What is philosophy?

For all things philosophical.

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Yrreg

What is philosophy?

Post by Yrreg »

Here is my idea on what is philosophy:

Philosophy is the continuous unending search by reasoning for the programming that exists or might exist or should exist in everything.

What about you colleagues here in this net forum?
jayjacobus

Re: What is philosophy?

Post by jayjacobus »

"I'm nobody" by Emily Dickinson.

I could tell it to the judge but the judge will say, "Yes you are."
jayjacobus

Post by jayjacobus »

Yrreg wrote: Sat Apr 21, 2018 4:17 am Here is my idea on what is philosophy:

Philosophy is the continuous unending search by reasoning for the programming that exists or might exist or should exist in everything.

You are the irracle. Why would you listen to us?
HexHammer

Post by HexHammer »

Pure nonsense and babble, just look up in the dictionary, but instead you intentionally choose to come up with something skitzo talk!

Please crawl back to your fairytale world!
Yrreg

Post by Yrreg »

Thanks for your reactions, though they don't add to the concept of what is philosophy, and we are here all keen on talking about philosophical matters.

You see, today's scientists take to bashing philosophy as irrelevant altogether.

But I guess you and I we know better, namely, that they are not seeing into the whole and in particular the biggest picture of reality, but only in a myopic glance limited by their self-censored sighting on things that are limited by space and time and numbers.

So, it behooves us who are keen on philosophy to exchange thoughts among ourselves on what is philosophy.

And so that just in case any scientists will take the care to find out what is so important with philosophy, that the highest academic degree is a Doctorate of Philosophy, and not any doctorate in something but not the Doctorate of Philosophy in something, like the Doctorate of Philosophy in physics.

Please contribute your thinking on what is philosophy.
bahman

Post by bahman »

Yes. That is true. What we experience is like that it is programmed. We reason to explain subject matter. Therefore reasoning is like programming. I agree with the fact that philosophy is about the search for reasoning.
HexHammer

Post by HexHammer »

Yrreg wrote: Sat Apr 21, 2018 9:15 pm Thanks for your reactions, though they don't add to the concept of what is philosophy, and we are here all keen on talking about philosophical matters.
It's completely irrelevant what you say, what you request has always been well defined long long ago, it's just for you to read up on it, instead you sit and want to be hand fed the information, because you are too inept to seek it out yourself.
Yrreg

Post by Yrreg »

Thanks for your reactions but I still don't see any contributions at all that are indicative of cognitive instead of emotive orientation.

The challenge is for people who claim to know what is philosophy to bring forth what they know from their very own personal thinking with their own mental cognitive prowess, instead of declaring that the past has already come to know what is philosophy.

So, see if you can also put in just few words what you know to be the concept of philosophy, like these few words from yours truly:

"Philosophy is the continuous unending search by reasoning for the programming that exists or might exist or should exist in everything.”