Page 1 of 2

The words we think as opposed to what we experience

Posted: Tue Aug 14, 2018 1:37 am
by MozartLink
I've struggled with many miserable moments in my life and my emotional experiences were something powerful and profound. This experience has led me to a conclusion that I'm desperate to prove. I've been trying to prove it time after time. But all those attempts have failed since I didn't present and explain it the best way I possibly could. What's more, I just couldn't find a way to explain it at the time. However, I think I finally got it right this time. People deny and dismiss my emotional experiences as being nothing more than "trivial feelings" because humanity has a huge misconception regarding emotions.

They think they're nothing more than biochemical induced states in the brain when, in reality, they are literally the experience of beauty, joy, horror, tragedy, suffering, disgust, etc. in our lives. Humanity also has a huge misconception regarding their intellect because they believe the words they think are what give them beautiful, joyful, or horrible experiences rather than their emotions. This post I make attempts to clear up these misconceptions. Sure, intellect does play a role in our lives and certain words we think can make us feel certain emotions.

But I think it can only be the emotions themselves that give our lives value. Many people might disagree with this view. But I think my personal views are the truth and I don't care how offensive they are; the truth is often times offensive, people don't like to hear it, but I'm going to share and express that truth anyway. I'm tired of my own personal experience being denied and that's why I'm sharing this. Since people are denying my personal experience, then I will return the favor and deny theirs. With that being said, I would like to begin:

Explanation Of My Worldview: Buddhists and other people talk about suffering and how we suffer through our ways of thinking. But the words we believe and think can't be any real form of suffering since words are just concepts or ideas and not the real thing/experience. I'll give you an example. The word "money" isn't the same thing as actual money.

So, believing the words "I'm rich" won't make you rich. Also, believing the words "I'm in physical pain" isn't the same thing as actual physical pain. It's just the idea of physical pain. In order to experience physical pain, then you would have to feel physical pain. Likewise, thinking of the most horrible things in your life and believing that you're suffering isn't the same thing as actual suffering.

How we suffer is through negative emotions such as feelings of misery, agony, or despair. Buddhists and other people also talk about happiness. Again, positive emotions are the only mental states that allow us to be happy and enjoy things. There is no other mental state that can allow us to be happy just as how there is no other mental state that can give us physical pain, hunger, thirst, heat, cold, sounds, or smells.

Also, people claim there is an intellectual form of emotions (that thoughts and emotions can be the same thing). I disagree with this. Intellect is the words we think and words themselves cannot be any real emotion. It doesn't matter how emotional people act through their intellect; I still think people are just acting out on words/intentions and not any real emotions. Therefore, it can only be the primitive, instinctive emotions which are the real emotions.

An example of these emotions would be a feeling of panic from being in a dangerous situation, a feeling of excitement from going to the carnival, or a feeling of sexual arousal. This means, even if you felt positive emotions from doing intellectual activities, that still wouldn't be an intellectual form of emotions. You would still be feeling the primitive, instinctive emotions.

As you can see here, the intellectual area of our brains cannot experience emotions, sounds, smells, colors, hunger, thirst, physical pain, heat, cold, suffering, happiness, or value. Rather, it can only experience ideas/words/thoughts. Another thing here. People also claim they can judge things as good, bad, beautiful, horrible, or disgusting through the words they think (their intellect). We call them intellectual value judgments.

Again, words themselves aren't the real things which means our intellectual value judgments aren't real value judgments. It can only be our emotions which are the real value judgments. Emotional theorists and neuroscientists refer to our emotions as being value judgments since our emotions tell us things such as that our lives are beautiful, we are disgusting, etc.

Even though they are unreliable value judgments since relying on what our emotions tell us will get us in trouble, I still think they're the only real value judgments. This means the only thing that can attribute real value to our lives is our emotions which means there's no more value to life than our emotions.

When you judge something as being horrible or beautiful, that's no different than saying you perceive that thing as being horrible or beautiful. This means the only way we can perceive/judge something as horrible or beautiful would be if we felt a certain emotion from that said thing. Otherwise, you would only be perceiving words and not any real horror or beauty.

In short, our emotions are the only real value judgments and they are the only real perception of value. Perception and experience are the same thing. An example would be, if you are seeing (perceiving) the color red, then you are experiencing the color red and vice versa.

This means the only way we can experience the beauty, greatness, joy, horror, tragedy, and disgust of things in this life would be through our emotions. Positive emotions are the only things that can make our lives good, great, beautiful, and they are the only things that can give us the experience of beauty, greatness, and joy since they are value judgments of good, beauty, joy, and greatness.

Negative emotions are the only things that can make our lives bad, horrible, disgusting, and they are the only things that can give us the experience of horror, tragedy, despair, misery, disturbance, and disgust since they are value judgments of bad, horrible, tragic, morbid, disturbing, disgust, etc.

Having no emotions (apathy) can only render our lives with no horrible or beautiful experience at all. It would be a dull, empty, valueless life since no value would be perceived. Therefore, the goal in life should be to avoid negative emotions as well as apathy and to pursue positive emotions since positive emotions are the only beautiful way to live and be an artist.

There is a worldview out there known as hedonism which advocates this way of life. It is a philosophy which states that positive emotions are the only good things in life. Sadly, positive emotions are very fleeting things and many people struggle with depression.

This means living a life that is beautiful, great, joyful, and worth living doesn't come around too often considering that life has many miserable, unhappy moments. With all of this being said, people are confusing words for the real things. But this post I've made makes a clear distinction between words and the real things since it makes a distinction between the words we think and what we're actually experiencing.

For me, my positive emotions are the positive experience and I have yet to acquire a new positive experience in my life to convince me that there's more beauty, fun, joy, and greatness to life than positive emotions. Lastly, I would like to share a link to the emotional perception theory of value. Those who disagree with it would have to be in denial of their own emotions and, thus, they would also have to be in denial when it comes to their intellect.

If they think emotions aren't real value judgments and that they're not any perception of value, then they could also be in denial when they claim their intellectual value judgments are real value judgments and that their intellect is the real perception of value. One of the people who disagrees with this theory is the person in this link who attempts to prove emotional theorists wrong and I disagree with him/her based upon my own personal experience:

https://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/abs ... 11.00518.x

Different Areas Of The Brain Will Experience Different Things: For example, the visual cortex will experience visuals, the audio cortex will experience sound, another area will experience smells, another will experience hunger, other areas allow us to feel emotions, etc. As I said before, the intellectual area of our brains cannot experience any of those things and it can only experience thoughts and intentions.

Sure, certain thoughts can send signals to any one of those brain regions to allow us to experience those things such as if you felt hungry and thirsty from thinking of your favorite food and beverage. But, as long as that thought doesn't send the signal to those areas of the brain, then you can't experience hunger and thirst via thought.

As a result, you can only have the thought of being hungry and thirsty or the thought of your favorite food and beverage. The same idea applies to the value in our lives whether that value be beauty, joy, horror, disgust, or tragedy. People who struggle with chronic, clinical depression can't feel positive emotions no matter what thoughts they think because their brains aren't working properly.

As a result, those thoughts can't send the signal to the areas of the brain that allows them to feel positive emotions. Thus, they can't experience any beauty, greatness, love, happiness, worth, joy, or anything positive in their lives.

Therefore, they can only have the thought that their lives are beautiful and worth living while the sad reality is that their lives are empty and passing them by. However, if there are moments where they can feel positive emotions, then those are the moments where their lives and any given endeavor (such as the helping of others) can be perceived as beautiful and worth living for.

Emotions Make Things Matter To Us: Let me say another thing here which I think is important. Emotions are a form of motivation and, when you are motivated in regards to something, that's no different than saying something matters to you. This means emotions are states of mind where things matter to us. When something matters to you, that's no different than saying something has value from your perspective.

Positive emotions make things, people, moments, works of art, and situations matter to us in positive ways and negative emotions make things matter to us in negative ways. That's no different than saying positive emotions make things of beautiful value from our perspective and negative emotions make things of horrible, bad, or disgusting value from our perspective.

Without any emotions (apathy), then nothing can matter to us at all and people would only be confused and in denial to believe otherwise. As you can see here, that's why I need my positive emotions to make my life something positive, beautiful, and worth living for. Therefore, I should live my life seeking as much positive emotions as I possibly can. Without emotions, then life is just life. But our positive emotions make life something more. They makes it into a beautiful, amazing, joyful work of art.

Hint: Here's a hint which supports my worldview/claim. Haven't you ever felt that your life was horrible, that someone in your life was a disgusting person, or that a certain thing was beautiful? Well, that's no different than perceiving your life as horrible, someone as disgusting, or a certain thing as beautiful. You should pay very close attention to your emotions next time.

Only then should you come to realize that they are perceptions/value judgments of beauty, horror, disgust, etc. In addition, you should also pay very close attention to your intellectual value judgments. You should come to realize that they're not real value judgments since they're just words and not the real experience of beauty, horror, disgust, etc.

Re: The words we think as opposed to what we experience

Posted: Tue Aug 14, 2018 2:28 am
by Dalek Prime
It'll end some day. Try to pass the time the best you can. We can scream all we want, but no one is really paying attention.

Know what I do for fun? I count the days and seconds. Know why? So I can feel better about getting closer to the end, than the beginning. It helps.

Re: The words we think as opposed to what we experience

Posted: Tue Aug 14, 2018 10:20 am
by Judaka
Firstly I don't know what you're arguing against when you draw distinctions between words and feelings. That's the heading of your post but realistically, I don't know anyone who argues that thinking about suffering and suffering are the same things.

There is an intellectual aspect to emotions, however, consider the following:
- We interpret before we react emotionally
- We can adjust these interpretations intellectually on many different levels
- Emotions must be interpreted and we still have to decide what to do when they occur

The relevance is that emotions (as a concept) cannot be defined as "primitive and instinctive". The actual feeling itself may be that way but you can't say the same for why you felt it, what it means that you felt it and so on.

Emotions don't make any value judgements whatsoever because for a value judgement to be made based on emotions would require interpretation. You would need to say "because X made me happy, therefore X is ???" and there is no implicit argument being made simply by feeling an emotion. You cannot make value judgements without interpretation and interpretation is intellectual, not emotional.

Experiencing something is not a value judgement although I agree neither imagination or romanticized notions can replace real experience, this doesn't change the facts.

This entire argument you are making is not being made off of your experiences but how you've decided to interpret them. I don't agree with your positive/negative dichotomy either because they aren't as separate as you make them out to be but that's just a side note, not really going to argue about it.

Re: The words we think as opposed to what we experience

Posted: Tue Aug 14, 2018 10:29 am
by MozartLink
Judaka wrote:
Tue Aug 14, 2018 10:20 am
Firstly I don't know what you're arguing against when you draw distinctions between words and feelings. That's the heading of your post but realistically, I don't know anyone who argues that thinking about suffering and suffering are the same things.

There is an intellectual aspect to emotions, however, consider the following:
- We interpret before we react emotionally
- We can adjust these interpretations intellectually on many different levels
- Emotions must be interpreted and we still have to decide what to do when they occur

The relevance is that emotions (as a concept) cannot be defined as "primitive and instinctive". The actual feeling itself may be that way but you can't say the same for why you felt it, what it means that you felt it and so on.

Emotions don't make any value judgements whatsoever because for a value judgement to be made based on emotions would require interpretation. You would need to say "because X made me happy, therefore X is ???" and there is no implicit argument being made simply by feeling an emotion. You cannot make value judgements without interpretation and interpretation is intellectual, not emotional.

Experiencing something is not a value judgement although I agree neither imagination or romanticized notions can replace real experience, this doesn't change the facts.

This entire argument you are making is not being made off of your experiences but how you've decided to interpret them. I don't agree with your positive/negative dichotomy either because they aren't as separate as you make them out to be but that's just a side note, not really going to argue about it.
I disagree that this is just an interpretation of my experience. No words can allow me to experience the sheer beauty, suffering, tragedy, and horror my emotions brought my life. It could be the case that my brain is wired like a drug addict's because drug addicts would say their lives cannot be perceived as beautiful without those blissful highs (positive emotions). This is because of the way their brains are wired. They've wired their brains to perceive beauty through their positive emotions. Now, I don't do drugs, smoke, or drink. I keep myself healthy and exercise. But my brain might still be wired like this anyway. Hopefully, this wiring isn't permanent. As far as I recall, my positive emotions have always been the perception of beauty in my life. Even as a young child. I never recall a single given moment in my life where intellect allowed me to perceive things as beautiful.

Re: The words we think as opposed to what we experience

Posted: Tue Aug 14, 2018 2:17 pm
by Judaka
Whether you agree or disagree, it is a fact.

An experience without interpretation is just a memory, incapable of creating an argument.

Re: The words we think as opposed to what we experience

Posted: Tue Aug 14, 2018 2:56 pm
by MozartLink
Judaka wrote:
Tue Aug 14, 2018 2:17 pm
Whether you agree or disagree, it is a fact.

An experience without interpretation is just a memory, incapable of creating an argument.
Could you respond to the rest of my post regarding the drug addict's brain because my brain could be wired like that?

Re: The words we think as opposed to what we experience

Posted: Tue Aug 14, 2018 3:25 pm
by Judaka
MozartLink wrote:
Tue Aug 14, 2018 2:56 pm
Judaka wrote:
Tue Aug 14, 2018 2:17 pm
Whether you agree or disagree, it is a fact.

An experience without interpretation is just a memory, incapable of creating an argument.
Could you respond to the rest of my post regarding the drug addict's brain because my brain could be wired like that?
In some contexts, most people are like that. I can't intellectually make a baby's screaming as pleasant as my favourite music. Otherwise, I find it hard to believe that you've never experienced beauty with the aid of your intellect. Can a story not be beautiful? Or human achievement? Or witnessing the growth of new life? I find beauty in such things and it's not possible without my intellect. If we were to choose another example other than beauty it might be more or less intellectual, you talked about misery before and that is entirely intellectual.

I don't know if you are different from others because I don't know you and I know nothing about brain wiring but regardless of whether your brain is wired differently, it doesn't make mean your emotions can convey meaning or value without interpretation.

Re: The words we think as opposed to what we experience

Posted: Tue Aug 14, 2018 4:38 pm
by MozartLink
Judaka wrote:
Tue Aug 14, 2018 3:25 pm
MozartLink wrote:
Tue Aug 14, 2018 2:56 pm
Judaka wrote:
Tue Aug 14, 2018 2:17 pm
Whether you agree or disagree, it is a fact.

An experience without interpretation is just a memory, incapable of creating an argument.
Could you respond to the rest of my post regarding the drug addict's brain because my brain could be wired like that?
In some contexts, most people are like that. I can't intellectually make a baby's screaming as pleasant as my favourite music. Otherwise, I find it hard to believe that you've never experienced beauty with the aid of your intellect. Can a story not be beautiful? Or human achievement? Or witnessing the growth of new life? I find beauty in such things and it's not possible without my intellect. If we were to choose another example other than beauty it might be more or less intellectual, you talked about misery before and that is entirely intellectual.

I don't know if you are different from others because I don't know you and I know nothing about brain wiring but regardless of whether your brain is wired differently, it doesn't make mean your emotions can convey meaning or value without interpretation.
I think that certain things are beautiful in my life. That thought sends the signal to another area of my brain that allows me to feel positive emotions about those things. But it's not the thoughts that allow me to perceive these things as beautiful. It's the positive emotions that do. As for misery, the same rule applies. I think horrible things and those thoughts send the signal to other areas of my brain that make me feel miserable. But it's not the thoughts that are the miserable state. It's those miserable emotional states which are the real states of misery.

Re: The words we think as opposed to what we experience

Posted: Wed Aug 15, 2018 2:31 am
by Judaka
It goes without saying Mozartlink that we don't intellectually create emotions, we can't make new ones or get rid of old ones. It is far more complicated than segregating emotions into "positive and negative" ones but you've already recognised the intellectual aspect of emotions. It is the triggers and the performance that are malleable, not the actual emotions themselves (as far as I know). Thoughts don't have emotions but they can make people feel emotions, I genuinely don't think there's anyone (other than some crackpot individuals) who would argue that thoughts = emotions.

I'm not even sure I'd call misery and beauty emotions at all so instead look at things like disgust, surprise and fear. Firstly I hope you can see that people do not experience fear simply because of negative emotions, it is a deeply instinctual emotion that responds to threats. It is to do with keeping you alive, not making you happy. You can see with all these things, how differently people feel about the triggers - I am not afraid of things others are afraid of and vice versa, I feel disgusted by things that others are not, will be surprised by things others are not and vice versa.

I don't experience emotions because of other emotions, they exist independently. Now if you want to talk about something like beauty or misery and say these things couldn't exist without the baser emotions, I am inclined to agree in the case of misery but not with beauty. That's because beauty has nothing to do with the emotions really, whether you're talking about a person, nature or something abstract.

Anyway, I think this is a bit silly, if your goal is to find someone who thinks thoughts = emotions and argue with them, you might be looking for a while.

Re: The words we think as opposed to what we experience

Posted: Wed Aug 15, 2018 3:50 am
by MozartLink
Judaka wrote:
Wed Aug 15, 2018 2:31 am
It goes without saying Mozartlink that we don't intellectually create emotions, we can't make new ones or get rid of old ones. It is far more complicated than segregating emotions into "positive and negative" ones but you've already recognised the intellectual aspect of emotions. It is the triggers and the performance that are malleable, not the actual emotions themselves (as far as I know). Thoughts don't have emotions but they can make people feel emotions, I genuinely don't think there's anyone (other than some crackpot individuals) who would argue that thoughts = emotions.

I'm not even sure I'd call misery and beauty emotions at all so instead look at things like disgust, surprise and fear. Firstly I hope you can see that people do not experience fear simply because of negative emotions, it is a deeply instinctual emotion that responds to threats. It is to do with keeping you alive, not making you happy. You can see with all these things, how differently people feel about the triggers - I am not afraid of things others are afraid of and vice versa, I feel disgusted by things that others are not, will be surprised by things others are not and vice versa.

I don't experience emotions because of other emotions, they exist independently. Now if you want to talk about something like beauty or misery and say these things couldn't exist without the baser emotions, I am inclined to agree in the case of misery but not with beauty. That's because beauty has nothing to do with the emotions really, whether you're talking about a person, nature or something abstract.

Anyway, I think this is a bit silly, if your goal is to find someone who thinks thoughts = emotions and argue with them, you might be looking for a while.
Now, let me explain something new here in regards to positive emotions:

Intellect, morality, and character is all about the words we think. For example, people would say that, if you wish to care about someone intellectually or if you wish for your life to have real value, then you would truly think the words "I care about this person," "I wish to live my life helping him/her out," or "My life is beautiful." But I don't think words are enough to give value to our lives or care about someone. Something more than words is needed.

As I said before, words themselves aren't the real things, they aren't real emotions, and they aren't any real source of value in our lives. What are words for then? Well, they are just simply used for analysis, to explain things, and to make certain decisions. They are used for explaining concepts such as good, bad, beauty, and joy, and they are used for communication. But, to experience real beauty or real horror, this is something that goes beyond words.

It's like a divine life force from the heavens and it's like a horrific life force from hell. It would be our positive and negative emotions. Living our lives by words alone isn't enough. We need to have a positive life force/energy breathed into our conscious being in order for things, moments, situations, and works of art to truly come alive in beauty and joy from our perspective.

That life force would be our positive emotions and our positive emotions are like the breath of god into our conscious being. They are the Life of the Cosmos and they are everything to our human existence. No words can ever give us such a profoundly beautiful perception/experience. I simply do not understand nor comprehend how anyone could think that words themselves can give our lives a real beautiful or horrible experience and how they can allow us to truly perceive value in our lives.

Re: The words we think as opposed to what we experience

Posted: Wed Aug 15, 2018 4:56 am
by Judaka
Intellect, morality, and character is all about the words we think. For example, people would say that, if you wish to care about someone intellectually or if you wish for your life to have real value, then you would truly think the words "I care about this person," "I wish to live my life helping him/her out," or "My life is beautiful." But I don't think words are enough to give value to our lives or care about someone. Something more than words is needed.
Who says that? Nobody. Nobody says "You need to think the words I care about this person" and that's just such a dumb way to think about words in general. If I care about someone then words can help me express that, however, my basis for caring about something has nothing to do with the words. That's what is missing in your analysis, words aren't just for "explaining, analysis and decision making" they are actually mostly used for expression and communication.

The rest of your argument is your own interpretation and yet further demonstrates how little your emotional experiences or brain hardwiring have to do with anything.

Your way of thinking seems shallow to me, you don't see any ambiguity in the morality of the various emotions and characterise them in such strong terms, you don't see value in things that bring negative emotions and you don't see downsides in things that bring positive emotions. I think your views lack nuance, they are unnecessarily spiritual and the way you characterise the views of others is misleading.

It doesn't appear as though you came here to learn or debate though but to preach, I am afraid I don't see anything about your argument that has any value. Not because it made me feel negative emotions but because I don't think it has any :).

Re: The words we think as opposed to what we experience

Posted: Wed Aug 15, 2018 1:27 pm
by MozartLink
Who says that? Nobody. Nobody says "You need to think the words I care about this person" and that's just such a dumb way to think about words in general. If I care about someone then words can help me express that, however, my basis for caring about something has nothing to do with the words. That's what is missing in your analysis, words aren't just for "explaining, analysis and decision making" they are actually mostly used for expression and communication.

The rest of your argument is your own interpretation and yet further demonstrates how little your emotional experiences or brain hardwiring have to do with anything.

Your way of thinking seems shallow to me, you don't see any ambiguity in the morality of the various emotions and characterise them in such strong terms, you don't see value in things that bring negative emotions and you don't see downsides in things that bring positive emotions. I think your views lack nuance, they are unnecessarily spiritual and the way you characterise the views of others is misleading.

It doesn't appear as though you came here to learn or debate though but to preach, I am afraid I don't see anything about your argument that has any value. Not because it made me feel negative emotions but because I don't think it has any :).
Nonetheless, I will share/preach my views for anyone who can relate to them and is willing to listen to them:

Positive Emotions Are Divine States: The perception/experience of beauty, joy, greatness, and good value in our lives is vital and precious because, without it, then our lives could only be empty (valueless) or bad, horrible, tragic, and disgusting from our perspective. Therefore, this perception/experience is a vital and precious state of consciousness and that's the reason why I would describe it as being a divine state of consciousness.

Since it's divine, then I think positive emotions are god's holy light within us given that positive emotions are this perception/experience of beauty, greatness, and joy we need in our lives. Without his holy light, then we become beings of darkness through our negative emotions or empty vessels without our emotions. The goal would, therefore, be to become beings of light through our positive emotions and to avoid the negative emotions as well as apathy. Sadly, positive emotions are very fleeting things and many people struggle with depression due to no fault of their own.

This means all those depressed, genius artists who believed their lives were rich in beauty and greatness were believing a lie. It would be no different than a poor person believing he's rich when he's not. In order to be rich in the beauty and greatness in your life, then you need to be rich in positive emotions. Having little to no positive emotions can only render your life with little to no perceived beauty and greatness. Having negative emotions or no emotions at all is simply no way to live or be an artist. Especially the worst miserable emotions of your life.

We Need The Light: People who have near death experiences report they've met a being of light in the higher, heavenly realms known as "God" or "The Light." It is a ball of light that consists of pure joyful, loving, beautiful energy. Our brains are receivers that pick up on The Light's invisible spiritual energy here on Earth. It would be like how a radio picks up radio waves. Even though these waves are invisible, they still exist.

Once received by our brains, The Light's beautiful energy becomes a divine state of consciousness. It becomes a positive emotional state. Positive emotions are, therefore, the experience of The Light's divine power within us. We need this light within us to make our lives beautiful and to create a paradise here on Earth for us. Without the light, then our lives would only amount to nothing.

As for our negative emotions, this would be dark/negative energy from the lower realms picked up by our brains. So, our goal is to receive as much light as possible and to avoid receiving the darkness/negative energy as well as apathy. Sadly, there are many factors that can prevent our brains from receiving the light and it would be no different than preventing a radio from receiving the signal.

I Need To Become The Being Of Light; Not The Being Of Darkness: If I had the choice, I would choose to have no negative emotions in my life. Some people would say this is unbalanced. But, if there was an item that could only make my life horrible, bad, or disgusting, then I would obviously choose to rid of that item out of my life. I treat negative emotions as being that item. If I never had negative emotions in the first place, then I wouldn't have struggled much of my life with all those horrible miserable moments and neither would I feel violent or disgust towards myself or others.

When I have negative emotions, I become a horrible, disgusting, violent, or morbid being of darkness and I can only see things in life from a negative perspective. But, when I have my positive emotions, I become a being of light since I become something positive, beautiful, and joyful. I need to become that divine, magnificent, angelic being of light which is the reason why I would choose to only have positive emotions. But I would also want to avoid apathy since apathy is how I become an empty vessel (neither a being of light nor a being of darkness).

Euphoria Is The Best Thing: The more profound and intense the positive emotions you feel, the more beauty and joy your life has. The less degree of positive emotions you feel, the less beauty and joy your life has. This would have to mean getting high on drugs would be the most beautiful, joyful life to live. Drugs allow you to receive the greatest amount of The Light's divine energy. But I wouldn't do drugs just from the idea in my mind of the harm and consequences.

The more profound and intense the negative emotions you feel, the worse your life is. That's why we should avoid things such as emotional traumas since these are the worst emotional states that put you into the worst states of misery. If I had the choice to either live my life paralyzed in a bed feeling profound bliss or to be in the worst miserable state of my life, but live the life of my dreams, then I would choose to be the blissful vegetable in that bed because it doesn't matter how much luxury or riches I have.

Without my positive emotions, none of those things can be anything beautiful or joyful in my life. It's not about external factors such as how much money or luxury you have, how much you have helped others and contributed to the world, and neither is it about making the best of things and what mark we've made upon this world. It's all about what mental state we are in. Since positive emotions are the only mental states that bring our lives real beauty and joy, then there's nothing more to life than positive emotions.

Given this, I see no reason for others to complain and call me a pathetic, worthless human being if I have chosen to be that blissful vegetable in that bed in a pretend scenario. Rather, others should understand that positive emotions truly are the only things that can make our lives beautiful. Sure, we can help others to make them feel positive emotions. But we still need our own positive emotions to perceive that endeavor as something beautiful, great, and worthwhile.

I agree that might sound absurd, false, and ridiculous. But plenty of things that sound absurd are, in fact, true things. So, just because my worldview sounds cruel and unfair for those who struggle with depression and other mental illnesses that take away their positive emotions and just because my worldview sounds absurd and false doesn't make it false. You see, I'm all about the truth here regardless of how offensive said truth might be.

I'm not about sugar coating things and telling depressed people that their lives can still be beautiful without their positive emotions just because this is something they would like to hear. I think I've arrived at the unpleasant truth through my own personal experience and I am going to share and express that truth. I'm tired of my own emotions being dismissed as trivial things and I will speak up for myself and explain to others that they really are value judgments that give our lives value.

Re: The words we think as opposed to what we experience

Posted: Wed Aug 15, 2018 11:16 pm
by Judaka
You hide behind God to give your words a power they can't find through reason seemingly because you are tired of how others interpret the meaning of your experiences and emotions. Well if it makes you feel gratitude and optimism towards life then it's not so bad. You will have to deal with negative emotions again, however, if you can find a way to interact with them and convert those feelings into something positive and constructive then you may have a winning philosophy.

Best of luck.

Re: The words we think as opposed to what we experience

Posted: Wed Aug 15, 2018 11:57 pm
by MozartLink
Judaka wrote:
Wed Aug 15, 2018 11:16 pm
You hide behind God to give your words a power they can't find through reason seemingly because you are tired of how others interpret the meaning of your experiences and emotions. Well if it makes you feel gratitude and optimism towards life then it's not so bad. You will have to deal with negative emotions again, however, if you can find a way to interact with them and convert those feelings into something positive and constructive then you may have a winning philosophy.

Best of luck.
Actually, this philosophy of mine is a big problem for me because life is often times not a happy place which makes positive emotions very fleeting things. I've also struggled much of my life with many miserable moments which means most of my life has been wasted away. But the only thing that can change my philosophy and give my life a whole new set of values would be if I had a new personal experience that would convince me that my intellect and character can somehow be the divine, holy, inner light (the experience of beauty, greatness, and joy in my life) rather than just my positive emotions.

Re: The words we think as opposed to what we experience

Posted: Thu Aug 16, 2018 12:17 am
by A_Seagull
Not sure if this is helpful .. or even relevant.. but.....

Words are merely labels for ideas , statements are merely descriptions..
There is a whole world of ideas bubbling beneath the conscious mind..