The Weakness of the Progressive Mind

For all things philosophical.

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Dontaskme

Re: The Weakness of the Progressive Mind

Post by Dontaskme »

Nick_A wrote: Tue Apr 03, 2018 7:58 pm DaM
Its really difficult to talk about the subject of god isn’t it...but I know god exists, so I don’t care if others don’t believe....I know god is real.
Have you noticed that topics that make a person feel insignificant always provoke animosity.
Yeah, of course, because the fallen angel lucifer our lower self would rather rule on earth than serve in heaven..same place...so it's get's a bit confrontational as you can imagine...but this is a normal behaviour, we need to forgive them for they know not what they do. But soon enough they will have had enough of the constant battle, they will be sick of all the hurting and will want to die to their higher self. There really is no room in here for two, so as long as there are two, the battle goes on. Oneness has no argument with itself. We all live and die in the same fire for life. We are the fire, the fire that can appear to burn ..but can never burn itself..if only we all knew this amazing gift of our own inner alchemy which is of great immense value, the eternal value.

Lucifer wants to be in control, so God in his unconditional love allows this angel centre stage, and says go ahead if you think you can do a better job than I ...it's quite funny, because God's the one who's really doing it all anyway....lol

Nick_A wrote: Tue Apr 03, 2018 7:58 pmA person’s opinion of themselves, their ego, revolts against it. It is understandable but harmful.
Yes, it can be very destructive, and is probably why many people commit suicide, if only they'd had the strength to endure their own inner demon and seen that it was just a shadow on the wall, and that what they actually are is the immutable light creating their own shadow. Conditioning is to blame ..but many are breaking free from their conditioning, they are beginning to see the light,there has been too much darkness, and people are sick of it ..the planet is ascending to 5D...it's a great time to be alive right now...to be part of this global ascension. The matrix is doomed.

Nick_A wrote: Tue Apr 03, 2018 7:58 pmGod is an essential idea which should be contemplated. But the secular mind intent on self justification will do what it can to eliminate intentional conscious contemplation in society through ridicule.
God already knows his children will favour him over the alternate, simply because they are extensions of him, so he already knows they will look to him since they are inseparable from him, they are him, so he already knows it is impossible for them to harm them self..meanwhile, he's allowing them to find that out for them self..they are unconditionally free to choose their own paths...and since he's already been there done that and bought the t shirt...he has total trust that what ever happens, it'll all turn out good in the end, because all is light and all that is of the light returns to the light, there is no where else to turn but back to your original self. The passion and the fire that is self burns all and unites all that's just the way it works.

Humans want what feels good, so dying to their ego self is hard to do, it feels like they have no reason to live anymore..and no one wants to die, no one wants to lose ...so it's not easy for them, but dying is not losing anything, it's gaining everything...when you lose ego you win true self :P ...when you win ego you lose your true self. :cry:

When people say to me, I can't understand why you believe in God? ..there is no proof of God...and I respond to them by saying ..I can't understand why you would not believe in God...it's just so blindingly obvious.

I'm in a poetic mood today bye the way.. :D

Jacob Needleman describes the beginning of wonder and the damaging attitude towards God contemplation that has become so prevalent wherever the poison of arrogant secularism is dominant. It cripples the natural yearning of the inner man. That is why we have to keep respect for the inner search alive. You and I both believe in God. That is the beginning. We cannot expect the secular mind to respect it but we can respect it in ourselves.

More and more, as I see it now, this heartless way of thinking about God and ultimate reality dominates the mind of the contemporary world. For God or against God, “belief” or “atheism,” it makes no difference unless the inner yearning— or whatever we wish to call the cause and source of the “second breathing” — is there. And it can so easily be there, just as it can so easily be covered over and ignored, perhaps for the rest of one’s life. God or not God, “belief” or “science” — it also makes no real difference for my personal life unless the call of the Self and its need to “breathe” is heard and, ultimately, respected. Not only can thought about ultimate reality make no difference to the world or to my personal life unless we hear and respect the call of the Self, but such empty thought can bring down our personal and collective world, even our Earth itself. When thought races ahead of Being, a civilization is racing toward destruction.

Jacob Needleman: What Is God?
Totally agreed.

As for the closed minds...let them have their beliefs Nick...All they've got are their beliefs, if they do not want to surrender to life's natural current and what has been assigned to them, if they choose to go against the flow, then let them swim up current, it's their struggle...to your own self be true.

Nick_A

Post by Nick_A »

DaM
Yeah, of course, because the fallen angel lucifer our lower self would rather rule on earth than serve in heaven..same place...so it's get's a bit confrontational as you can imagine...but this is a normal behaviour, we need to forgive them for they know not what they do. But soon enough they will have had enough of the constant battle, they will be sick of all the hurting and will want to die to their higher self. There really is no room in here for two, so as long as there are two, the battle goes on. Oneness has no argument with itself. We all live and die in the same fire for life. We are the fire, the fire that can appear to burn ..but can never burn itself..if only we all knew this amazing gift of our own inner alchemy which is of great immense value, the eternal value.
A lot of room for discussion here. First of all I like Rudolf Steiner’s description of the relationship between Lucifer, Ahriman, and the Christ. Satan has two expressions. Lucifer is what turns our higher need for meaning into fantasy. It allows for many good ideas but they always have an ingredient that turns them into their opposite. It is like rat poison which is 98% good corn. It is that 2% that kills the rat. Where Lucifer influences the higher realms, Ahriman influences the lower and we are in Ahriman’s time now. That is why the attraction to fragmentation at the expense of the attraction to the whole is so dominant. Ahriman rules the earth and attaches Man to the earth and its self justifying attractions. The age of computers and dominant secularism is Ahriman’s time

The Christ influence evolves the emotional middle which allows a person to not fall victim to either the Ahrimanic or Luciferic influence by adding to the emotions what it lacks. The Christ is in-between Lucifer and Ahriman allowing for the conscious reconciliation of above and below within our being. That is real oneness. Escapism into the fantasy of higher realms is just the luciferic influence all too common in New Age thought. Oneness is not exclusion but rather inclusion. It includes our higher and lower natures from an even higher perspective into One.

Our problem isn’t our ego but rather what has happened to it. Our ego is what connects our inner world with the external world. It has become tainted with imagination. We don’t experience reality but rather react to it with habits and pre-conceptions. It is fashionable for New Agers to believe they must destroy the ego and fly around Saturn in their dreams. No, a seeker of truth must learn how to see and how to listen with detachment and impartial conscious attention. Then the ego can serve its purpose rather than just being the means for creating an imaginary opinion of ourselves.
."Attention is the rarest and purest form of generosity. It is given to very few minds to notice that things and beings exist. Since my childhood I have not wanted anything else but to receive the complete revelation of this before dying." ~Simone Weil
It seems simple intellectually but until we try to sustain conscious attention we are unaware of how much we are ruled by imagination. Oneness is a big topic but useless and actually harmful until we can admit how far we are from it and acquire the humility to admit what we are and make the essential efforts to acquire conscious attention. It should be just common sense to admit that our higher and lower natures cannot be reconciled by imagination. But when the New Agers believe and secularists deny the problem of the human condition it becomes obvious that we do not allow ourselves to become what we are. That is why I find it beneficial to admit square one: I am the wretched man and in opposition to the potential for my being. Of course this is poison for secularism which defines human evolution in terms of technological advancement; the domain of Ahriman.

Unless a person is really dedicated to the need for truth it is best to avoid all this New Age stuff and just strive to be a balanced responsible person. They become good seed and will be saved. Their time will come. But right now we have the problem of the weakness of the progressive mind which has fallen victim to obsessions with fragmentation at the expense of the whole from which our being has devolved. Human evolution is simply the return to our origin which secularism must deny to sustain its self justification. Can we survive these times? Your guess is as good as mine.
Nick_A

Post by Nick_A »

Greta wrote
Nick, you problem is simple - you have advanced rhetorical skills but undeveloped reasoning and analytical skills. For years now we have followed the worn tracks of these faulty rhetorical circles and there is only one major sticking point - certainty.
Greta is politely telling me that in chess I still don’t know where to stick my bishop. Will she give advice?

Secularism values certainty. Dis is here and dat’s dere with no if, ands, or buts about it. Philosophy values the essential questions of the heart and the pondering it creates. Superficial certainty vs open minded pondering of uncertainty.
Most of the interesting esoteric ideas you and DAM have presented I'd either thought of or read about beforehand. It's not the content that bothers me but your over-certainty. You keep on defensively assuming that I am attacking the point itself and then wrongly presume that I don't understand.
Of course you don’t understand. Your heels are dug in. You remind me of those who used to think the world was flat and did whatever they could to condemn and ridicule all those who would deny their expertise. Their minds were flat and incapable of opening to the additional dimension suggesting that the world was round. For example you will condemn Christianity without the slightest awareness of the inner direction of its essential purpose.
These are the kinds of words missing from your posts that need to be there if you are to be taken at all seriously (which you have largely not yet achieved): possibly, perhaps, maybe, apparently, probabilities, seemingly.
The truth of the human condition and what it denies the potential for human being is never taken seriously by the majority. There is no cutsey pooh means to adequately consider the problem.

The secularist will define philosophy as concerning itself with matters taking place in Plato’s cave so will be content to argue matters like Donald Trump. The universalist is inspired by philosophy to contemplate both what it means to be in the cave and to leave the cave. The universalist is open to a conscious dimension of thought the secularist takes pride in being closed to. We have our differences.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Nick_A wrote: Wed Apr 04, 2018 11:12 pm DaM
I totally agree with all you are saying. See, we are on the same page Nick :D You are a good writer of thoughts about the human condition. I enjoy reading your comments.

I agree that only the good seeds are saved, it's a natural logical observation, it happens all the time in nature, only the best flourish, nature discards the weak and stunted, even though they're assigned equal chance of making it to fullness and wholeness, it's just that some do not make it through, and that's the way it is, nature prefers perfection.

I agree the ''new agers'' have gone a bit crazy, with their weird ideas about how you must ''get rid of ego'' ...or you must feel this way and not that way, or if your not in wonderland 24/7 or your not in the ''high frequency vibe'' then you can't possibly be enlightened...it's all bullshit that they've allowed to go to their silly self righteous heads, probably all a big con, and more about money making. Like all human money making scams.

The thing is, nature is not for sale, we're already enlightened, just as every animal alive is.
It's just that humans have been programmed from birth to believe they are separate entities...so they are in the unfortunate position where they feel like they have to compete to be something, and if they don't succeed then there is something wrong with them...it's a miserable and unnatural way to live.

Can we survive it..not sure, but what ever happens here on this planet, has probably happened many times before in eternity...it's simple, what we don't learn from we are doomed to repeat it, evolution sorts out the wheat from the chaff, but it's not always a smooth ride, but we are given many chances...remember Jesus said that his Fathers house has many mansions...I believe.

Harbal

Post by Harbal »

Dontaskme wrote: Thu Apr 05, 2018 10:50 am nature discards the weak and stunted,
Yet here you still are. 8)
Nick_A

Post by Nick_A »

DaM
The thing is, nature is not for sale, we're already enlightened, just as every animal alive is.
It's just that humans have been programmed from birth to believe they are separate entities...so they are in the unfortunate position where they feel like they have to compete to be something, and if they don't succeed then there is something wrong with them...it's a miserable and unnatural way to live.
I also do appreciate the opportunity to converse about the human condition and what we are. As we’ve experienced most modern philosophy is concerned with arguing about opinions relating to life in Plato’s cave and rejects this vertical awareness of being. IMO this is an unfortunate attribute of secularism. We are not restricting ourselves in this way. Albert Einstein wrote:
"A human being is a part of the whole called by us universe, a part limited in time and space. He experiences himself, his thoughts and feeling as something separated from the rest, a kind of optical delusion of his consciousness. This delusion is a kind of prison for us, restricting us to our personal desires and to affection for a few persons nearest to us. Our task must be to free ourselves from this prison by widening our circle of compassion to embrace all living creatures and the whole of nature in its beauty."
Like you, Einstein believed that we are all One. We are all parts of a whole called universe. It is a delusion created by several influences. But my question to you is if you believe we can all be individuals as we retain awareness that we are simultaneously a part of the whole?

Consider a galaxy as a cosmos for example. It exists as one. Its parts are all related within the whole. Now imagine looking up at this whole and slowly parts called suns begin to emerge from it as they remain parts of the whole. Each sun has a unique identity and yet they are all simultaneously part of the whole, the cosmos called galaxy.

I believe it is the same with Man on earth. We are united as part of a whole called humanity. Yet we are capable of individuality at a lower level of reality while remaining a part of the whole. We then have two realities: the part that exists as part of One and the individual animal man called a human being. This individual does not exist as inner unity but rather as a plurality with the potential to be an individual and also part of the cosmos called Man. Our task then is to unite above and below within our being. Can we admit how difficult it is and how preferable it has become just to adopt the various standards of secularism that prefer to go with the flow?

Simone Weil in my last post describes how much she desired to “see.” Jacob Needleman describes how valuable it is to listen. When we reject both and prefer to live by opinions and self serving imagination which creates them, is there any reason IYO why the future will be any different from the present?
Simply put, there is nothing, nothing in the world, that can take the place of one person intentionally listening or speaking to another. The act of conscious attending to another person -- when one once discovers the taste of it and its significance -- can become the center of gravity of the work of love. It is very difficult. Almost nothing in our world supports it or even knows about it.
— Jacob Needleman in A Little Book on Love by Jacob Needleman
Harbal

Post by Harbal »

Nick_A wrote: Thu Apr 05, 2018 10:29 pm
I also do appreciate the opportunity to converse about the human condition and what we are.
Knowing what you are, your willingness to talk about it surprises me, Nick. Most people would want it kept quiet.
Nick_A

Post by Nick_A »

Harbal wrote: Thu Apr 05, 2018 10:42 pm
I also do appreciate the opportunity to converse about the human condition and what we are.
Knowing what you are, your willingness to talk about it surprises me, Nick. Most people would want it kept quiet.
I appreciate the compliment but alas I am not worthy. Those like Socrates and Simone Weil spoke of what they were. Their honesty was worthy of the wrath of the Great Beast. I am just a minor insignificant annoyance. I have to learn how to pinch the behind of the great beast so as to arouse a growl and condemnation to become more than an insignificant annoyance. I'll have to work on it but I welcome your support.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Harbal wrote: Thu Apr 05, 2018 6:24 pm
Dontaskme wrote: Thu Apr 05, 2018 10:50 am nature discards the weak and stunted,
Yet here you still are. 8)
I know you are but what AM I ?

It takes one to know one, one and one make one of the many.
Many of the ONE 8)

:wink:
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Like you, Einstein believed that we are all One. We are all parts of a whole called universe. It is a delusion created by several influences. But my question to you is if you believe we can all be individuals as we retain awareness that we are simultaneously a part of the whole?
Yes, we can all be individuals as we retain awareness that we are simultaneously a part of the whole.

We've only got two ways to think about who we are.

1: One way is to think we are separate.

2: The other way is to think we are whole.

______

2: is the peace and order of SELF aka God.

1: is the chaos of misery identified self.

Being whole is not even a belief... it's innate knowing already what we are.

Walker

Post by Walker »

Progressive denial.

There’s a PC list of unapproved news sources, all right.

Prog style, with a stonewalling method made famous by the Clintons, deny facts until they can’t be denied, then start changing definitions and shifting attention elsewhere.

This can be done with a corrupted Socratic method, where agenda rather than truth is the objective.

The New Censorship

How did Google become the internet’s censor and master manipulator, blocking access to millions of websites?

https://www.usnews.com/opinion/articles ... -regulated
Nick_A

Post by Nick_A »

The best example I know of the effect of the secular mind on Christianity is the denial of the Resurrection and the belief that it is unnecessary for Christianity.

1 Corinthians 15
12 But if it is preached that Christ has been raised from the dead, how can some of you say that there is no resurrection of the dead? 13 If there is no resurrection of the dead, then not even Christ has been raised. 14 And if Christ has not been raised, our preaching is useless and so is your faith. 15 More than that, we are then found to be false witnesses about God, for we have testified about God that he raised Christ from the dead. But he did not raise him if in fact the dead are not raised. 16 For if the dead are not raised, then Christ has not been raised either. 17 And if Christ has not been raised, your faith is futile; you are still in your sins. 18 Then those also who have fallen asleep in Christ are lost. 19 If only for this life we have hope in Christ, we are of all people most to be pitied.
Apparently Jesus' sacrifice and the resultant Resurrection is superficial for secular interpretations. The depth of the Christian message has devolved into secular ethics. Everybody loves everybody and together we will all walk into a glorious future.

So you dear lurking student will be stuck with the problem of making sense of all this without either becoming a snowflake or being flunked out of college for your refusal to be educated. You will sense hypocrisy and wonder why the experts deny theirs. Here's a tip:
“Hypocrisy in anything whatever may deceive the cleverest and most penetrating man, but the least wide-awake of children recognizes it, and is revolted by it, however ingeniously it may be disguised.” ― Leo Tolstoy, Anna Karenina
It seems as though as we mature and become educated and even approved experts, we lose the awareness of our hypocrisy. Hypocrisy becomes the norm. Now it becomes clear why the depth of the Christian message must devolve into secular ethics for the secular progressive mind. It reconciles the acquired opposition of our higher and lower natures into imagining that it occurs naturally in the World dominated by hypocrisy. What could be more obvious then the loss of conscious awareness when we deny and even glorify our habitual hypocrisy?