Either

For all things philosophical.

Moderators: AMod, iMod

gaffo

Re: Either

Post by gaffo »

bahman wrote: Thu Apr 26, 2018 1:26 am

We are reasoning here. I agree that we don't have direct access to reality. But reality should be something and not nothing. Therefore reality exists.
so you are a religionist for lack of another word.
gaffo

Post by gaffo »

bahman wrote: Thu Apr 26, 2018 1:26 am
We are reasoning here.
if so then the only answer offered is Solipsism.

reason cannot offer anything more.

more requires throwing out reason and embracing Faith.
jayjacobus

Post by jayjacobus »

Intuition is also involved.

The orange is intuitively obvious even if people say there is no reason for the orange.
Eodnhoj7

Post by Eodnhoj7 »

Impenitent wrote: Sun Apr 22, 2018 1:29 am the thing in itself is unknowable

-Imp
So we lack knowledge, or "un-know" because of a "thing"?
bahman

Post by bahman »

gaffo wrote: Thu Apr 26, 2018 5:43 am .
So everything that we experience is created by nothing!?
Last edited by bahman on Fri Apr 27, 2018 2:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
bahman

Post by bahman »

Double post. Sorry.
Last edited by bahman on Fri Apr 27, 2018 2:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
bahman

Post by bahman »

gaffo

Post by gaffo »

bahman wrote: Thu Apr 26, 2018 5:23 pm
via reaon - what is to be able to be known (I exist) ----for this duscusion "you" - I'm, just you talking to yourself (I'm a solipist - so transpose pronouns if you wish here) - I'm using "you" here for discussions sake (you are me of course - or I'm you for discussion's sake).

yes everything you know is from your own mind - there is no proof of any existance outside of.

all knowledge of history, math, the sciences - the parts provable are via your (mine) - for vise versa for discussion's sake - I'm just a part of you taking to you - .

when "you" know more of the above disciplines -they are just your "mind" (for lake of a better word) - creating a fuller picture......................

to assume they exist outside of ...............and you only lacked the "mind" to know of..................is an act of faith on your (my) part.

thanks for reply - even if I'm replying to myself (or you are replying you yourself - for discussions sake).

Reason has its limits.

those limits are expanded to the small box known as solipsism.

anything more requires Faith that what you (I) (or vise versa for discussion's sake here - giving you a coutousy of an existance outside of me) know is less that what there is to know in the here and now.

I value humility and though for sanity's sake take it upon Faith that the Uinverse exists, all history, math, sciences are real including stuff I know nothing about.............................

but that is my folly, for reason offers no such assurance.

as - if "you" (me talking to myself) were honest with yourself - per what reason can prove as to what exists in this realm (not assuming there is any other realm - just a use of verbage on my part).

thanks for reply though!
gaffo

Post by gaffo »

https://archive.org/details/Mindwebs_23 ... 4_They.mp3

good story, though not strickly Solipist - "Glorum" and his robotic agents (protagonist's wife) have an independent existence, the story is "solpsist enought" to relate to my views on the matter.

and a good story - from an author with a mind and something worthy to say. one of the greats of Scifi for sure.
bahman

Post by bahman »

gaffo wrote: Sun Apr 29, 2018 2:02 am
bahman wrote: Thu Apr 26, 2018 5:23 pm
via reaon - what is to be able to be known (I exist) ----for this duscusion "you" - I'm, just you talking to yourself (I'm a solipist - so transpose pronouns if you wish here) - I'm using "you" here for discussions sake (you are me of course - or I'm you for discussion's sake).

yes everything you know is from your own mind - there is no proof of any existance outside of.

all knowledge of history, math, the sciences - the parts provable are via your (mine) - for vise versa for discussion's sake - I'm just a part of you taking to you - .

when "you" know more of the above disciplines -they are just your "mind" (for lake of a better word) - creating a fuller picture......................

to assume they exist outside of ...............and you only lacked the "mind" to know of..................is an act of faith on your (my) part.

thanks for reply - even if I'm replying to myself (or you are replying you yourself - for discussions sake).

Reason has its limits.

those limits are expanded to the small box known as solipsism.

anything more requires Faith that what you (I) (or vise versa for discussion's sake here - giving you a coutousy of an existance outside of me) know is less that what there is to know in the here and now.

I value humility and though for sanity's sake take it upon Faith that the Uinverse exists, all history, math, sciences are real including stuff I know nothing about.............................

but that is my folly, for reason offers no such assurance.

as - if "you" (me talking to myself) were honest with yourself - per what reason can prove as to what exists in this realm (not assuming there is any other realm - just a use of verbage on my part).

thanks for reply though!
So everything else is the construction of your mind in which you are not aware of how you produce it?
gaffo

Post by gaffo »

bahman wrote: Tue May 01, 2018 5:12 am
So everything else is the construction of your mind in which you are not aware of how you produce it?
yep.

either subjectivlty of objectively.

the former is self evident. the latter i take on faith as a reality outside of myself for sanity's sake.

taken upon by faith.

NOT REASON. reason only affirm the former subjective Truth ---------- all i know is a product of my mind (me not having the power of control (real or imagined) is not relivant IMO).

If I'm god, it only means that the conscious mind of me/god lack all power - and the subconscience mind of me/god rules over all the other stuff i have no power to control/understand/etc..

thanks for reply BTW.