Liberalism

For all things philosophical.

Moderators: AMod, iMod

vegetariantaxidermy

Re: Liberalism

Post by vegetariantaxidermy »

gaffo wrote: Sun May 20, 2018 11:51 pm
vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Sat May 19, 2018 9:13 pm
commonsense wrote: Sat May 19, 2018 7:51 pm Will Harry and Meghan's children be liberals?
I am sure they will be do-gooding bores just like their parents.
from what i've heard of Harry's character i think you should allow more charity here.

time will tell of course.
That he is a warmongering little prik?
vegetariantaxidermy

gaffo wrote: Sun May 20, 2018 11:46 pm
vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Sun May 20, 2018 11:37 pm
gaffo wrote: Sun May 20, 2018 11:31 pm

per Phil's reply - and i understood it.

if you are willing and knowing that these two nations are now independent from each other - to become a more informed "global citizen" - if you are willing.

can you tell me when NZ and Australia become independant from Crown rule (I know it is "foggy" - as per my understanding of Canada - i assume it is the same for your nation as well - "stages" and such).

did NZ become independant prior or latter than Aussies?

etc.

I'm just an ignorant American - we had our "hard break" and so know when we were no longer under Crown rule (1782?).

welcome education Madam.
I don't know. Aren't they still?
???? "under the Crown" - no.

but would welcome your education toward me to know when either become independent.

from my understanding of Australia (which i know a little more about) - she had a "constitution" (or declaration? or some such) around 1910 (give or take) and so Aussie thought they (viewed themselves as) they were independant..........until the PM in the 70's was removed by the Queen (fully legal under the Rule of Law per England/Australia) - assues were in uproar,...did they make laws after to prevent a re-accurance of - or just hoping that the same will not happen again?

i know nothing about NZ and hope you can educate me on your Nation's soverienty/laws.
I couldn't care less about either. You could probably just google it.
gaffo

Post by gaffo »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Mon May 21, 2018 12:01 am
vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Sat May 19, 2018 9:13 pm

I am sure they will be do-gooding bores just like their parents.
from what i've heard of Harry's character i think you should allow more charity here.

??
vegetariantaxidermy

gaffo wrote: Mon May 21, 2018 12:02 am
vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Mon May 21, 2018 12:01 am

??
Desperate to get to Afghanistan and do 'real soldier stuff' (killing people) instead of just poncy pretend 'royal stuff'.
gaffo

Post by gaffo »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Mon May 21, 2018 12:02 am
vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Sun May 20, 2018 11:37 pm

I don't know. Aren't they still?

but would welcome your education toward me to know when either become independent.

from my understanding of Australia (which i know a little more about) - she had a "constitution" (or declaration? or some such) around 1910 (give or take) and so Aussie thought they (viewed themselves as) they were independant..........until the PM in the 70's was removed by the Queen (fully legal under the Rule of Law per England/Australia) - assues were in uproar,...did they make laws after to prevent a re-accurance of - or just hoping that the same will not happen again?

i know nothing about NZ and hope you can educate me on your Nation's soverienty/laws.
I couldn't care less about either.
so you don't care and/or know when/if NZ is an independent Nation? - though you are a citizen of said nation?

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Mon May 21, 2018 12:02 am You could probably just google it.
I could - and valuing knowledge will do so - only thought you being an NZ could educate me being here on this forum.

sorry of assuming you might be able to educate me and instead just being another snippy asshole (not like the world does not have enough of them).

carry on "madam"
vegetariantaxidermy

gaffo wrote: Mon May 21, 2018 12:06 am

so you don't care and/or know when/if NZ is an independent Nation? - though you are a citizen of said nation?

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Mon May 21, 2018 12:02 am You could probably just google it.
I could - and valuing knowledge will do so - only thought you being an NZ could educate me being here on this forum.

sorry of assuming you might be able to educate me and instead just being another snippy asshole (not like the world does not have enough of them).

carry on "madam"
I mean I couldn't care less about either country. They are both fast morphing into little USs so essentially don't even exist any more.
gaffo

Post by gaffo »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Mon May 21, 2018 12:10 am
gaffo wrote: Mon May 21, 2018 12:06 am

carry on "madam"
I mean I couldn't care less about either country. They are both fast morphing into little USs so essentially don't even exist any more.
"either" - meaning Australia and your nation?

ok. i guess (I can relate per Trump).

so you do not know if/when your nation became independent from the Crown?
just to clarify.
gaffo

Post by gaffo »

1947 with the belated affirmation by ZN (parliment?) of the Balfour Declaration of 1926.
vegetariantaxidermy

:?:
Walker

Post by Walker »

In relation to Catholicism, this is a liberal statement:

Speaking to Spanish newspaper El País, Cruz said: “He [the Pope] told me, ‘Juan Carlos, that you are gay does not matter.
“God made you like this and loves you like this and I don’t care.
“The pope loves you like this. You have to be happy with who you are.”
The Pope’s words signal a much more open and inclusive approach by the often restrictive faith – a move which will likely upset many conservative Catholics.
The Vatican has neither confirmed nor denied the comments the Pontiff’s comments to Cruz.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/6337719/p ... loves-you/

Do you think the pope actually said these things?
commonsense

Post by commonsense »

Walker wrote: Tue May 22, 2018 11:55 am In relation to Catholicism, this is a liberal statement:
Speaking to Spanish newspaper El País, Cruz said: “He [the Pope] told me, ‘Juan Carlos, that you are gay does not matter.
The Pope’s words signal a much more open and inclusive approach by the often restrictive faith – a move which will likely upset many conservative Catholics.
The Vatican has neither confirmed nor denied the comments the Pontiff’s comments to Cruz.

I highly doubt the reports on Juan-Carlos Cruz and Pope Francis. Here’s why:

1. Sofia Petkar, whose name is attached to the linked article, is a freelance writer whose writing style is comprised of a number of inflammatory and sensationalistic adjectives, adverbs and adverbial phrases. I say this after reading articles written by Petkar on several subjects and published by various outlets. Sensationalism is at the least an exaggeration of the truth, if not an actual distortion of the truth. I have concluded that Petkar is not to be trusted as credible.

2. Petkar’s article was published by The Sun, and was quoted in part by other publishers. After reading a random sample of articles in The Sun, I again find inflammatory and sensational descriptors. I concluded that The Sun should not be considered a trustworthy source of truth.

3. The original statement was that it was understood that Pope Francis used these words. I understood that the U.S. penny was to be taken out of circulation. If I were to represent my understanding as factual, I will have grossly distorted the truth. There’s a difference between “the Pope told me” (Cruz) and “it was understood the Pope [told Cruz]”(Petkar). I want to know who understood and how and why this understanding came about.

4. Juan-Carlos Cruz was the victim of the most vilified Chilean clerical pedophile, Fernando Karadima. As such, he should be forgiven if he used words that clearly express his feelings, even if the words do not hold true in a factual sense. Cruz may have actually heard the words spoken by the Pope as reported. However, I would not begrudge him if he deeply felt that these were the words the Pope should have spoken but did not. His justifiably strong emotions are at issue no less than his credibility.

5. Although the Catholic Church has softened its stance on LGBTQ just recently, it is still very restrictive in its regard of homosexuality. Although Pope Francis is outspoken, I find it unlikely that he would contradict the teachings of the Church.
vegetariantaxidermy

commonsense wrote: Tue May 22, 2018 10:36 pm
Walker wrote: Tue May 22, 2018 11:55 am In relation to Catholicism, this is a liberal statement:

I highly doubt the reports on Juan-Carlos Cruz and Pope Francis. Here’s why:

1. Sofia Petkar, whose name is attached to the linked article, is a freelance writer whose writing style is comprised of a number of inflammatory and sensationalistic adjectives, adverbs and adverbial phrases. I say this after reading articles written by Petkar on several subjects and published by various outlets. Sensationalism is at the least an exaggeration of the truth, if not an actual distortion of the truth. I have concluded that Petkar is not to be trusted as credible.

2. Petkar’s article was published by The Sun, and was quoted in part by other publishers. After reading a random sample of articles in The Sun, I again find inflammatory and sensational descriptors. I concluded that The Sun should not be considered a trustworthy source of truth.

3. The original statement was that it was understood that Pope Francis used these words. I understood that the U.S. penny was to be taken out of circulation. If I were to represent my understanding as factual, I will have grossly distorted the truth. There’s a difference between “the Pope told me” (Cruz) and “it was understood the Pope [told Cruz]”(Petkar). I want to know who understood and how and why this understanding came about.

4. Juan-Carlos Cruz was the victim of the most vilified Chilean clerical pedophile, Fernando Karadima. As such, he should be forgiven if he used words that clearly express his feelings, even if the words do not hold true in a factual sense. Cruz may have actually heard the words spoken by the Pope as reported. However, I would not begrudge him if he deeply felt that these were the words the Pope should have spoken but did not. His justifiably strong emotions are at issue no less than his credibility.

5. Although the Catholic Church has softened its stance on LGBTQ just recently, it is still very restrictive in its regard of homosexuality. Although Pope Francis is outspoken, I find it unlikely that he would contradict the teachings of the Church.
Well put, but I could quite believe that the Pope Francis said that. It might well be his personal opinion--he fairly oozes kind benevolence. Besides, the Catholic Church is extremely tolerant of paedophiles so it can hardly turn around and start condemning the (legal) sexual activities of anyone else.