Humanity is Trending Towards Stupidity??

For all things philosophical.

Moderators: AMod, iMod

vegetariantaxidermy

Re: Humanity is Trending Towards Stupidity??

Post by vegetariantaxidermy »

-1- wrote: Tue Sep 04, 2018 10:36 pm get you.

Yeah, Veritas is getting more and more bent on his crusade to eradicate Islam. I have to agree their faith is repulsive, but we are more repulsive to them (to quote you, Veg). What I object to is that Veritas keeps misinterpreting the Koran and keeps misinterpreting it BADLY. He or she is not rational when he or she criticizes the Koran. There are enough bad things about the Islam that one could criticize (about the same amount as about Christianity), so why drum up drummed-up accusations? that's just stupid.

I used the post reply thingy... yet did I reply to you or to the OP? If it's not clear from the text, then it could be a reply to anyone who had previously posted on the thread.
Occasionally, depending on the context, I will reply without the 'quote' directly after the person I'm replying to. Sometimes it means that I have so much contempt for the person I'm responding to that I can't stand to 'quote' them :D
-1-

Post by -1- »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Tue Sep 04, 2018 10:48 pm
-1- wrote: Tue Sep 04, 2018 10:36 pm get you.

Yeah, Veritas is getting more and more bent on his crusade to eradicate Islam. I have to agree their faith is repulsive, but we are more repulsive to them (to quote you, Veg). What I object to is that Veritas keeps misinterpreting the Koran and keeps misinterpreting it BADLY. He or she is not rational when he or she criticizes the Koran. There are enough bad things about the Islam that one could criticize (about the same amount as about Christianity), so why drum up drummed-up accusations? that's just stupid.

I used the post reply thingy... yet did I reply to you or to the OP? If it's not clear from the text, then it could be a reply to anyone who had previously posted on the thread.
Occasionally, depending on the context, I will reply without the 'quote' directly after the person I'm replying to. Sometimes it means that I have so much contempt for the person I'm responding to that I can't stand to 'quote' them :D
You have past contempts as well, or just contemptorary contempt?
Dalek Prime

Post by Dalek Prime »

Well, the saying that 'doing the same thing, expecting different results' is the definition of insanity. Yet that's what we've been doing since time immemorial, for every new generation we perpetuate.
Judaka

Post by Judaka »

I think it is simply the case that you never realised how stupid humans are and confuse your own realisation with an actual trend.
Dalek Prime

Post by Dalek Prime »

Judaka wrote: Mon Sep 10, 2018 1:37 am I think it is simply the case that you never realised how stupid humans are and confuse your own realisation with an actual trend.
Very true. Well spoke.
SpheresOfBalance

Post by SpheresOfBalance »

Veritas Aequitas wrote: Fri Aug 31, 2018 7:24 am I note Humanity [the majority] is Trending Towards Stupidity and are deliberately blinded and ignoring rational and critical thinking in the following cases.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stupidity

The examples are the very prevalent claims;
  • 1. The accusation of those who really fear [not irrational fearing] the real threat from Islam which is inherent evil as Islamophobes suffering from Islamophobia.

2. The accusation of those who critique Islam and its threat of evil as racists when Islam and Muslims has nothing to do with race.

3. Keep claiming Islam is a Religion of Peace when it truly is not.

4. Accusing those who rationally critique Islam and its evil threats as hate preachers when the Quran itself is a book of much hatred against non-believers. Note laws against hate speeches are enacted everywhere and the monopoly social media like Facebook, Youtube, etc. are instituting their own censoring.

5. Other stupid views ...
Agree/Disagree?

ps. btw, I am referring to the overall intelligence and critical thinking of humanity but only to the above specific streak where religions are involved.
The truth of the matter is, whether you like it or not, today, what people do in one culture affects things in another. The things that, so called, modern cultures do in one geographic location, unfortunately often can affect others. And the perspective of what is tolerable/intolerable differs with each culture. And no one has the right to say which is right and which is wrong. The universe didn't come with a single users guide, written by the universe, that only one culture has to reference. So it's no wonder that some cultures disagree and get pissed at the ones causing all the commotion that screws with their backyards. Unfortunately today, the most powerful culture runs the global show whether others like it or not. And as we all know, power corrupts and absolute power corrupts absolutely.

So where does the absolute truth of the matter actually lie?
Kie1987

Post by Kie1987 »

It seems freedom of speech is slowly being diminished from public use and our nations are slowly falling into dictatorship where we are told what to wear what to eat what think and what to feel... oh hang on we are already there... it’s not just Islam let’s have A look at the extremists hiding under the rug. Becoming a much bigger threat to our nations then Islam could ever be.. There it is Israel you can not even mention the shut storm that comes down on any nation or even “party” that utters a bad word about what Israel is up to today. Automatically brand anyone an anti Semitic who speak 1 bad word about them. Well why would we.. hmmm maybe because they are slaughtering palastinians in broad day light taking land that wasn’t theirs and killing thousands in the process oh and if that dosnt rub your nose in it, they have just announced a new law in their country that all non Jewish Israeli people are to be treated less then all Jewish Israeli people. What the fuck is that? Let’s not forget Donald trump who has declared numarus times he is pro Israel and also announced America will recognise Jerusalem as belonging to the Israeli people when it was taken from the Palestinians. No it is not ISIS we need to fear the proof lies in the fact here we have ISIS the most feared extremist group who are killing westerners purely based upon our belief system when right next door to them is Israel a fully Jewish country and yet how many ISIS attacks there then?? Ye none... hey wouldn’t it be crazy if Israel had created and funded ISIS
Veritas Aequitas

Post by Veritas Aequitas »

SpheresOfBalance wrote: Wed Sep 12, 2018 3:53 pm
Veritas Aequitas wrote: Fri Aug 31, 2018 7:24 am I note Humanity [the majority] is Trending Towards Stupidity and are deliberately blinded and ignoring rational and critical thinking in the following cases.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stupidity

The examples are the very prevalent claims;
  • 1. The accusation of those who really fear [not irrational fearing] the real threat from Islam which is inherent evil as Islamophobes suffering from Islamophobia.

2. The accusation of those who critique Islam and its threat of evil as racists when Islam and Muslims has nothing to do with race.

3. Keep claiming Islam is a Religion of Peace when it truly is not.

4. Accusing those who rationally critique Islam and its evil threats as hate preachers when the Quran itself is a book of much hatred against non-believers. Note laws against hate speeches are enacted everywhere and the monopoly social media like Facebook, Youtube, etc. are instituting their own censoring.

5. Other stupid views ...
Agree/Disagree?

ps. btw, I am referring to the overall intelligence and critical thinking of humanity but only to the above specific streak where religions are involved.
The truth of the matter is, whether you like it or not, today, what people do in one culture affects things in another. The things that, so called, modern cultures do in one geographic location, unfortunately often can affect others. And the perspective of what is tolerable/intolerable differs with each culture. And no one has the right to say which is right and which is wrong. The universe didn't come with a single users guide, written by the universe, that only one culture has to reference. So it's no wonder that some cultures disagree and get pissed at the ones causing all the commotion that screws with their backyards. Unfortunately today, the most powerful culture runs the global show whether others like it or not. And as we all know, power corrupts and absolute power corrupts absolutely.

So where does the absolute truth of the matter actually lie?
There is no absolute truth.

What is most important is there should not be a suppression of critical thinking and the ability to criticize freely.

Accusing those who critique Islam with rationality and justifications as Islamophobes and racists is not critical thinking.
There is Antifa suppressing discussion in various places with violence.
Then there is Youtube, Twitter, Facebook doing their own arbitrary censorship. I have personal experience with Facebook. All my posts that has any quotation directly from the Quran is automatically deleted.
Veritas Aequitas

Post by Veritas Aequitas »

Kie1987 wrote: Wed Sep 12, 2018 6:58 pm It seems freedom of speech is slowly being diminished from public use and our nations are slowly falling into dictatorship where we are told what to wear what to eat what think and what to feel... oh hang on we are already there... it’s not just Islam let’s have A look at the extremists hiding under the rug. Becoming a much bigger threat to our nations then Islam could ever be.. There it is Israel you can not even mention the shut storm that comes down on any nation or even “party” that utters a bad word about what Israel is up to today. Automatically brand anyone an anti Semitic who speak 1 bad word about them. Well why would we.. hmmm maybe because they are slaughtering palastinians in broad day light taking land that wasn’t theirs and killing thousands in the process oh and if that dosnt rub your nose in it, they have just announced a new law in their country that all non Jewish Israeli people are to be treated less then all Jewish Israeli people. What the fuck is that? Let’s not forget Donald trump who has declared numarus times he is pro Israel and also announced America will recognise Jerusalem as belonging to the Israeli people when it was taken from the Palestinians. No it is not ISIS we need to fear the proof lies in the fact here we have ISIS the most feared extremist group who are killing westerners purely based upon our belief system when right next door to them is Israel a fully Jewish country and yet how many ISIS attacks there then?? Ye none... hey wouldn’t it be crazy if Israel had created and funded ISIS
Freedom of speech is definitely under attack.
Note, I don't agree with absolute freedom of speech.

The are two issues in this case, i.e. theological evil and political evil.
To resolve problems both should not conflated but must dealt with specifically.

The Israel and Palestinian problem originated from politics and should be handle via political measures. Israel is a secular country with secular laws. Israel is not fully Jewish but Israelists comprised and include minority of Arab Muslims, other believers and non-theists.

The root cause of ISIS and other Islamic evil and violence is traceable to the religion and ideology of Islam within the Quran. The focus of the problem should be on its ultimate root cause, i.e. the Quran being the core constitution of the ideology of Islam.

In terms of priority, note there are only appx. 10 millions Jews around the world and most do not cling to Judaism and take the evil elements in the OT/Torah seriously. This is why we do not read of evils and violence committed by Jews invoking verses from the OT.

On the other hand, we have 1.5 billion++ of Muslims around the world clinging on to the ideology of Islam within the Quran which is laden with loads of evil elements which inspire SOME* evil prone Muslims to commit terrible evils and violence. [this is glaringly evident].
Note, if only 1% of Muslims are evil prone, there is already 30 million of them, which is more that all the Jews around the World.

Thus the priority must be focused on the evil acts and violence committed by those [SOME] evil prone Muslims who are inspired by evil laden verses in the Quran and the associated texts.
Judaka

Post by Judaka »

Neither Israel or Islam is a threat to the West =/

Leftists only real threat atm.
Kie1987

Post by Kie1987 »

Very true

If these people where awoken they wouldn’t stray into such evil acts.. point being regardless of religion people require a proper education which teaches loyalty and integrity over profit. Unlike the fear induced indoctrin the world media currently uses to educate the masses.
Dalek Prime

Post by Dalek Prime »

What would we do if we didn't have all our faux threats. :/
Atla

Post by Atla »

Kie1987 wrote: Wed Sep 12, 2018 6:58 pmNo it is not ISIS we need to fear the proof lies in the fact here we have ISIS the most feared extremist group who are killing westerners purely based upon our belief system when right next door to them is Israel a fully Jewish country and yet how many ISIS attacks there then?? Ye none... hey wouldn’t it be crazy if Israel had created and funded ISIS
The ISIS was mainly a weapon against Syria, not the Westerners. The ISIS has always been an Israel-US-Saudi Arabia creation (plus some other interest groups in the background I guess). Just as 9/11 was staged by them, and so on. And thanks to them, now Europe is more overrun by muslims than ever.
Kie1987

Post by Kie1987 »

ISIS and Muslims are 2 separate things it would be like saying Catholics are all IRA. No it’s not the religion that is the problem directly. It’s the people who use their religion as a weapon. It’s stupid really because a person who had 100% percent belief and hope in their God would have no need to attack other religious groups.. why would they? You see it points strongly to an insecurity about their own religion that they must destroy others to ensure theirs is the only one. And what “God” needs humans to do the work they could so easily do.
JohnHermes

Post by JohnHermes »

Some humans are some are not. If you're talking about a vast majority, it may be. But exceptions do exist. And one day hopefully in the future those exceptions will turn the tables and be the majority