Humanity is Trending Towards Stupidity??

For all things philosophical.

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Veritas Aequitas

Humanity is Trending Towards Stupidity??

Post by Veritas Aequitas »

I note Humanity [the majority] is Trending Towards Stupidity and are deliberately blinded and ignoring rational and critical thinking in the following cases.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stupidity

The examples are the very prevalent claims;
  • 1. The accusation of those who really fear [not irrational fearing] the real threat from Islam which is inherent evil as Islamophobes suffering from Islamophobia.

2. The accusation of those who critique Islam and its threat of evil as racists when Islam and Muslims has nothing to do with race.

3. Keep claiming Islam is a Religion of Peace when it truly is not.

4. Accusing those who rationally critique Islam and its evil threats as hate preachers when the Quran itself is a book of much hatred against non-believers. Note laws against hate speeches are enacted everywhere and the monopoly social media like Facebook, Youtube, etc. are instituting their own censoring.

5. Other stupid views ...
Agree/Disagree?

ps. btw, I am referring to the overall intelligence and critical thinking of humanity but only to the above specific streak where religions are involved.
Impenitent

Re: Humanity is Trending Towards Stupidity??

Post by Impenitent »

enlightenment only lasts so long...

-Imp
Veritas Aequitas

Post by Veritas Aequitas »

Impenitent wrote: Sun Sep 02, 2018 11:13 pm enlightenment only lasts so long...

-Imp
True, but that applies only to a specific type of period related 'enlightenment' but not enlightenment in general.

The fact is there is current trend of an exponential expansion of knowledge and technology and this is enlightening the average person.
The point with enlightening of knowledge its is the other 'blade' beside good which is its potential to greater evil.

Now we have this bunch of very stupid people who has much power and they will be hindering exposure to the potential greater of evil. Example the aggressive drive of this bunch of stupid people to suppress of the freedom of speech to expose evil acts and its evil potential.

The stupidity of this regressive people must be critiqued strongly.
Impenitent

Post by Impenitent »

computer generated "facts" is not knowledge

-Imp
Impenitent

Post by Impenitent »

Veritas Aequitas wrote: Mon Sep 03, 2018 3:55 am
Impenitent wrote: Sun Sep 02, 2018 11:13 pm enlightenment only lasts so long...

-Imp
True, but that applies only to a specific type of period related 'enlightenment' but not enlightenment in general.

The fact is there is current trend of an exponential expansion of knowledge and technology and this is enlightening the average person.
The point with enlightening of knowledge its is the other 'blade' beside good which is its potential to greater evil.

Now we have this bunch of very stupid people who has much power and they will be hindering exposure to the potential greater of evil. Example the aggressive drive of this bunch of stupid people to suppress of the freedom of speech to expose evil acts and its evil potential.

The stupidity of this regressive people must be critiqued strongly.
p.s. google, facebook, twitter regularly ban and erase "conservative" content

-Imp
Alchemyst

Post by Alchemyst »

Humanity is trending towards asking questions in the form of statements :?
-1-

Post by -1- »

In the foregoing discussion in this thread, I noticed about 27 grammar mistakes (rough estimate) over half of which were disagreements between nouns and verbs.

When we talk about stupid people, are we or aren't we required to pretend we are also stupid?
Last edited by -1- on Tue Sep 04, 2018 11:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
-1-

Post by -1- »

Alchemyst wrote: Tue Sep 04, 2018 9:54 am Humanity is trending towards asking questions in the form of statements :?
And aren't we also making statements in the form of asking questions?

This is the same mechanism in the changing human mind that compels people in droves to change their sexes.
Eodnhoj7

Post by Eodnhoj7 »

And what is stupidity considering intelligence is only observed relative to stupidity and vice versa.

If A is smarter than B but dumber than C,
A>B but A<C

And B is smarter than C but dumber than A,
B>C but A>B

And C is smarter than A but is dumber than b,
A<C but B>C

What we observe with stupidity is that it is maintained through intelligence and intelligence is maintain through stupidity with both being knowledge regardless of there relative grade and depth when limited to a specific set of relationships where one is always greater than (projected way from) another.
philosopher

Post by philosopher »

*deleted*
Last edited by philosopher on Tue Sep 04, 2018 9:48 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Dubious

Post by Dubious »

philosopher wrote: Tue Sep 04, 2018 7:27 pm Humanity do no longer value careful studies, the attention to details and the careful observations of the universe as they did back then.
The highlighted part is what you should have left out.
vegetariantaxidermy

Post by vegetariantaxidermy »

You see to be obsessed with islam. 99 percent of the human race are idiots. Why just pick on muslims?
-1-

Post by -1- »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Tue Sep 04, 2018 10:11 pm You see to be obsessed with islam. 99 percent of the human race are idiots. Why just pick on muslims?
Are you talking about Veritas? You'd better make your references clearer, this is hard to identify who you are lambasting... I say you are lambasting Veritas, but I can't be sure

Focussed hatred... paranoia... involuntary singling out a group to be object of hatred... scapegoating... I don't know if this leads to a formal diagnosis of mental disease, or just simply being Hitler-like.
vegetariantaxidermy

Post by vegetariantaxidermy »

-1- wrote: Tue Sep 04, 2018 10:23 pm
vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Tue Sep 04, 2018 10:11 pm You see to be obsessed with islam. 99 percent of the human race are idiots. Why just pick on muslims?
Are you talking about Veritas? You'd better make your references clearer, this is hard to identify who you are lambasting... I say you are lambasting Veritas, but I can't be sure

Focussed hatred... paranoia... involuntary singling out a group to be object of hatred... scapegoating... I don't know if this leads to a formal diagnosis of mental disease, or just simply being Hitler-like.
If I was addressing someone else then I would have used the quote function. I was replying to the OP (hence the 'post reply' thingy).
-1-

Post by -1- »

get you.

Yeah, Veritas is getting more and more bent on his crusade to eradicate Islam. I have to agree their faith is repulsive, but we are more repulsive to them (to quote you, Veg). What I object to is that Veritas keeps misinterpreting the Koran and keeps misinterpreting it BADLY. He or she is not rational when he or she criticizes the Koran. There are enough bad things about the Islam that one could criticize (about the same amount as about Christianity), so why drum up drummed-up accusations? that's just stupid.

I used the post reply thingy... yet did I reply to you or to the OP? If it's not clear from the text, then it could be a reply to anyone who had previously posted on the thread.