pm Thank you for your reply, isn't Maslow more psychology? The way we act, respond to things?
Other than autonomic impulses, every other aspects of life including the 'meaning of life' is reducible to psychology. How else if life and its meaning does not involve the brain/mind, to think, respond, act, etc.

When a person strives at all time in alignment to the top of the MHN hierarchy optimally one is in alignment with the non-teleological 'purpose' or 'meaning' of life.
Eodnhoj7

Post by Eodnhoj7 »

Davyboi wrote: Tue Nov 13, 2018 12:50 am I know this is a basic question! But why our we here, most people go through there lives not questioning the reason why? People like us have ideas, views an urge to understand what this is all about? Do you think we are ever going to find the answer?
Is why really the rational choice given who, what, when, where, How? Should the question just be "existence?"
Eodnhoj7

Post by Eodnhoj7 »

Phalic and yoni (vagina) worship is prevalent in many cultures and sets the qualitiative foundation for binary code.
Dalek Prime

Re: I don't know 'bout the rest of you, but...

Post by Dalek Prime »

henry quirk wrote: Tue Nov 13, 2018 1:54 am ...me: I'm here to chew bubblegum and kick ass.
Me too, henry. As they said in 'Guardians of the Galaxy', I'm here to kick names and take ass lol.
Dalek Prime

Post by Dalek Prime »

Eodnhoj7 wrote: Thu Nov 15, 2018 5:50 am
Phalic and yoni (vagina) worship is prevalent in many cultures and sets the qualitiative foundation for binary code.
I've worshipped yoni before. Consider myself a high priest of vajayjay worship, actually. Very devout.
henry quirk

"I'm here to kick names and take ass"

Post by henry quirk »

HA!
-1-

Post by -1- »

Davyboi wrote: Tue Nov 13, 2018 12:59 am There is no reason why not.. just feel like sometimes when I read the different topics, everyone has got a valid point. Just wondering why do some of us search for answers and others don't? I am new to this, and some of the stuff I read, I am just getting to understand. Yet we all share same goal! ANSWERS!
Some search for an answer to "why are we here", and some don't.

I don't.

I don't because I know it's an unanswerable question... it is a meaningless question. There are some things and events that don't presuppose the question "why".

Others may answer you with an infinite regress... "Why am I here?" and they answer you with an answer to which you can always ask "why [the answer]?" to which they answer you with another answer, and so forth, ad infinitum.

Basically, most people know that for some things to happen, there must be a CAUSE that makes it happen, but there does not necessarily be a REASON why things happen. People who believe there must be a reason, ask "why", and that is a question they will never get an answer to.

What's the difference between a cause and a reason? A cause is like a ball that bumps into another ball and makes it move. A reason may be likened to the one ball bumping into the other because eventually it wants to reach Nirvana, and it thinks that the first step to the route to Nirvana is to bump into another ball.
Greta

Post by Greta »

A few guesses.

Practically speaking: growth and development.

Universally: as part of the processes that release entropy and move reality back towards equilibrium

Planetary: to create the means by which the Earth can spread its "seeds"

Spiritually: the drive to be, to exist?
Dubious

Post by Dubious »

Why do we exist?

For the same reason why we're here; organic chemistry...which also includes everything else that's alive.
Davyboi

Post by Davyboi »

Eodnhoj7 wrote: Thu Nov 15, 2018 5:46 am
Davyboi wrote: Tue Nov 13, 2018 12:50 am I know this is a basic question! But why our we here, most people go through there lives not questioning the reason why? People like us have ideas, views an urge to understand what this is all about? Do you think we are ever going to find the answer?
Is why really the rational choice given who, what, when, where, How? Should the question just be "existence?"
I totally agree, "should the question just be "existence" but obviously it's not otherwise we all wouldn't be on this forum expressing philosophical ideas about the reason the world exists, our interactions with it etc. To just exist is to just be in the present moment, except what has happened, what is happening, what may happen!
Davyboi

Post by Davyboi »

-1- wrote: Thu Nov 15, 2018 6:04 pm
Davyboi wrote: Tue Nov 13, 2018 12:59 am There is no reason why not.. just feel like sometimes when I read the different topics, everyone has got a valid point. Just wondering why do some of us search for answers and others don't? I am new to this, and some of the stuff I read, I am just getting to understand. Yet we all share same goal! ANSWERS!
Some search for an answer to "why are we here", and some don't.

I don't.

I don't because I know it's an unanswerable question... it is a meaningless question. There are some things and events that don't presuppose the question "why".

Others may answer you with an infinite regress... "Why am I here?" and they answer you with an answer to which you can always ask "why [the answer]?" to which they answer you with another answer, and so forth, ad infinitum.

Basically, most people know that for some things to happen, there must be a CAUSE that makes it happen, but there does not necessarily be a REASON why things happen. People who believe there must be a reason, ask "why", and that is a question they will never get an answer to.

What's the difference between a cause and a reason? A cause is like a ball that bumps into another ball and makes it move. A reason may be likened to the one ball bumping into the other because eventually it wants to reach Nirvana, and it thinks that the first step to the route to Nirvana is to bump into another ball.
It is an unaswerable question, yet I still feel the urge to find out why? Why is that?
Davyboi

Post by Davyboi »

Dubious wrote: Thu Nov 15, 2018 10:51 pm Why do we exist?

For the same reason why we're here; organic chemistry...which also includes everything else that's alive.
If it was just organic chemistry, then how does quantum mechanics come into it? Two dimensions different from each other? Matter organic..and no matter. Yet both exist as one!